From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen
-
It's been an absolute pleasure watching calfox implode.
-
OH. you can't take a little friendly jousting? They are lookin at you, kid. and man up and take your politics elsewhere.

-
liar boring sombeitch.
say, check this out:
http://931thefan.com/josh-allens-college-coach-says-hes-perfect-fit-for-browns/
Josh Allen’s College Coach Says He’s Perfect Fit for Browns
-
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/23/16924462/josh-rosen-cleveland-browns-nfl-draft-2018
Josh Allen is the quarterback who WANTS to be drafted by the C
At the Senior Bowl on Tuesday, Josh Allen told reporters something that you don’t often hear.
“I want to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns,” he said.
While that could indicate he’d like to be the top pick in the draft, Allen said, “It’s not about going as high as possible,” he said. “It’s about the right fit.”
To be fair, that’s true. The Browns could still take Allen with the No. 4 pick in the draft. Though you might imagine if they feel he could be the one, they’d be inclined to take him No. 1 overall, since they let Deshaun Watson go to the Texans last year, and traded the No. 2 overall pick in 2016 to the Eagles, which was used on Carson Wentz.
For what it’s worth, ESPN’s Mel Kiper does indeed have the Browns taking him with the top pick. But there’s more to it than just that.
He might be the only QB in the draft who actually wants to play for the Browns.
Allen’s comments come after there have been reports in the past few months that both Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen don’t want to play for the Browns.
A report in November from The MMQB’s Albert Breer said that Darnold would want to see who had the top pick or two in the NFL draft, because if it was the Browns he would want to stay. Darnold ended up declaring for the draft anyway. In Dan Kadar’s latest mock draft, he had Darnold going to ... the Cleveland Browns.
In late December, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Rosen had doubts about declaring for the draft if there was a chance the Browns were going to take him, with the franchise not being stable and having started 28 quarterbacks since 1999.
At the very least, we know that Allen would like to. “Given an opportunity of being able to go to Cleveland and help change the culture there and be a part of a really good team... They’re a young team, so they’re going to be really good in the next coming years. They’re doing the right things with their new GM,” he said via NFL.com.
”To get the opportunity to go there and kind of be the guy would be special, but like I said, they’re going to do what’s best for the franchise.”
He’s been exuding confidence since arriving in Mobile.
Allen compared his confidence to a pair of all-time great quarterbacks. “Looking back at guys like [Brett] Favre and [Aaron] Rodgers, they’re not afraid to put it in any spot on the field,” Allen said. “I’ve got kind of the same [gunslinger] mindset.”
But he also wants teams to understand what type of person he is both on and off the field.
“I want them to know that I can understand football terminology. Obviously coming from Wyoming and not playing against the greatest competition week in and week out, I don’t think that has anything to do with football IQ. And I want them to understand that I have a high football IQ and I love this game.
“If there is one thing about me, I do love the game of football and this is the only thing I’ve ever wanted for my entire life – to be an NFL quarterback.”
And let’s be real — you have to be one confident football player to want to play for the Browns after the past 18 seasons and 28 quarterbacks in front of you.
He also said Monday on 92.3 The Fan, “Stats are for losers and the one thing I’d like to point out, while at Wyoming, we won games and I definitely think that’s how quarterbacks are judged in the NFL.” Mel Kiper also said something similar.
Wyoming never won more than eight games while he was quarterback. But at the same time, they never won more than five dating back to 2012, so he was part of a turnaround in Laramie.
And while he’s been confident in his abilities, he’s also realistic when it comes to his game. “It’s a tough situation obviously to come in as a rookie and expect to be perfect right away,” he said. “I know that I have a lot of flaws as a quarterback.”
The Browns went 0-16 last season and will have a new offensive coordinator in Todd Haley. Haley’s going to be Hue Jackson’s first offensive coordinator since being in Cleveland.
Whether or not you’re a fan of Allen’s game, to hear a player want to play for the Cleveland Browns is entertaining. How he performs at the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine could either help or hurt his case in trying to be the player that turns around the NFL’s longest-suffering franchise.
-
I still believe it's either Darnold or Allen. Who knows? Maybe it will be Darnold or Allen at the 4 pick.
Chubb won't last long. Ward won't either. Barkley won't either.
This draft is going to rock.
https://fansided.com/2018/04/11/sam-darnold-cleveland-browns-rumors-nfl-draft/
-
-
liar boring sombeitch.
say, check this out:
http://931thefan.com/josh-allens-college-coach-says-hes-perfect-fit-for-browns/
Josh Allen’s College Coach Says He’s Perfect Fit for Browns
liar boring sombeitch.
say, check this out:
http://931thefan.com/josh-allens-college-coach-says-hes-perfect-fit-for-browns/
Josh Allen’s College Coach Says He’s Perfect Fit for Browns
His mouth fits perfectly around my d-i-c-k.
-
-
I guess I should not be so harsh on Allen. I really don't know if he will be any better or worse than the other QB candidates. I guess it is just the drool factor by Cal that has me somewhat opposed to the Browns taking him. Same with Barkley and PoG.
If the Browns actually take these guys I would hope they become the second coming of John Elway and Walter Payton. I don't think that will happen...but if they Browns get them...then we can only hope so.
-
I guess I should not be so harsh on Allen. I really don't know if he will be any better or worse than the other QB candidates. I guess it is just the drool factor by Cal that has me somewhat opposed to the Browns taking him. Same with Barkley and PoG.
If the Browns actually take these guys I would hope they become the second coming of John Elway and Walter Payton. I don't think that will happen...but if they Browns get them...then we can only hope so.
I guess I should not be so harsh on Allen. I really don't know if he will be any better or worse than the other QB candidates. I guess it is just the drool factor by Cal that has me somewhat opposed to the Browns taking him. Same with Barkley and PoG.
If the Browns actually take these guys I would hope they become the second coming of John Elway and Walter Payton. I don't think that will happen...but if they Browns get them...then we can only hope so.
Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh either. But my dislike of Allen as a prospect has nothing to do with Cal. It involves watching 5 complete games of his, and a hard view of the stats saying the odds are stacked against Josh to be another Elway. If he gets there, great. But the possibility of him winding up in the Boller or Ponder class of busts is far higher.
-
-
Video recreation of me, roughly 8:15 EST Thursday, if the Browns turn in the #1 overall pick card and it has Josh Allen, QB Wyoming on it...

