Skip to content

Crowell to the Jets

The Browns Board
51 21 2.0k 1
  • @westside-steve said:

    There are a few good running backs in this draft. Screw the Crow. I've heard too many people bring up too many negative stats about Barkley don't know if it's bull or not.

    WSS

    I’ve watched many “draft guru’s” say Barkley is overrated. He’s a combine freak that played well against bad teams. He didn’t play well against teams with pro players on defense. 

    No way the Browns can take him #1 or #4.  Hopefully Dorsey knows this. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @browns149 said:

    I’ve watched many “draft guru’s” say Barkley is overrated. He’s a combine freak that played well against bad teams. He didn’t play well against teams with pro players on defense. 

    No way the Browns can take him #1 or #4.  Hopefully Dorsey knows this. 

    I mostly agree.  I think if he's there at 4 that we might take him but I certainly wouldn't take him at 1.   Not in a million years.

  • @browns149 said:

    I’ve watched many “draft guru’s” say Barkley is overrated. He’s a combine freak that played well against bad teams. He didn’t play well against teams with pro players on defense. 

    No way the Browns can take him #1 or #4.  Hopefully Dorsey knows this. 

    I mostly agree.  I think if he's there at 4 that we might take him but I certainly wouldn't take him at 1.   Not in a million years.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mark-o said:

    I mostly agree.  I think if he's there at 4 that we might take him but I certainly wouldn't take him at 1.   Not in a million years.

    I don’t think they will take him at 4 if he’s there. RB is a player you can get later. 

    The 2 best RBs this year weren’t even 1st rounders. 

    Take the best Qb #1. And BEST PLAYER #4 

  • S SissyBoyFloyd wrote on last edited by SissyBoyFloyd
    #29

    I will be thrilled with any of these with #4 in this order except for #4 which depends on amount of a haul we could secure.

    1.  Chubb

    2.  Fitzpatrick

    3.  Barkley

    4.  Trade down, but only for 2 R1s or a high R1 & high R2 and hopefully a high pick in 2019.

  • @mark-o said:

    I mostly agree.  I think if he's there at 4 that we might take him but I certainly wouldn't take him at 1.   Not in a million years.

    I don’t think they will take him at 4 if he’s there. RB is a player you can get later. 

    The 2 best RBs this year weren’t even 1st rounders. 

    Take the best Qb #1. And BEST PLAYER #4 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @browns149 said:

    I don’t think they will take him at 4 if he’s there. RB is a player you can get later. 

    The 2 best RBs this year weren’t even 1st rounders. 

    Take the best Qb #1. And BEST PLAYER #4 

    Good point.    And there are a shit ton of RB's in this draft.  I'd still love to see Penny from SDSU in Cleveland and he can be had in the 2nd round.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I bet you $100 the Browns do not draft Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 

    There are a few good running backs in this draft. Screw the Crow. I've heard too many people bring up too many negative stats about Barkley don't know if it's bull or not.

    WSS

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @westside-steve said:

    There are a few good running backs in this draft. Screw the Crow. I've heard too many people bring up too many negative stats about Barkley don't know if it's bull or not.

    WSS

    I actually like Barkley, and think he will be a good to possibly very good NFL RB. 

    But good to possibly very good RBs can be found rather easily beyond the first four draft picks of any draft, and good to possibly very good RBs still have a relatively short shelf life. A Pro-Bowl caliber RB flaming out by his 4th or 5th season is not uncommon.

    It's just not a good investment. 

  • @browns149 said:

    I don’t think they will take him at 4 if he’s there. RB is a player you can get later. 

    The 2 best RBs this year weren’t even 1st rounders. 

    Take the best Qb #1. And BEST PLAYER #4 

    Good point.    And there are a shit ton of RB's in this draft.  I'd still love to see Penny from SDSU in Cleveland and he can be had in the 2nd round.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @mark-o said:

    Good point.    And there are a Sheet ton of RB's in this draft.  I'd still love to see Penny from SDSU in Cleveland and he can be had in the 2nd round.

    Or Guice, or Michel, or Ronald Jones, etc...

  • @mark-o said:

    Good point.    And there are a Sheet ton of RB's in this draft.  I'd still love to see Penny from SDSU in Cleveland and he can be had in the 2nd round.

    Or Guice, or Michel, or Ronald Jones, etc...

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @dutch-oven said:

    Or Guice, or Michel, or Ronald Jones, etc...

    exactly

    Karryon Johnson from Auburn or whatever the hell is name is.  

  • @mark-o said:

    Good point.    And there are a Sheet ton of RB's in this draft.  I'd still love to see Penny from SDSU in Cleveland and he can be had in the 2nd round.

    Or Guice, or Michel, or Ronald Jones, etc...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @dutch-oven said:

    Or Guice, or Michel, or Ronald Jones, etc...

    I don't see the lions passing on any RB in any round..Guice maybe a 1st rounder

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Or Guice, or Michel, or Ronald Jones, etc...

    exactly

    Karryon Johnson from Auburn or whatever the hell is name is.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mark-o said:

    exactly

    Karryon Johnson from Auburn or whatever the hell is name is.  

    There's so many RBs this draft. So many. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Or Guice, or Michel, or Ronald Jones, etc...

