Trading The Number 1 Pick ?
-
-
Latest rumurs say Cards sending Honey Badger their 1 this year and next years 2 for our 4
-
Latest rumurs say Cards sending Honey Badger their 1 this year and next years 2 for our 4
-
Denver would only trade up with Cleveland if they thought Cleveland was going to land Cousins, no?
-
Latest rumurs say Cards sending Honey Badger their 1 this year and next years 2 for our 4
-
Latest rumurs say Cards sending Honey Badger their 1 this year and next years 2 for our 4
-
It's way early in the discussion, the quarterbacks haven even thrown at the combine until later today. Unless Elway who scouted Allen and Mayfield at the Senior Bowl sees either as worthy to sell the ranch for. At best that leaves us with the #4 and #5 this year. Hell they don't get Cousins, I want two #1s and Von Miller. Still interested John Boy?
Or as Orion said- screw it- we're taking the guy we want for a change. No more trade downs. Franchise Qbs are so valuable, we'd probably get shot down if we offered the Eagles the #1 and #4 for Wentz.
-
I think it is interesting having this kind of conversations because say Giants and Broncos prefer the same guy (let's say Rosen) while our staff prefers, say Darnold.
In the end, when it's about top picks it's hard to completely hide your cards, so Browns negotiating with the Broncos would scare the sh!t out of NY and then they decide to trade up from #2 to #1 just to assure they take Rosen.
We still get the top QB in our list and get some more revenue.
Even if I don't like the idea of taking any risks trading down, I think these negotiations are necessary so we have a wider set of options and control the draft market.
-
Here's what I've said all along about what Dorsey is going to do: Having the 1 and 4 in the first round, AND three second rounders is simply too much draft capital for a GM to have, and there's just NO WAY he can help himself. Dorsey is going to prove he's the smartest person in the room, that he can get more picks AND his top rated players, and that he can do what no other Browns GM could do, and that's find the right QB even while trading down. I can just feel it. Dorsey won't be able to help it. Here's the thing....when you have the 1 and 4, you DON'T HAVE TO TRADE DOWN. You can literally take your favorite QB, and then still take your next favorite pick at 4 because qb's are very likely to be taken 2 and 3. Even if Barkley or that Guard are taken, that's fine because Dorsey doesn't take RBs in the first round, and Guard is the one position we actually don't need. So guess what? The guy we want to be available at 4, is probably going to BE THERE! So why even THINK about trading down? Because it's worked so well in the past?
I realize I sound ridiculous and I'm paranoid because of what's happened to us in the past. But I just can't stomach seeing another Julio Jones, Carson Wentz, or whoever else going on to have some terrific career, while we have to suffer through miserable seasons and watching the guys we traded down for turn into complete bozos that contribute nothing. Remember the 2014 draft? Yeah, THAT one. No, not because we drafted Manziel, but because we traded down and picked Justin Gilbert. Oh yeah...Justin freaking Gilbert. The guy that we did basically ZERO background on. The guy our scouts said they didn't want. The guy who was a complete asshat. Who didn't we draft? Khalil Mack. Yes, the guy I wanted. We fans have suffered too much because of the ARROGANCE of these freaking GMs who just HAVE to prove how smart they are. Draft the best player available at the biggest position of need and let the chips fall where they may.
-
Jiggins-may as well throw in "hands" Coleman in there as another dumbass trade down move.
-
Here's what I've said all along about what Dorsey is going to do: Having the 1 and 4 in the first round, AND three second rounders is simply too much draft capital for a GM to have, and there's just NO WAY he can help himself. Dorsey is going to prove he's the smartest person in the room, that he can get more picks AND his top rated players, and that he can do what no other Browns GM could do, and that's find the right QB even while trading down. I can just feel it. Dorsey won't be able to help it. Here's the thing....when you have the 1 and 4, you DON'T HAVE TO TRADE DOWN. You can literally take your favorite QB, and then still take your next favorite pick at 4 because qb's are very likely to be taken 2 and 3. Even if Barkley or that Guard are taken, that's fine because Dorsey doesn't take RBs in the first round, and Guard is the one position we actually don't need. So guess what? The guy we want to be available at 4, is probably going to BE THERE! So why even THINK about trading down? Because it's worked so well in the past?
