Barkley at #1?
-
Speaking of balls, there's a $100 bet to anyone who is willing to bet me that the Browns will not take Barkley with the #1 overall pick.
As I expected, the subject of Barkley's soon-to-be official restraining order wanted nothing to do with it, despite him rambling on and on about how it is GUARANTEED that the Browns will take him #1.
Do you have two 10's for a 5?
We got 6 weeks of mosh pit until the draft. I'm all the way back to where I was before I started playing musical favorites with the QBs. We'll take the QB first and Barkley or Chubb at #4.
Do you have two 10's for a 5?
We got 6 weeks of mosh pit until the draft. I'm all the way back to where I was before I started playing musical favorites with the QBs. We'll take the QB first and Barkley or Chubb at #4.
If the Giants and Broncos make a deal so the Broncs can get their chosen QB, we may end up with an either/or option on Barkley/Chubb. However if the rumor is true that Dorsey is not enamored with any of the top 3 QBs, then we may end up Chubb/Fitzpatrick. This is smoke and mirrors time of the year so who knows what he's really thinking. I'm so gun-shy on QB injuries with Browns' QBs, I would be very hesitant to take the best one first overall, which is Rosen. With Taylor on board and time to let him develop I'd be taking the more rugged guy not named Allen, IF I thought Taylor was not the franchise. For our team I'd really rather take the chance on him and his low turnover rate and continue to make a terror out of this D. But I've made no bones about it. I like having that D more than any other aspect of the game.
EDIT: I still have the feeling that Dorsey went and got Taylor just like he went and got Smith for KC and is counting on him to be the franchise QB. Just something about his completion %, ability to run and low turnover rate. That would make this defensive minded fan very happy. BTW I think Fitz is fully capable of being a CB since they acquired another very similar in nature from GB who can play either CB or FS. I like those odd.
-
http://newarena.com/nfl/re-drafting-the-incredibly-impressive-2017-nfl-draft/21/?amxt=ob_sve
They did a redraft of last years 2017 NFL Draft and would you BELIEVE it, knowing what we know now they have 4 runningbacks going in the top 14- 3 in the top 10.
Yes, good players can pan out later in the draft, under the correct conditions, with a lot of luck and hard work. But, when you have a player that you know is going to be able to sustain the workload and produce like these other guys have, and you have the opportunity to lock him down out of the gate- You jump on that.
Next year when they do the redraft of 2018 Saquon Barkley will be the #1 pick, regardless of where he goes this year.
-
-
-
-
-
http://newarena.com/nfl/re-drafting-the-incredibly-impressive-2017-nfl-draft/21/?amxt=ob_sve
They did a redraft of last years 2017 NFL Draft and would you BELIEVE it, knowing what we know now they have 4 runningbacks going in the top 14- 3 in the top 10.
Yes, good players can pan out later in the draft, under the correct conditions, with a lot of luck and hard work. But, when you have a player that you know is going to be able to sustain the workload and produce like these other guys have, and you have the opportunity to lock him down out of the gate- You jump on that.
Next year when they do the redraft of 2018 Saquon Barkley will be the #1 pick, regardless of where he goes this year.
http://newarena.com/nfl/re-drafting-the-incredibly-impressive-2017-nfl-draft/21/?amxt=ob_sve
They did a redraft of last years 2017 NFL Draft and would you BELIEVE it, knowing what we know now they have 4 runningbacks going in the top 14- 3 in the top 10.
Yes, good players can pan out later in the draft, under the correct conditions, with a lot of luck and hard work. But, when you have a player that you know is going to be able to sustain the workload and produce like these other guys have, and you have the opportunity to lock him down out of the gate- You jump on that.
Next year when they do the redraft of 2018 Saquon Barkley will be the #1 pick, regardless of where he goes this year.
YAWN... I hope you noticed where all those running backs were actually drafted... And the year before the same guys had Goff going at #26. not too bright...
-
Yes, I know where they were actually drafted... this redraft was with knowing what they know now.
The Jets are "allegedly" willing to shell out big picks to move UP to take the third best QB. If that's the case, then why would it be any different than Cleveland taking Barkley #1 and getting a shot at 3 of the top 5 QBs without giving up a thing?
You get the RB to go with Taylor, Gordon, Landry and Njoku- for now AND you get to take a highly rated QB prospect, one that 25% of the people believe should be the #1 overall(exactly the same ratio as the other 4 QBs) at #4...
-
I hope you're just playing a character PoG
But I've thought that on other boards here and I've been proven wrong
-
I hope you're just playing a character PoG
But I've thought that on other boards here and I've been proven wrong
I hope you're just playing a character PoG
But I've thought that on other boards here and I've been proven wrong
...and what character would that be? As far as I can see, I'm Kevin Costner on Draft Day or Ozzy freaking Newsome. If I was in charge of our draft we'd already have won a Superbowl years ago.
