Skip to content

Who does this sound like?

The Browns Board
12 12 646
  • Mayfield: If anyone's going to turn Browns around, it's me

    Michael McClymontMar 2 2018, 2:19 PM

    Baker Mayfield hopes to distance himself from Johnny Manziel, but he doesn't mind following his path to the NFL.

    Speaking Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine, Mayfield said he wouldn't mind being selected by the Cleveland Browns, and even relishes the opportunity to help the downtrodden franchise.

    "If anyone's gonna turn them around, it's me," Mayfield said at his media availability. "They're close."

    Doesnt this guy have a few attitude question marks?

    pass...easily.    The fact that he thinks “we’re close” makes me chuckle

    @kvoethe said:

    Mayfield: If anyone's going to turn Browns around, it's me

    Michael McClymontMar 2 2018, 2:19 PM

    Baker Mayfield hopes to distance himself from Johnny Manziel, but he doesn't mind following his path to the NFL.

    Speaking Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine, Mayfield said he wouldn't mind being selected by the Cleveland Browns, and even relishes the opportunity to help the downtrodden franchise.

    "If anyone's gonna turn them around, it's me," Mayfield said at his media availability. "They're close."

    Doesnt this guy have a few attitude question marks?

    pass...easily.    The fact that he thinks “we’re close” makes me chuckle

    Well we drafted Johnny Manziel in round 1 and received Johnny Blutarsky instead so I have to say Chemical Dependency is the major difference I see in the 2. Also 1 kid was a brat that had everything handed to him where the other has had to earn everything he accomplished in 2 different programs.  I get the feeling we'll be able to tell what one appreciates his NFL opportunity more but I've been wrong before. 

    And do we really want a QB showing up here without confidence? 

  • He's everything I want in a QB. Yeah, he's small. Don't care. He puts the ball on the money and he's got the heart of a lion. He gets the ball out, can work the middle with expertise, and he wants nothing more to prove he's the guy who can turn it all around. I've long said that the person who finally gets us going is going to be special. The kind of guy who won't accept losing. Someone who wears their heart on their sleeve and has the stones to make plays when we need them. I don't need the guy who can throw the ball over the mountains. I don't want the guy who has played QB for 3 years and has a problem with turnovers. Don't need the guy with concussion history either. Pick Baker at 1 and if Saquon is there at 4, we can talk.  

  • Going into the combine I wanted the Browns to draft Rosen, but after the combine I believe Mayfield is the top QB prospect.

  • Im shifting to Camp Mayfield, one of the things that caught my eye at the combine is he didn't look small next to the other QB's.

  • If Josh Allen also rocks his pro day, I'm with Josh Allen,

    UNLESS, we don't get a veteran qb to play ahead of him the first year.

    Then, I'd go Mayfield. Darnold disappointed me not throwing.

    Allen had to work on changing his footwork, and Mayock noted that he really did already.

    But I have no idea what they are going to do. Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, Barkley, Chubb, Minkah, etc etc.

  • It doesn't hurt that he's the most accurate of college QB's and the most highly rated of PFF.  This would be a breath of fresh completion air after the last few seasons.

  • It doesn't hurt that he's the most accurate of college QB's and the most highly rated of PFF.  This would be a breath of fresh completion air after the last few seasons.

    @unsympathetic said:

    It doesn't hurt that he's the most accurate of college QB's and the most highly rated of PFF.  This would be a breath of fresh completion air after the last few seasons.

    Interesting fact: Brandon Weeden had a higher completion % in college than Baker Mayfield did. 

  • Bring back the red rifle 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    It doesn't hurt that he's the most accurate of college QB's and the most highly rated of PFF.  This would be a breath of fresh completion air after the last few seasons.

    Interesting fact: Brandon Weeden had a higher completion % in college than Baker Mayfield did. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Interesting fact: Brandon Weeden had a higher completion % in college than Baker Mayfield did. 

    Jonnie Football was no slouch either.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Mayfield: If anyone's going to turn Browns around, it's me

    Michael McClymontMar 2 2018, 2:19 PM

    Baker Mayfield hopes to distance himself from Johnny Manziel, but he doesn't mind following his path to the NFL.

    Speaking Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine, Mayfield said he wouldn't mind being selected by the Cleveland Browns, and even relishes the opportunity to help the downtrodden franchise.

    "If anyone's gonna turn them around, it's me," Mayfield said at his media availability. "They're close."

    Doesnt this guy have a few attitude question marks?

    pass...easily.    The fact that he thinks “we’re close” makes me chuckle

    Well we drafted Johnny Manziel in round 1 and received Johnny Blutarsky instead so I have to say Chemical Dependency is the major difference I see in the 2. Also 1 kid was a brat that had everything handed to him where the other has had to earn everything he accomplished in 2 different programs.  I get the feeling we'll be able to tell what one appreciates his NFL opportunity more but I've been wrong before. 

    And do we really want a QB showing up here without confidence? 

    @flugel said:

    Well we drafted Johnny Manziel in round 1 and received Johnny Blutarsky instead so I have to say Chemical Dependency is the major difference I see in the 2. Also 1 kid was a brat that had everything handed to him where the other has had to earn everything he accomplished in 2 different programs.  I get the feeling we'll be able to tell what one appreciates his NFL opportunity more but I've been wrong before. 

    And do we really want a QB showing up here without confidence? 

    I think Johnny had mental disorders. I don't think it had much to do with chemical dependency. I know people and have worked with some who have been bipolar. Also head dependency issues but the bipolar is what screwed everything up. Drunk or not. No way to of known that up front and I think it's a pretty rare instance.

    Unfortunately the tendency for some of you guys is to assume that anybody on Earth who's ever had a brush with the law or passed out drunk at one time or another is the same as Johnny.

    I'm not necessarily saying that Mayfield is my choice for quarterback but I like the kid and I wouldn't be opposed to it. My only question is will that accuracy pay off in the NFL when the Defenders are four inches taller than they were in college.

    WSS