Skip to content

Joe Thomas has retired

The Browns Board
103 46 4.6k 1
  • @jcam222 said:

    I was just sitting here wondering as i started reading the thread whether your or Ghoolie would post the silly post about the lack of importance Oline has. This is a HUGE loss. 

    Hey Jackoff, I never said the O Line was not important. What I said was, Offensive Linemen are a dime a dozen. They are the least talented players in Pro Sports. Joe Thomas will not be missed. He didn't add one fukcing ting to the Browns offense. Fukc Joe Thomas.

    @ghoolie said:

    Hey Jackoff, I never said the O Line was not important. What I said was, Offensive Linemen are a dime a dozen. They are the least talented players in Pro Sports. Joe Thomas will not be missed. He didn't add one fukcing ting to the Browns offense. Fukc Joe Thomas.

    I imagine Ghoolie Is the human version of someone who has herpes getting another outbreak.

    You know you have it, but just pray it stays away, but when it comes back you remember how awful it is. 

  • @ghoolie said:

    Hey Jackoff, I never said the O Line was not important. What I said was, Offensive Linemen are a dime a dozen. They are the least talented players in Pro Sports. Joe Thomas will not be missed. He didn't add one fukcing ting to the Browns offense. Fukc Joe Thomas.

    I imagine Ghoolie Is the human version of someone who has herpes getting another outbreak.

    You know you have it, but just pray it stays away, but when it comes back you remember how awful it is. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I imagine Ghoolie Is the human version of someone who has herpes getting another outbreak. 

    it's St.Patrick Day weekend. that chit will be as green as his teeth singing to some Irish accordian music post shortly. F Joe Thomas? no F' yourself ya homo..

  • I can see it now...4 games left to go in the season, the Browns starting LT goes down..is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope.. it's joe thomas soaring in with his superman costume and taking his place leading the browns to a super bowl victory...it would be glorious.

    @bigalow80 said:

    I can see it now...4 games left to go in the season, the Browns starting LT goes down..is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope.. it's joe thomas soaring in with his superman costume and taking his place leading the browns to a super bowl victory...it would be glorious.

    Only if he is sitting on his tukas....which I don't think he will be.    He will likely be broadcasting games somewhere.

  • Has there been a better NFL player who played for a worse team than Thomas?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Has there been a better NFL player who played for a worse team than Thomas?

    Some say Archie Manning....but Manning was never HOF.

    Though....some also say that if Manning had been drafted by the Steelers, and Bradshaw by the Saints....their roles would be reversed.  Manning would have 4 Super Bowl rings (or more)...and TB none.

  • Joe was in the building today working with Shon Coleman ........ retired but still lending a hand 🙂

  • Sweet... should sign him as a OL Asst. Coach...

    ... even tho it'd destroy my growing "Hue's staying made Joe go" feeling.

  • Joe is going to have so many roles with this browns organization it is not going to be funny. Seriously, people will probably see him more now than ever before. Mark my words in 30 years, people will recognize Joe for his media work first before they realize how amazing of a player he was. 

  • City of Cleveland@CityofCleveland
    Dear @Browns fans: At your request, 7/3/18 is officially going to be Joe Thomas Day in the City of #CLE in honor of #Browns great, #73 @joethomas73.

    We wish you well on your retirement, sir!

    Thanks for representing #CLE well.

    He deserves it 7\3\2018  🙂  don't think #73 is retired yet- probably will be....   

  • City of Cleveland@CityofCleveland
    Dear @Browns fans: At your request, 7/3/18 is officially going to be Joe Thomas Day in the City of #CLE in honor of #Browns great, #73 @joethomas73.

    We wish you well on your retirement, sir!

    Thanks for representing #CLE well.

    He deserves it 7\3\2018  🙂  don't think #73 is retired yet- probably will be....   

    @hoorta said:

    https://twitter.com/cityofcleveland/status/974381760783011840?s=21

    He deserves it 7\3\2018  🙂  don't think #73 is retired yet- probably will be....   

    Well....they have not retired other HOFers....so I don't think they will retire Joe's ..   Of guys that didn't die....causing their number to be retired....only 32 for JB, 76 for Groza, and 14 for Otto are retired.     82 for Ozzie not.  44 for  Kelly not.   42 for Warfield not.  Or anyone else.

