Skip to content

Barkley at #1?

Locked The Browns Board
499 53 13.9k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    First... Van Eagan???

    Second... weren't all those RBs added after their HoF QB counterpart was established?

    Third... In anticipation of the answer to my second question being "yes"... thank you for proving my point.

    Who cares what order the players are added. Its not the amazing race tv show.

    Bottom line a player like Barkley is rare. You take whats there. 

    2 years from next April it will be Rosen can win if he only had a RB. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @boo-fagley said:

    1. Who cares what order the players are added. Its not the amazing race tv show.
    2. Bottom line a player like Barkley is rare. You take whats there. 
    3. 2 years from next April it will be Rosen can win if he only had a RB. 
    1. Well I care since it is at the heart of my argument... But your willingness to dismiss what you cannot refute is duly noted.
    2. Not all "rare" players turn out as projected... not even RBs.
    3. Or he'll be the kid winnig with a JAG RB... lol

    @boo-fagley said:

    The Colts have no RB. They will take Barkley at 3 and say thank you Dorsey.

    You must have certitude to burn... cause you burned a bunch in this thread.

    @poeticg said:

    2- Yes I talk him up, because he's worth it. The kid in incredible, he has his OWN DAY DEDICATED TO HIM

    lol... well that cinches it!

    @flugel said:

    Before the combines, I brought up Auburn's 6' 220 lb Kerryon Johnson as a RB

    My top value RB... my 1B. Great Combine... the kid runs BIG. Could be problematic injury-wise at the next level, but he pounds.

    @poeticg said:

    HOLY Shmucking FIRE!!!!

    So have you pre-ordered his shoes? 😉

    @poeticg said:

    I tried really hard to see what we are going to do, all that comes up is- Saquon, no matter what. 

    See... now that's reasonable. Just like I keep looking and all I can see is Rosen at #1. Put that way we can accept each others takes. But once you or boo or anyone starts going full certitude... You're wrong/ I'm right... then that's what comes back at you.

    We are all posting our own amateur opinions.

    Some of us can discuss them objectively; some can't.

    Some state their case once and refer to it from then on.

    Some start thread after thread espousing the same old same old.

    Some (cal) have to tear down an others views to make themselves feel better about their own.

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    Apparently the Colts read my post.  🙂

    all most guarantee that the first 3 picks will be Q.B'S so at 4 we will have the choice of bpa from all other positions all most like picking at #1 again and before any knucklehead want's to play kick the can with that pick go fukc yourself

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    all most guarantee that the first 3 picks will be Q.B'S so at 4 we will have the choice of bpa from all other positions all most like picking at #1 again and before any knucklehead want's to play kick the can with that pick go fukc yourself

    😆 Yeah, the trade-up looks like it guarantees QBs go 1,2,3 with us choosing between Barkely, Chubb or any other pick of the litter at #4.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    For the record, I did not visit this site prior to forming my opinion. I have been in camp Barkley for weeks when these guys loved Darnold.

    This is how you win now Kids. 

    Cleveland Browns: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State PennState_logo.gif 
    A quarterback appears to be the most popular choice, but it doesn't make logical sense to take a signal-caller at No. 1 overall, given that Cleveland has the fourth-overall selection as well. It makes zero sense to go quarterback, because if the Browns take Saquon Barkley, they're guaranteed to land two of Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield at No. 4. Barkley, meanwhile, could be gone by then. He is the best player in this class, and he has a legitimate chance to be chosen second overall. He's drawn comparisons to Marshall Faulk, and he's unlikely to get past the Colts at No. 3 overall, barring a trade. 

    Besides, there's no consensus top player at the position. Darnold had a down year. Rosen has said that he doesn't want to play for the Browns. There have been rumors linking the Browns to Josh Allen, but he could be taken at No. 4. 

    I mocked a quarterback to the Browns last week, but based on conversations I had with people I trust who have Browns information, I believe Barkley will be in Cleveland next year. 

    Follow @walterfootball for updates. Also, you can Support Us on Patreon here! 

    Follow @walterfootball for updates. Also, you can Support Us on Patreon here! 


    Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php#ixzz5A10B7Jjp

    Cleveland Browns: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming Wyoming_logo.gif 
    This is exactly why the Browns should pick Saquon Barkley first overall. Some people don't understand the concept of selecting a running back first overall, but it's the most logical thing to do. Barkley is the best player in this draft, and Cleveland has this pick to work with. If the Browns didn't possess this choice, they'd have to go quarterback at No. 1, but under the circumstances, they'd be guaranteed to have two of Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield available. None of the quarterbacks stick out, really, so it's not like there's a must-have prospect at the position. 

    The Browns have been linked to every quarterback not named Rosen. Allen has the biggest arm in this class, and he makes sense for Todd Haley's offense. Allen has to really work on his accuracy, mechanics and field vision, but he has top-five overall physical talent. 

    Pick change; previously Denzel Ward, CB 

    Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php#ixzz5A11qnEfy

    Walter is losing it,. he doesn't understand the concept the Browns haven't had a francise quarterback since Bernie, and Allen is a huge question mark. Frak off Walter. . I used to respect his opinions- he's full of shiite on this one. With the Jets trading up,  care to make a gentleman's bet the Bills are going to jump them before draft day? We're taking best qb- freaking 100% guaranteed now with this Colts turn of events.   

    @boo-fagley said:

    Missed your prediction. Look what the Jets gave up? NY got fleeced.

    Its easy to predict the score after the game, but you should know that.

    They might have gotten fleeced, but the Redskins hold that dubious record in the RG III trade up. Bills will give up even more to get to #2. 

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Walter is losing it. I used to respect his opinions- he's full of shiite on this one. With the Jets trading up,  care to make a gentleman's bet the Bills are going to jump them before draft day? We're taking best qb- freaking 100% guaranteed now with this Colts turn of events.   

    They might have gotten fleeced, but the Redskins hold that dubious record in the RG III trade up. Bills will give up even more to get to #2. 

    Any pro Barkley or Allen outlet is like propaganda.

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

  • @hoorta said:

    Walter is losing it. I used to respect his opinions- he's full of shiite on this one. With the Jets trading up,  care to make a gentleman's bet the Bills are going to jump them before draft day? We're taking best qb- freaking 100% guaranteed now with this Colts turn of events.   

    They might have gotten fleeced, but the Redskins hold that dubious record in the RG III trade up. Bills will give up even more to get to #2. 

    Any pro Barkley or Allen outlet is like propaganda.

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

    Supply and demand.  If ya want a QB...ya gots to pay.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    1. Who cares what order the players are added. Its not the amazing race tv show.
    2. Bottom line a player like Barkley is rare. You take whats there. 
    3. 2 years from next April it will be Rosen can win if he only had a RB. 
    1. Well I care since it is at the heart of my argument... But your willingness to dismiss what you cannot refute is duly noted.
    2. Not all "rare" players turn out as projected... not even RBs.
    3. Or he'll be the kid winnig with a JAG RB... lol

    @boo-fagley said:

    The Colts have no RB. They will take Barkley at 3 and say thank you Dorsey.

    You must have certitude to burn... cause you burned a bunch in this thread.

    @poeticg said:

    2- Yes I talk him up, because he's worth it. The kid in incredible, he has his OWN DAY DEDICATED TO HIM

    lol... well that cinches it!

    @flugel said:

    Before the combines, I brought up Auburn's 6' 220 lb Kerryon Johnson as a RB

    My top value RB... my 1B. Great Combine... the kid runs BIG. Could be problematic injury-wise at the next level, but he pounds.

    @poeticg said:

    HOLY Shmucking FIRE!!!!

    So have you pre-ordered his shoes? 😉

    @poeticg said:

    I tried really hard to see what we are going to do, all that comes up is- Saquon, no matter what. 

    See... now that's reasonable. Just like I keep looking and all I can see is Rosen at #1. Put that way we can accept each others takes. But once you or boo or anyone starts going full certitude... You're wrong/ I'm right... then that's what comes back at you.

    We are all posting our own amateur opinions.

    Some of us can discuss them objectively; some can't.

    Some state their case once and refer to it from then on.

    Some start thread after thread espousing the same old same old.

    Some (cal) have to tear down an others views to make themselves feel better about their own.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    You must have certitude to burn... cause you burned a bunch in this thread.

    lol... well that cinches it!

    My top value RB... my 1B. Great Combine... the kid runs BIG. Could be problematic injury-wise at the next level, but he pounds.

    So have you pre-ordered his shoes? 😉

    See... now that's reasonable. Just like I keep looking and all I can see is Rosen at #1. Put that way we can accept each others takes. But once you or boo or anyone starts going full certitude... You're wrong/ I'm right... then that's what comes back at you.

