Skip to content

Browns Board March Madness

The Browns Board
77 11 4.7k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Meanwhile back at the brackets...

    I got Buffaloed... 🙁

  • Meanwhile back at the brackets...

    I got Buffaloed... 🙁

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile back at the brackets...

    I got Buffaloed... 🙁

    So did a lot of people like Sir Charles Barkley (not the PSU RB).  I resisted moving them up. Oh go T A&M and PUR right now, MST later!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I've always thought hitting the Elite 8 and Final 4 was critical to winning this thing:

    Default Scoring (Points by Round)
    Round Points Per Correct Pick Points Possible Best Possible Score
    Round of 64 1 point 32 points 32 points
    Round of 32 2 points 32 points 64 points
    Sweet 16 4 points 32 points 96 points
    Elite Eight 8 points 32 points 128 points
    Final Four 16 points 32 points 160 points
    Championship 32 points 32 points 192 points
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    One "major" upset today:   #13 seed Marshall beats #4 seed Wichita St.

    Minor upset:   10 seed Butler beats 7 seed  Arkansas.......but I predicted that one.  

    I just wish Effing Duke, NC, KY, Kansas would all lose.   

    But the NCAA won't allow that because they want to keep their ratings up there.

  • Meanwhile back at the brackets...

    I got Buffaloed... 🙁

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile back at the brackets...

    I got Buffaloed... 🙁

    Many got M A C'd..have a McDouble

    @the-gipper said:

      I just wish Effing Duke, NC, would all lose.   

    But the NCAA won't allow that because they want to keep their ratings up there.

    Easy fella,Andy Griffin from Mayberry reruns get old around these parts..it's our Basketball Bowl..

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    SPORTS History made tonight.

    #16 beats a 31-2 #1 team......and Cincinnati just got a big gift to go to the final four. 

  • SPORTS History made tonight.

    #16 beats a 31-2 #1 team......and Cincinnati just got a big gift to go to the final four. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @mjp28 said:

    SPORTS History made tonight.

    #16 beats a 31-2 #1 team......and Cincinnati just got a big gift to go to the final four. 

    #1 teams were 135-0 going into that game vs #16s... And it wasn't even close, Virginia lost by 20! 

  • @mjp28 said:

    SPORTS History made tonight.

    #16 beats a 31-2 #1 team......and Cincinnati just got a big gift to go to the final four. 

    #1 teams were 135-0 going into that game vs #16s... And it wasn't even close, Virginia lost by 20! 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    #1 teams were 135-0 going into that game vs #16s... And it wasn't even close, Virginia lost by 20! 

    I saw the Miracle on Ice, Douglas-Tyson and others but this was unreal.

    Destroyed the brackets, I had vagina going to the final two.....and still am in 1st, whoa.

    Zombo Just got a BIG gift, Cincinnati has clear sailing to the final four now.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Quick fact- Do you know what else will make Sports History? The next time the Browns earn a Victory. Sad but True. 

  • Quick fact- Do you know what else will make Sports History? The next time the Browns earn a Victory. Sad but True. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @poeticg said:

    Quick fact- Do you know what else will make Sports History? The next time the Browns earn a Victory. Sad but True. 

    More like if the BROWNS keep losing until they win. The losses are truly historic.

  • @poeticg said:

    Quick fact- Do you know what else will make Sports History? The next time the Browns earn a Victory. Sad but True. 

    More like if the BROWNS keep losing until they win. The losses are truly historic.

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mjp28 said:

    More like if the BROWNS keep losing until they win. The losses are truly historic.

    I was actually sorta kinda thinking that they may finally win their season opener this year. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    #1 teams were 135-0 going into that game vs #16s... And it wasn't even close, Virginia lost by 20! 

    I saw the Miracle on Ice, Douglas-Tyson and others but this was unreal.

    Destroyed the brackets, I had vagina going to the final two.....and still am in 1st, whoa.

    Zombo Just got a BIG gift, Cincinnati has clear sailing to the final four now.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @mjp28 said:

    I saw the Miracle on Ice, Douglas-Tyson and others but this was unreal.

    Destroyed the brackets, I had vagina going to the final two.....and still am in 1st, whoa.

    Zombo Just got a BIG gift, Cincinnati has clear sailing to the final four now.

    Watched the highlights- those guys shot the lights out from three land. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    I saw the Miracle on Ice, Douglas-Tyson and others but this was unreal.

