Skip to content

Browns Let go of McCourty

The Browns Board
39 21 1.5k
  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I don't understand this one at ALL. 

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #8

    This is what happens when you're publicly critical of your boss.  Buhbye.

  • This is what happens when you're publicly critical of your boss.  Buhbye.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @htownbrown said:

    This is what happens when you're publicly critical of your boss.  Buhbye.

    I think you nailed it.

  • This is what happens when you're publicly critical of your boss.  Buhbye.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @htownbrown said:

    This is what happens when you're publicly critical of your boss.  Buhbye.

    I guess I missed it....What is that all about?    And which boss?   Dorsey.....yea...I can see where that would get you in trouble.  Hue?  I would think not...it should be open season on criticizing Hue. 

  • @htownbrown said:

    This is what happens when you're publicly critical of your boss.  Buhbye.

    I guess I missed it....What is that all about?    And which boss?   Dorsey.....yea...I can see where that would get you in trouble.  Hue?  I would think not...it should be open season on criticizing Hue. 

    htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess I missed it....What is that all about?    And which boss?   Dorsey.....yea...I can see where that would get you in trouble.  Hue?  I would think not...it should be open season on criticizing Hue. 

    Dorsey said the last FO didn't get real players and goofball decided to say he was offended.  He should have shut up and cashed his check.  But his feelings and stuff.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #12

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/jason_mccourty_bugged_by_those.amp

    Sounds like Jackson made some comments that irked McCourty, and others. Duke Johnson, he of the potential contract extension, seems to agree per this article.

    I dunno. I’d be pissed too if my bosses were throwing me under the bus to save their own asses, especially when they contributed to the suck fest too.

  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/jason_mccourty_bugged_by_those.amp

    Sounds like Jackson made some comments that irked McCourty, and others. Duke Johnson, he of the potential contract extension, seems to agree per this article.

    I dunno. I’d be pissed too if my bosses were throwing me under the bus to save their own asses, especially when they contributed to the suck fest too.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @ibleedbrown said:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/jason_mccourty_bugged_by_those.amp

    Sounds like Jackson made some comments that irked McCourty, and others. Duke Johnson, he of the potential contract extension, seems to agree per this article.

    I dunno. I’d be pissed too if my bosses were throwing me under the bus to save their own asses, especially when they contributed to the suck fest too.

    I have no problem with McCourty being POed about the comments.   If there were a few guys that were "real players".....McCourty was one of them.  

    Jamar Taylor? Not so much.

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    0-16

    I think that should be the offending factor.  The ones that didn't get that should be gone.

  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/jason_mccourty_bugged_by_those.amp

    Sounds like Jackson made some comments that irked McCourty, and others. Duke Johnson, he of the potential contract extension, seems to agree per this article.

    I dunno. I’d be pissed too if my bosses were throwing me under the bus to save their own asses, especially when they contributed to the suck fest too.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ibleedbrown said:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/jason_mccourty_bugged_by_those.amp

    Sounds like Jackson made some comments that irked McCourty, and others. Duke Johnson, he of the potential contract extension, seems to agree per this article.

    I dunno. I’d be pissed too if my bosses were throwing me under the bus to save their own asses, especially when they contributed to the suck fest too.

    didn't huey also talk trash about crow saying that anyone could have run through those holes 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess I missed it....What is that all about?    And which boss?   Dorsey.....yea...I can see where that would get you in trouble.  Hue?  I would think not...it should be open season on criticizing Hue. 

    Dorsey said the last FO didn't get real players and goofball decided to say he was offended.  He should have shut up and cashed his check.  But his feelings and stuff.

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @htownbrown said:

    Dorsey said the last FO didn't get real players and goofball decided to say he was offended.  He should have shut up and cashed his check.  But his feelings and stuff.

    Dude just got traded from an 0-16 team to the AFC champs. 

    Sure showed him what was up!

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess I missed it....What is that all about?    And which boss?   Dorsey.....yea...I can see where that would get you in trouble.  Hue?  I would think not...it should be open season on criticizing Hue. 

    Dorsey said the last FO didn't get real players and goofball decided to say he was offended.  He should have shut up and cashed his check.  But his feelings and stuff.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @htownbrown said:

    Dorsey said the last FO didn't get real players and goofball decided to say he was offended.  He should have shut up and cashed his check.  But his feelings and stuff.

    lol... Yeah... trade his butt to the Pats... make him play with his brother... that'll show him.

    If there's any truth to this being a factor, then this is far worse than I ever thought it would be.

  • @htownbrown said:

    Dorsey said the last FO didn't get real players and goofball decided to say he was offended.  He should have shut up and cashed his check.  But his feelings and stuff.

    Dude just got traded from an 0-16 team to the AFC champs. 

    Sure showed him what was up!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @hx214 said:

    Dude just got traded from an 0-16 team to the AFC champs. 

    Sure showed him what was up!

    Great minds think alike...

  • @htownbrown said:

    Dorsey said the last FO didn't get real players and goofball decided to say he was offended.  He should have shut up and cashed his check.  But his feelings and stuff.

    lol... Yeah... trade his butt to the Pats... make him play with his brother... that'll show him.

    If there's any truth to this being a factor, then this is far worse than I ever thought it would be.

    htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... Yeah... trade his butt to the Pats... make him play with his brother... that'll show him.

    If there's any truth to this being a factor, then this is far worse than I ever thought it would be.

    More like cutting the cancer away.  Poor guy.  So sad.  It's even far worse than the far worse you thought it would be in some other reality.

  • WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Terrible move. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Shmucking Christ you guys make it sound like he was headed to the HOF so he shined in a backfield of turds guess that made him king turd 

  • sydS syd

    Shmucking Christ you guys make it sound like he was headed to the HOF so he shined in a backfield of turds guess that made him king turd 

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @syd said:

    Shmucking Christ you guys make it sound like he was headed to the HOF so he shined in a backfield of turds guess that made him king turd 

    He played VERY well and this move is beyond Shmucking stupid. The FO started out with a bit of a bang with trades and since then has progressively Sheet the bed to the point of outright negligent. 

  • @syd said:

    Shmucking Christ you guys make it sound like he was headed to the HOF so he shined in a backfield of turds guess that made him king turd 

    He played VERY well and this move is beyond Shmucking stupid. The FO started out with a bit of a bang with trades and since then has progressively Sheet the bed to the point of outright negligent. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @jcam222 said:

    He played VERY well and this move is beyond Shmucking stupid. The FO started out with a bit of a bang with trades and since then has progressively Sheet the bed to the point of outright negligent. 

    I don't know about all that but regarding THIS move, it's puzzling. 

    Basically they just released a productive guy who didn't break the bank. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-user-from-cleveland said:

    Does this mean we're drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick.

    I think the Browns would love to bookend Garrett with Chubb at the other DE spot.... Or maybe a trade down could happen to go after a LT? 

    I'd be quite fine with Fitzpatrick though

  • @the-user-from-cleveland said:

    Does this mean we're drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick.

    I think the Browns would love to bookend Garrett with Chubb at the other DE spot.... Or maybe a trade down could happen to go after a LT? 

    I'd be quite fine with Fitzpatrick though

    T The User from Cleveland wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think the Browns would love to bookend Garrett with Chubb at the other DE spot.... Or maybe a trade down could happen to go after a LT? 

    I'd be quite fine with Fitzpatrick though

    Yh, I deleted my post right when you replied to it lol. I think Fitz is a safety, not a CB. So on second thought, I'm not sure if trading McCourty affects this.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #26

    It's a great cb draft. no problem. If he wasn't happy to play here, fine.