Skip to content

Barkley at #1?

Locked The Browns Board
499 53 13.9k 1
  • To the original poster:

    Nope, next question.   🙂

  • If Dorsey’s past history is any indication of who he’s going to take in the first round, it doesn’t look good for the Barkley boys.

    Dorsey has never taken a RB in the 1st round while working as a GM or any FO position in his career.

    @canton-dawg said:

    If Dorsey’s past history is any indication of who he’s going to take in the first round, it doesn’t look good for the Barkley boys.

    Dorsey has never taken a RB in the 1st round while working as a GM or any FO position in his career.

    And he won't this year....so PoG should begin  making Plan B:    What other players schmekel is he going to suckle  knowing that there is a 99% chance that Barkley will not be coming here?  

    So...what is it Po?   Who is your Plan B?

  • I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success. 

    He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31. 

    Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.

    He's not a running back. He's the hero.  

    @poeticg said:

    I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success. 

    He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31. 

    Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.

    He's not a running back. He's the hero.  

    1) It's not imperative we draft Barkley- only in your mind. 2) He's not a hero, and you're way over hyping him. (Just like Kevin Hogan- the reports are it's almost certain he's going to get cut) I'm not married to any particular player yet, but Stop the hero worship for a second Po. Get it into your head from that link Tour posted, there's a fair chance were not drafting Saquon, and certainly not at #1.  

    @gunz41 said:

    Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard

    Gunz, I hope you caught those simul-runs in the "Run Rich Run" fundraiser. It was quite a hoot. Eisen ran a 5.97 in a suit & tie. (He's 49, not bad for an old guy.) They spotted him six yards against some of the DBs, and he got smoked. But the point I wanted to make- and since everyone tweeted they wanted to see it. They put him up against Orlando Brown straight up, he of the 5.87. That tenth is more than three feet. Dang, I thought Eisen could beat him. I'm certain Mayock could.  🙂  

    @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat negated in the pros. As Ag (and others) have pointed out- he's not a Kevin Mack or for that matter a young Adrian Peterson who can routinely bounce off the first tackle, his YAC say so. To my mind, he's a heavier version of Eric Metcalf. You're probably too young to remember the failure that was "Metcalf up the middle", but I haven't forgotten it. Teams have probably already scouted Barkley's propensity to break it outside, and that's the first thing they will try and take away- make him earn his yards inside the tackles- if he can. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Well I did it because it was merged from a thread, and by the time it was done it was on another page. And then put it in what the 18th different thread about Superman. 

    But your right, I'll never do anything to upset you ever again. Dilly Dilly

    Sure, I mean far be it from me to say reading isn't hard.

    Thanks, we'll let this one slide.

    @roycerolls said:

    At #1 it is. 

    If he did make to #4, I'm all about it. I'd be extremely surprised if he made it that far though. Although not outside the realm of possibility picks 1, 2 and 3 go QB.

    @jrb12711 said:

    If he did make to #4, I'm all about it. I'd be extremely surprised if he made it that far though. Although not outside the realm of possibility picks 1, 2 and 3 go QB.

    I’d take Barkley at 33 or 35.  

  • @canton-dawg said:

    If Dorsey’s past history is any indication of who he’s going to take in the first round, it doesn’t look good for the Barkley boys.

    Dorsey has never taken a RB in the 1st round while working as a GM or any FO position in his career.

    And he won't this year....so PoG should begin  making Plan B:    What other players schmekel is he going to suckle  knowing that there is a 99% chance that Barkley will not be coming here?  

    So...what is it Po?   Who is your Plan B?

    @the-gipper said:

    And he won't this year....so PoG should begin  making Plan B:    What other players schmekel is he going to suckle  knowing that there is a 99% chance that Barkley will not be coming here?  

    So...what is it Po?   Who is your Plan B?

    Not who, what? The I-480 bridge? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    And he won't this year....so PoG should begin  making Plan B:    What other players schmekel is he going to suckle  knowing that there is a 99% chance that Barkley will not be coming here?  

    So...what is it Po?   Who is your Plan B?

    Not who, what? The I-480 bridge? 

    @hoorta said:

    Not who, what? The I-480 bridge? 

    Would anyone care?

  • Hogan handing off to Barkley!  Superbowl!

  • Hogan handing off to Barkley!  Superbowl!

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Hogan handing off to Barkley!  Superbowl!

    LOL.. I'll go by what Jim Brown says about Barkley.. He agreed with me and nailed T-rich..

  • so why is barkley working out with manziel

  • @poeticg said:

    I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success. 

    He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31. 

    Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.

    He's not a running back. He's the hero.  

    1) It's not imperative we draft Barkley- only in your mind. 2) He's not a hero, and you're way over hyping him. (Just like Kevin Hogan- the reports are it's almost certain he's going to get cut) I'm not married to any particular player yet, but Stop the hero worship for a second Po. Get it into your head from that link Tour posted, there's a fair chance were not drafting Saquon, and certainly not at #1.  