    I don't see the lions passing on any RB in any round..Guice maybe a 1st rounder

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @gumby73 said:

    I don't see the lions passing on any RB in any round..Guice maybe a 1st rounder

    The Lions are drafting a RB in every round? 

    That's intriguing! 😆

  • @westside-steve said:

    There are a few good running backs in this draft. Screw the Crow. I've heard too many people bring up too many negative stats about Barkley don't know if it's bull or not.

    WSS

    I actually like Barkley, and think he will be a good to possibly very good NFL RB. 

    But good to possibly very good RBs can be found rather easily beyond the first four draft picks of any draft, and good to possibly very good RBs still have a relatively short shelf life. A Pro-Bowl caliber RB flaming out by his 4th or 5th season is not uncommon.

    It's just not a good investment. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @dutch-oven said:

    I actually like Barkley, and think he will be a good to possibly very good NFL RB. 

    But good to possibly very good RBs can be found rather easily beyond the first four draft picks of any draft, and good to possibly very good RBs still have a relatively short shelf life. A Pro-Bowl caliber RB flaming out by his 4th or 5th season is not uncommon.

    It's just not a good investment. 

    Why do I get the feeling the BROWNS are not done dealing and end up with another R1 pick with their still abundant number of picks.

    .......maybe just the uphoria of what's gone on so far.

  • @gumby73 said:

    I don't see the lions passing on any RB in any round..Guice maybe a 1st rounder

    The Lions are drafting a RB in every round? 

    That's intriguing! 😆

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Lions are drafting a RB in every round? 

    That's intriguing! 😆

    they drafted Barry Sanders & forgot he retired..they can't gain 60 yards a game..Staffords getting banged up with no running game.they may draft 2 if not 3

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The Lions are drafting a RB in every round? 

    That's intriguing! 😆

    they drafted Barry Sanders & forgot he retired..they can't gain 60 yards a game..Staffords getting banged up with no running game.they may draft 2 if not 3

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @gumby73 said:

    they drafted Barry Sanders & forgot he retired..they can't gain 60 yards a game..Staffords getting banged up with no running game.they may draft 2 if not 3

    Have they had a 1000 yard rusher since him?

  • @gumby73 said:

    they drafted Barry Sanders & forgot he retired..they can't gain 60 yards a game..Staffords getting banged up with no running game.they may draft 2 if not 3

    Have they had a 1000 yard rusher since him?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @dutch-oven said:

    Have they had a 1000 yard rusher since him?

    not even close..since 1999 has a bad ring to it..https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/2/10/14571822/detroit-lions-run-game-statistical-breakdown-since-1999-barry-sanders  

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Did you watch Barkley dismantle Ohio State the year they had Big Bad Joey Bosa? 

    Barkley shook Bosa out of his shoes and preceded to hurdle a 6-1 safety... just saying. 

    He's baby powder bitch smacked plenty of NFL worth talent and next year he will bitch slap the league... God willing as a Brown Bomber.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #42

    SB3?

    Saquon "The Brown Bomber" Barkley?

  • SB3?

    Saquon "The Brown Bomber" Barkley?

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @poeticg said:

    SB3?

    Saquon "The Brown Bomber" Barkley?

    His name is "Bark", he belongs in the Browns....

    No Mingo references please

  • @poeticg said:

    SB3?

    Saquon "The Brown Bomber" Barkley?

    His name is "Bark", he belongs in the Browns....

    No Mingo references please

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @stillmotion said:

    His name is "Bark", he belongs in the Browns....

    No Mingo references please

    I was just watching a video and his uncle was a beast professional boxer. He said his dad was also a boxer. He used to box when he was little. Barkley said that it's something that he might get into during the offseason to stay in shape especially towards the latter parts of his career. It's was funny because I was just watching old Paul Brown quotes and interviews and "The Browns being named after the "Brown Bomber", a boxer, was brought up. Funny coincidence. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    There are a few good running backs in this draft. Screw the Crow. I've heard too many people bring up too many negative stats about Barkley don't know if it's bull or not.

    WSS

    I’ve watched many “draft guru’s” say Barkley is overrated. He’s a combine freak that played well against bad teams. He didn’t play well against teams with pro players on defense. 

    No way the Browns can take him #1 or #4.  Hopefully Dorsey knows this. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @browns149 said:

    I’ve watched many “draft guru’s” say Barkley is overrated. He’s a combine freak that played well against bad teams. He didn’t play well against teams with pro players on defense. 

    No way the Browns can take him #1 or #4.  Hopefully Dorsey knows this. 

    Dorsey certainly does. Po, not so much.  

  • @browns149 said:

    I don’t think they will take him at 4 if he’s there. RB is a player you can get later. 

    The 2 best RBs this year weren’t even 1st rounders. 

    Take the best Qb #1. And BEST PLAYER #4 

    Good point.    And there are a shit ton of RB's in this draft.  I'd still love to see Penny from SDSU in Cleveland and he can be had in the 2nd round.

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mark-o said:

    Good point.    And there are a Sheet ton of RB's in this draft.  I'd still love to see Penny from SDSU in Cleveland and he can be had in the 2nd round.

    Penny is going to be the steal of the draft at RB. The best thing about him is he gets better the longer he's out there, he wears teams out.