Combine
-
allen CLEAR winner today and stock will rise. rosen looked like garbage. darnold not throwing. lamar too inconsistent. and a plain Shmuck you to mayfield.
for those who can't see that then they are B-L-I-N-D, but there's a lot of that going around these days. yep people can catch the ignorant pooper disease from a sneeze now.
-
I reached out for a NFL scout's opinion of how the top QBs performed today. Here is how he ranked the Combine workouts: 1) Mayfield "accurate and quick" 2) Allen "some consistency" t-3) Rosen and Jackson "underwhelming" Just one opinion, but interesting nonetheless...
-
I reached out for a NFL scout's opinion of how the top QBs performed today. Here is how he ranked the Combine workouts: 1) Mayfield "accurate and quick" 2) Allen "some consistency" t-3) Rosen and Jackson "underwhelming" Just one opinion, but interesting nonetheless...
I reached out for a NFL scout's opinion of how the top QBs performed today. Here is how he ranked the Combine workouts: 1) Mayfield "accurate and quick" 2) Allen "some consistency" t-3) Rosen and Jackson "underwhelming" Just one opinion, but interesting nonetheless...
If you can guarantee me Mayfield (or Darnold) will be there at #4, I can live with Barkley at #1.
-
I reached out for a NFL scout's opinion of how the top QBs performed today. Here is how he ranked the Combine workouts: 1) Mayfield "accurate and quick" 2) Allen "some consistency" t-3) Rosen and Jackson "underwhelming" Just one opinion, but interesting nonetheless...
If you can guarantee me Mayfield (or Darnold) will be there at #4, I can live with Barkley at #1.
-
do you really take a chance on the QB that the team covets being there at 4 just to get a RB ?????? think about it
Not really. None of us have any control over what will happen April 26th. I've said a bunch of times the odds of Saquon being there at #4 are way better than our preferred qb being there.
-
do you really take a chance on the QB that the team covets being there at 4 just to get a RB ?????? think about it
Not really. None of us have any control over what will happen April 26th. I've said a bunch of times the odds of Saquon being there at #4 are way better than our preferred qb being there.
Not really. None of us have any control over what will happen April 26th. I've said a bunch of times the odds of Saquon being there at #4 are way better than our preferred qb being there.
ah that's good you had me worried and that being said after we draft Darnold at #1 get Fitz at #4 even if barkley is there
-
Not really. None of us have any control over what will happen April 26th. I've said a bunch of times the odds of Saquon being there at #4 are way better than our preferred qb being there.
ah that's good you had me worried and that being said after we draft Darnold at #1 get Fitz at #4 even if barkley is there
-
-
Here is yet ANOTHER thing that will make me laugh, when somebodies pick does well at the combine, the ones for him will say "see I told you" and the ones against will say "it was just the combine, underwear olympics" and when THEIR guy doesn't do as well, it will be "Well it's just a workout, watch the TAPE or his highlights"
People will use anything for or against THEIR opinion, whether for or against. It ALL matters, and still not a guarantee.
Josh Allen had a good combine, while Rosen didn't. What happened today didn't make either one a better or worse player than what they were before. It may have changed their "stock", but they aren't a better or worse player than they were 24 hours ago.
-
Here is yet ANOTHER thing that will make me laugh, when somebodies pick does well at the combine, the ones for him will say "see I told you" and the ones against will say "it was just the combine, underwear olympics" and when THEIR guy doesn't do as well, it will be "Well it's just a workout, watch the TAPE or his highlights"
People will use anything for or against THEIR opinion, whether for or against. It ALL matters, and still not a guarantee.
Josh Allen had a good combine, while Rosen didn't. What happened today didn't make either one a better or worse player than what they were before. It may have changed their "stock", but they aren't a better or worse player than they were 24 hours ago.
Here is yet ANOTHER thing that will make me laugh, when somebodies pick does well at the combine, the ones for him will say "see I told you" and the ones against will say "it was just the combine, underwear olympics" and when THEIR guy doesn't do as well, it will be "Well it's just a workout, watch the TAPE or his highlights"
People will use anything for or against THEIR opinion, whether for or against. It ALL matters, and still not a guarantee.
Josh Allen had a good combine, while Rosen didn't. What happened today didn't make either one a better or worse player than what they were before. It may have changed their "stock", but they aren't a better or worse player than they were 24 hours ago.
Very true. The entire body of work still matters more than one single performance. I still thought Rosen threw the most consistent deep balls. He hit 3 beautiful ones in a row, right in stride. Judging from the game film, he throws guys open, where Allen and Mayfield tend to rifle it to open guys. I'll take the former any day. Really wish Darnold would've thrown, just to see him directly next to his peers.
