Skip to content

Barkley at #1?

Locked The Browns Board
499 53 13.9k 1
  • @boo-fagley said:

    1. Missed your prediction. Look what the Jets gave up? NY got fleeced.
    2. Its easy to predict the score after the game, but you should know that.

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @tour2ma said:

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    Come on Tour- with the Jets trade up, the odds of Barkley going #1 overall (Dorsey loves him some third round RBs and we got the Hyde) are approaching zero. 50\50 on the G-men taking him, and if that doesn't happen, he's gonna fall like a rock.

  • @gunz41 said:

    You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.

    Please show me a shorter career in the NFL than playing QB in Cleveland since 1999.  That's why there's a t-shirt mocking all the guys that couldn't survive the QB gig in Cleveland.  There's so many names on that sucker you can't buy a size smaller than Tent. The worst part of it all is we wasted the entire career of a HOF caliber Left Tackle that put forth a Pro Bowl effort for 10 consecutive years protecting the blind side of QB under incompetent FOs.

    Understanding Bernie Kosar was a supplemental draft pick, when is the last time we aced the QB position in round 1 of the NFL draft?  Today, I keep hearing we can't draft A running back first because we have to draft A quarterback first.  Poe isn't saying he wants A running back - he's saying he wants Barkley because he thinks he's the best football player in the draft.  The irony is that a lot of people jumping all over his opinion are pretty reluctant to announce THE QB by name as well as the part about why he's the better solution. 

    Since you mentioned the league has changed, what makes a blazing fast 230 lb RB that caught 54 passes for 632 yards (almost 12 ypc) and 3 TDs on top of 1251 yards rushing at 5.9 ypc and 18 TDs just a dime a dozen?   This is also supposed to be a deep QB draft where many scouts and draft analysts see equivalent values in the top 3-4 QB prospects. 

    Do you know what team had the biggest record improvement in the entire NFL last year?  It was Jacksonville.  They sucked so bad in 2016 that their horrible record earned them the right to draft #4 overall. After drafting RB Leonard Fournette at #4 overall (and losing their best WR to IR) they suddenly made it all the way to the AFC Championship Game.  To get there, they beat Pittsburgh 45-42.  There's other teams with promising first round RBs like the LA Rams (Gurley) and Dallas Cowboys (Zeke).  In all 3 cases, the RBs helped their young QBs qualify for a post season. 

    After the QB position - what skill position touches the ball most frequently?  There was a time we never lost sight of this.  Then again here's parts of the tradition reminding us why we shouldn't:  Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Earnest Byner, Leroy Hoard.  We also had other RBs to complement them like: Bobby Mitchell, Calvin Hill, Herman Fontenot, Cleo Miller, Curtis Dickey, Eric Metcalf, etc...  Just in case people think football has changed so much, our RB position combined for 122 receptions in 1986 when we went 12-4. That was Lindy Infante's first year here as OC (hard to believe that was 32 years ago already).

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Please show me a shorter career in the NFL than playing QB in Cleveland since 1999.

    With all due respect... and I mean it and not as an empty platitude... that's a STRAWMAN among strawmen.

    You know who has been in that parade as well as anyone here. It's not as if we have been burning thru talent.

    @gunz41 said:

    But since you bring up the Jags, you are saying Fournette was the main reason?

    Forgot about Fournette when I was making my "final piece" argument to boo....

  • @boo-fagley said:

    1. Missed your prediction. Look what the Jets gave up? NY got fleeced.
    2. Its easy to predict the score after the game, but you should know that.

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    To clarify.

    You said the Colts might, could, maybe, possibly trade down. You never had the balls to be on one side of the fence or the other and you still dont. Dont try to BS everyone as if you knew the move was a done deal. I should played it like you do and stated the Colts could take Barkley at 3 leaving a way to weasel out. Nah, no balls is not my style. 

  • @flugel said:

    Please show me a shorter career in the NFL than playing QB in Cleveland since 1999.

    With all due respect... and I mean it and not as an empty platitude... that's a STRAWMAN among strawmen.

    You know who has been in that parade as well as anyone here. It's not as if we have been burning thru talent.

