Skip to content

Browns Board March Madness

The Browns Board
77 11 4.7k
  • Xoly crap, the best seed left in the West is......#3 Michigan?  Are you kidding me? Who'd pick them?  😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Xoly crap, the best seed left in the West is......#3 Michigan?  Are you kidding me? Who'd pick them?  😆

    What you didn't like my Aggies blowing out #2 seed North Carolina in Charlotte? They were en fuego as they say in Spain.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Who'd pick them?  😆

    You rang??? 😉

    At this point there are no winners... only a survivor. Never seen anything close to the 2018 bracket carnage.

    @tour2ma said:

    You rang??? 😉

    At this point there are no winners... only a survivor. Never seen anything close to the 2018 bracket carnage.

    I've been doing this for awhile and have never seen anything like 2018 and that's just getting to the Sweet 16......amazing. 

  • And a little child (freshman) shall lead them.

  • I just want Kentucky, Duke and Kansas to lose.

  • Zombo said:

    The Bearcats were set up for a cakewalk to the Final Four ... and they lose a 22 point lead to Nevada???

    giphy.gif

    First... best Seinfeld episode ever.

    I was watching Cinci game. When it and the other late game were well in hand, I got bored and switched to do a little gaming. lol

  • I just want Kentucky, Duke and Kansas to lose.

    @the-gipper said:

    I just want Kentucky, Duke and Kansas to lose.

    And it will be the lowest rated March Madness ever. Even Villanova needs to win.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I just want Kentucky, Duke and Kansas to lose.

    And it will be the lowest rated March Madness ever. Even Villanova needs to win.

    @mjp28 said:

    And it will be the lowest rated March Madness ever. Even Villanova needs to win.

    Who gives a shite about ratings?  Only the networks so they can make money.  I am interested in competitive balance.   Having Purdue, Texas A&M, West Virginia and Gonzaga in the Final Four would be just as compelling as having those other boring teams in. 

    If Duke, Kansas, Kentucky are in it...I WON"T watch it..    But if those other teams are in...I will.   So much for your ratings theory.

  • March Madness. My second favorite event of year right after Beanie Baby collecting.

    😆

    WSS

  • March Madness. My second favorite event of year right after Beanie Baby collecting.

    😆

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    March Madness. My second favorite event of year right after Beanie Baby collecting.

    😆

    WSS

    It can be one of the most fun sports times of the year.....but as I have said, my interest in it has waned because of the Blue Blood hegemony in the sport....

    And as appears possible...this FBI investigation may in fact uncover evidence that those programs are Cheating to a vast extent.  If you don't think that Calipari, and Williams and Coach K are not handing 100K bills to recruits.... well, I think that anyone would be a pollyanna not to believe so.   Sean Miller and Pitino are certainly not aberrations. 

  • Further....I am all in favor of a change to the rules.   The one and done specifically.   Now, to be sure, this is not an NCAA rule, but an NBA/NBA players association rule.  They need to go to more of the system they have in baseball:

    If you want to go pro out of high school...then you should be able to.  Even if that means you go to the D League...or whatever their minor league is called.  Some kids just don't belong in college...including many of the top basketball players coming out of High School.

    BUT...if you do sign to play for a college...you are in it for a minimum 3 years.  As noted, they do this in baseball....and of course the NFL rule is this (except that football players have no minor league to go play in.....so they are stuck offering their talents to colleges).

  • March Madness. My second favorite event of year right after Beanie Baby collecting.

    😆

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    March Madness. My second favorite event of year right after Beanie Baby collecting.

    😆

    WSS

    I watch virtually no hoops of any kind now except some lead in conference  championship games and of course the most unique tournament in all of sports MARCH MADNESS.

    Normally not nearly as wild as this year but definitely better than beanie babies or other stuffed animal collecting.

  • OH no... it starts again tomorrow nite doesn't it?

    Will it ever end?

    Oh... the humanity!

  • OH no... it starts again tomorrow nite doesn't it?

    Will it ever end?

    Oh... the humanity!

    @tour2ma said:

    OH no... it starts again tomorrow nite doesn't it?

    Will it ever end?

    Oh... the humanity!

    It will end April 2d.     Its not college basketball that takes so long, it is the NBA playoffs that go on forever and ever, Amen.

  • @tour2ma said:

    OH no... it starts again tomorrow nite doesn't it?

    Will it ever end?

    Oh... the humanity!

    It will end April 2d.     Its not college basketball that takes so long, it is the NBA playoffs that go on forever and ever, Amen.

    @the-gipper said:

    It will end April 2d.     Its not college basketball that takes so long, it is the NBA playoffs that go on forever and ever, Amen.

    Yeah maybe the NBA should be "one and done" to speed things along.....so we can get to the 162 game MLB regular season!  😮

  • Xoly crap, the best seed left in the West is......#3 Michigan?  Are you kidding me? Who'd pick them?  😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Xoly crap, the best seed left in the West is......#3 Michigan?  Are you kidding me? Who'd pick them?  😆

    ........and Michigan marches on together with Purdue representing the BIG TEN! Really?

  • Zombo said:

    Wow, two 9's and an 11 advance ... this is one crazy-butt tournament.

    Zombo

    Does anybody want to win this thing?

    I thought you had a solid Final Two meanwhile Tour will go as far as those Wolverines will take him......and no Cavaliers,  Zags or Buckeyes in the way.

  • It's a Cinderella Story 

      Sweet Home Loyola,Chicago..They share the ball well.Shoot the ball well.Free Throws are free points.Not much they don't do well. With Sister Jean, they on to Icky-gan..

  • This is weird, but I think if my two picks tonite, Nova and Duke, lose... then I win.

  • This is weird, but I think if my two picks tonite, Nova and Duke, lose... then I win.

    @tour2ma said:

    This is weird, but I think if my two picks tonite, Nova and Duke, lose... then I win.

    Yeah how anticlimactic is that. (or are the rest of us just a bunch of weenies?)  😆

    GO BIG TEN!

  • 11. Loyola/ 3. Michigan and 1. Villanova/ 1. Kansas  exciting?

    Oh my very last change was knocking out Villanova for Purdue, some year, huh.