Also- Rosen demonstrated he's highly underrated as an athlete. His 40, vertical, and broad jump were extremely solid.
-
didn't know D. J. Chark was that fast.
LSU WR DJ Chark dominates in Senior Bowl, named game’s co-MVP
If you’ve ever wondered what LSU wide receiver DJ Chark would look like with a stronger quarterback, the answer is pretty darn good.Chark caught 5 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown in the Senior Bowl on Saturday, earning co-MVP honors as the South team won 45-16. A speedy deep-ball threat, Chark caught a 75-yard touchdown from Richmond quarterback Kyle Lauletta and another 63-yard pass from Western Kentucky quarterback Mike White.
-
Here is yet ANOTHER thing that will make me laugh, when somebodies pick does well at the combine, the ones for him will say "see I told you" and the ones against will say "it was just the combine, underwear olympics" and when THEIR guy doesn't do as well, it will be "Well it's just a workout, watch the TAPE or his highlights"
People will use anything for or against THEIR opinion, whether for or against. It ALL matters, and still not a guarantee.
Josh Allen had a good combine, while Rosen didn't. What happened today didn't make either one a better or worse player than what they were before. It may have changed their "stock", but they aren't a better or worse player than they were 24 hours ago.
Very true. The entire body of work still matters more than one single performance. I still thought Rosen threw the most consistent deep balls. He hit 3 beautiful ones in a row, right in stride. Judging from the game film, he throws guys open, where Allen and Mayfield tend to rifle it to open guys. I'll take the former any day. Really wish Darnold would've thrown, just to see him directly next to his peers.
Also- Rosen demonstrated he's highly underrated as an athlete. His 40, vertical, and broad jump were extremely solid.
Very true. The entire body of work still matters more than one single performance. I still thought Rosen threw the most consistent deep balls. He hit 3 beautiful ones in a row, right in stride. Judging from the game film, he throws guys open, where Allen and Mayfield tend to rifle it to open guys. I'll take the former any day. Really wish Darnold would've thrown, just to see him directly next to his peers.
Also- Rosen demonstrated he's highly underrated as an athlete. His 40, vertical, and broad jump were extremely solid.
I didn't really watch the combine, just going off the comments. Still doesn't change the player from yesterdsy
-
Very true. The entire body of work still matters more than one single performance. I still thought Rosen threw the most consistent deep balls. He hit 3 beautiful ones in a row, right in stride. Judging from the game film, he throws guys open, where Allen and Mayfield tend to rifle it to open guys. I'll take the former any day. Really wish Darnold would've thrown, just to see him directly next to his peers.
Also- Rosen demonstrated he's highly underrated as an athlete. His 40, vertical, and broad jump were extremely solid.
I didn't really watch the combine, just going off the comments. Still doesn't change the player from yesterdsy
I didn't really watch the combine, just going off the comments. Still doesn't change the player from yesterdsy
If Terrell Davis was seen only for his yesterday - he would have never had the chance to be the HOF player he became. While the combine might not be a tell all per say - it can help a WR like Chark who didn't have an up to snuff QB at LSU.
The combines can show a body catcher vrs a hands catcher.
The combines can also show maybe JJ Watt isn't just limited to a 3-4 defense after all - especially considering Wade Phillips decided to use a 4-3 in 88% of his reps the first 2-3 years he played. Red hair and freckles was supposed to = no fast twitchies before the combines. The vertical, long jump and forty revealed otherwise.
NFL teams have to do their homework which includes includes breaking down film plus whatever fitness tests, medical evals and combine interviews compels them to do.
And in Rosen's case, it was a nice opportunity for him to show teams what he is capable of as well as clarifying some things that might have been taken out of context about him. Using stuff he said at 17 years of age against him when he didn't know if he was better at tennis or football to tell everyone he doesn't like football - needed updating. The only thing I would worry about with him is his concussion volume heading into the NFL.
-
I reached out for a NFL scout's opinion of how the top QBs performed today. Here is how he ranked the Combine workouts: 1) Mayfield "accurate and quick" 2) Allen "some consistency" t-3) Rosen and Jackson "underwhelming" Just one opinion, but interesting nonetheless...
If you can guarantee me Mayfield (or Darnold) will be there at #4, I can live with Barkley at #1.
If you can guarantee me Mayfield (or Darnold) will be there at #4, I can live with Barkley at #1.
That's the problem. There ARE no guarantees in waiting & I say take no chances. IF you really want a particular QB...Get him at #1!!......THAT'S a guarantee!!!!!
