Skip to content

Today's Thought...

The Browns Board
51 20 2.6k
  • @tacosman said:

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    Landry has 9 yards per catch... On 2017 with Jay Cutler. With Tannehill, who is not an elite quaterback, he had 9.5 in 2015 and 12.1 in 2016, and he was gaining YPC since his rookie year. 

    Do you know who has similar stats? Julian Edelman. With Tom Brady throwing at him. 

    Don't you like to have a Julian Edelman-like player in the Browns?

    @nero said:

    Landry has 9 yards per catch... On 2017 with Jay Cutler. With Tannehill, who is not an elite quaterback, he had 9.5 in 2015 and 12.1 in 2016, and he was gaining YPC since his rookie year. 

    Do you know who has similar stats? Julian Edelman. With Tom Brady throwing at him. 

    Don't you like to have a Julian Edelman-like player in the Browns?

    1) Edelman's advanced stats are somewhat better

    2) Edelman, for as much as I like him, also isn't someone who is worth franchise tag wide reciever money.  Going into the year next year he will be the third best option in the passing game on that team.  You wouldn't give franchise tag money to the third best option in the passing game on a team

  • The Cleveland Browns have announced that there will be no trades today 🙂

    @darren15 said:

    The Cleveland Browns have announced that there will be no trades today 🙂

    Geeeezzzz I was already getting used to this amazing, fast paced drama of wheeling and dealing.......after many years of not wheeling and dealing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And who give a shite what the Dolphins motivations were.   The Browns have now obtained last year NFL leader in receptions.  That is all that matters.

    Are you going to yipe about the Dolphins motivations...or the money the Browns pay him.... if Landry catches 100 balls for the Browns?

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    @tacosman said:

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    What he is is a reliable pass catcher,   a reliable first down maker.  

    Fuyuck, hell no...that is not something the Browns need.  Lets just keep going 3 and out because we do not have a reliable guy to catch those 3rd down passes.   Let's not do anything that....god forbid, might help us control a clock...or matriculate the ball down the field...or win.

  • @tacosman said:

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    What he is is a reliable pass catcher,   a reliable first down maker.  

    Fuyuck, hell no...that is not something the Browns need.  Lets just keep going 3 and out because we do not have a reliable guy to catch those 3rd down passes.   Let's not do anything that....god forbid, might help us control a clock...or matriculate the ball down the field...or win.

    @the-gipper said:

    What he is is a reliable pass catcher,   a reliable first down maker.  

    Fuyuck, hell no...that is not something the Browns need.  Lets just keep going 3 and out because we do not have a reliable guy to catch those 3rd down passes.   Let's not do anything that....god forbid, might help us control a clock...or matriculate the ball down the field...or win.

    Those advanced metrics Taco keeps referring to are what got Sashi ridden out of town, why he though Kenny Britt was a good idea. 6 ypc looks mighty good to me on 3rd and five....   

  • As a Vikings fan I want to wish you guys good luck! The Browns have been a dumpster fire and you guys deserve better. 

    @bob-wiley said:

    As a Vikings fan I want to wish you guys good luck! The Browns have been a dumpster fire and you guys deserve better. 

    Go count all of your championship rings, asshole.

    Zombo

  • @bob-wiley said:

    As a Vikings fan I want to wish you guys good luck! The Browns have been a dumpster fire and you guys deserve better. 

    Go count all of your championship rings, asshole.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Go count all of your championship rings, pooper.

    Zombo

    81DFDndTFOL._SL1500_.jpg

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    There was nothing disrespectful or inaccurate about what you wrote, Bob.

  • @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

    @stinkhole said:

    No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

    We prefer to think of it as a Bar-B-Q that will eventually serve up good stuff.😛

  • Anyway, I love that your ownership is being aggressive to improve your club. Good luck in the draft too.