    We are all posting our own amateur opinions.

    Some of us can discuss them objectively; some can't.

    Some state their case once and refer to it from then on.

    Some start thread after thread espousing the same old same old.

    Some (cal) have to tear down an others views to make themselves feel better about their own.

    You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

    Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

  • @gunz41 said:

    Well obviously you can pull some names of people not drafted in 1st round. It's pointless because the same can be done for EVERY position. - Gunz

    No, I'm just interested in staying in the context of our discussion.  Not just people - QBs and it IS as easy looking at many of those drafted after the 4th overall pick still playing and getting nice contracts today(ie: Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Brees, Foles, Carr, Cousins, Roethlisberger, Prescott, Garappolo, Keenum, McCown, Dalton, Flacco).  Again, that shows me there's a bunch of different drafts showing they didn't run out of reliable QBs before the 4th pick.    There's quite a few people feeling if we don't draft a QB at #1 overall - we're not going to get the right QB when there's only 2 QBs that can be drafted before we draft again. Also keep in mind this is a deep draft at QB Gunzies to the extent we can draft a QB in round 1 and one later.  The Redskins did that and Kirk Cousins was the most sought after FA while RG3 doesn't have a job.   I'm thinking someone like Mike White, Luke Faulk, Riley Ferguson, Kurt Benkert or Kyle Lauletta might be worth consideration as a 2nd QB we draft in a draft deep enough to justify it.  - Flugel

    if they chose to get their QB at 4, then there is a possibility it's their 3rd QB. That doesn't mean he would be bad, it doesn't mean he won't be the best of the bunch. It means that it COULD be their 3rd ranked guy. And a recent example of the 3rd guy is Paxton Lynch. - Gunz

    Worthy of note but Ben Roethlisberger was also a 3rd QB drafted back at #11 overall (behind Eli at #1 and Rivers at #4) so this reminds us that all drafts have different supplies for the big demand.   Isn't it also a possibility that our FO has 3 different QBs rated so even they're having just as tough of a time finding a consensus for 1 QB as our fan base?  Depending on how close as well as how much they either like Barkley or Chubb - it may not be as bad as people think. Another reality is the QB most often mocked to Cleveland is Darnold and they might not like some of his bad habits as another team is willing to take on.  It's also possible John Elway's crush on Josh Allen has him trading up with someone before us which could make it conceivable we get one of the QBs we wanted all along. I'm open to all possibilities believe it or not.  - Flugel

    I dont care who they take and where. But it will be sickening to see someone that says Barkley #1 or someone else #1 to then come back and whine and moan, WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT GUY. Meaning, if you like Barkley there stick to it. Dont complain down the road and say the team was stupid and should have taken someone else   - Gunz

    Totally agree!  Since you weren't here last year at this time - you'll prolly like hearing NOBODY posted the "WE SHOULD HAVES" about not drafting Watson during the 4-5 game span Watson was QBing Houston into the highest scoring offense in the AFC. Good thing too because he got injured and went on IR just like Carson Wentz did. - Flugel

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    All good points, but I was here last year.

    One caveat though, I dont remember anyone being enamored with Watson before the draft.

    I'm not saying the Browns shouldn't draft Barkley, even shouldn't draft him at #1, I am saying and have been saying that SOME of the talk on him is incredibly ridiculous. He ISN'T the perfect prospect, and as he has yet to prove ONE thing in the league, to be talking about him being the best ever is dumb. Could he end up that way, YEAH but extremely unlikely.

    I find it very unlikely that they have 3 guys ranked alike. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, and could all be great, mediocre, or bad. And there doesn't seem like there is a consensus top guy. No questions there.

    There are certainly examples to go both ways for any position (Rg3 vs Cousins, Lynch vs Big Ben, Trent Richardson vs Terrell Davis, etc) there is absolutely NO questioning that point. I'm not going to act like I know that 1 QB vs another or Barkley vs another running back yields better results. I DONT KNOW. 

    The thing that gets me, and I can't say that I am right in my feelings, is not listening to another side of a discussion, using only certain material to make a point while dismissing other material, changing a discussion, people thinking they know it all, or the occasional flat out lies (Not saying any of these for anyone in particular). 

    There are a few things that whether I or anyone else is right or wrong that it's hard for me to overlook.

