Skip to content

Barkley at #1?

Locked The Browns Board
499 53 13.9k 1
  • @gunz41 said:

    Whether you are in or out on Barkley (doesn't matter to me), I must admit to both sides I have been so wrong on him.

    I was told that he would run sub 4.3 in 40. I read where he ran a 4.4 (still very fast), but I failed to realize that the clock was broken when he ran at the combine

    I was told he was strongest RB to ever grace the scene, he did 29 reps ( that is GREAT, especially for a RB), but just a couple years ago a back did 32. I just received an update, Saquon did his bench one handed.

    I heard a little birdie say he had a good game against Ohio State. He had 21 carries for 44 yards, including a 36 yard TD. I assumed that wasn't a very good average, but then I went back and looked at the tape, and it was rather impressive considering Ohio State played with 15 on the field, and Penn State only had 1 lineman.

    It rang in my head like a drum how great of a receiving back he was. He had 102 catches for 1195 yards (11.7 average) and 8 TDs for his career. That shows his ability over someone like Michel who over the same amount of time had 64 catches for 621 yards (9.7 average) and 6 TDs for his career. Then I remembered that Barkley was the feature back, and Michel split time with another high prospect in Nick Chubb, who himself in 3 years (just like Barkley and Michel) had 31 catches for 361 yards (11.6 average) and 4 TDs. So adding up Penn State backfield vs Georgia backfield was 102 catches, 1195 yards and 8 TDs vs 95 catches, 982 yards, and 10 touchdowns. I thought about it though, and figured I would look at the careers in college of the top 3 backs in the league (as they are multi dimensional). Todd Gurley: 65 catches, 615 yards (9.5 average) and 6 TDs, Zeke: 58 catches, 449 yards (7.7 average) and 1 TD, Leveon Bell: 78 catches, 531 yards (6.8 average) and 1 TD. So I assumed just like those top NFL backs that these college guys have the ability to catch, even though they didn't do it as much in college. But then I had to remember that Barkley had McSorley throwing to him, and that hurt him, while these other guys had future HOF as their QBs, because Gurley had Aaron Murray, Zeke had JT Barrett, and Bell had Cousins and Cook.

    So you guys, again I was wrong. SUPERMAN BARKLEY is worth 2 1st rounders, he has the best characteristics from Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, and Ladanian Tomlinson rolled all into one. And if the Quarterback the Browns get at #4 doesn't pan out, Todd Haley will just tailor his offense entirely around Barkley. A lot of Wild Dawg Pound. I'll bet Barkley has a better arm than Josh Allen or John Elway, and the brain of Peyton Manning. I am now locking it up, Barkley at #1. He will rush for 2400 yards and 20 TD's and catch 120 balls and 10 TDs. And he will also return 8 kickoffs for TD.

    Reposting your same dumb, trying to hard to be funny rant doesn't change the quality amigo.

    I don't disagree with you but Barkley is a high level prospect. He's the on the exact same tier of prospect as Zeke, Fournette, etc. It's not insane to consider the Browns drafting the dude, so just relax.

    @jrb12711 said:

     It's not insane to consider the Browns drafting the dude, so just relax.

    At #1 it is. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    My gosh, you just aren't very football smart. IF the Giants draft a QB, they DON'T START HIM DAY 1, THEY GO WITH MANNING UNTIL HE RETIRES. 

    You know, in 1-2 years see as though he is OLD. 

    End of lesson today. You obviously are trolling, uneducated, or just have 1 set opinion, and won't change for anything. It is sad any way you look at it.

    They have a viable backup / potential starter in Davis Webb.  They are probably not going qb at #2

    @sd_tom said:

    They have a viable backup / potential starter in Davis Webb.  They are probably not going qb at #2

    I thought teams were done giving Brandon Weeden a shot at QB...

  • @jrb12711 said:

     It's not insane to consider the Browns drafting the dude, so just relax.

    At #1 it is. 

    @roycerolls said:

    At #1 it is. 

    no it isn't 🙄 

  • @gunz41 said:

    That wasn't the argument, I'm saying that is a BIG DIFFERENCE in the 40 game. That being how you weren't accurate. That's what they call a step behind

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    Shaquem Griffin 6’1” 227, 4.38 40 

  • @gunz41 said:

    That wasn't the argument, I'm saying that is a BIG DIFFERENCE in the 40 game. That being how you weren't accurate. That's what they call a step behind

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    Again buddy, not my point. He is very fast, just not as fast as you said. He was a yard/step behind how fast you said.

