Barkley at #1?
-
The Colts may very well trade down a bit as they have multiple needs and someone may want to jump up for a QB (as someone does that almost every year). We, of course, have multiple needs...but we have multiple 2nd round picks.
I don't understand how anyone can think that we're drafting a RB at #1 overall....but then, I can't figure out flat-earther's either.
The Colts may very well trade down a bit as they have multiple needs and someone may want to jump up for a QB (as someone does that almost every year). We, of course, have multiple needs...but we have multiple 2nd round picks.
I don't understand how anyone can think that we're drafting a RB at #1 overall....but then, I can't figure out flat-earther's either.
The Colts have no RB. They will take Barkley at 3 and say thank you Dorsey.
Which QB should go 1? He is sitting on his a$$ in 2018.
-
Football is entertainment. Barkley is Primetime, must see TV. We'll just be going along for the ride. I can't wait to see the Saquon helmet cam footage of linebackers whiffing and DBs cringing!!! lol Good times ahead, if we are wise.
Football is entertainment. Barkley is Primetime, must see TV. We'll just be going along for the ride. I can't wait to see the Saquon helmet cam footage of linebackers whiffing and DBs cringing!!! lol Good times ahead, if we are wise.
See, THAT is exactly why you are set on him. Yes he is entertaining, and for fans it's about entertainment and love for team, but for the important ones (you know the players and coaches) they couldn't care less about entertaining, they care about the game, their team, and winning. Not one team would care if they won 2-0. But you wouldn't be "entertained"
-
Right back to the old adage that just because a player was drafted high that does not make him worth the draft pick.
Would you give the Browns a 2nd for Kizer? Thats what he cost the Browns so he must be worth it by your logic.
No of course not, you know why? I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY IN THE NFL. Superman hasn't played a down and he's worth #1, being fitted for a good jacket, 10 suber rings, and building a house for all his awards.
Yea, REAL SMART to talk him up that much.
You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.
No of course not, you know why? I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY IN THE NFL. Superman hasn't played a down and he's worth #1, being fitted for a good jacket, 10 suber rings, and building a house for all his awards.
Yea, REAL SMART to talk him up that much.
You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.
This is your comeback every time. So let me just debunk this and you'll be forced to come up with something different next time...
1- No player in the history of the NFL draft has played a down in the NFL before being drafted #1. It's so obvious an answer that I feel it shouldn't even need to be stated. Myles Garrett, #1 overall- Greatest thing to ever walk the earth as a pass-rusher, first ballot hall of fame type player... yada yada yada. But, all this conjuncture only applies to Saquon, correct?
2- Yes I talk him up, because he's worth it. The kid in incredible, he has his OWN DAY DEDICATED TO HIM? Who else in the draft has that? C'mon, I'll wait. That's not just me... being "entertained", it's because he's Shmucking incredible. Smooth runner, excellent balance, leaping ability, catching prowess, willing blocker, electric with the ball in his hands, shifty and controlled in his movements, quick twitch(ew, you'll like that one, you all bit on that one for Garrett- HE'S SOOOO QUICK TWITCHY!!!)
3- You cannot get Barry Sanders later. You'll get a Crowell every once in a while but rarely... rarely a Terrel Davis.
-
-
Right back to the old adage that just because a player was drafted high that does not make him worth the draft pick.
Would you give the Browns a 2nd for Kizer? Thats what he cost the Browns so he must be worth it by your logic.
No of course not, you know why? I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY IN THE NFL. Superman hasn't played a down and he's worth #1, being fitted for a good jacket, 10 suber rings, and building a house for all his awards.
Yea, REAL SMART to talk him up that much.
You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.
No of course not, you know why? I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY IN THE NFL. Superman hasn't played a down and he's worth #1, being fitted for a good jacket, 10 suber rings, and building a house for all his awards.
Yea, REAL SMART to talk him up that much.
You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.
Francis
Ive already listed exceptional RBs drafted top 5. Those GMs did their homework and earned their paychecks. The morons who drafted Kjana Carter, Jamarcuss Russel and the like had no business running a draft room and should sued for malpractice. Your argument is weak sauce if the only reason why you dont take a RB top 5 is because so many did not play on a super bowl winning team.
-
Flugs-one of the reasons I like Michel from Bama is those hands out of the backfield. We have to seriously consider trading up into the 1st to get him if Barkley goes elsewhere.
Flugs-one of the reasons I like Michel from Bama is those hands out of the backfield. We have to seriously consider trading up into the 1st to get him if Barkley goes elsewhere.