    One is that success rate for any position dips in percentage each round. So whether it is QB or RB, while there are always examples of low round guys (Brady or Terrell Davis) those are slimmer odds.

    Another is that you can get similar production in lower rounds from other offensive positions other than QB. The reason is because you can use multiple people at those positions. You might not have as good of a player, but rotating at RB happens frequently, and passes are spread around to different receivers. But teams dont rotate QB. So while someone like Barkley may get you 1500 yards and 10 TDs, 2 backs could certainly get you 750 yards and 5 TDs.

    And while I understand your point on the Cleveland QBs having a short career (at least in Cleveland), they has the most to do with the quality of the QB. It is NOT because a QB will have a short career in Cleveland because they are in Cleveland, or that the minute any QB is drafted or signed to play for the Browns that the clock starts ticking. But history ALL over the league tells us that RB only last for so long. That has nothing to do with the quality of player, it has to do with the amount of hits they take and the wear and tear on their body. There have been a couple exceptions of guys who lasted longer. Could Barkley be one of those exceptions, Yea I guess so. But history and odds aren't in his favor.

    And lastly, and I have said this before, but maybe I didn't explain it correctly. The goal shouldn't be to have the best PLAYER, it should be the best TEAM. Having the best PLAYER doesn't guarantee anything, having the best team usually does. So while Barkley may very well be the best player in the draft, if you can't compliment everything else around him, then it's a moot point for what the goal should be. If you can get the most good players as opposed to the best and average, that is the way I would lean. I can't think of ONE position that Philadelphia had the best player in the league, yet they achieved the ultimate goal. New England is in Super Bowl basically every year, and they may have best QB and K. And while it doesn't mean a team with their main/Best player as a RB can't win the Super Bowl, it usually doesn't happen. I know what I see in New England, and while most hate them, they are GOOD and they really do treat their RB as dime a dozen. Someone can have a huge game rushing there, and then not play for 4 games. Eagles didn't have a great running back team either.

    Just my thoughts on why I feel the way I do.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    1. Who cares what order the players are added. Its not the amazing race tv show.
    2. Bottom line a player like Barkley is rare. You take whats there. 
    3. 2 years from next April it will be Rosen can win if he only had a RB. 
    1. Well I care since it is at the heart of my argument... But your willingness to dismiss what you cannot refute is duly noted.
    2. Not all "rare" players turn out as projected... not even RBs.
    3. Or he'll be the kid winnig with a JAG RB... lol

    @boo-fagley said:

    The Colts have no RB. They will take Barkley at 3 and say thank you Dorsey.

    You must have certitude to burn... cause you burned a bunch in this thread.

    @poeticg said:

    2- Yes I talk him up, because he's worth it. The kid in incredible, he has his OWN DAY DEDICATED TO HIM

    lol... well that cinches it!

    @flugel said:

    Before the combines, I brought up Auburn's 6' 220 lb Kerryon Johnson as a RB

    My top value RB... my 1B. Great Combine... the kid runs BIG. Could be problematic injury-wise at the next level, but he pounds.

    @poeticg said:

    HOLY Shmucking FIRE!!!!

    So have you pre-ordered his shoes? 😉

    @poeticg said:

    I tried really hard to see what we are going to do, all that comes up is- Saquon, no matter what. 

    See... now that's reasonable. Just like I keep looking and all I can see is Rosen at #1. Put that way we can accept each others takes. But once you or boo or anyone starts going full certitude... You're wrong/ I'm right... then that's what comes back at you.

    We are all posting our own amateur opinions.

    Some of us can discuss them objectively; some can't.

    Some state their case once and refer to it from then on.

    Some start thread after thread espousing the same old same old.

    Some (cal) have to tear down an others views to make themselves feel better about their own.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    1. Well I care since it is at the heart of my argument... But your willingness to dismiss what you cannot refute is duly noted.
    2. Not all "rare" players turn out as projected... not even RBs.
    3. Or he'll be the kid winnig with a JAG RB... lol

    1 Stuck on steps 1, 2, 3. 

    2 Yeah, lots of QBs who were supposed to be the answer.

    3 In the X football league vs Johnny.

  • @hoorta said:

    Walter is losing it. I used to respect his opinions- he's full of shiite on this one. With the Jets trading up,  care to make a gentleman's bet the Bills are going to jump them before draft day? We're taking best qb- freaking 100% guaranteed now with this Colts turn of events.   

