Barkley at #1?
-
-
True, and you have a point, but for Allen (And not taking up for him) he did have inferior team to bigger schools. Barkley was on a top 10 team.
That's what makes my case for a guy like Penny from SDSU...ran for 216 against Arizona State and 175 against Stanford, with an inferior team at San Diego State around him against those big schools.
And not to keep up on Allen...but his numbers were atrocious against the big schools they played, even worse than those two examples I used for Barkley.
-
That is fine Po. I'm not against you or Barkley, you are just way overhyping him. And while you say I originally said X, later on you said sub 4.3, which would invalidate the high 4.2-high 4.3.
I'm just saying, when saying these things you said to trust you, well he under performed YOUR sky high expectations, so should we then conclude he will under perform?
That is fine Po. I'm not against you or Barkley, you are just way overhyping him. And while you say I originally said X, later on you said sub 4.3, which would invalidate the high 4.2-high 4.3.
I'm just saying, when saying these things you said to trust you, well he under performed YOUR sky high expectations, so should we then conclude he will under perform?
I'm not against you either but you seem to be nit picking a little here.
I said a couple things that maybe were a little exaggerated but nothing that didn't prove to be somewhat accurate.
He absolutely blew away the combine. Those are EVERYONES words, from coaches and scouts to analysts and fans.
Regardless of whether he ran late 4.28 or 4.4 it's still extremely fast for a guy his size. He was if I'm remembering correctly the second fastest RB and faster than most of the WRs.
-
Okay, guys. What do those numbers mean anyways? Carries, yards, touchdowns or what? What was his catches? Total yards? I know he had at least 100 yards in kick return that game against OSU and a TD there. That might not be running but it's still making an impact. Don't stare at the numbers, go watch the tape.
Okay, guys. What do those numbers mean anyways? Carries, yards, touchdowns or what? What was his catches? Total yards? I know he had at least 100 yards in kick return that game against OSU and a TD there. That might not be running but it's still making an impact. Don't stare at the numbers, go watch the tape.
I have watched the tape. And yes they were carries, yards, and TDs. Nobody is denying the kid has ability or wouldn't make an impact, but not like you talk. There is no way to look at stats and say he was anything but inconsistent.
If you wouldn't go OVER the top with all your Barkley love, we wouldn't be on like the 18th thread about him.
-
True, and you have a point, but for Allen (And not taking up for him) he did have inferior team to bigger schools. Barkley was on a top 10 team.
That's what makes my case for a guy like Penny from SDSU...ran for 216 against Arizona State and 175 against Stanford, with an inferior team at San Diego State around him against those big schools.
And not to keep up on Allen...but his numbers were atrocious against the big schools they played, even worse than those two examples I used for Barkley.
That's what makes my case for a guy like Penny from SDSU...ran for 216 against Arizona State and 175 against Stanford, with an inferior team at San Diego State around him against those big schools.
And not to keep up on Allen...but his numbers were atrocious against the big schools they played, even worse than those two examples I used for Barkley.
Right, and I am not on Allen train, but he was on Wyoming playing those teams, Barkley on Penn State. BIG DIFFERENCE
-
I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success.
He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31.
Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.
He's not a running back. He's the hero.
-
That is fine Po. I'm not against you or Barkley, you are just way overhyping him. And while you say I originally said X, later on you said sub 4.3, which would invalidate the high 4.2-high 4.3.
I'm just saying, when saying these things you said to trust you, well he under performed YOUR sky high expectations, so should we then conclude he will under perform?
I'm not against you either but you seem to be nit picking a little here.
I said a couple things that maybe were a little exaggerated but nothing that didn't prove to be somewhat accurate.
He absolutely blew away the combine. Those are EVERYONES words, from coaches and scouts to analysts and fans.
Regardless of whether he ran late 4.28 or 4.4 it's still extremely fast for a guy his size. He was if I'm remembering correctly the second fastest RB and faster than most of the WRs.
I'm not against you either but you seem to be nit picking a little here.
