Skip to content

Next year signings?

The Cavs Board
15 7 1.2k
  • There are rumors going around today that Andy plans to opt out of his contract and become a free agent. I think its reported in the Plain Dealer or something.

  • AMARE STOUDEMIRE !

  • Just for fun........

    Amare STOUDEMIRE

    Teyshawn Prince

    Rip Hamilton

    Jason Maxiell

    Erick Dampier

    Eddie House

    Rajan RONDO!!!! 😆

    In That order

  • I believe the Pistons are dumping everyone this season, and had looked to be in the best shape a season before all the big name FA's come out.

    What about Rasheed Wallace?

  • But seriously I would like Amare or Dampier if to were all possible. Maybe Prince or Maxiell since the Pistons would likely be rebuilding and Maxiell could be a good player off the bench. I would trade Delonte AND williams for Rondo after watching him in the playoffs this year!! 🙂

  • AMARE STOUDEMIRE !

    @brownindian said:

    AMARE STOUDEMIRE !

    According to ESPN Amare's contract is not up until 2010 along with Steve Nash and Shaq. Unless I am reading that wrong?

    Amare 2010

  • I believe the Pistons are dumping everyone this season, and had looked to be in the best shape a season before all the big name FA's come out.

    What about Rasheed Wallace?

    @atenears said:

    I believe the Pistons are dumping everyone this season, and had looked to be in the best shape a season before all the big name FA's come out.

    What about Rasheed Wallace?

    Sorry man, but he's on the decline big time. I've had it with slow old non-athletic guys. They are good for the bench, but making $10 mil a year on the bench is not going to cut it.

  • Free Agents this summer (2009)

    Kobe Bryant - early termination option (yeah, moving on...)

    Carlos Boozer - unrestricted

    Shawn Marion - unrestricted

    Steve Nash - team option

    Mehmet Okur - early termination option

    Allen Iverson - unrestricted

    Ron Artest - unrestricted

    Lamar Odom - unrestricted

    Hedo Turkoglu - early termination option

    Andrew Bynum - restricted

    Rasheed Wallace - unrestricted

    Jason Kidd - unrestricted

    Andre Miller - unrestricted

    Rip Hamilton - early termination option

    Mike Bibby - unrestricted

    Jamal Crawford, Chris Wilcox, Eddy Curry, Drew Gooden, Al Harrington, Brandon Bass, Jeff Foster, Trevor Ariza, Stephon Marbury, Grant Hill, Desmond Mason, Chris Mihm, Zaza Pachulia, Kyle Korver (ETO), Marquis Daniels

    We won't have the room to land a big free agent unless Ilgauskas somehow declines his $11M player option, so a few of the lower level guys I'd like are

    Jason Kidd - has the ability to defend bigger wing players, can't imagine he'll command much of a contract, he'll probably sign a short, small deal with a contender.

    Chris Wilcox - great athleticism we need in the frontcourt. Could be great off the bench and should be able to give at least Varejao-numbers off the bench with the added athleticism. And I can't imagine any team giving him more than 4 or 5 million/year

    Rasheed Wallace - there was talk he wanted to play for the Cavs last (this) year, he'd come cheap and even with his numbers declining, he's still a good interior defender and a capable scorer

    Brandon Bass - good 6th man for Dallas, has the size to D up Turkoglu or Lewis, and the inside game on offense to get easy baskets

    Grant Hill - instant offense, should be incredibly cheap, and more reliable than any of the scorers on our bench right now.

    We'll get our big gun in a trade or next offseason (or Ferry is gone)

  • Thanks CIMO for clearing that up. Maybe you could clear up the salary cap thing.

    Isn't Snow's and Wally's contract going to clear up some major room? They combined made 20 mil this year.

    Wait I see, we are 20 mil over the tax cap, getting about 5 points a game and air balls galore from Wally and 0 from Snow. Nice job Ferry!

  • I like Rasheed but there is something about aging veterans that scares me. Also the injury he had has me wondering if it will hamper his production. Rip Hamilton would also be a nice pick up and would add somemore movement to our offense since he like to run all over the floor

  • @shepwrite said:

    The Cavs will have to find a way to bring in a quality inside player who can keep up with Garnett and Howard and score more than Ben or Andy. I'm pretty sure they will, given the ticking clock.

    I know what you mean, but Ferry shouldn't be looking for a guy to match up against Howard. The only matchup that should dictate who we target is all the wing players towering over Mo and Delonte. There's no one in the league you can bring in to try to contain Howard.

    Just for kicks, I looked up how Dwight did against Chris Bosh this year, who's the best case scenario of trade/free agent options.

    April 1 - Howard goes for 30 and 9, while shooting 10/21 FTs

    February 1 - Howard goes for 29 and 14 (Bosh got 11 and 10)

    January 4 - Howard goes for 39 and 8

    November 18 - Bosh gets 40 and 18, Howard "only" 18 and 9

    So even if we hit the jackpot and land Chris Bosh, don't think Dwight's dominance is over. My dream is still anyone of the trio of Bosh/Amare/Dirk, because they'll give us easy buckets no matter who they're up against. But if we just get some more big, athletic rebounders who are good for a few dunks a game, and add a star 6'6 or over shooting guard, it would be just as good in my mind. At the end of the day, we NEED someone who can play big minutes and match up against Turkoglu and/or Lewis.

  • I like Rasheed but there is something about aging veterans that scares me. Also the injury he had has me wondering if it will hamper his production. Rip Hamilton would also be a nice pick up and would add somemore movement to our offense since he like to run all over the floor

    TheJokersWILD said:

    I like Rasheed but there is something about aging veterans that scares me. Also the injury he had has me wondering if it will hamper his production. Rip Hamilton would also be a nice pick up and would add somemore movement to our offense since he like to run all over the floor

    YES, see Ben Wallace and Wally.

  • http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12861

    The Celtics are shopping Allen and Rondo.

    Also, I can't find the article, but I read the possibillity of the Cavs making a move for Joe Johnson.

    A high scoring SG would be awesome!

  • http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12861

    The Celtics are shopping Allen and Rondo.

    Also, I can't find the article, but I read the possibillity of the Cavs making a move for Joe Johnson.

    A high scoring SG would be awesome!

    @dawgpound4life said:

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12861

    The Celtics are shopping Allen and Rondo.Also, I can't find the article, but I read the possibillity of the Cavs making a move for Joe Johnson.

    A high scoring SG would be awesome!

    .

    Did anyone see what Rondo did this post-season? Dude was a beast! He did a hell of alot more than Mo did. I'd like to get Rondo at PG and move Mo to SG. Rondo already has a ring, is talented and young also a great defender. GO FOR RONDO!!!!Maybe make a run for Dirk or Odom.