    They might have gotten fleeced, but the Redskins hold that dubious record in the RG III trade up. Bills will give up even more to get to #2. 

    Any pro Barkley or Allen outlet is like propaganda.

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @boo-fagley said:

    Any pro Barkley or Allen outlet is like propaganda.

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

    And an  Anti- Barkley or Allen stance isn't "propaganda" it's just a cold hard look at reality VS worth (Barkley) or potential (Allen).

    Yes the  "book value" for the Jets moving up was the first, one second, and a future second was plenty. Desperate times require desperate measures. Think the Eagles gave up too much for Wentz? This trade- and the Bills (to date moves- they're going to jump the Jets) should prove beyond anyone's doubt (unless they have non communicating neurons)-  this isn't a "weak" qb class. It's the 1, 2, 3, tango- and even make that #4 if the Browns get an offer from the Broncos to flip picks. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Walter is losing it. I used to respect his opinions- he's full of shiite on this one. With the Jets trading up,  care to make a gentleman's bet the Bills are going to jump them before draft day? We're taking best qb- freaking 100% guaranteed now with this Colts turn of events.   

    They might have gotten fleeced, but the Redskins hold that dubious record in the RG III trade up. Bills will give up even more to get to #2. 

    Any pro Barkley or Allen outlet is like propaganda.

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

    got fleeced? Jimmy G cost one 2nd round pick from 9'ers..we paid a 3rd for TT. there is no Jimmy G in this draft class imo.as of yet..Jets only moved like 2 or 3 slots?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Care to reconsider? Seems the Colts weren't interested in hanging around at #3 for that possibility.

    Missed your prediction. Look what the Jets gave up? NY got fleeced.

    Its easy to predict the score after the game, but you should know that.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    1. Missed your prediction. Look what the Jets gave up? NY got fleeced.
    2. Its easy to predict the score after the game, but you should know that.

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    1. Missed your prediction. Look what the Jets gave up? NY got fleeced.
    2. Its easy to predict the score after the game, but you should know that.

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @tour2ma said:

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    Come on Tour- with the Jets trade up, the odds of Barkley going #1 overall (Dorsey loves him some third round RBs and we got the Hyde) are approaching zero. 50\50 on the G-men taking him, and if that doesn't happen, he's gonna fall like a rock.

  • @gunz41 said:

    You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.

    Please show me a shorter career in the NFL than playing QB in Cleveland since 1999.  That's why there's a t-shirt mocking all the guys that couldn't survive the QB gig in Cleveland.  There's so many names on that sucker you can't buy a size smaller than Tent. The worst part of it all is we wasted the entire career of a HOF caliber Left Tackle that put forth a Pro Bowl effort for 10 consecutive years protecting the blind side of QB under incompetent FOs.

    Understanding Bernie Kosar was a supplemental draft pick, when is the last time we aced the QB position in round 1 of the NFL draft?  Today, I keep hearing we can't draft A running back first because we have to draft A quarterback first.  Poe isn't saying he wants A running back - he's saying he wants Barkley because he thinks he's the best football player in the draft.  The irony is that a lot of people jumping all over his opinion are pretty reluctant to announce THE QB by name as well as the part about why he's the better solution. 

    Since you mentioned the league has changed, what makes a blazing fast 230 lb RB that caught 54 passes for 632 yards (almost 12 ypc) and 3 TDs on top of 1251 yards rushing at 5.9 ypc and 18 TDs just a dime a dozen?   This is also supposed to be a deep QB draft where many scouts and draft analysts see equivalent values in the top 3-4 QB prospects. 

    Do you know what team had the biggest record improvement in the entire NFL last year?  It was Jacksonville.  They sucked so bad in 2016 that their horrible record earned them the right to draft #4 overall. After drafting RB Leonard Fournette at #4 overall (and losing their best WR to IR) they suddenly made it all the way to the AFC Championship Game.  To get there, they beat Pittsburgh 45-42.  There's other teams with promising first round RBs like the LA Rams (Gurley) and Dallas Cowboys (Zeke).  In all 3 cases, the RBs helped their young QBs qualify for a post season. 