    @gunz41 said:

    Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard

    Gunz, I hope you caught those simul-runs in the "Run Rich Run" fundraiser. It was quite a hoot. Eisen ran a 5.97 in a suit & tie. (He's 49, not bad for an old guy.) They spotted him six yards against some of the DBs, and he got smoked. But the point I wanted to make- and since everyone tweeted they wanted to see it. They put him up against Orlando Brown straight up, he of the 5.87. That tenth is more than three feet. Dang, I thought Eisen could beat him. I'm certain Mayock could.  🙂  

    @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat negated in the pros. As Ag (and others) have pointed out- he's not a Kevin Mack or for that matter a young Adrian Peterson who can routinely bounce off the first tackle, his YAC say so. To my mind, he's a heavier version of Eric Metcalf. You're probably too young to remember the failure that was "Metcalf up the middle", but I haven't forgotten it. Teams have probably already scouted Barkley's propensity to break it outside, and that's the first thing they will try and take away- make him earn his yards inside the tackles- if he can. 

    @hoorta said:

    A)I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. B)About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat  

    did the math days ago....B)about? correct-e-mundo..7CB's/1LB (shaq)/1 dirty white boy Safety from Penn State..all can hunt down Barkley with better 40 times..Barkley was a 3 way tie for 13th fastest 40 with WR's in fold. A.) RB (6'1")Kalen Ballage(projected 5th/6th Rd.) Only 5lbs. lighter than Barkley(6'0")  than (5'11")Penny (projected 2nd/3rd rd.)13 lbs. lighter were only 6/10ths just behind Bark'poe'g at 4.40  Most like Sony Michel? give me the bigger hammers in Guice Or Nick Chubb. Bama's Bo Scarbrough is 6'1 228lbs. with largest mittens at 10 1/2" hands & build like a truck. But like Penny, is more of a straight high runner that's going to take some whacks

  • @poeticg said:

    I'm only "over the top" allegedly because drafting Barkley is IMPERATIVE to our success. 

    He is the player that makes us relevant again, he makes me feel slightly better after going 1-31. 

    Seems to me that it's God's way of rewarding our loyalty, of "throwing us a bone" if you will.

    He's not a running back. He's the hero.  

    1) It's not imperative we draft Barkley- only in your mind. 2) He's not a hero, and you're way over hyping him. (Just like Kevin Hogan- the reports are it's almost certain he's going to get cut) I'm not married to any particular player yet, but Stop the hero worship for a second Po. Get it into your head from that link Tour posted, there's a fair chance were not drafting Saquon, and certainly not at #1.  

    @gunz41 said:

    Yes it was EXTREMELY impressive. But no, you weren't somewhat accurate. I'm guessing you have never ran like thst before. .12 seconds is A LOT in a 40. The difference is close to a yard

    Gunz, I hope you caught those simul-runs in the "Run Rich Run" fundraiser. It was quite a hoot. Eisen ran a 5.97 in a suit & tie. (He's 49, not bad for an old guy.) They spotted him six yards against some of the DBs, and he got smoked. But the point I wanted to make- and since everyone tweeted they wanted to see it. They put him up against Orlando Brown straight up, he of the 5.87. That tenth is more than three feet. Dang, I thought Eisen could beat him. I'm certain Mayock could.  🙂  

    @poeticg said:

    Show me one player from this NFL combine that weighed more than Barkley and ran a faster time. Matter of fact, just go ahead and list for me ANY player that ran a faster 40 time, please include their height and weight for comparison please. 

    I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat negated in the pros. As Ag (and others) have pointed out- he's not a Kevin Mack or for that matter a young Adrian Peterson who can routinely bounce off the first tackle, his YAC say so. To my mind, he's a heavier version of Eric Metcalf. You're probably too young to remember the failure that was "Metcalf up the middle", but I haven't forgotten it. Teams have probably already scouted Barkley's propensity to break it outside, and that's the first thing they will try and take away- make him earn his yards inside the tackles- if he can. 

    @hoorta said:

    1) It's not imperative we draft Barkley- only in your mind. 2) He's not a hero, and you're way over hyping him. (Just like Kevin Hogan- the reports are it's almost certain he's going to get cut) I'm not married to any particular player yet, but Stop the hero worship for a second Po. Get it into your head from that link Tour posted, there's a fair chance were not drafting Saquon, and certainly not at #1.  

    Gunz, I hope you caught those simul-runs in the "Run Rich Run" fundraiser. It was quite a hoot. Eisen ran a 5.97 in a suit & tie. (He's 49, not bad for an old guy.) They spotted him six yards against some of the DBs, and he got smoked. But the point I wanted to make- and since everyone tweeted they wanted to see it. They put him up against Orlando Brown straight up, he of the 5.87. That tenth is more than three feet. Dang, I thought Eisen could beat him. I'm certain Mayock could.  🙂  

    I'm not going to bother with the weights- you can look those up yourself. About 9 defensive players ran faster 40s than your dreamboat, his speed will be above average and somewhat negated in the pros. As Ag (and others) have pointed out- he's not a Kevin Mack or for that matter a young Adrian Peterson who can routinely bounce off the first tackle, his YAC say so. To my mind, he's a heavier version of Eric Metcalf. You're probably too young to remember the failure that was "Metcalf up the middle", but I haven't forgotten it. Teams have probably already scouted Barkley's propensity to break it outside, and that's the first thing they will try and take away- make him earn his yards inside the tackles- if he can. 