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    No.....what we have here is this:

    The toughest fans in sports:  Browns fans

    The Stupidest fans in sports:   Steeler fans

    The Meanest fans in sports:   Eagles fans

    The Whiniest fans in sports:  Patriot fans...followed closely by Jets fans

    The most Forlorn fans in sports:  Vikings or Lions fans

    The team with the most FrontRunnerAssKisser fans:   Cowboys...followed closely by Steelers

    The most Fuycked over fans in sports:  Raiders fans  (because they keep moving)

    The most Fair weather fans:    probably  49ers?  or any team located in LA

    The fans that are mostly just Goobers and Gomers:   Bengals fans

    The most gutless fans in sports:   Ravens fans

    The most passionate fans, except for Browns fans:   Packer fans.....followed by Chiefs fans

    I am sure some other teams fans can fit into other categories...but these will do for now.

  • @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    No.....what we have here is this:

    The toughest fans in sports:  Browns fans

    The Stupidest fans in sports:   Steeler fans

    The Meanest fans in sports:   Eagles fans

    The Whiniest fans in sports:  Patriot fans...followed closely by Jets fans

    The most Forlorn fans in sports:  Vikings or Lions fans

    The team with the most FrontRunnerAssKisser fans:   Cowboys...followed closely by Steelers

    The most Fuycked over fans in sports:  Raiders fans  (because they keep moving)

    The most Fair weather fans:    probably  49ers?  or any team located in LA

    The fans that are mostly just Goobers and Gomers:   Bengals fans

    The most gutless fans in sports:   Ravens fans

    The most passionate fans, except for Browns fans:   Packer fans.....followed by Chiefs fans

    I am sure some other teams fans can fit into other categories...but these will do for now.

    @the-gipper said:

    No.....what we have here is this:

    The toughest fans in sports:  Browns fans

    The Stupidest fans in sports:   Steeler fans

    The Meanest fans in sports:   Eagles fans

    The Whiniest fans in sports:  Patriot fans...followed closely by Jets fans

    The most Forlorn fans in sports:  Vikings or Lions fans

    The team with the most FrontRunnerAssKisser fans:   Cowboys...followed closely by Steelers

    The most Fuycked over fans in sports:  Raiders fans  (because they keep moving)

    The most Fair weather fans:    probably  49ers?  or any team located in LA

    The fans that are mostly just Goobers and Gomers:   Bengals fans

    The most gutless fans in sports:   Ravens fans

    The most passionate fans, except for Browns fans:   Packer fans.....followed by Chiefs fans

    I am sure some other teams fans can fit into other categories...but these will do for now.

    Most loyal by continued season tickets always at a premium regardless of record. Broncos fans.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No.....what we have here is this:

    The toughest fans in sports:  Browns fans

    The Stupidest fans in sports:   Steeler fans

    The Meanest fans in sports:   Eagles fans

    The Whiniest fans in sports:  Patriot fans...followed closely by Jets fans

    The most Forlorn fans in sports:  Vikings or Lions fans

    The team with the most FrontRunnerAssKisser fans:   Cowboys...followed closely by Steelers

    The most Fuycked over fans in sports:  Raiders fans  (because they keep moving)

    The most Fair weather fans:    probably  49ers?  or any team located in LA

    The fans that are mostly just Goobers and Gomers:   Bengals fans

    The most gutless fans in sports:   Ravens fans

    The most passionate fans, except for Browns fans:   Packer fans.....followed by Chiefs fans

    I am sure some other teams fans can fit into other categories...but these will do for now.

    Most loyal by continued season tickets always at a premium regardless of record. Broncos fans.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Most loyal by continued season tickets always at a premium regardless of record. Broncos fans.

    Bovine Shizer....when is the last time the Broncos fans endured a prolonged shitestorm of a team like the Browns fans have?  

    The Broncos have not had 2 losing seasons in a row since the early 1970s.

    Let them go the next decade with 3-13, 4-12 records...like they did in the 1960s....then let us know.  