I said a couple things that maybe were a little exaggerated but nothing that didn't prove to be somewhat accurate.
He absolutely blew away the combine. Those are EVERYONES words, from coaches and scouts to analysts and fans.
Regardless of whether he ran late 4.28 or 4.4 it's still extremely fast for a guy his size. He was if I'm remembering correctly the second fastest RB and faster than most of the WRs.
Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard
-
That's what makes my case for a guy like Penny from SDSU...ran for 216 against Arizona State and 175 against Stanford, with an inferior team at San Diego State around him against those big schools.
And not to keep up on Allen...but his numbers were atrocious against the big schools they played, even worse than those two examples I used for Barkley.
Right, and I am not on Allen train, but he was on Wyoming playing those teams, Barkley on Penn State. BIG DIFFERENCE
Right, and I am not on Allen train, but he was on Wyoming playing those teams, Barkley on Penn State. BIG DIFFERENCE
Penn State's Offensive line was just that... offensive. They were horrible. Can you name one member of that offensive line that will play in the NFL as a starter?
In the NFL, particularly behind Cleveland's probowl line Barkley will excel to levels that we couldn't dream of in college. All he needs is one step and it's Say-gone.
-
I'm not against you either but you seem to be nit picking a little here.
I said a couple things that maybe were a little exaggerated but nothing that didn't prove to be somewhat accurate.
He absolutely blew away the combine. Those are EVERYONES words, from coaches and scouts to analysts and fans.
Regardless of whether he ran late 4.28 or 4.4 it's still extremely fast for a guy his size. He was if I'm remembering correctly the second fastest RB and faster than most of the WRs.
Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard
Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard
...Hold your arm out in front of you. That's the distance we're talking about bro. Barkley can cover that. You tend to run faster when a dog is chasing you. There's not many players that are going to stop Barkley with one outstretched hand.
-
Right, and I am not on Allen train, but he was on Wyoming playing those teams, Barkley on Penn State. BIG DIFFERENCE
Penn State's Offensive line was just that... offensive. They were horrible. Can you name one member of that offensive line that will play in the NFL as a starter?
In the NFL, particularly behind Cleveland's probowl line Barkley will excel to levels that we couldn't dream of in college. All he needs is one step and it's Say-gone.
Penn State's Offensive line was just that... offensive. They were horrible. Can you name one member of that offensive line that will play in the NFL as a starter?
In the NFL, particularly behind Cleveland's probowl line Barkley will excel to levels that we couldn't dream of in college. All he needs is one step and it's Say-gone.
No friend, it doesn't work that way. I knew at some point someone would bring up their o line.
Well Barkley isn't playing against players from Akron in the NFL, the defenses are full of the best of best from college.
-
Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard
...Hold your arm out in front of you. That's the distance we're talking about bro. Barkley can cover that. You tend to run faster when a dog is chasing you. There's not many players that are going to stop Barkley with one outstretched hand.
...Hold your arm out in front of you. That's the distance we're talking about bro. Barkley can cover that. You tend to run faster when a dog is chasing you. There's not many players that are going to stop Barkley with one outstretched hand.
That wasn't the argument, I'm saying that is a BIG DIFFERENCE in the 40 game. That being how you weren't accurate. That's what they call a step behind
-
Negative Starfighter.
The competition argument is irrelevant. Kamara is playing against better competition. Fournette, Gurley and Elliot are all playing against tougher competition.
Penn State's Offensive line routinely let defensive players into the backfield straight into Barkley's face. There is a difference.
-
...Hold your arm out in front of you. That's the distance we're talking about bro. Barkley can cover that. You tend to run faster when a dog is chasing you. There's not many players that are going to stop Barkley with one outstretched hand.
That wasn't the argument, I'm saying that is a BIG DIFFERENCE in the 40 game. That being how you weren't accurate. That's what they call a step behind
That wasn't the argument, I'm saying that is a BIG DIFFERENCE in the 40 game. That being how you weren't accurate. That's what they call a step behind
Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please.