    That's ALL I was saying. 

  • @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    Again buddy, not my point. He is very fast, just not as fast as you said. He was a yard/step behind how fast you said.

    That's ALL I was saying. 

    @gunz41 said:

    Again buddy, not my point. He is very fast, just not as fast as you said. He was a yard/step behind how fast you said.

    That's ALL I was saying. 

     I don't know bro, he does have a mean stride... let's call it a "half-step" behind how fast I said he'd be and we can call it even. 😉 

  • Griffin vs Barkley, 1 on 1 with the game on the line? Barkley 10 out of 10 times wins this matchup. I don't care who you are... You aren't tackling Barkley with one hand. 

  • If the Browns happen to take Barkley at 1, Denver is going to call the Giants about going up to 2.  The Jets are going to call about going up to 2.  The Cardinals are going to call about going up to 2.  One of them is getting up there.  Probalby Denver to take Allen.  Then at 3, the Colts, who need to fill a lot of holes, are going to get a call from the Jets about moving up to 3, and the Cardinals are going to call about coming up to 3, and the Bills are going to call about coming up to 3.  The Jets will come up there and Take Mayfield.  Then pick 4 comes to the Browns...and the hope is when you pick at 4, you will be taking the 3rd QB in this draft, and be hoping that whoever is left there is the guy you thought was 1st best.  You take Rosen.  The Giants at 5 now still have their choice of Darnold or Chubb or Minkah.  And the Colts at 6 will still get Chubb or Minkah...or trade down again with Bufalo or Arizona if Darnold is still there.  .....You are really playing with fire if you go RB at 1 IF your QB plans include a guy in this draft class.  

    It may be entirely possible that they've looked at these guys and decided every last one of them isn't a day one starter, isn't a franchise guy and they go sign McCaron and then trade out of one or take Barkely and one of Chubb, Minkah etc.  .....Wich could be a great haul IF your FO is SURE that none of the QB available is your man, and you like McCaron and Kizer.  

    Keep in mind the 2019 QB class from this far out at least...isn't promising.  

    To sum up....if you've identified your man in this crop of QB, you must take him at 1 because there is simply no way to control what happens at 2 and 3 with teams moving up to take 2 off the board ahead of your pick at 4.  If you believe your man is McCaron...then it's wide open.  (wich is freaking crazy.  get the QB while you can)

  • @jrb12711 said:

     Cool, cool. Go ahead and copy and paste this comment again to reallly prove your point too. People love that. 

    Well I did it because it was merged from a thread, and by the time it was done it was on another page. And then put it in what the 18th different thread about Superman. 

    But your right, I'll never do anything to upset you ever again. Dilly Dilly

    @gunz41 said:

    Well I did it because it was merged from a thread, and by the time it was done it was on another page. And then put it in what the 18th different thread about Superman. 

    But your right, I'll never do anything to upset you ever again. Dilly Dilly

    Sure, I mean far be it from me to say reading isn't hard.

    Thanks, we'll let this one slide.

    @roycerolls said:

    At #1 it is. 

    If he did make to #4, I'm all about it. I'd be extremely surprised if he made it that far though. Although not outside the realm of possibility picks 1, 2 and 3 go QB.

  • To the original poster:

    Nope, next question.   🙂

  • If Dorsey’s past history is any indication of who he’s going to take in the first round, it doesn’t look good for the Barkley boys.

    Dorsey has never taken a RB in the 1st round while working as a GM or any FO position in his career.

    @canton-dawg said:

    If Dorsey’s past history is any indication of who he’s going to take in the first round, it doesn’t look good for the Barkley boys.

    Dorsey has never taken a RB in the 1st round while working as a GM or any FO position in his career.

    And he won't this year....so PoG should begin  making Plan B:    What other players schmekel is he going to suckle  knowing that there is a 99% chance that Barkley will not be coming here?  

    So...what is it Po?   Who is your Plan B?

  • I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success. 

    He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31. 

    Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.

    He's not a running back. He's the hero.  

    @poeticg said:

    I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success. 

    He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31. 

    Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.

    He's not a running back. He's the hero.  

    1) It's not imperative we draft Barkley- only in your mind. 2) He's not a hero, and you're way over hyping him. (Just like Kevin Hogan- the reports are it's almost certain he's going to get cut) I'm not married to any particular player yet, but Stop the hero worship for a second Po. Get it into your head from that link Tour posted, there's a fair chance were not drafting Saquon, and certainly not at #1.  