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

    Zombo

  • @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

    Zombo

    8 titles to -0-.......but to be fair.....since the creation of the Vikings.....that score is only Browns 1  Vikings -0-.  

    But I guess the Browns may be up on the Vikings in this regard:  they have -0- Super Bowl losses....Vikings have 4.    But..DOH!...of course the Browns have no losses...nor wins either.  

    That said....I would go easy on the Vikings and their fans.   After all.....its not like they are Steeler/Bengal/Raven/Cowboy  or a few other arsebag fan bases.   They are a pretty good group. 

  • @stinkhole said:

    No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

    We prefer to think of it as a Bar-B-Q that will eventually serve up good stuff.😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    We prefer to think of it as a Bar-B-Q that will eventually serve up good stuff.😛

    We been marinating for a L O N G time.

  • @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

    Zombo

    Alright, I’ll play. 

    You can’t even take a good luck wish can you? You’re one of those guys that says “we” when talking about the Browns...like you’re out on the field...like you are making tackles, right? You sit in your basement watching the game, in your helmet, don’t you?

    Ok, for the fun of it, let’s look at the teams.

    last year- Vikings 13-3, Browns 0-16

    year before, Vikings 8-8, Browns 1-15

    year before that, Vikings 11-5, Browns, 3-13

    in fact that last time “ your” team was above .500 was 2007

    the last time “you” were in the Super Bowl - never

    last time the Browns were champion, 1964... 54 years ago! That’s what you are hanging on to? 54 years ago? Do you also go up to Germans and yell, “we kicked your ash in WWII!? 

    😆

    the last time the Browns were even any good at all, Vinnie was you’re quarterback!!

    before that Brian Sipe!

    so you keep pining for the 60’s, while I enjoy Kirk Cousins leading the Vikings on yet another successful season throwing to two All Pro receivers, backed up by another top 5 Defense.

    your turn...

  • Zombo said:

    The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

    Zombo

    Alright, I’ll play. 

    You can’t even take a good luck wish can you? You’re one of those guys that says “we” when talking about the Browns...like you’re out on the field...like you are making tackles, right? You sit in your basement watching the game, in your helmet, don’t you?

    Ok, for the fun of it, let’s look at the teams.

    last year- Vikings 13-3, Browns 0-16

    year before, Vikings 8-8, Browns 1-15

    year before that, Vikings 11-5, Browns, 3-13

    in fact that last time “ your” team was above .500 was 2007

    the last time “you” were in the Super Bowl - never

    last time the Browns were champion, 1964... 54 years ago! That’s what you are hanging on to? 54 years ago? Do you also go up to Germans and yell, “we kicked your ash in WWII!? 

    😆

    the last time the Browns were even any good at all, Vinnie was you’re quarterback!!

    before that Brian Sipe!

    so you keep pining for the 60’s, while I enjoy Kirk Cousins leading the Vikings on yet another successful season throwing to two All Pro receivers, backed up by another top 5 Defense.

    your turn...

    @bob-wiley said:

    Alright, I’ll play. 

    You can’t even take a good luck wish can you? You’re one of those guys that says “we” when talking about the Browns...like you’re out on the field...like you are making tackles, right? You sit in your basement watching the game, in your helmet, don’t you?

    Ok, for the fun of it, let’s look at the teams.

    last year- Vikings 13-3, Browns 0-16

    year before, Vikings 8-8, Browns 1-15

    year before that, Vikings 11-5, Browns, 3-13

    in fact that last time “ your” team was above .500 was 2007

    the last time “you” were in the Super Bowl - never

    last time the Browns were champion, 1964... 54 years ago! That’s what you are hanging on to? 54 years ago? Do you also go up to Germans and yell, “we kicked your ash in WWII!? 