    @gunz41 said:

    But since you bring up the Jags, you are saying Fournette was the main reason?

    Forgot about Fournette when I was making my "final piece" argument to boo....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    With all due respect... and I mean it and not as an empty platitude... that's a STRAWMAN among strawmen.

    No worries but it was in the context of a reply to a comment (and a common thought) that RBs don't last very long in the NFL.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    3 - 2nd rounds picks. NY got fleeced.

    got fleeced? Jimmy G cost one 2nd round pick from 9'ers..we paid a 3rd for TT. there is no Jimmy G in this draft class imo.as of yet..Jets only moved like 2 or 3 slots?

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    got fleeced? Jimmy G cost one 2nd round pick from 9'ers..we paid a 3rd for TT. there is no Jimmy G in this draft class imo.as of yet..Jets only moved like 2 or 3 slots?

    NE had a fire sale and it was rumored that the Browns offered more.

    The Colts move 3 spots down and pick up 2 more 2nd round picks giving them 3 and another 2nd next draft? The Colts played them like a fiddle.

  • @tour2ma said:

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    Come on Tour- with the Jets trade up, the odds of Barkley going #1 overall (Dorsey loves him some third round RBs and we got the Hyde) are approaching zero. 50\50 on the G-men taking him, and if that doesn't happen, he's gonna fall like a rock.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Come on Tour- with the Jets trade up, the odds of Barkley going #1 overall (Dorsey loves him some third round RBs and we got the Hyde) are approaching zero. 50\50 on the G-men taking him, and if that doesn't happen, he's gonna fall like a rock.

    Hey... I was throwing boo a bone, h... not sure why, but I was.

    As for 50/50 for the G-men... I gotta believe the Bills are on line 1 and the Broncos are on Line 2 right now. Bills should win that one unless Denver dips in their 2019 picks, but if Denver can get close then I think NYG goes with them as they really want to be to stay high enough to land Nelson.

    In any case I think if NYG moves, then that'll do it until Draft Day. Then depending upon which QB is left on the board, our phone may ring... especially if BUF is still stuck at 12.

    I really don't know what the Jets are thinking leaving two picks above them... very odd. Certainly they made the same offer to NYG, so either the Giants already know they can get more or they are locked in on a player they are pretty sure we will not take at #1, but do not believe will last to #5... which I have to believe Nelson will. Could be they are willing to sit tight at #2 until Draft Day and let the pressure build to "WSH must have RG3" levels...

  • @tour2ma said:

    First... note that I now have to number your responses and my replies to them just to keep things straight as in your desperation to salvage some degree of being correct they have gotten more scatterbrained.

    1. Pretty sure my prediction of the Colts trading out of #3 was correct. That in that scenario (differs from a prediction by the way) I did have them with a different trade partner. As for the price? No idea what that has to do with anything... unless you're implying the Jets traded up for Barkley.
    2. No idea what you are saying here as my scenario was posted well before the trade.

    I know it's hard to stay focused, but Barkley still may go #1 or #2... so hang in there.

    To clarify.

    You said the Colts might, could, maybe, possibly trade down. You never had the balls to be on one side of the fence or the other and you still dont. Dont try to BS everyone as if you knew the move was a done deal. I should played it like you do and stated the Colts could take Barkley at 3 leaving a way to weasel out. Nah, no balls is not my style. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @boo-fagley said:

    To clarify.

    You said the Colts might, could, maybe, possibly trade down. You never had the balls to be on one side of the fence or the other and you still dont. Dont try to BS everyone as if you knew the move was a done deal. I should played it like you do and stated the Colts could take Barkley at 3 leaving a way to weasel out. Nah, no balls is not my style. 

    First... you have style? Balls?

    Second... here's my scenario since you have issues with facts... or memory... or both...

    @tour2ma said:

    And in case anyone was wondering... I see a clear standout QB in this draft... shocker... and yes, it is still Josh Rosen, but that's old news.

    What's new and should be a lot more fun... as it'll blow Camp Saquon minds... is speculating on how far might he fall. 😮 Here's a scenario...