I realize I sound ridiculous and I'm paranoid because of what's happened to us in the past. But I just can't stomach seeing another Julio Jones, Carson Wentz, or whoever else going on to have some terrific career, while we have to suffer through miserable seasons and watching the guys we traded down for turn into complete bozos that contribute nothing. Remember the 2014 draft? Yeah, THAT one. No, not because we drafted Manziel, but because we traded down and picked Justin Gilbert. Oh yeah...Justin freaking Gilbert. The guy that we did basically ZERO background on. The guy our scouts said they didn't want. The guy who was a complete asshat. Who didn't we draft? Khalil Mack. Yes, the guy I wanted. We fans have suffered too much because of the ARROGANCE of these freaking GMs who just HAVE to prove how smart they are. Draft the best player available at the biggest position of need and let the chips fall where they may.
Here's what I've said all along about what Dorsey is going to do: Having the 1 and 4 in the first round, AND three second rounders is simply too much draft capital for a GM to have, and there's just NO WAY he can help himself. Dorsey is going to prove he's the smartest person in the room, that he can get more picks AND his top rated players, and that he can do what no other Browns GM could do, and that's find the right QB even while trading down. I can just feel it. Dorsey won't be able to help it. Here's the thing....when you have the 1 and 4, you DON'T HAVE TO TRADE DOWN. You can literally take your favorite QB, and then still take your next favorite pick at 4 because qb's are very likely to be taken 2 and 3. Even if Barkley or that Guard are taken, that's fine because Dorsey doesn't take RBs in the first round, and Guard is the one position we actually don't need. So guess what? The guy we want to be available at 4, is probably going to BE THERE! So why even THINK about trading down? Because it's worked so well in the past?
I realize I sound ridiculous and I'm paranoid because of what's happened to us in the past. But I just can't stomach seeing another Julio Jones, Carson Wentz, or whoever else going on to have some terrific career, while we have to suffer through miserable seasons and watching the guys we traded down for turn into complete bozos that contribute nothing. Remember the 2014 draft? Yeah, THAT one. No, not because we drafted Manziel, but because we traded down and picked Justin Gilbert. Oh yeah...Justin freaking Gilbert. The guy that we did basically ZERO background on. The guy our scouts said they didn't want. The guy who was a complete asshat. Who didn't we draft? Khalil Mack. Yes, the guy I wanted. We fans have suffered too much because of the ARROGANCE of these freaking GMs who just HAVE to prove how smart they are. Draft the best player available at the biggest position of need and let the chips fall where they may.
I ONLY trade a Browns 2nd for a 2019 1st round pick.
-
Here's what I've said all along about what Dorsey is going to do: Having the 1 and 4 in the first round, AND three second rounders is simply too much draft capital for a GM to have, and there's just NO WAY he can help himself. Dorsey is going to prove he's the smartest person in the room, that he can get more picks AND his top rated players, and that he can do what no other Browns GM could do, and that's find the right QB even while trading down. I can just feel it. Dorsey won't be able to help it. Here's the thing....when you have the 1 and 4, you DON'T HAVE TO TRADE DOWN. You can literally take your favorite QB, and then still take your next favorite pick at 4 because qb's are very likely to be taken 2 and 3. Even if Barkley or that Guard are taken, that's fine because Dorsey doesn't take RBs in the first round, and Guard is the one position we actually don't need. So guess what? The guy we want to be available at 4, is probably going to BE THERE! So why even THINK about trading down? Because it's worked so well in the past?
I realize I sound ridiculous and I'm paranoid because of what's happened to us in the past. But I just can't stomach seeing another Julio Jones, Carson Wentz, or whoever else going on to have some terrific career, while we have to suffer through miserable seasons and watching the guys we traded down for turn into complete bozos that contribute nothing. Remember the 2014 draft? Yeah, THAT one. No, not because we drafted Manziel, but because we traded down and picked Justin Gilbert. Oh yeah...Justin freaking Gilbert. The guy that we did basically ZERO background on. The guy our scouts said they didn't want. The guy who was a complete asshat. Who didn't we draft? Khalil Mack. Yes, the guy I wanted. We fans have suffered too much because of the ARROGANCE of these freaking GMs who just HAVE to prove how smart they are. Draft the best player available at the biggest position of need and let the chips fall where they may.
Here's what I've said all along about what Dorsey is going to do: Having the 1 and 4 in the first round, AND three second rounders is simply too much draft capital for a GM to have, and there's just NO WAY he can help himself. Dorsey is going to prove he's the smartest person in the room, that he can get more picks AND his top rated players, and that he can do what no other Browns GM could do, and that's find the right QB even while trading down.
