Skip to content

Throwing away money and picks

The Browns Board
127 38 4.6k
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #1

    I reckon we will be 6-10 or 8-8 this year and everyone will celebrate a comeback. 

    Errrrrm Well done.

    This franchise is going nowhere long term and you wanted passive aggressive from me well I guess you got it. 

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Someone on here shrewdly said the other day that Hue and this FO are in win now mode. 

    He was spot on and this is the result. Throwing away any bright future so they all save their jobs winning six games this year. 

    Ugly. Very ugly. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #3

    and what exactly have we thrown away ?

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #4

    To be honest, what did you expect? I bet even Sashi could have done something like this, surely his plan was not to save money and get more picks till the end of times: at some point you have to spend your resources. 

    Anyhow, I still see our top picks in the same place and some movements trying to improve the team. We are still far away from cap hell with the signings there have been so far. 

    So, for now, let's wait and see how it ends up.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Sashi had a plan other than “throw red meat to the pitchfork-wielding villagers.” New FO doesn’t. 

  • I reckon we will be 6-10 or 8-8 this year and everyone will celebrate a comeback. 

    Errrrrm Well done.

    This franchise is going nowhere long term and you wanted passive aggressive from me well I guess you got it. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @londonbrown said:

    I reckon we will be 6-10 or 8-8 this year and everyone will celebrate a comeback. 

    Errrrrm Well done.

    This franchise is going nowhere long term and you wanted passive aggressive from me well I guess you got it. 

    I'll disagree.

    We still have our top 5 picks in the draft- check

    Plenty of cap room for the future- check

    Bridge quarterback in place- check

    Traded a 4th round pick for best slot receiver in the NFL- check. 

    Unloaded under performing Shelton and Kizer- check

  • Someone on here shrewdly said the other day that Hue and this FO are in win now mode. 

    He was spot on and this is the result. Throwing away any bright future so they all save their jobs winning six games this year. 

    Ugly. Very ugly. 

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @londonbrown said:

    Someone on here shrewdly said the other day that Hue and this FO are in win now mode. 

    He was spot on and this is the result. Throwing away any bright future so they all save their jobs winning six games this year. 

    Ugly. Very ugly. 

    I said that.

    They are and thats why you bring in FA guys who have experience instead of waiting for a rookie to come around. You can win now and still build for tomorrow. Ive been out of town, but dont the Browns still have all 1st picks and 2nd round picks? They spent a 3rd.

  • Sashi had a plan other than “throw red meat to the pitchfork-wielding villagers.” New FO doesn’t. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @wargograw said:

    Sashi had a plan other than “throw red meat to the pitchfork-wielding villagers.” New FO doesn’t. 

    Well, you can't just keep kicking the can down the road forever either. It's why he's not here anymore. 

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #9

    We’re paying a Steelers back up O lineman for what? 

    They’re throwing everything at anything to try and keep their jobs for one year. It’s shocking 

  • Someone on here shrewdly said the other day that Hue and this FO are in win now mode. 

    He was spot on and this is the result. Throwing away any bright future so they all save their jobs winning six games this year. 

    Ugly. Very ugly. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @londonbrown said:

    Someone on here shrewdly said the other day that Hue and this FO are in win now mode. 

    He was spot on and this is the result. Throwing away any bright future so they all save their jobs winning six games this year. 

    Ugly. Very ugly. 

    Its like midnight in London....and it sounds like you have drained the pub of all its bitters.

    None of the rest of us have a clue what you are talking about.

  • I reckon we will be 6-10 or 8-8 this year and everyone will celebrate a comeback. 

    Errrrrm Well done.

    This franchise is going nowhere long term and you wanted passive aggressive from me well I guess you got it. 

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @londonbrown said:

    I reckon we will be 6-10 or 8-8 this year and everyone will celebrate a comeback. 

    Errrrrm Well done.

    This franchise is going nowhere long term and you wanted passive aggressive from me well I guess you got it. 

    What time is it over there?

    Are the pubs closing?

  • We’re paying a Steelers back up O lineman for what? 

    They’re throwing everything at anything to try and keep their jobs for one year. It’s shocking 

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @londonbrown said:

    We’re paying a Steelers back up O lineman for what? 

    They’re throwing everything at anything to try and keep their jobs for one year. It’s shocking 

    NFL contracts are like Ghoolie guarantees.

  • We’re paying a Steelers back up O lineman for what? 

    They’re throwing everything at anything to try and keep their jobs for one year. It’s shocking 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @londonbrown said:

    We’re paying a Steelers back up O lineman for what? 

    They’re throwing everything at anything to try and keep their jobs for one year. It’s shocking 

    He actually was their starter for 10 games.   at RT. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #14

    we are bringing in guys that have 1)experience 2) their teams won some games..name a handful that have on this roster in 4 years?  

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #15

    It's 10:40pm in London.

    The summer I spent there the locals would have their second paint down the throat by now.

    EDIT: logic says it is written 'paint', but English dictionary says I refer to pint. Weird language. Viva el español.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Someone on here shrewdly said the other day that Hue and this FO are in win now mode. 

    He was spot on and this is the result. Throwing away any bright future so they all save their jobs winning six games this year. 

    Ugly. Very ugly. 

    I said that.

    They are and thats why you bring in FA guys who have experience instead of waiting for a rookie to come around. You can win now and still build for tomorrow. Ive been out of town, but dont the Browns still have all 1st picks and 2nd round picks? They spent a 3rd.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @boo-fagley said:

    I said that.

    They are and thats why you bring in FA guys who have experience instead of waiting for a rookie to come around. You can win now and still build for tomorrow. Ive been out of town, but dont the Browns still have all 1st picks and 2nd round picks? They spent a 3rd.

    The question is how much winning is enough. Most of us just want progress without mortgaging the future. I see the Browns on that track. Mark said 7-9, heck even 6-10 is progress. There's a few pie in the sky guys expecting playoffs- I won't name names, but you know who they are.   

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    freaking Super Bowl man

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Fair enough  

    It’s been a few months now of stuff like this thrown at me for not having the same opinion as the rest of you. Bit tired of it.   

    I shall bow out of the board and bid you all a farewell. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Here you go...London Brown!!:

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #20

    I'm not expecting playoffs, but I think it's very possible. Let's just say I will not be surprised, because the Browns were in nearly ALL their games last year. I'm not seeing sacrificing the future at all. They have their draft picks, 5 in the first two rounds, great cap space..... They could actually do it and have it be long term.

    You just have to be very smart and make the right moves, and draft a good draft.

    It's happened before:

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/20/seven-non-winning-teams-have-won-the-super-bowl-the-next-year/

    Seven non-winning teams have won the Super Bowl the next year