Skip to content

Chris Smith, DE

The Browns Board
17 9 609
  • @dawg2fan said:

    Or Nassib.

    Nassib has at least shown some upside and has one less season under his belt. For the PFF nerds, Nassib was rated out as "average".

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Nassib has at least shown some upside and has one less season under his belt. For the PFF nerds, Nassib was rated out as "average".

    The only thing that matters is what Dorsey thinks.

  • What would this say about going after Chubb with #4?   

    It may say that the Browns don't think he will be there at #4....and they may be right.

  • I just see this guy a a rotational guy and doesn't imply anything about Chubb being there or not. I think its possible as the day unfolds that both Chubb and Barkley will be there at 4. In fact I will state that one of those 2 will be there at 4 for sure. The Jets are probably trading up, the Bill want to trade up, Colts are probably willing partners in a trade back. The Giants not sure they would drop back, Colts I think will, which means Chubb or Barkley will be there at 4.

  • Dorsey is here to spend the money. At least he values winning over draft capital.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Nassib has at least shown some upside and has one less season under his belt. For the PFF nerds, Nassib was rated out as "average".

    The only thing that matters is what Dorsey thinks.

    @dawg2fan said:

    The only thing that matters is what Dorsey thinks.

    Well that goes for everything at this point. Which is a relief.

  • What would this say about going after Chubb with #4?   

    It may say that the Browns don't think he will be there at #4....and they may be right.

    @the-gipper said:

    What would this say about going after Chubb with #4?   

    It may say that the Browns don't think he will be there at #4....and they may be right.

    I don't think Chris Smith, who has had a very average at best career,  would act as a substitute for Chubb. They would more likely search for a pass rusher in the second round if that is their goal if they don't get a shot at Chubb.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What would this say about going after Chubb with #4?   

    It may say that the Browns don't think he will be there at #4....and they may be right.

    I don't think Chris Smith, who has had a very average at best career,  would act as a substitute for Chubb. They would more likely search for a pass rusher in the second round if that is their goal if they don't get a shot at Chubb.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I don't think Chris Smith, who has had a very average at best career,  would act as a substitute for Chubb. They would more likely search for a pass rusher in the second round if that is their goal if they don't get a shot at Chubb.

    Or maybe we're starting to find players that can contribute to winning, and the overall plan instead of just finding "good players". I think we're shaping up to think more smartly, kind of like the Pats do. We're cutting the fat out and finding team players, I like it.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I don't think Chris Smith, who has had a very average at best career,  would act as a substitute for Chubb. They would more likely search for a pass rusher in the second round if that is their goal if they don't get a shot at Chubb.

    Or maybe we're starting to find players that can contribute to winning, and the overall plan instead of just finding "good players". I think we're shaping up to think more smartly, kind of like the Pats do. We're cutting the fat out and finding team players, I like it.

    @stillmotion said:

    Or maybe we're starting to find players that can contribute to winning, and the overall plan instead of just finding "good players". I think we're shaping up to think more smartly, kind of like the Pats do. We're cutting the fat out and finding team players, I like it.

    I hope he pans out into a decent rotational guy. 

  • If that’s the case,then we have a long way to go because there is a lot of fat on this roster 

  • This guy is going to spank your momma.

  • This guy is going to spank your momma.

    @sissyboyfloyd said:

    This guy is going to spank your momma.

    Your momma...or his monkey?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Nassib has at least shown some upside and has one less season under his belt. For the PFF nerds, Nassib was rated out as "average".

    The only thing that matters is what Dorsey thinks.

    I like this signing. Nice value for a situational pass rusher opposite MG or in a NASCAR package.

    @dawg2fan said:

    The only thing that matters is what Dorsey thinks.

    Nothing personal, but anyone posting this should be suspended for a week.