  • @hoorta said:

    https://twitter.com/cityofcleveland/status/974381760783011840?s=21

    He deserves it 7\3\2018  🙂  don't think #73 is retired yet- probably will be....   

    Well....they have not retired other HOFers....so I don't think they will retire Joe's ..   Of guys that didn't die....causing their number to be retired....only 32 for JB, 76 for Groza, and 14 for Otto are retired.     82 for Ozzie not.  44 for  Kelly not.   42 for Warfield not.  Or anyone else.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....they have not retired other HOFers....so I don't think they will retire Joe's ..   Of guys that didn't die....causing their number to be retired....only 32 for JB, 76 for Groza, and 14 for Otto are retired.     82 for Ozzie not.  44 for  Kelly not.   42 for Warfield not.  Or anyone else.

    Except maybe since the BROWNS are coming out of the worst black hole in team history, maybe NFL history.  PR move?

  • @hoorta said:

    https://twitter.com/cityofcleveland/status/974381760783011840?s=21

    He deserves it 7\3\2018  🙂  don't think #73 is retired yet- probably will be....   

    Well....they have not retired other HOFers....so I don't think they will retire Joe's ..   Of guys that didn't die....causing their number to be retired....only 32 for JB, 76 for Groza, and 14 for Otto are retired.     82 for Ozzie not.  44 for  Kelly not.   42 for Warfield not.  Or anyone else.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....they have not retired other HOFers....so I don't think they will retire Joe's ..   Of guys that didn't die....causing their number to be retired....only 32 for JB, 76 for Groza, and 14 for Otto are retired.     82 for Ozzie not.  44 for  Kelly not.   42 for Warfield not.  Or anyone else.

    Well, the dictum from the league was to go easy on retiring numbers.  We'd have a long way to go to catch the Bears with their 14 retired numbers. I think they wanted to retire Ozzie's number, but he declined. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....they have not retired other HOFers....so I don't think they will retire Joe's ..   Of guys that didn't die....causing their number to be retired....only 32 for JB, 76 for Groza, and 14 for Otto are retired.     82 for Ozzie not.  44 for  Kelly not.   42 for Warfield not.  Or anyone else.

    Well, the dictum from the league was to go easy on retiring numbers.  We'd have a long way to go to catch the Bears with their 14 retired numbers. I think they wanted to retire Ozzie's number, but he declined. 

    @hoorta said:

    Well, the dictum from the league was to go easy on retiring numbers.  We'd have a long way to go to catch the Bears with their 14 retired numbers. I think they wanted to retire Ozzie's number, but he declined. 

    I think they should retire Ozzies # after he passes away.. I think it would be a class move...

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, the dictum from the league was to go easy on retiring numbers.  We'd have a long way to go to catch the Bears with their 14 retired numbers. I think they wanted to retire Ozzie's number, but he declined. 

    I think they should retire Ozzies # after he passes away.. I think it would be a class move...

    @nickers said:

    I think they should retire Ozzies # after he passes away.. I think it would be a class move...

    Class, yes.  But what good would that do Ozzie.  No....if that happens...do it while he is alive.

    Its kind of like this:

    The "banned" Shoeless Joe Jackson from the HOF  "for life".    But the SOB has been dead since the 50s.    His "life" is over.   So...why should the ban continue?   They still seem to want to punish him 65 years after he has been dead?   Who is being punished?  Other than MLB punishing themselves over it....by denying a great player his rightful place.   (particularly since his role in "the scandal" was questionable in the first place)

  • @nickers said:

    I think they should retire Ozzies # after he passes away.. I think it would be a class move...

    Class, yes.  But what good would that do Ozzie.  No....if that happens...do it while he is alive.

    Its kind of like this:

    The "banned" Shoeless Joe Jackson from the HOF  "for life".    But the SOB has been dead since the 50s.    His "life" is over.   So...why should the ban continue?   They still seem to want to punish him 65 years after he has been dead?   Who is being punished?  Other than MLB punishing themselves over it....by denying a great player his rightful place.   (particularly since his role in "the scandal" was questionable in the first place)

    @the-gipper said:

    Class, yes.  But what good would that do Ozzie.  No....if that happens...do it while he is alive.