    Destroyed the brackets, I had vagina going to the final two.....and still am in 1st, whoa.

    Zombo Just got a BIG gift, Cincinnati has clear sailing to the final four now.

    Watched the highlights- those guys shot the lights out from three land. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #30

    @hoorta said:

    Watched the highlights- those guys shot the lights out from three land. 

    It was tied at halftime. Virginia just went to sleep and mailed it in. Just got derailed by the postman that's all.😆

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Zombo said:

    Well, ugly first couple of days ... but with all of the destruction, I only lost two of my Sweet 16 (Virginia and Witchita St.) and none of my Elite 8 ... So I'm in for the long run...

    Zombo

    I liked Cincinnati -but- no way they'd get by Virginia.......oooops #1 now 135-1.

    You might have the best final two, except Michigan State will beat Cincinnati. (I think.) 😆

  • @mjp28 said:

    More like if the BROWNS keep losing until they win. The losses are truly historic.

    I was actually sorta kinda thinking that they may finally win their season opener this year. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #32

    @poeticg said:

    I was actually sorta kinda thinking that they may finally win their season opener this year. 

    You mean these Steelers to lose to these BROWNS?  Well there still is the draft.

    Steelers - Roethlisberger, A. Brown,  L. Bell vs BROWNS - TBD

    ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 AFC CHAMPIONSHIP (1/19/19) - from vegasinsider.com naturally. 
    Team Odds
    New England Patriots 12/5
    Pittsburgh Steelers 5/1
    Houston Texans 10/1
    Jacksonville Jaguars 10/1
    Oakland Raiders 13/1
    Los Angeles Chargers 14/1
    Kansas City Chiefs 16/1
    Baltimore Ravens 18/1
    Denver Broncos 18/1
    Indianapolis Colts 20/1
    Tennessee Titans 25/1
    Cincinnati Bengals 40/1
    Buffalo Bills 50/1
    Miami Dolphins 50/1
    New York Jets 50/1
    Cleveland Browns 60/1
     
    How To Bet NFL Futures

    The “Odds to Win” wager in pro football is also commonly referred to as a future wager. Bettors must correctly select a team to win an event that takes place a later time. The money wagered will be tied up until there is an outcome and bettors will receive fixed odds when they place the wager. The future odds are normally updated on a weekly basis and wagers can be placed throughout the season.

  • Zombo said:

    Well, ugly first couple of days ... but with all of the destruction, I only lost two of my Sweet 16 (Virginia and Witchita St.) and none of my Elite 8 ... So I'm in for the long run...

    Zombo

    I liked Cincinnati -but- no way they'd get by Virginia.......oooops #1 now 135-1.

    You might have the best final two, except Michigan State will beat Cincinnati. (I think.) 😆

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #33

    @mjp28 said:

    I liked Cincinnati -but- no way they'd get by Virginia.......oooops #1 now 135-1.

    You might have the best final two, except Michigan State will beat Cincinnati. (I think.) 😆

    Oh we have three of the final four identically the same MST, GONZ, PUR and you have CIN and I have MST for the 32 point National Champions! Stay tuned. 😉

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Normally if you're good on the E8 and F4 you're in good shape, this year it might come down to the final pick unless they are the same.

    Elite Eight 8 points 32 points 128 points
    Final Four 16 points 32 points 160 points
    Championship 32 points 32 points 192 points
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    The good news is I did not have Virginia in the Final Four...

    The bad news in I had Arizona beating them in Round 3.

    A quadrant is a terrible thing to waste.

    Still... as low as my point total currently places me, my point potential hasn't been bashed as badly as many of the "current leaders".

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Those who had either  Kentucky or Cincinnati to come out of that bracket are pretty happy at this point. 

  • The good news is I did not have Virginia in the Final Four...

    The bad news in I had Arizona beating them in Round 3.

    A quadrant is a terrible thing to waste.

    Still... as low as my point total currently places me, my point potential hasn't been bashed as badly as many of the "current leaders".

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tour2ma said:

    The good news is I did not have Virginia in the Final Four...

    The bad news in I had Arizona beating them in Round 3.

    A quadrant is a terrible thing to waste.

    Still... as low as my point total currently places me, my point potential hasn't been bashed as badly as many of the "current leaders".

    A lot of early leaders just pick 1 point easy favorites the real value comes later, I'd rather have potential points. 

    GO BIG TEN!