    @gunz41 said:

    Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard

    Gunz, I hope you caught those simul-runs in the "Run Rich Run" fundraiser. It was quite a hoot. Eisen ran a 5.97 in a suit & tie. (He's 49, not bad for an old guy.) They spotted him six yards against some of the DBs, and he got smoked. But the point I wanted to make- and since everyone tweeted they wanted to see it. They put him up against Orlando Brown straight up, he of the 5.87. That tenth is more than three feet. Dang, I thought Eisen could beat him. I'm certain Mayock could.  🙂  

    @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat negated in the pros. As Ag (and others) have pointed out- he's not a Kevin Mack or for that matter a young Adrian Peterson who can routinely bounce off the first tackle, his YAC say so. To my mind, he's a heavier version of Eric Metcalf. You're probably too young to remember the failure that was "Metcalf up the middle", but I haven't forgotten it. Teams have probably already scouted Barkley's propensity to break it outside, and that's the first thing they will try and take away- make him earn his yards inside the tackles- if he can. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Well I did it because it was merged from a thread, and by the time it was done it was on another page. And then put it in what the 18th different thread about Superman. 

    But your right, I'll never do anything to upset you ever again. Dilly Dilly

    Sure, I mean far be it from me to say reading isn't hard.

    Thanks, we'll let this one slide.

    @roycerolls said:

    At #1 it is. 

    If he did make to #4, I'm all about it. I'd be extremely surprised if he made it that far though. Although not outside the realm of possibility picks 1, 2 and 3 go QB.

    @jrb12711 said:

    If he did make to #4, I'm all about it. I'd be extremely surprised if he made it that far though. Although not outside the realm of possibility picks 1, 2 and 3 go QB.

    I’d take Barkley at 33 or 35.  

  • @canton-dawg said:

    If Dorsey’s past history is any indication of who he’s going to take in the first round, it doesn’t look good for the Barkley boys.

    Dorsey has never taken a RB in the 1st round while working as a GM or any FO position in his career.

    And he won't this year....so PoG should begin  making Plan B:    What other players schmekel is he going to suckle  knowing that there is a 99% chance that Barkley will not be coming here?  

    So...what is it Po?   Who is your Plan B?

    @the-gipper said:

    And he won't this year....so PoG should begin  making Plan B:    What other players schmekel is he going to suckle  knowing that there is a 99% chance that Barkley will not be coming here?  

    So...what is it Po?   Who is your Plan B?

    Not who, what? The I-480 bridge? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    And he won't this year....so PoG should begin  making Plan B:    What other players schmekel is he going to suckle  knowing that there is a 99% chance that Barkley will not be coming here?  

    So...what is it Po?   Who is your Plan B?

    Not who, what? The I-480 bridge? 

    @hoorta said:

    Not who, what? The I-480 bridge? 

    Would anyone care?

  • Hogan handing off to Barkley!  Superbowl!

  • Hogan handing off to Barkley!  Superbowl!

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Hogan handing off to Barkley!  Superbowl!

    LOL.. I'll go by what Jim Brown says about Barkley.. He agreed with me and nailed T-rich..

  • so why is barkley working out with manziel

  • @poeticg said:

    I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success. 

    He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31. 

    Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.

    He's not a running back. He's the hero.  

    1) It's not imperative we draft Barkley- only in your mind. 2) He's not a hero, and you're way over hyping him. (Just like Kevin Hogan- the reports are it's almost certain he's going to get cut) I'm not married to any particular player yet, but Stop the hero worship for a second Po. Get it into your head from that link Tour posted, there's a fair chance were not drafting Saquon, and certainly not at #1.  

    @gunz41 said:

    Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard

    Gunz, I hope you caught those simul-runs in the "Run Rich Run" fundraiser. It was quite a hoot. Eisen ran a 5.97 in a suit & tie. (He's 49, not bad for an old guy.) They spotted him six yards against some of the DBs, and he got smoked. But the point I wanted to make- and since everyone tweeted they wanted to see it. They put him up against Orlando Brown straight up, he of the 5.87. That tenth is more than three feet. Dang, I thought Eisen could beat him. I'm certain Mayock could.  🙂  

    @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat negated in the pros. As Ag (and others) have pointed out- he's not a Kevin Mack or for that matter a young Adrian Peterson who can routinely bounce off the first tackle, his YAC say so. To my mind, he's a heavier version of Eric Metcalf. You're probably too young to remember the failure that was "Metcalf up the middle", but I haven't forgotten it. Teams have probably already scouted Barkley's propensity to break it outside, and that's the first thing they will try and take away- make him earn his yards inside the tackles- if he can. 