    Well if you are up on your physics, then this is how a chart would go.

    Yards per second:

    .1 of second difference would equal to about 1 yard every 5 seconds.

    Here's a chart for you.

    Yards per second:

    4.0 = 10 
    4.1 = 9.8 
    4.2 = 9.5 
    4.3 = 9.3 
    4.4 = 9.1 
    4.5 = 8.9 
    4.6 = 8.7 
    4.7 = 8.5 
    4.8 = 8.3 
    4.9 = 8.2 
    5 = 8

  • I’m kind of stunned (and baffled) how many genuinely seem to want to draft a RB at #1. 

    And even more so when you consider what our Jackass of a HC did with his use of backs last year. 

    @londonbrown said:

    I’m kind of stunned (and baffled) how many genuinely seem to want to draft a RB at #1. 

    And even more so when you consider what our Jackass of a HC did with his use of backs last year. 

    Well said. We had a winnable game against Balt when our bell cow running back,who had 5 carries for 59 yards at the time, never carried the ball again. I still think about how hard was Hue trying to win. Let me rookie QB throw 37 times and not use my RB's to take some of pressure off of him. Do we draft Barkley and only let him carry the rock 5 times? It was apparent Crow was leaving last season.Why not run the tires off him? We may not have had to suffer a 0-16 season. I am not quite there yet, but I am thinking we may need a coaching change. RB's and QB's win you games.DEFENSE wins championsips! Just my 2 cents. Thank you London Dawg!

  • Music to my ears! I love it!!

  • Lol, this chowder head thinks that Tyrod Taylor will keep the Browns from drafting a QB, probably why he only gets 100 votes when he puts up a poll. 

  • Lol, this chowder head thinks that Tyrod Taylor will keep the Browns from drafting a QB, probably why he only gets 100 votes when he puts up a poll. 

    @roycerolls said:

    Lol, this chowder head thinks that Tyrod Taylor will keep the Browns from drafting a QB, probably why he only gets 100 votes when he puts up a poll. 

    PoG is a troll or a tard. No in between.

  • @roycerolls said:

    Lol, this chowder head thinks that Tyrod Taylor will keep the Browns from drafting a QB, probably why he only gets 100 votes when he puts up a poll. 

    PoG is a troll or a tard. No in between.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    PoG is a troll or a tard. No in between.

    It's a dual role.😁

  • TaKe RuNiNgBaCk aT 1

    Mod Edit: Thanks, but Po won't listen to reason....  

  • @roycerolls said:

    Lol, this chowder head thinks that Tyrod Taylor will keep the Browns from drafting a QB, probably why he only gets 100 votes when he puts up a poll. 

    PoG is a troll or a tard. No in between.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    PoG is a troll or a tard. No in between.

    I was actually referring to the guy in the video PoG posted, I didn’t quote it, but he wasn’t trolling, he just thought he was giving good analysis, but it wasn’t good, not at all. 

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    PoG is a troll or a tard. No in between.

    I was actually referring to the guy in the video PoG posted, I didn’t quote it, but he wasn’t trolling, he just thought he was giving good analysis, but it wasn’t good, not at all. 

    @roycerolls said:

    I was actually referring to the guy in the video PoG posted, I didn’t quote it, but he wasn’t trolling, he just bought he was giving good analysis, but it wasn’t good, not at all. 

    My bad. My point still stands.

  • Top 10 Player Groupings

    1.  4 Top QBs

    2.  Top 5 talent:  Chubb, DE - Fitzpatrick, S/CB

    4.  Picks 6-10:  Ward, CB - Edmunds, LB - Vea, DT - Nelson, OG

    5.  Picks 10-12:  Smith, LB- James, S - Ridley, WR

    6.  Picks 13-15:  Evans, LB - Brown, OT - Jackson, CB - McGlinchey, OT

    7.  Mid 1st Picks:    Landry, OLB - Payne, DT - Davenport, DE - Hughes, CB - Hurst, DT

    8.  Later 1st Rounders:  Williams, OT - O'Neill, OT - Kirk, WR - Guise, RB - Michel, RB - Price, C/OG - Green, DE, - Sutton, WR, Wynn, C/OG

    9.  Late 1st-Top 2nd:  Hubbard, DE - Jackson, CB - Alexander, CB - Hernandez,  OG, - Bryan, DT - Jackson, QB - Esch, LB - Jones, RB - Oliver, CB - Rankin, OT - Davis, CB - Chubb, RB - Key, DE/LB

    10.  The Rest Depending on Need