There will still be one hell of a player at 4. Think about it...IF we get Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen at #1....then left at #4 are the other 3 top QBs , then Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, McGlinchey & more. That means AT LEAST 2 of those last 4 I mentioned will still be there at #4 & that's if NOBODY takes a QB at #2 or #3. IF a team selects ONE QB at either 2 or 3, we are then GUARANTEED that EITHER Chubb or Barkley are there at #4. That's a lot of quality & I'll take those odds.
Mike
-
Very true. The entire body of work still matters more than one single performance. I still thought Rosen threw the most consistent deep balls. He hit 3 beautiful ones in a row, right in stride. Judging from the game film, he throws guys open, where Allen and Mayfield tend to rifle it to open guys. I'll take the former any day. Really wish Darnold would've thrown, just to see him directly next to his peers.
Also- Rosen demonstrated he's highly underrated as an athlete. His 40, vertical, and broad jump were extremely solid.
I didn't really watch the combine, just going off the comments. Still doesn't change the player from yesterdsy
Still doesn't change the player from yesterday
I agree and listening to the GB GM who said the combine is to get in depth medicals and to validate what they already know on tapes while using the interview process to rule in or out some players. I already know from having watched Kirk for 3 years that he has exactly what you want in a slot receiver-- hands, speed and quickness. The added plus is his numerous punt returns for TDs and very decent KO returns. He's an "in space" kind of player and the Browns really need that kind of player to help the outside WRs be better weapons and assist the QB in getting rid of the ball quickly to someone who can snag it and get the 1st downs. He's a Brady kind of guy type receiver. Combine just reinforced that and he is a quality kid from a quality family and that will show in the interviews. I hope he is there in the 2nd, but after the combine I doubt it. I've read the Eagles have interviewed him and want him @ #32. GMs will figure out what not having a true passer meant for this year's stats for him.
-
I didn't really watch the combine, just going off the comments. Still doesn't change the player from yesterdsy
If Terrell Davis was seen only for his yesterday - he would have never had the chance to be the HOF player he became. While the combine might not be a tell all per say - it can help a WR like Chark who didn't have an up to snuff QB at LSU.
The combines can show a body catcher vrs a hands catcher.
The combines can also show maybe JJ Watt isn't just limited to a 3-4 defense after all - especially considering Wade Phillips decided to use a 4-3 in 88% of his reps the first 2-3 years he played. Red hair and freckles was supposed to = no fast twitchies before the combines. The vertical, long jump and forty revealed otherwise.
NFL teams have to do their homework which includes includes breaking down film plus whatever fitness tests, medical evals and combine interviews compels them to do.
And in Rosen's case, it was a nice opportunity for him to show teams what he is capable of as well as clarifying some things that might have been taken out of context about him. Using stuff he said at 17 years of age against him when he didn't know if he was better at tennis or football to tell everyone he doesn't like football - needed updating. The only thing I would worry about with him is his concussion volume heading into the NFL.
If Terrell Davis was seen only for his yesterday - he would have never had the chance to be the HOF player he became. While the combine might not be a tell all per say - it can help a WR like Chark who didn't have an up to snuff QB at LSU.
The combines can show a body catcher vrs a hands catcher.
The combines can also show maybe JJ Watt isn't just limited to a 3-4 defense after all - especially considering Wade Phillips decided to use a 4-3 in 88% of his reps the first 2-3 years he played. Red hair and freckles was supposed to = no fast twitchies before the combines. The vertical, long jump and forty revealed otherwise.
NFL teams have to do their homework which includes includes breaking down film plus whatever fitness tests, medical evals and combine interviews compels them to do.
And in Rosen's case, it was a nice opportunity for him to show teams what he is capable of as well as clarifying some things that might have been taken out of context about him. Using stuff he said at 17 years of age against him when he didn't know if he was better at tennis or football to tell everyone he doesn't like football - needed updating. The only thing I would worry about with him is his concussion volume heading into the NFL.
I think you missed the point. I didn't say it doesn't help or hurt, but it's just a part of it. I Even said it may change a players stock. It's just funny how if someone is for/against someone, they will either elevate the combine or dismiss it all together. Just so they can continue the "I'm right" thing
-
Here is yet ANOTHER thing that will make me laugh, when somebodies pick does well at the combine, the ones for him will say "see I told you" and the ones against will say "it was just the combine, underwear olympics" and when THEIR guy doesn't do as well, it will be "Well it's just a workout, watch the TAPE or his highlights"
People will use anything for or against THEIR opinion, whether for or against. It ALL matters, and still not a guarantee.
Josh Allen had a good combine, while Rosen didn't. What happened today didn't make either one a better or worse player than what they were before. It may have changed their "stock", but they aren't a better or worse player than they were 24 hours ago.