    😆

    the last time the Browns were even any good at all, Vinnie was you’re quarterback!!

    before that Brian Sipe!

    so you keep pining for the 60’s, while I enjoy Kirk Cousins leading the Vikings on yet another successful season throwing to two All Pro receivers, backed up by another top 5 Defense.

    your turn...

    Browns 8 Championships

    Vikings 0 Championships

    vk4JAXM.gif

  • Zombo said:

    The Cleveland Browns are a far more successful franchise than the Vikings, deal with it, Bitch.

    Zombo

    Alright, I’ll play. 

    You can’t even take a good luck wish can you? You’re one of those guys that says “we” when talking about the Browns...like you’re out on the field...like you are making tackles, right? You sit in your basement watching the game, in your helmet, don’t you?

    Ok, for the fun of it, let’s look at the teams.

    last year- Vikings 13-3, Browns 0-16

    year before, Vikings 8-8, Browns 1-15

    year before that, Vikings 11-5, Browns, 3-13

    in fact that last time “ your” team was above .500 was 2007

    the last time “you” were in the Super Bowl - never

    last time the Browns were champion, 1964... 54 years ago! That’s what you are hanging on to? 54 years ago? Do you also go up to Germans and yell, “we kicked your ash in WWII!? 

    😆

    the last time the Browns were even any good at all, Vinnie was you’re quarterback!!

    before that Brian Sipe!

    so you keep pining for the 60’s, while I enjoy Kirk Cousins leading the Vikings on yet another successful season throwing to two All Pro receivers, backed up by another top 5 Defense.

    your turn...

    @bob-wiley said:

    Alright, I’ll play. 

    You can’t even take a good luck wish can you? You’re one of those guys that says “we” when talking about the Browns...like you’re out on the field...like you are making tackles, right? You sit in your basement watching the game, in your helmet, don’t you?

    Ok, for the fun of it, let’s look at the teams.

    last year- Vikings 13-3, Browns 0-16

    year before, Vikings 8-8, Browns 1-15

    year before that, Vikings 11-5, Browns, 3-13

    in fact that last time “ your” team was above .500 was 2007

    the last time “you” were in the Super Bowl - never

    last time the Browns were champion, 1964... 54 years ago! That’s what you are hanging on to? 54 years ago? Do you also go up to Germans and yell, “we kicked your ash in WWII!? 

    😆

    the last time the Browns were even any good at all, Vinnie was you’re quarterback!!

    before that Brian Sipe!

    so you keep pining for the 60’s, while I enjoy Kirk Cousins leading the Vikings on yet another successful season throwing to two All Pro receivers, backed up by another top 5 Defense.

    your turn...

    OK...

    Cousins has a worse winning pct. than the guy we just got.    Taylor is 23-20 as a starter.  Cousins is 26-30-1.   Cousins is NO proven winner....certainly no more than Taylor.   Taylor could be every bit as good as Cousins....at winning.  

    Vikings had  Theilen as a  second team All Pro.  That counts as one...not two.  Maybe you meant Pro Bowler.  But no....Thielen was the only one of those as well.    Josh Gordon...HAS been an actual 1st team All Pro....and could possibly be again.  He was the best receiver in the game before his problems...yet he is still here.   And Landry has made the Pro Bowl team for like 3 years running.  

    Who, really was the Vikings last good QB?   It was probably semi-washed up  40 year old Brett Favre...who you rented from your biggest rival.  Imagine the Browns signing Ben Roethlisberger when he is 40.  

    As for history....at least we have the 60s...and 50s...and 40s.    Vikings got no titles.   Sure, 7 of 8 Browns titles came before the birth of Vikings...but hell....at least we have had one during that period.  (and yes...I AM old enough to remember it).   Can you remember a Vikings  championship?  No.

    As for the defense.  Yea, OK....the Vikings defense this past year was much better.  Pretty much the best in the league.   But, for the future, the Browns have a lot of good pieces in place.  And the defense this past year wasn't so bad.   They actually ranked in the top half in yards given up:   14th.