    After the QB position - what skill position touches the ball most frequently?  There was a time we never lost sight of this.  Then again here's parts of the tradition reminding us why we shouldn't:  Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Earnest Byner, Leroy Hoard.  We also had other RBs to complement them like: Bobby Mitchell, Calvin Hill, Herman Fontenot, Cleo Miller, Curtis Dickey, Eric Metcalf, etc...  Just in case people think football has changed so much, our RB position combined for 122 receptions in 1986 when we went 12-4. That was Lindy Infante's first year here as OC (hard to believe that was 32 years ago already).

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Please show me a shorter career in the NFL than playing QB in Cleveland since 1999.

    With all due respect... and I mean it and not as an empty platitude... that's a STRAWMAN among strawmen.

    You know who has been in that parade as well as anyone here. It's not as if we have been burning thru talent.

    @gunz41 said:

    But since you bring up the Jags, you are saying Fournette was the main reason?

    Forgot about Fournette when I was making my "final piece" argument to boo....

  • @boo-fagley said:

    1. Missed your prediction. Look what the Jets gave up? NY got fleeced.
    2. Its easy to predict the score after the game, but you should know that.

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    To clarify.

    You said the Colts might, could, maybe, possibly trade down. You never had the balls to be on one side of the fence or the other and you still dont. Dont try to BS everyone as if you knew the move was a done deal. I should played it like you do and stated the Colts could take Barkley at 3 leaving a way to weasel out. Nah, no balls is not my style. 

  • @flugel said:

    Please show me a shorter career in the NFL than playing QB in Cleveland since 1999.

    With all due respect... and I mean it and not as an empty platitude... that's a STRAWMAN among strawmen.

    You know who has been in that parade as well as anyone here. It's not as if we have been burning thru talent.

    @gunz41 said:

    But since you bring up the Jags, you are saying Fournette was the main reason?

    Forgot about Fournette when I was making my "final piece" argument to boo....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    With all due respect... and I mean it and not as an empty platitude... that's a STRAWMAN among strawmen.

    No worries but it was in the context of a reply to a comment (and a common thought) that RBs don't last very long in the NFL.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

    got fleeced? Jimmy G cost one 2nd round pick from 9'ers..we paid a 3rd for TT. there is no Jimmy G in this draft class imo.as of yet..Jets only moved like 2 or 3 slots?

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    got fleeced? Jimmy G cost one 2nd round pick from 9'ers..we paid a 3rd for TT. there is no Jimmy G in this draft class imo.as of yet..Jets only moved like 2 or 3 slots?

    NE had a fire sale and it was rumored that the Browns offered more.

    The Colts move 3 spots down and pick up 2 more 2nd round picks giving them 3 and another 2nd next draft? The Colts played them like a fiddle.

  • @tour2ma said:

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    Come on Tour- with the Jets trade up, the odds of Barkley going #1 overall (Dorsey loves him some third round RBs and we got the Hyde) are approaching zero. 50\50 on the G-men taking him, and if that doesn't happen, he's gonna fall like a rock.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Come on Tour- with the Jets trade up, the odds of Barkley going #1 overall (Dorsey loves him some third round RBs and we got the Hyde) are approaching zero. 50\50 on the G-men taking him, and if that doesn't happen, he's gonna fall like a rock.

    Hey... I was throwing boo a bone, h... not sure why, but I was.

    As for 50/50 for the G-men... I gotta believe the Bills are on line 1 and the Broncos are on Line 2 right now. Bills should win that one unless Denver dips in their 2019 picks, but if Denver can get close then I think NYG goes with them as they really want to be to stay high enough to land Nelson.

    In any case I think if NYG moves, then that'll do it until Draft Day. Then depending upon which QB is left on the board, our phone may ring... especially if BUF is still stuck at 12.

    I really don't know what the Jets are thinking leaving two picks above them... very odd. Certainly they made the same offer to NYG, so either the Giants already know they can get more or they are locked in on a player they are pretty sure we will not take at #1, but do not believe will last to #5... which I have to believe Nelson will. Could be they are willing to sit tight at #2 until Draft Day and let the pressure build to "WSH must have RG3" levels...

  • @tour2ma said:

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    To clarify.

    You said the Colts might, could, maybe, possibly trade down. You never had the balls to be on one side of the fence or the other and you still dont. Dont try to BS everyone as if you knew the move was a done deal. I should played it like you do and stated the Colts could take Barkley at 3 leaving a way to weasel out. Nah, no balls is not my style. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @boo-fagley said:

    To clarify.