Here is yet ANOTHER thing that will make me laugh, when somebodies pick does well at the combine, the ones for him will say "see I told you" and the ones against will say "it was just the combine, underwear olympics" and when THEIR guy doesn't do as well, it will be "Well it's just a workout, watch the TAPE or his highlights"
People will use anything for or against THEIR opinion, whether for or against. It ALL matters, and still not a guarantee.
Josh Allen had a good combine, while Rosen didn't. What happened today didn't make either one a better or worse player than what they were before. It may have changed their "stock", but they aren't a better or worse player than they were 24 hours ago.
The only player in my mind who saw his stock drop like a rock at the combine was Orlando Brown. Just terrible at everything. If that 40 and 10 yard split mean anything, he'll get eaten alive by speed edge rushers at the next level.
-
If Terrell Davis was seen only for his yesterday - he would have never had the chance to be the HOF player he became. While the combine might not be a tell all per say - it can help a WR like Chark who didn't have an up to snuff QB at LSU.
The combines can show a body catcher vrs a hands catcher.
The combines can also show maybe JJ Watt isn't just limited to a 3-4 defense after all - especially considering Wade Phillips decided to use a 4-3 in 88% of his reps the first 2-3 years he played. Red hair and freckles was supposed to = no fast twitchies before the combines. The vertical, long jump and forty revealed otherwise.
NFL teams have to do their homework which includes includes breaking down film plus whatever fitness tests, medical evals and combine interviews compels them to do.
And in Rosen's case, it was a nice opportunity for him to show teams what he is capable of as well as clarifying some things that might have been taken out of context about him. Using stuff he said at 17 years of age against him when he didn't know if he was better at tennis or football to tell everyone he doesn't like football - needed updating. The only thing I would worry about with him is his concussion volume heading into the NFL.
I think you missed the point. I didn't say it doesn't help or hurt, but it's just a part of it. I Even said it may change a players stock. It's just funny how if someone is for/against someone, they will either elevate the combine or dismiss it all together. Just so they can continue the "I'm right" thing
It's just funny how if someone is for/against someone, they will either elevate the combine or dismiss it all together. Just so they can continue the "I'm right" thing
Funny? Maybe, but it does happen a lot in a forum that encourages opinions from passionate fans. Nature of the beast. If you think this is bad - look at politics. One side is always right while the other is only using fake news. Try reasoning with that. We're not quite there with the combines yet so it's still fun.
FWIW, I went into the combines thinking I wasn't impressed with Rosen. The combines opened my eyes to the reality maybe I didn't have all the facts about him. Today, I was impressed with him. The only worry I have about him is the 2 concussions he had. I went into the combines thinking RB is deep and we needed to draft a QB first. BUT there's a bigger picture telling me why should I root for us to kick the BPA off our door step that fate is handing us? The reason I can ask such a thing after the combines is because 1) how much of a difference is there between the top 3 QBs?; 2) Don't we have the most $ to spend on a veteran FA QB to the extent we don't have to race a rookie QB out there before he's ready?; 3) Isn't it conceivable that there will still be an elite QB prospect on our doorstep at #4 overall if the first QB isn't drafted until #2 or #3?; 4) Does a deep draft at RB really offer another RB that is tailor made to play all 3 downs like Barkley? Before the combines I got a kick out of Poe - today I see what he's sayin, why he's sayin it and how he's sayin it. All I gotta do is take inventory of scoring threats to see that Josh Gordon hasn't been one since 2013...
While I can definitely be a stubborn old school goof ball with my opinions - a big reason I enjoy this message board is because of the differences of opinion that are educated and passionate enough to change my mind at times. Second opinions can be very underrated my man.
-
Here is yet ANOTHER thing that will make me laugh, when somebodies pick does well at the combine, the ones for him will say "see I told you" and the ones against will say "it was just the combine, underwear olympics" and when THEIR guy doesn't do as well, it will be "Well it's just a workout, watch the TAPE or his highlights"
People will use anything for or against THEIR opinion, whether for or against. It ALL matters, and still not a guarantee.
Josh Allen had a good combine, while Rosen didn't. What happened today didn't make either one a better or worse player than what they were before. It may have changed their "stock", but they aren't a better or worse player than they were 24 hours ago.
The only player in my mind who saw his stock drop like a rock at the combine was Orlando Brown. Just terrible at everything. If that 40 and 10 yard split mean anything, he'll get eaten alive by speed edge rushers at the next level.
The only player in my mind who saw his stock drop like a rock at the combine was Orlando Brown. Just terrible at everything. If that 40 and 10 yard split mean anything, he'll get eaten alive by speed edge rushers at the next level.
He will be another Cam Erving grabbing at people as they go by and not having the arm strength to stone them upright if they bull rush him. Pancake city..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
..Hope things are going well for ya..Go Browns!!