Aggies, I was thinking Michel would be a grand theft until I saw he only caught 9 passes in 14 games last year for Georgia. That was less than him catching 7 passes in the 8 games he played in as a freshman. At 212-215 lbs, I was hoping the passing game dimension would be more of a comfort zone coming out than the ole "we're just going to coach that right up." That said, there was a soph season where he had 26 rec in 13 games and junior year with 22 rec in 12 games. I think the couple episodes of him double-catching the ball at the combines might have shown some NFL teams why Georgia got away from using him in the passing game. If a guy is fighting the ball enough to double-catch passes I'm guessing his vision probably isn't downfield/peripheral enough to cash in on the yards after the catch.
Before the combines, I brought up Auburn's 6' 220 lb Kerryon Johnson as a RB I really like despite how little he was talked about in comparison with other RBs coming out. Despite missing 2 games, he rushed for 1391 yards and 18 TDs at 4.9 ypc in 12 games with 24 rec for 194 yards 2 TDs. And while the reception volume isn't exactly eye popping - it's steadily improved from 14 to 17 to 24.
Here's some of his good rushing days vrs SEC opponents during the regular season: 23 car 116 yards 3 TDs vrs Miss St, 28 car 204 yards 3 TDs vrs Ole Miss, 31 car 156 yds 1 TD vrs LSU, 29 car 145 yards 1 TD vrs A&M, 32 car 167 yards 0 TD vrs Georgia, 30 car 104 yards 1 TD vrs Alabama (also threw a TD pass). His worst game was against Missouri with 18 car 48 yards 5 TDs. He also had 2 other games over 100 yards rushing vrs non-conference opponents. Very fun kid to watch that played through injuries to his shoulder and ribs.
-
HOLY Shmucking FIRE!!!!
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!
All the pregame hype Barkley brings to First Energy Stadium will fire up the crowd and the sidelines! A NEW DAY DAWNS!
Remember Terrel Davis' initials were T.D. = Touch Down?
Well, Saquon Barkley's initials are - S.B. = Super Bowl!
-
-
HOLY Shmucking FIRE!!!!
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!
All the pregame hype Barkley brings to First Energy Stadium will fire up the crowd and the sidelines! A NEW DAY DAWNS!
Remember Terrel Davis' initials were T.D. = Touch Down?
Well, Saquon Barkley's initials are - S.B. = Super Bowl!
-
No of course not, you know why? I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY IN THE NFL. Superman hasn't played a down and he's worth #1, being fitted for a good jacket, 10 suber rings, and building a house for all his awards.
Yea, REAL SMART to talk him up that much.
You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.
This is your comeback every time. So let me just debunk this and you'll be forced to come up with something different next time...
1- No player in the history of the NFL draft has played a down in the NFL before being drafted #1. It's so obvious an answer that I feel it shouldn't even need to be stated. Myles Garrett, #1 overall- Greatest thing to ever walk the earth as a pass-rusher, first ballot hall of fame type player... yada yada yada. But, all this conjuncture only applies to Saquon, correct?
2- Yes I talk him up, because he's worth it. The kid in incredible, he has his OWN DAY DEDICATED TO HIM? Who else in the draft has that? C'mon, I'll wait. That's not just me... being "entertained", it's because he's Shmucking incredible. Smooth runner, excellent balance, leaping ability, catching prowess, willing blocker, electric with the ball in his hands, shifty and controlled in his movements, quick twitch(ew, you'll like that one, you all bit on that one for Garrett- HE'S SOOOO QUICK TWITCHY!!!)
3- You cannot get Barry Sanders later. You'll get a Crowell every once in a while but rarely... rarely a Terrel Davis.
This is your comeback every time. So let me just debunk this and you'll be forced to come up with something different next time...
1- No player in the history of the NFL draft has played a down in the NFL before being drafted #1. It's so obvious an answer that I feel it shouldn't even need to be stated. Myles Garrett, #1 overall- Greatest thing to ever walk the earth as a pass-rusher, first ballot hall of fame type player... yada yada yada. But, all this conjuncture only applies to Saquon, correct?
2- Yes I talk him up, because he's worth it. The kid in incredible, he has his OWN DAY DEDICATED TO HIM? Who else in the draft has that? C'mon, I'll wait. That's not just me... being "entertained", it's because he's Shmucking incredible. Smooth runner, excellent balance, leaping ability, catching prowess, willing blocker, electric with the ball in his hands, shifty and controlled in his movements, quick twitch(ew, you'll like that one, you all bit on that one for Garrett- HE'S SOOOO QUICK TWITCHY!!!)
3- You cannot get Barry Sanders later. You'll get a Crowell every once in a while but rarely... rarely a Terrel Davis.
Please show me anywhere where I have said where ANYONE would be great before a draft? I dont because there are A LOT of things that go into a great player.
-
No of course not, you know why? I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY IN THE NFL. Superman hasn't played a down and he's worth #1, being fitted for a good jacket, 10 suber rings, and building a house for all his awards.
Yea, REAL SMART to talk him up that much.
You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.
Francis
Ive already listed exceptional RBs drafted top 5. Those GMs did their homework and earned their paychecks. The morons who drafted Kjana Carter, Jamarcuss Russel and the like had no business running a draft room and should sued for malpractice. Your argument is weak sauce if the only reason why you dont take a RB top 5 is because so many did not play on a super bowl winning team.
Francis
Ive already listed exceptional RBs drafted top 5. Those GMs did their homework and earned their paychecks. The morons who drafted Kjana Carter, Jamarcuss Russel and the like had no business running a draft room and should sued for malpractice. Your argument is weak sauce if the only reason why you dont take a RB top 5 is because so many did not play on a super bowl winning team.
I didn't say anything to the sort. Before you want to call someone out, at least get the reasons correct
-
-
The Browns are not drafting Barkley #1 overall.
You can start 1000 more Barkley threads where you cream your pants through pages of pages of nonsense, but it isn't going to happen.
-
The Browns are not drafting Barkley #1 overall.
You can start 1000 more Barkley threads where you cream your pants through pages of pages of nonsense, but it isn't going to happen.
The Browns are not drafting Barkley #1 overall.
You can start 1000 more Barkley threads where you cream your pants through pages of pages of nonsense, but it isn't going to happen.
The Browns are taking him #1 Overall.
You could draft Barkley first and use every other pick that we have on QB's... use the other 8 picks on QBs and the draft would be a success. Do you know why? Because Barkley makes us a better team. You gamble on a QB #1 and you bust... instead of being Superbowl contenders we just set ourselves back pre KIZER ERA ...
Take what God is giving you and make a case for yourself that you are at least trying to win for the fans and the city.
-
The Browns are not drafting Barkley #1 overall.
You can start 1000 more Barkley threads where you cream your pants through pages of pages of nonsense, but it isn't going to happen.
The Browns are taking him #1 Overall.
You could draft Barkley first and use every other pick that we have on QB's... use the other 8 picks on QBs and the draft would be a success. Do you know why? Because Barkley makes us a better team. You gamble on a QB #1 and you bust... instead of being Superbowl contenders we just set ourselves back pre KIZER ERA ...
Take what God is giving you and make a case for yourself that you are at least trying to win for the fans and the city.
The Browns are taking him #1 Overall.
You could draft Barkley first and use every other pick that we have on QB's... use the other 8 picks on QBs and the draft would be a success. Do you know why? Because Barkley makes us a better team. You gamble on a QB #1 and you bust... instead of being Superbowl contenders we just set ourselves back pre KIZER ERA ...
Take what God is giving you and make a case for yourself that you are at least trying to win for the fans and the city.
I bet you $100 that the Cleveland Browns DO NOT draft Barkley with the #1 overall pick.
-
I can't pretend to know what kind of career Barkley will have, no one can. But what I do know is that man is blessed. It would be best if we get to be a part of that blessing.
Think OUTSIDE the box, young Dutchman, see the potential- really try to focus and use your shrunken pineal gland and try to see the potential, I know it's hard- but, if it was easy everyone would do it.
-
-
I can't pretend to know what kind of career Barkley will have, no one can. But what I do know is that man is blessed. It would be best if we get to be a part of that blessing.
Think OUTSIDE the box, young Dutchman, see the potential- really try to focus and use your shrunken pineal gland and try to see the potential, I know it's hard- but, if it was easy everyone would do it.
I can't pretend to know what kind of career Barkley will have, no one can. But what I do know is that man is blessed. It would be best if we get to be a part of that blessing.
Think OUTSIDE the box, young Dutchman, see the potential- really try to focus and use your shrunken pineal gland and try to see the potential, I know it's hard- but, if it was easy everyone would do it.
Stop stalling.
You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.
Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.
-
I can't pretend to know what kind of career Barkley will have, no one can. But what I do know is that man is blessed. It would be best if we get to be a part of that blessing.
Think OUTSIDE the box, young Dutchman, see the potential- really try to focus and use your shrunken pineal gland and try to see the potential, I know it's hard- but, if it was easy everyone would do it.
Stop stalling.
You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.
Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.
Stop stalling.
You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.
Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.
I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1.
-
Stop stalling.
You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.
Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.
I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1.
I'll bet you!
I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1.
Just what I thought.
Your guarantees of the Browns drafting Barkley #1 is just a bunch of nonsense that you wouldn't have the balls to back up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
Man, I hit the deck on that one! Thatta boy Poe!