Skip to content

Dorsey skips Mayfield and Rosen pro days...

The Browns Board
32 19 1.0k
  • @logicisforsquares said:

    The private workouts will be what is important. 

    I don't believe teams are 'allowed' to 'work out' the player.  

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @orion said:

    I don't believe teams are 'allowed' to 'work out' the player.  

    Perfectly ok by NFL rules. Teams have private workouts every year.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    The private workouts will be what is important. 

    I don't believe teams are 'allowed' to 'work out' the player.  

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @orion said:

    I don't believe teams are 'allowed' to 'work out' the player.  

    They are

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #14
    As with all things in the NFL, there are rules and regulations which must be followed throughout these visits. For instance, "Each team may transport a maximum of 30 draft-eligible players to the team's home city or another location for a one-day physical examination. These players cannot be timed and tested. Interviews and written tests may be conducted during the visit."

    You can do more with them if you meet them at their hometown or a qualifying school in their state.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #15

    If I recall, I believe Hue Jackson attended Carson Wentz’ pro day.

  • I think if you're considering drafting the player (mainly a high pick QB) then you should go to his pro day.  HOWEVER, it's the free agency PEAK.  Dorsey is BUSY (as has been evident) right about now.  -  This IS a rather lousy time to have to have your pro day.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @orion said:

    I think if you're considering drafting the player (mainly a high pick QB) then you should go to his pro day.  HOWEVER, it's the free agency PEAK.  Dorsey is BUSY (as has been evident) right about now.  -  This IS a rather lousy time to have to have your pro day.

    I understand the Browns were represented. It is certainly understandable why Dorsey was unable to attend. It's not like he just "skipped" it.

    Mike

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #17

    cleveland.com  Alonzo Highsmith was there. Hue & Dorsey stayed home to work FA deals..At the Combine, Browns met with Rudolph,Rosen,Allen & Mayfield for a slotted 20 minute meeting..Browns have only had a private work out with member of org. & counted as 30 private visit from only Baker Mayfield..At this time..Dorsey/Hue spent days at the senior bowl..not a big deal .. scripted plays thrown to guys they know better than anybody..    

  • @orion said:

    I think if you're considering drafting the player (mainly a high pick QB) then you should go to his pro day.  HOWEVER, it's the free agency PEAK.  Dorsey is BUSY (as has been evident) right about now.  -  This IS a rather lousy time to have to have your pro day.

    I understand the Browns were represented. It is certainly understandable why Dorsey was unable to attend. It's not like he just "skipped" it.

    Mike

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @canton-mike said:

    I understand the Browns were represented. It is certainly understandable why Dorsey was unable to attend. It's not like he just "skipped" it.

    Mike

    Could be plus with today's incredible technology being there isn't such a big deal......plus Mr. Dorsey has been busy.

    Hey maybe they Skyped.  😆

  • There's no reason for Dorsey to go to Rosen's or Mayfield's Pro Days...

    He's already got a trade down to #22 overall lined up, and the draft card with Josh Allen's name printed. 😆

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    There's no reason for Dorsey to go to Rosen's or Mayfield's Pro Days...

    He's already got a trade down to #22 overall lined up, and the draft card with Josh Allen's name printed. 😆

    More likely....Darnold.

  • I think if you're considering drafting the player (mainly a high pick QB) then you should go to his pro day.  HOWEVER, it's the free agency PEAK.  Dorsey is BUSY (as has been evident) right about now.  -  This IS a rather lousy time to have to have your pro day.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @orion said:

    I think if you're considering drafting the player (mainly a high pick QB) then you should go to his pro day.  HOWEVER, it's the free agency PEAK.  Dorsey is BUSY (as has been evident) right about now.  -  This IS a rather lousy time to have to have your pro day.

    Were  Elliott Wolf or Scott McGloughan there?   Those, I think, are the important guys.

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I still think Dorsey likes Allen.

  • I still think Dorsey likes Allen.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @stillmotion said:

    I still think Dorsey likes Allen.

    Then I think he should have just kept Kizer.    Two peas in the same pod....no matter how many  homina homina hominas Cal makes.

  • @stillmotion said:

    I still think Dorsey likes Allen.

    Then I think he should have just kept Kizer.    Two peas in the same pod....no matter how many  homina homina hominas Cal makes.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @the-gipper said:

    Then I think he should have just kept Kizer.    Two peas in the same pod....no matter how many  homina homina hominas Cal makes.

    so, you are saying Wentz is the same as Kizer, because he is tall, has a real big arm and can run?

    figures. No, If kizer had played in a pro-style offense, he would never have been drafted.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Then I think he should have just kept Kizer.    Two peas in the same pod....no matter how many  homina homina hominas Cal makes.

    so, you are saying Wentz is the same as Kizer, because he is tall, has a real big arm and can run?

    figures. No, If kizer had played in a pro-style offense, he would never have been drafted.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @calfoxwc said:

    so, you are saying Wentz is the same as Kizer, because he is tall, has a real big arm and can run?

    figures. No, If kizer had played in a pro-style offense, he would never have been drafted.

    I am saying Allen is the same as Kizer.  You know....the whole broad side of a barn thing.

  • @orion said:

    I think if you're considering drafting the player (mainly a high pick QB) then you should go to his pro day.  HOWEVER, it's the free agency PEAK.  Dorsey is BUSY (as has been evident) right about now.  -  This IS a rather lousy time to have to have your pro day.

    Were  Elliott Wolf or Scott McGloughan there?   Those, I think, are the important guys.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    Were  Elliott Wolf or Scott McGloughan there?   Those, I think, are the important guys.

    I think Berry was at at least one of them.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Were  Elliott Wolf or Scott McGloughan there?   Those, I think, are the important guys.

    I think Berry was at at least one of them.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @orion said:

    I think Berry was at at least one of them.

    Andrew Berry?  Is he still with us?    I thought he went out the door with his Harvard Buddy Sashi.  

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    DePo and Berry are still there.  Jim Brown is an adviser.....

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Elway was at Rosen's pro day today.  - I'm certain someone from the Browns was there...

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Reports say Rosen looked sharp,  even though it was fairly windy. 

  • JPPT1974J JPPT1974 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Yeah as a team will pick them up. As both men are great QB's but it is also their off the field problems that they are looking at. Johnny Manziel a gifted QB but really did not have potential and really did not materialize it due to the fact of him partying all the time.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #31