Despite all the moves
-
Maybe I'm wrong here Larry.. But I gt the sense theyre just stringing Hue along for the ride until the cupboard is stocked then "Slash",, Bye bye Huey...
It's not Rocket Science Nickers. Should Hue rumble, bumble, and stumble out of the gate this year- both Haley and Williams are former Head Coaches.
It's not Rocket Science Nickers. Should Hue rumble, bumble, and stumble out of the gate this year- both Haley and Williams are former Head Coaches.
Yes, I took that into account.. I was thinking if the record were less than acceptable by a speecific time.. Knowing Jimmy's past relationship with the Steelers.. I could see him elevating Haley...
-
Hue Jackson is still here. The man that wanted to give a divisional rival our 2nd and 3rd round pick for a quarterback that’s now being paid by the Bills like he is there to clean the toilets
He is surely a dead man walking.
London- if you remember I said way back Hue isn't any "quarterback whisperer". He doesn't know talent at the position if it walked up to him and bit him in the azz. First Rg III (fail). Next "trust me" on Kessler. (fail) Then a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron? EPIC FAIL.
London- if you remember I said way back Hue isn't any "quarterback whisperer". He doesn't know talent at the position if it walked up to him and bit him in the azz. First Rg III (fail). Next "trust me" on Kessler. (fail) Then a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron? EPIC FAIL.
flesh wounds,scratching the surface..2 seasons ago Josh McCown breaks a hand & the best Hue can do is offer McCown a QB's coaching job on his staff,not another contract offer..How's that working out? lol
-
London- if you remember I said way back Hue isn't any "quarterback whisperer". He doesn't know talent at the position if it walked up to him and bit him in the azz. First Rg III (fail). Next "trust me" on Kessler. (fail) Then a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron? EPIC FAIL.
Maybe I'm wrong here Larry.. But I gt the sense theyre just stringing Hue along for the ride until the cupboard is stocked then "Slash",, Bye bye Huey...
Maybe I'm wrong here Larry.. But I gt the sense theyre just stringing Hue along for the ride until the cupboard is stocked then "Slash",, Bye bye Huey...
Well we know that Hue was forced on Dorsey... so there's that for starters. But you're not implying that regardless of the start to 2018 Hue is toast... are you?
-
Maybe I'm wrong here Larry.. But I gt the sense theyre just stringing Hue along for the ride until the cupboard is stocked then "Slash",, Bye bye Huey...
Well we know that Hue was forced on Dorsey... so there's that for starters. But you're not implying that regardless of the start to 2018 Hue is toast... are you?
-
-
He did.
I think he was horribly miscast as a head coach of a young team. I'm guessing Oakland was a much older, more experienced team.
I think it's safe to say.. We were sold a bill of false goods , with Hue...
-
He did.
I think he was horribly miscast as a head coach of a young team. I'm guessing Oakland was a much older, more experienced team.
I think it's safe to say.. We were sold a bill of false goods , with Hue...
I think it's safe to say.. We were sold a bill of false goods , with Hue...
He did an OK job with a Raiders team in the Al Davis Is Batshit Crazy Era, and was a very good OC in Cincinnati with a well-coached team.
But he's so, so bad as a HC of a young team. He strikes me as a coach who can succeed if he has the pieces that fit his system, but not a coach who can successfully coach and adapt to his team's talents. (Which, IMO, is the mark of an excellent coach)
-
I think it's safe to say.. We were sold a bill of false goods , with Hue...
He did an OK job with a Raiders team in the Al Davis Is Batshit Crazy Era, and was a very good OC in Cincinnati with a well-coached team.
But he's so, so bad as a HC of a young team. He strikes me as a coach who can succeed if he has the pieces that fit his system, but not a coach who can successfully coach and adapt to his team's talents. (Which, IMO, is the mark of an excellent coach)
He did an OK job with a Raiders team in the Al Davis Is Batshit Crazy Era, and was a very good OC in Cincinnati with a well-coached team.
But he's so, so bad as a HC of a young team. He strikes me as a coach who can succeed if he has the pieces that fit his system, but not a coach who can successfully coach and adapt to his team's talents. (Which, IMO, is the mark of an excellent coach)
I would agree... But I'll say this.. Hue has NO excuses this season... He has to show marked improvement.