-
@gunz41 said:
Whether you are in or out on Barkley (doesn't matter to me), I must admit to both sides I have been so wrong on him.
I was told that he would run sub 4.3 in 40. I read where he ran a 4.4 (still very fast), but I failed to realize that the clock was broken when he ran at the combine
I was told he was strongest RB to ever grace the scene, he did 29 reps ( that is GREAT, especially for a RB), but just a couple years ago a back did 32. I just received an update, Saquon did his bench one handed.
I heard a little birdie say he had a good game against Ohio State. He had 21 carries for 44 yards, including a 36 yard TD. I assumed that wasn't a very good average, but then I went back and looked at the tape, and it was rather impressive considering Ohio State played with 15 on the field, and Penn State only had 1 lineman.
It rang in my head like a drum how great of a receiving back he was. He had 102 catches for 1195 yards (11.7 average) and 8 TDs for his career. That shows his ability over someone like Michel who over the same amount of time had 64 catches for 621 yards (9.7 average) and 6 TDs for his career. Then I remembered that Barkley was the feature back, and Michel split time with another high prospect in Nick Chubb, who himself in 3 years (just like Barkley and Michel) had 31 catches for 361 yards (11.6 average) and 4 TDs. So adding up Penn State backfield vs Georgia backfield was 102 catches, 1195 yards and 8 TDs vs 95 catches, 982 yards, and 10 touchdowns. I thought about it though, and figured I would look at the careers in college of the top 3 backs in the league (as they are multi dimensional). Todd Gurley: 65 catches, 615 yards (9.5 average) and 6 TDs, Zeke: 58 catches, 449 yards (7.7 average) and 1 TD, Leveon Bell: 78 catches, 531 yards (6.8 average) and 1 TD. So I assumed just like those top NFL backs that these college guys have the ability to catch, even though they didn't do it as much in college. But then I had to remember that Barkley had McSorley throwing to him, and that hurt him, while these other guys had future HOF as their QBs, because Gurley had Aaron Murray, Zeke had JT Barrett, and Bell had Cousins and Cook.
So you guys, again I was wrong. SUPERMAN BARKLEY is worth 2 1st rounders, he has the best characteristics from Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, and Ladanian Tomlinson rolled all into one. And if the Quarterback the Browns get at #4 doesn't pan out, Todd Haley will just tailor his offense entirely around Barkley. A lot of Wild Dawg Pound. I'll bet Barkley has a better arm than Josh Allen or John Elway, and the brain of Peyton Manning. I am now locking it up, Barkley at #1. He will rush for 2400 yards and 20 TD's and catch 120 balls and 10 TDs. And he will also return 8 kickoffs for TD.
Reposting your same dumb, trying to hard to be funny rant doesn't change the quality amigo.
I don't disagree with you but Barkley is a high level prospect. He's the on the exact same tier of prospect as Zeke, Fournette, etc. It's not insane to consider the Browns drafting the dude, so just relax.
-
My gosh, you just aren't very football smart. IF the Giants draft a QB, they DON'T START HIM DAY 1, THEY GO WITH MANNING UNTIL HE RETIRES.
You know, in 1-2 years see as though he is OLD.
End of lesson today. You obviously are trolling, uneducated, or just have 1 set opinion, and won't change for anything. It is sad any way you look at it.
They have a viable backup / potential starter in Davis Webb. They are probably not going qb at #2
-
At #1 it is.
no it isn't
-
That wasn't the argument, I'm saying that is a BIG DIFFERENCE in the 40 game. That being how you weren't accurate. That's what they call a step behind
Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please.
-
That wasn't the argument, I'm saying that is a BIG DIFFERENCE in the 40 game. That being how you weren't accurate. That's what they call a step behind
Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please.
Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please.
Again buddy, not my point. He is very fast, just not as fast as you said. He was a yard/step behind how fast you said.
That's ALL I was saying.
-
Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please.
Again buddy, not my point. He is very fast, just not as fast as you said. He was a yard/step behind how fast you said.
That's ALL I was saying.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login