    You said the Colts might, could, maybe, possibly trade down. You never had the balls to be on one side of the fence or the other and you still dont. Dont try to BS everyone as if you knew the move was a done deal. I should played it like you do and stated the Colts could take Barkley at 3 leaving a way to weasel out. Nah, no balls is not my style. 

    First... you have style? Balls?

    Second... here's my scenario since you have issues with facts... or memory... or both...

    @tour2ma said:

    And in case anyone was wondering... I see a clear standout QB in this draft... shocker... and yes, it is still Josh Rosen, but that's old news.

    What's new and should be a lot more fun... as it'll blow Camp Saquon minds... is speculating on how far might he fall. 😮 Here's a scenario...

    1. We go QB at #1 because Dorsey sees his guy.
    2. NYG, who neither needs a QB right now nor is a RB away from a SB, trades down to a QB hungry team... Broncos, Jets or Bills, but they want to stay as high as possible to land their Stud OG so it's Denver who promptly takes their new QB.
    3. Colts... need a lot of help especially on D. I think they trade back for the next QB hungry team and that team is BUF. With two QBs gone if their guy is still on the board, they go and I think win the bidding war for the pick.
    4. Back to us... Saquon here? Maybe, but again we are not a RB away. Problem is the QB market is drying up and with it the trade value of our #4, but the Giants via the trade down with Denver are still between us and the Jets. Might be enough for the Jets to move up and give us their 2nd rounder.... and they take the last of the top four QBs.
    5. NYG... I don't think they can resist Quentin Nelson here and may well dip back into the OG pool with their 2nd Round pick.
    6. Us... again... Saquon here? Nah... no fun in that, but we just might get a call or two from teams that believe they are a RB away. Who might these teams be?
    • #7 overall, Tampa Bay. They are the top team I can see that might believe they are a RB away. Moving up one spot would be a defensive move, but hell... we've done that.
    • The Raiders at #10 are a candidate. While they still have BeastMode, those results were mixed last season.
    • Beyond that I think it becomes a free for all between GB (#14), Ravens (#16), Seahawks (#18) and Lions (#20) to see who can pull together the best move up package.

    GB would be a great fit for Barkley. Can't see dealing in the Division. Hawks and Lions are down there quite a ways.

    Far fetched? Maybe, but when runs on a position start far-fetched things can happen... especially when QBs are involved. RBs? Maybe in round 2...

    As seen below I did later say that drafting Barkley at #3 would be consistent with my "RB after QB" theory... the one you could not dispute... but that I thought they were still far from final piece territory... apparently so too do they.

    @tour2ma said:

    Colts? Maybe as they have their QB... or at least hope they still do... but they have a lot of other needs as well. Other needs where this Draft is nowhere as deep as it is at RB.

    But since we're now on the subject of crawfishing... as we like to call it in Texas...

    Only one of us has said...

    • the Browns will defintitely take Barkley at #1!
    • ... but if we don't the Giants definitely take Barkley at #2!
    • ... but if they don't there's no way the Colts pass on him at #3!

    So I ask again...

    You have style? Balls?

  • @tour2ma said:

    You must have certitude to burn... cause you burned a bunch in this thread.

    lol... well that cinches it!

    My top value RB... my 1B. Great Combine... the kid runs BIG. Could be problematic injury-wise at the next level, but he pounds.

    So have you pre-ordered his shoes? 😉

    See... now that's reasonable. Just like I keep looking and all I can see is Rosen at #1. Put that way we can accept each others takes. But once you or boo or anyone starts going full certitude... You're wrong/ I'm right... then that's what comes back at you.

    We are all posting our own amateur opinions.

    Some of us can discuss them objectively; some can't.

    Some state their case once and refer to it from then on.

    Some start thread after thread espousing the same old same old.

    Some (cal) have to tear down an others views to make themselves feel better about their own.

    You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

    Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

    Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

    lmao... Balls... lol

  • @boo-fagley said:

    You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

    Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

    lmao... Balls... lol

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    lmao... Balls... lol

    LOL Tour- should we now say #2 is open to the highest bidder?  

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    Man these things have become so funny and absurd. From hearing about best ever, 2 second 40s, to guaranteed picks, to I think I saw somewhere "I know you are but what am I" Guys relax, you are all geniuses. Even if your guy isn't the guy or is a bust, he would have been great on another team, so you still get credit.