-
Maybe I'm wrong here Larry.. But I gt the sense theyre just stringing Hue along for the ride until the cupboard is stocked then "Slash",, Bye bye Huey...
Well we know that Hue was forced on Dorsey... so there's that for starters. But you're not implying that regardless of the start to 2018 Hue is toast... are you?
Well we know that Hue was forced on Dorsey... so there's that for starters. But you're not implying that regardless of the start to 2018 Hue is toast... are you?
My perspective- not at all Tour. I don't go Ghoolie and declare a guy a bum before he's ever coached a regular season game.
He does have to show marked improvement though. 3-5 at least through the first 1\2 of the season, and 4-4 would be more like it. Doubly should we lad Chubb or Barkley- and you know damn well I'd rather have a guy like Sony Michel in the second instead of Mr. Overhype.
BTW, who are you liking at OT now that Joe's Gone Fishin'? Do we dare pass on Quentin Nelson, plugging him in at LG and slide Bito out to LT at the price of passing on Chubb? Man, I'm torn with that idea.
-
Is he waiting for a hot day in July to dive in the lake
-
-
Is he waiting for a hot day in July to dive in the lake
Damn wimp. Tell ya what- way back, we did some wading in the lake on the 4th of July, and I can tell you from personal experience 70 degree water still isn't very pleasant. I put the screws to Hue to jump in before the water warms up above 40 degrees. Did that in Wyoming one year- and your legs go numb in around 5 seconds.
-
If things go sideways, Haley will be the HC by season's end.
-
Is he waiting for a hot day in July to dive in the lake
Damn wimp. Tell ya what- way back, we did some wading in the lake on the 4th of July, and I can tell you from personal experience 70 degree water still isn't very pleasant. I put the screws to Hue to jump in before the water warms up above 40 degrees. Did that in Wyoming one year- and your legs go numb in around 5 seconds.
Damn wimp. Tell ya what- way back, we did some wading in the lake on the 4th of July, and I can tell you from personal experience 70 degree water still isn't very pleasant. I put the screws to Hue to jump in before the water warms up above 40 degrees. Did that in Wyoming one year- and your legs go numb in around 5 seconds.
You would not like fly fishing then. It's still damn cold even with waders on. Give me snow showing in winter any day over fly fishing a snowmelt stream in summer. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
-
yeah because he's a beta coach and a bitch. he has NO excuse for sucking this year. He can try and blame anyone, but if we don't win at least 5 games, off with his head.
I am infinitely tired of the b!tching about Hue. Your take is fair though. I fully believe he will have an actual group of talent able to win games. 5 win expectation is fair.
-
At least he has no excuses now. Dorsey has given him players to win games not even including the high draft picks.
At least he has no excuses now. Dorsey has given him players to win games not even including the high draft picks.
Well.....I don't know that we have a lot of Pro Bowlers on this roster, really. And I don't know if this is is a playoff roster....not yet really.
And....of course there is the old adage of caution about our high draft picks: We have failed at this before.
Reading the names of Browns First Round draft picks past is kind of like this:
The ony question is: Who will be rescued. So far....only Corey Coleman....but how long will that last?
-
Well If they start out .. let's say 1 and 6.. wouldn't that alarm you just a wee bit , Tour?
Alarmed? Probably, but whether I acted on that alarm would depend on how well we competed in all 7 games and how the level of competing was trending, i.e., on the rise or waning.
I'm guessing Oakland was a much older, more experienced team.
True... also deeper, if not more more talented. When Carson Palmer was injured... and he wasn't playing very well... Jason Campbell stepped in and went 4-2.
Also did not hurt that in 2011 (can it be that long ago?) the AFCW was pretty mediocre with three teams, including Hue's Raiders, going 8-8 and the 4th going 7-9.
BTW, who are you liking at OT now that Joe's Gone Fishin'? Do we dare pass on Quentin Nelson, plugging him in at LG and slide Bito out to LT at the price of passing on Chubb? Man, I'm torn with that idea.
I think Coleman steps in at LT... it's his natural side.
Once upon a time I thought Bito was our best alternative to Joe, but after a couple injuries I think Bito's days of sliding outside are behind him. Pretty sure that since he did not slide out last year the Browns think so, too.
There's been some speculation that Nelson could play OT, but I'm not sure you take what many think is a generational OG and do that.
I'm not all that high on Chubb.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login