    @hoorta said:

    A)I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. B)About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat  

    did the math days ago....B)about? correct-e-mundo..7CB's/1LB (shaq)/1 dirty white boy Safety from Penn State..all can hunt down Barkley with better 40 times..Barkley was a 3 way tie for 13th fastest 40 with WR's in fold. A.) RB (6'1")Kalen Ballage(projected 5th/6th Rd.) Only 5lbs. lighter than Barkley(6'0")  than (5'11")Penny (projected 2nd/3rd rd.)13 lbs. lighter were only 6/10ths just behind Bark'poe'g at 4.40  Most like Sony Michel? give me the bigger hammers in Guice Or Nick Chubb. Bama's Bo Scarbrough is 6'1 228lbs. with largest mittens at 10 1/2" hands & build like a truck. But like Penny, is more of a straight high runner that's going to take some whacks

  • @poeticg said:

    I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success. 

    He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31. 

    Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.

    He's not a running back. He's the hero.  

    1) It's not imperative we draft Barkley- only in your mind. 2) He's not a hero, and you're way over hyping him. (Just like Kevin Hogan- the reports are it's almost certain he's going to get cut) I'm not married to any particular player yet, but Stop the hero worship for a second Po. Get it into your head from that link Tour posted, there's a fair chance were not drafting Saquon, and certainly not at #1.  

    @gunz41 said:

    Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard

    Gunz, I hope you caught those simul-runs in the "Run Rich Run" fundraiser. It was quite a hoot. Eisen ran a 5.97 in a suit & tie. (He's 49, not bad for an old guy.) They spotted him six yards against some of the DBs, and he got smoked. But the point I wanted to make- and since everyone tweeted they wanted to see it. They put him up against Orlando Brown straight up, he of the 5.87. That tenth is more than three feet. Dang, I thought Eisen could beat him. I'm certain Mayock could.  🙂  

    @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat negated in the pros. As Ag (and others) have pointed out- he's not a Kevin Mack or for that matter a young Adrian Peterson who can routinely bounce off the first tackle, his YAC say so. To my mind, he's a heavier version of Eric Metcalf. You're probably too young to remember the failure that was "Metcalf up the middle", but I haven't forgotten it. Teams have probably already scouted Barkley's propensity to break it outside, and that's the first thing they will try and take away- make him earn his yards inside the tackles- if he can. 

    @hoorta said:

    1) It's not imperative we draft Barkley- only in your mind. 2) He's not a hero, and you're way over hyping him. (Just like Kevin Hogan- the reports are it's almost certain he's going to get cut) I'm not married to any particular player yet, but Stop the hero worship for a second Po. Get it into your head from that link Tour posted, there's a fair chance were not drafting Saquon, and certainly not at #1.  

    Gunz, I hope you caught those simul-runs in the "Run Rich Run" fundraiser. It was quite a hoot. Eisen ran a 5.97 in a suit & tie. (He's 49, not bad for an old guy.) They spotted him six yards against some of the DBs, and he got smoked. But the point I wanted to make- and since everyone tweeted they wanted to see it. They put him up against Orlando Brown straight up, he of the 5.87. That tenth is more than three feet. Dang, I thought Eisen could beat him. I'm certain Mayock could.  🙂  

    I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat negated in the pros. As Ag (and others) have pointed out- he's not a Kevin Mack or for that matter a young Adrian Peterson who can routinely bounce off the first tackle, his YAC say so. To my mind, he's a heavier version of Eric Metcalf. You're probably too young to remember the failure that was "Metcalf up the middle", but I haven't forgotten it. Teams have probably already scouted Barkley's propensity to break it outside, and that's the first thing they will try and take away- make him earn his yards inside the tackles- if he can. 

    Well if you are up on your physics, then this is how a chart would go.

    Yards per second:

    .1 of second difference would equal to about 1 yard every 5 seconds.

    Here's a chart for you.

    Yards per second:

    4.0 = 10 
    4.1 = 9.8 
    4.2 = 9.5 
    4.3 = 9.3 
    4.4 = 9.1 
    4.5 = 8.9 
    4.6 = 8.7 
    4.7 = 8.5 
    4.8 = 8.3 
    4.9 = 8.2 
    5 = 8