-
An idiot
The character is an idiot
-
An idiot
The character is an idiot
In that case you would be wrong. Trust me, you'll see.
-
Yes, I know where they were actually drafted... this redraft was with knowing what they know now.
The Jets are "allegedly" willing to shell out big picks to move UP to take the third best QB. If that's the case, then why would it be any different than Cleveland taking Barkley #1 and getting a shot at 3 of the top 5 QBs without giving up a thing?
You get the RB to go with Taylor, Gordon, Landry and Njoku- for now AND you get to take a highly rated QB prospect, one that 25% of the people believe should be the #1 overall(exactly the same ratio as the other 4 QBs) at #4...
Yes, I know where they were actually drafted... this redraft was with knowing what they know now. The Jets are "allegedly" willing to shell out big picks to move UP to take the third best QB.
If that's the case, then why would it be any different than Cleveland taking Barkley #1 and getting a shot at 3 of the top 5 QBs without giving up a thing?
You get the RB to go with Taylor, Gordon, Landry and Njoku- for now AND you get to take a highly rated QB prospect, one that 25% of the people believe should be the #1 overall(exactly the same ratio as the other 4 QBs) at #4...
Why are we going to take our QB at #1 overall? Did you ever consider Dorsey may not be thinking, and have his QBs rated differently than the Jets? Because- besides the Jets (and\or the Bills, Broncos moving to #2) might take the guy he really wants? And with Carlos Hyde on board, it's probably not Saquon. BTW, Dorsey isn't "one of the people", he's not showing his cards yet- because he doesn't have to. What 25\25\25\25% of "the people" think will have zero influence on who he picks.
The Giants currently staying at #2 should tell you one of the following- they either have a player or two in mind, the Jets offer wasn't rich enough, or they're going to wait until the Browns make their pick to wheel and deal. (if they're trading down- it's a two way street, the team that's trading up will want to be sure the guy they want wasn't taken by the Browns.)
That the Browns turned the Jets down, means about exactly the same. You don't make a near sell the ranch trade to move up into the top three- especially to take a running back. Just forget it that the Jets are thinking anything else than QB.
In that case you would be wrong. Trust me, you'll see.
Just like Hue said "trust me" on Kessler".
-
In the latest mock draft as of 5 hours ago...
Cleveland takes Ronald McDarnold #1.
--2. New York Giants -- Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
With new decision-makers (general manager and head coach) in New York, there is a favorable chance this pick will be a quarterback or traded. But if this regime truly believes in Eli Manning as "the guy" for the next few seasons, Barkley and his impact would aid the quarterback more than anyone else at this selection.
---------------------------------------------
In this scenario it's supposing that the NY is going to run Eli "for the next few seasons"... How about Tyrod Taylor getting an impact player? No? Cleveland loves misery...
-
How about we don't use the #1 overall pick on a position that has repeatedly shown to have talent in the later rounds?
-
How about we don't use the #1 overall pick on a position that has repeatedly shown to have talent in the later rounds?
How about we don't use the #1 overall pick on a position that has repeatedly shown to have talent in the later rounds?
You mean like the 2017 redraft proved?
BRILLIANT!
-
How about we don't use the #1 overall pick on a position that has repeatedly shown to have talent in the later rounds?
How about we don't use the #1 overall pick on a position that has repeatedly shown to have talent in the later rounds?
Guice, Michel, Penny, Chubb, Jones, Johnson., Ballage. Most will be there when they pick in the 2nd rd.
-
How about we don't use the #1 overall pick on a position that has repeatedly shown to have talent in the later rounds?
Guice, Michel, Penny, Chubb, Jones, Johnson., Ballage. Most will be there when they pick in the 2nd rd.
-
My sleeper..Ballage. I think he'll be around Day 3.
I get college stats should not be the tell all. but 450 carries, 1984 yards, sounds like ASU only let Kalen carry the mail to 27 TD's..At least his College coach(s) kept him fresh for NFL coaches..but he'd fit the Crow 4.3/carry with limited coaching workload's..(welcome Todd Haley,bring a bigger boat)
-
The scary thing there they're hyping this group as maybe three in the top 10 or so even higher expectations than that bust class. I wonder if they drop some draft day?
1. 2011 - Busts (pick): Jake Locker (8th), Blaine Gabbert (10th), Christian Ponder (12th)
We will have to really give it 5-7 years to decide if this draft class is 1983/2004ish....or 2011/1999ish
We will have to really give it 5-7 years to decide if this draft class is 1983/2004ish....or 2011/1999ish
The Cleveland Browns aren't exactly known for giving anybody a five - 7 year leash.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