    Its kind of like this:

    The "banned" Shoeless Joe Jackson from the HOF  "for life".    But the SOB has been dead since the 50s.    His "life" is over.   So...why should the ban continue?   They still seem to want to punish him 65 years after he has been dead?   Who is being punished?  Other than MLB punishing themselves over it....by denying a great player his rightful place.   (particularly since his role in "the scandal" was questionable in the first place)

    All the same.. I still think they can find a unique way to honor his life... And his career...

  • Joe Thomas takes out a full page ad in today’s edition of the Plain Dealer.

    Nothing but class. . .

    016BB1D9-E0C7-4007-B762-4DFB9BFD948D.jpeg

  • @the-gipper said:

    Class, yes.  But what good would that do Ozzie.  No....if that happens...do it while he is alive.

    Its kind of like this:

    The "banned" Shoeless Joe Jackson from the HOF  "for life".    But the SOB has been dead since the 50s.    His "life" is over.   So...why should the ban continue?   They still seem to want to punish him 65 years after he has been dead?   Who is being punished?  Other than MLB punishing themselves over it....by denying a great player his rightful place.   (particularly since his role in "the scandal" was questionable in the first place)

    All the same.. I still think they can find a unique way to honor his life... And his career...

    @nickers said:

    All the same.. I still think they can find a unique way to honor his life... And his career...

    Its controversial, jackson might've not even participated in the fixing of the 1919 world series, but he definitely probably knew about it. The commissioner back then banned anyone who even knew about it and didn't rat out their teammates. Jackson also tried to tell his GM before it happened but the dude wouldn't listen.

    Poor Shoeless Joe

  • Pro Football Focus tweeted. . .

    Three of the top 10 season grades we've ever given to a tackle belong to one man.
    See you in Canton Joe Thomas, an all-time great.

    265A4592-8B32-4B80-931C-29817DEAD2DF.jpeg

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, the dictum from the league was to go easy on retiring numbers.  We'd have a long way to go to catch the Bears with their 14 retired numbers. I think they wanted to retire Ozzie's number, but he declined. 

    I think they should retire Ozzies # after he passes away.. I think it would be a class move...

    @nickers said:

    I think they should retire Ozzies # after he passes away.. I think it would be a class move...

    Nah, Ozzie blows. Just ask Tom Flugel. Flugel assured us that with Phil Sewage coming to Cleveland Ozzie would be exposed as riding the coat tails of Phellatio Phil.

  • Joe Thomas blows. He made no impact on the Browns in any measurable way. Putting him in the HOF is like giving away an award for participation. That's all the guy did. He showed up. Average lardass lineman.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Hey Jackoff, I never said the O Line was not important. What I said was, Offensive Linemen are a dime a dozen. They are the least talented players in Pro Sports. Joe Thomas will not be missed. He didn't add one fukcing ting to the Browns offense. Fukc Joe Thomas.

    I imagine Ghoolie Is the human version of someone who has herpes getting another outbreak.

    You know you have it, but just pray it stays away, but when it comes back you remember how awful it is. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I imagine Ghoolie Is the human version of someone who has herpes getting another outbreak.

    You know you have it, but just pray it stays away, but when it comes back you remember how awful it is. 

    So, let me get this right...............you spend your time formulating images of my Sock? The fact that you spend a single moment in your life IMAGINING ANYTHING about another man, is..................fukcking weird.

    in this image you concoct, do you count the pustules on my nuts? Do you dream of me porking your wife while you look on? Tell us, penis boy...........what other thoughts about my massive, Ukrainian Keilbassa do you fantasize about?  So, you are a homo, and you spend your time thinking about Ghoolie's Gonads.

    Fukced up dude, REALLY fukced up.

    I can honestly say, I have never spent one moment imagining anything about your fukcing homos. I don't care to know your names, what guys you like to rim, what you look like, what you do for a living, etc, etc, etc,....................I have never spent even one moment reading anyone's profile, and I sure as hell have never spent one click of a mouse trying to find out about " the real you".

    Fukcing idiots.