    1. We go QB at #1 because Dorsey sees his guy.
    2. NYG, who neither needs a QB right now nor is a RB away from a SB, trades down to a QB hungry team... Broncos, Jets or Bills, but they want to stay as high as possible to land their Stud OG so it's Denver who promptly takes their new QB.
    3. Colts... need a lot of help especially on D. I think they trade back for the next QB hungry team and that team is BUF. With two QBs gone if their guy is still on the board, they go and I think win the bidding war for the pick.
    4. Back to us... Saquon here? Maybe, but again we are not a RB away. Problem is the QB market is drying up and with it the trade value of our #4, but the Giants via the trade down with Denver are still between us and the Jets. Might be enough for the Jets to move up and give us their 2nd rounder.... and they take the last of the top four QBs.
    5. NYG... I don't think they can resist Quentin Nelson here and may well dip back into the OG pool with their 2nd Round pick.
    6. Us... again... Saquon here? Nah... no fun in that, but we just might get a call or two from teams that believe they are a RB away. Who might these teams be?
    • #7 overall, Tampa Bay. They are the top team I can see that might believe they are a RB away. Moving up one spot would be a defensive move, but hell... we've done that.
    • The Raiders at #10 are a candidate. While they still have BeastMode, those results were mixed last season.
    • Beyond that I think it becomes a free for all between GB (#14), Ravens (#16), Seahawks (#18) and Lions (#20) to see who can pull together the best move up package.

    GB would be a great fit for Barkley. Can't see dealing in the Division. Hawks and Lions are down there quite a ways.

    Far fetched? Maybe, but when runs on a position start far-fetched things can happen... especially when QBs are involved. RBs? Maybe in round 2...

    As seen below I did later say that drafting Barkley at #3 would be consistent with my "RB after QB" theory... the one you could not dispute... but that I thought they were still far from final piece territory... apparently so too do they.

    @tour2ma said:

    Colts? Maybe as they have their QB... or at least hope they still do... but they have a lot of other needs as well. Other needs where this Draft is nowhere as deep as it is at RB.

    But since we're now on the subject of crawfishing... as we like to call it in Texas...

    Only one of us has said...

    • the Browns will defintitely take Barkley at #1!
    • ... but if we don't the Giants definitely take Barkley at #2!
    • ... but if they don't there's no way the Colts pass on him at #3!

    So I ask again...

    You have style? Balls?

  • @tour2ma said:

    You must have certitude to burn... cause you burned a bunch in this thread.

    lol... well that cinches it!

    My top value RB... my 1B. Great Combine... the kid runs BIG. Could be problematic injury-wise at the next level, but he pounds.

    So have you pre-ordered his shoes? 😉

    See... now that's reasonable. Just like I keep looking and all I can see is Rosen at #1. Put that way we can accept each others takes. But once you or boo or anyone starts going full certitude... You're wrong/ I'm right... then that's what comes back at you.

    We are all posting our own amateur opinions.

    Some of us can discuss them objectively; some can't.

    Some state their case once and refer to it from then on.

    Some start thread after thread espousing the same old same old.

    Some (cal) have to tear down an others views to make themselves feel better about their own.

    You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

    Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

    Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

    lmao... Balls... lol

  • @boo-fagley said:

    You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

    Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

    lmao... Balls... lol

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    lmao... Balls... lol

    LOL Tour- should we now say #2 is open to the highest bidder?  

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    Man these things have become so funny and absurd. From hearing about best ever, 2 second 40s, to guaranteed picks, to I think I saw somewhere "I know you are but what am I" Guys relax, you are all geniuses. Even if your guy isn't the guy or is a bust, he would have been great on another team, so you still get credit. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 

    As I expected, the subject of Barkley's soon-to-be official restraining order wanted nothing to do with it, despite him rambling on and on about how it is GUARANTEED that the Browns will take him #1. 

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    I personally feel that qb at #1,  Chubb at #4,  and then whatever RB you want in rd 2 is a far bigger impact for far longer than getting saquon early.  

    Chubb,  ogunjobi,  Garrett,  Brantley, Coley, ogbah... And whatever FA or rookie they get... I'm totally cool with seeing that rotation each week. 

  • Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 

    As I expected, the subject of Barkley's soon-to-be official restraining order wanted nothing to do with it, despite him rambling on and on about how it is GUARANTEED that the Browns will take him #1. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick.

    Done!

    I will bet you $100 that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 🙂

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick.

    Done!

    I will bet you $100 that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 🙂

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Done!

    I will bet you $100 that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 🙂

    Now you know who he was referring to. 🙂 The $100 bet that #1 Barkley pumper is afraid to take. He'd have to sell his house and live under a bridge if he's wrong taking all comers on Saquon #1 for $100. I already offered him a $2k bet on the Jets at #3.     

  • @tour2ma said:

    Done!

    I will bet you $100 that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 🙂

    Now you know who he was referring to. 🙂 The $100 bet that #1 Barkley pumper is afraid to take. He'd have to sell his house and live under a bridge if he's wrong taking all comers on Saquon #1 for $100. I already offered him a $2k bet on the Jets at #3.     

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Now you know who he was referring to. 🙂

    Of course I do... "I'm not completely dim you know"... 😉

    I also know he misstated the bet he wants the other party to take.

    I know that quote is from something... just can't place it...

  • @boo-fagley said:

    To clarify.

    You said the Colts might, could, maybe, possibly trade down. You never had the balls to be on one side of the fence or the other and you still dont. Dont try to BS everyone as if you knew the move was a done deal. I should played it like you do and stated the Colts could take Barkley at 3 leaving a way to weasel out. Nah, no balls is not my style. 

    First... you have style? Balls?

    Second... here's my scenario since you have issues with facts... or memory... or both...

    @tour2ma said:

    And in case anyone was wondering... I see a clear standout QB in this draft... shocker... and yes, it is still Josh Rosen, but that's old news.

    What's new and should be a lot more fun... as it'll blow Camp Saquon minds... is speculating on how far might he fall. 😮 Here's a scenario...

    1. We go QB at #1 because Dorsey sees his guy.
    2. NYG, who neither needs a QB right now nor is a RB away from a SB, trades down to a QB hungry team... Broncos, Jets or Bills, but they want to stay as high as possible to land their Stud OG so it's Denver who promptly takes their new QB.
    3. Colts... need a lot of help especially on D. I think they trade back for the next QB hungry team and that team is BUF. With two QBs gone if their guy is still on the board, they go and I think win the bidding war for the pick.
    4. Back to us... Saquon here? Maybe, but again we are not a RB away. Problem is the QB market is drying up and with it the trade value of our #4, but the Giants via the trade down with Denver are still between us and the Jets. Might be enough for the Jets to move up and give us their 2nd rounder.... and they take the last of the top four QBs.
    5. NYG... I don't think they can resist Quentin Nelson here and may well dip back into the OG pool with their 2nd Round pick.
    6. Us... again... Saquon here? Nah... no fun in that, but we just might get a call or two from teams that believe they are a RB away. Who might these teams be?
    • #7 overall, Tampa Bay. They are the top team I can see that might believe they are a RB away. Moving up one spot would be a defensive move, but hell... we've done that.
    • The Raiders at #10 are a candidate. While they still have BeastMode, those results were mixed last season.
    • Beyond that I think it becomes a free for all between GB (#14), Ravens (#16), Seahawks (#18) and Lions (#20) to see who can pull together the best move up package.

    GB would be a great fit for Barkley. Can't see dealing in the Division. Hawks and Lions are down there quite a ways.

    Far fetched? Maybe, but when runs on a position start far-fetched things can happen... especially when QBs are involved. RBs? Maybe in round 2...

    As seen below I did later say that drafting Barkley at #3 would be consistent with my "RB after QB" theory... the one you could not dispute... but that I thought they were still far from final piece territory... apparently so too do they.

    @tour2ma said:

    Colts? Maybe as they have their QB... or at least hope they still do... but they have a lot of other needs as well. Other needs where this Draft is nowhere as deep as it is at RB.

    But since we're now on the subject of crawfishing... as we like to call it in Texas...

    Only one of us has said...