No.
No, no, no. No more trying to prove we're smarter than everyone else.
We have the chance to pick TWO blue chip players! TWO!! Not one...but TWO of the 4 best players in the entire draft.
It's time to cash in the chips. Quit rolling the friggin' dice! We've been like sick gamblers that can't stop getting beat.
-
it isn't that they traded down, it's that they judged talent stupidly.
Nobody would think that gilbert and coleman LOVED the game, had a great work ethic, etc.
They drafted Corey Coleman in the first round, instead of big Michael Thomas out of Ohio State.
How freaking stupid was that? Michael Thomas went midrange in the second round? went to the pro bowl?
Canton Mike and I talked about him all the time. Dorsey and co. will NOT make those stupid appraisals. They will
be drafting ***football players***.
-
Here's what I've said all along about what Dorsey is going to do: Having the 1 and 4 in the first round, AND three second rounders is simply too much draft capital for a GM to have, and there's just NO WAY he can help himself. Dorsey is going to prove he's the smartest person in the room, that he can get more picks AND his top rated players, and that he can do what no other Browns GM could do, and that's find the right QB even while trading down. I can just feel it. Dorsey won't be able to help it. Here's the thing....when you have the 1 and 4, you DON'T HAVE TO TRADE DOWN. You can literally take your favorite QB, and then still take your next favorite pick at 4 because qb's are very likely to be taken 2 and 3. Even if Barkley or that Guard are taken, that's fine because Dorsey doesn't take RBs in the first round, and Guard is the one position we actually don't need. So guess what? The guy we want to be available at 4, is probably going to BE THERE! So why even THINK about trading down? Because it's worked so well in the past?
I realize I sound ridiculous and I'm paranoid because of what's happened to us in the past. But I just can't stomach seeing another Julio Jones, Carson Wentz, or whoever else going on to have some terrific career, while we have to suffer through miserable seasons and watching the guys we traded down for turn into complete bozos that contribute nothing. Remember the 2014 draft? Yeah, THAT one. No, not because we drafted Manziel, but because we traded down and picked Justin Gilbert. Oh yeah...Justin freaking Gilbert. The guy that we did basically ZERO background on. The guy our scouts said they didn't want. The guy who was a complete asshat. Who didn't we draft? Khalil Mack. Yes, the guy I wanted. We fans have suffered too much because of the ARROGANCE of these freaking GMs who just HAVE to prove how smart they are. Draft the best player available at the biggest position of need and let the chips fall where they may.
Here's what I've said all along about what Dorsey is going to do: Having the 1 and 4 in the first round, AND three second rounders is simply too much draft capital for a GM to have, and there's just NO WAY he can help himself. Dorsey is going to prove he's the smartest person in the room, that he can get more picks AND his top rated players, and that he can do what no other Browns GM could do, and that's find the right QB even while trading down. I can just feel it. Dorsey won't be able to help it. Here's the thing....when you have the 1 and 4, you DON'T HAVE TO TRADE DOWN. You can literally take your favorite QB, and then still take your next favorite pick at 4 because qb's are very likely to be taken 2 and 3. Even if Barkley or that Guard are taken, that's fine because Dorsey doesn't take RBs in the first round, and Guard is the one position we actually don't need. So guess what? The guy we want to be available at 4, is probably going to BE THERE! So why even THINK about trading down? Because it's worked so well in the past?
I realize I sound ridiculous and I'm paranoid because of what's happened to us in the past. But I just can't stomach seeing another Julio Jones, Carson Wentz, or whoever else going on to have some terrific career, while we have to suffer through miserable seasons and watching the guys we traded down for turn into complete bozos that contribute nothing. Remember the 2014 draft? Yeah, THAT one. No, not because we drafted Manziel, but because we traded down and picked Justin Gilbert. Oh yeah...Justin freaking Gilbert. The guy that we did basically ZERO background on. The guy our scouts said they didn't want. The guy who was a complete asshat. Who didn't we draft? Khalil Mack. Yes, the guy I wanted. We fans have suffered too much because of the ARROGANCE of these freaking GMs who just HAVE to prove how smart they are. Draft the best player available at the biggest position of need and let the chips fall where they may.
^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!
Of course, I'll support whatever Dorsey & staff do, but I am 100% on board with jiggins in keeping the #1 & #4 picks. Trading back up with later picks would, IMHO, just sweeten the pot.
GO BROWNS!!!
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login