    • the Browns will defintitely take Barkley at #1!
    • ... but if we don't the Giants definitely take Barkley at #2!
    • ... but if they don't there's no way the Colts pass on him at #3!

    So I ask again...

    You have style? Balls?

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    First... you have style? Balls?

    Second... here's my scenario since you have issues with facts... or memory... or both...

    As seen below I did later say that drafting Barkley at #3 would be consistent with my "RB after QB" theory... the one you could not dispute... but that I thought they were still far from final piece territory... apparently so too do they.

    But since we're now on the subject of crawfishing... as we like to call it in Texas...

    Only one of us has said...

    • the Browns will defintitely take Barkley at #1!
    • ... but if we don't the Giants definitely take Barkley at #2!
    • ... but if they don't there's no way the Colts pass on him at #3!

    So I ask again...

    You have style? Balls?

    I made a prediction that did not work out.

    You have style. Another prediction.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    You knew the Jets were moving up with the Colts.

    Remember when you predicted the whole trade and how it would go down? 

    lmao... Balls... lol

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    lmao... Balls... lol

    What if the Colts just committed a huge mistake? I got the "if" in there for insurance.

  • Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 

    As I expected, the subject of Barkley's soon-to-be official restraining order wanted nothing to do with it, despite him rambling on and on about how it is GUARANTEED that the Browns will take him #1. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 

    As I expected, the subject of Barkley's soon-to-be official restraining order wanted nothing to do with it, despite him rambling on and on about how it is GUARANTEED that the Browns will take him #1. 

    Do you have two 10's for a 5?

    We got 6 weeks of mosh pit until the draft.  I'm all the way back to where I was before I started playing musical favorites with the QBs.  We'll take the QB first and Barkley or Chubb at #4.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 

    As I expected, the subject of Barkley's soon-to-be official restraining order wanted nothing to do with it, despite him rambling on and on about how it is GUARANTEED that the Browns will take him #1. 

    Do you have two 10's for a 5?

    We got 6 weeks of mosh pit until the draft.  I'm all the way back to where I was before I started playing musical favorites with the QBs.  We'll take the QB first and Barkley or Chubb at #4.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @flugel said:

    Do you have two 10's for a 5?

    We got 6 weeks of mosh pit until the draft.  I'm all the way back to where I was before I started playing musical favorites with the QBs.  We'll take the QB first and Barkley or Chubb at #4.

    If the Giants and Broncos make a deal so the Broncs can get their chosen QB, we may end up with an either/or option on Barkley/Chubb. However if the rumor is true that Dorsey is not enamored with any of the top 3 QBs, then we may end up Chubb/Fitzpatrick. This is smoke and mirrors time of the year so who knows what he's really thinking. I'm so gun-shy on QB injuries with Browns' QBs, I would be very hesitant to take the best one first overall, which is Rosen. With Taylor on board and time to let him develop I'd be taking the more rugged guy not named Allen, IF I thought Taylor was not the franchise. For our team I'd really rather take the chance on him and his low turnover rate and continue to make a terror out of this D. But I've made no bones about it. I like having that D more than any other aspect of the game.

    EDIT: I still have the feeling that Dorsey went and got Taylor just like he went and got Smith for KC and is counting on him to be the franchise QB. Just something about his completion %, ability to run and low turnover rate. That would make this defensive minded fan very happy. BTW I think Fitz is fully capable of being a CB since they acquired another very similar in nature from GB who can play either CB or FS. I like those odd.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    http://newarena.com/nfl/re-drafting-the-incredibly-impressive-2017-nfl-draft/21/?amxt=ob_sve

    They did a redraft of last years 2017 NFL Draft and would you BELIEVE it, knowing what we know now they have 4 runningbacks going in the top 14- 3 in the top 10.

    Yes, good players can pan out later in the draft, under the correct conditions, with a lot of luck and hard work. But, when you have a player that you know is going to be able to sustain the workload and produce like these other guys have, and you have the opportunity to lock him down out of the gate- You jump on that. 

    Next year when they do the redraft of 2018 Saquon Barkley will be the #1 pick, regardless of where he goes this year.