-
Just realized that pizza was unsliced...
-
From the "Darnold is like a cow on ice" guy...
As for Allen, Wyoming’s strapping, strong-armed quarterback, ask Shonka about him and duck for cover. He does not buy into him, at all.
“Zero,’’ Shonka said. “I saw Allen live this year at Iowa and he looks pretty. If you want a guy on the sidelines warming up, he looks pretty good. At the Senior Bowl, he did not have a good week in practice. He hit a few routes, but there’s nobody really covering. I think Josh Allen is like driving a covered wagon on the Autobahn. When he gets out there with all that speed and all the changing defenses, he can’t see it. He can’t process things fast enough. It doesn’t ever slow down for him. Everything’s so fast. He’s never thrown for a high percentage. If I hear one more time about Josh Allen’s strong arm — he can’t read defenses or make plays.”
https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/one-draft-qb-spared-in-scouts-scathing-draft-take-cow-on-ice/
-
Just realized that pizza was unsliced...
-
There aren't many Italians in New Mexico to show them how.

Or Wyoming..
-
From the "Darnold is like a cow on ice" guy...
As for Allen, Wyoming’s strapping, strong-armed quarterback, ask Shonka about him and duck for cover. He does not buy into him, at all.
“Zero,’’ Shonka said. “I saw Allen live this year at Iowa and he looks pretty. If you want a guy on the sidelines warming up, he looks pretty good. At the Senior Bowl, he did not have a good week in practice. He hit a few routes, but there’s nobody really covering. I think Josh Allen is like driving a covered wagon on the Autobahn. When he gets out there with all that speed and all the changing defenses, he can’t see it. He can’t process things fast enough. It doesn’t ever slow down for him. Everything’s so fast. He’s never thrown for a high percentage. If I hear one more time about Josh Allen’s strong arm — he can’t read defenses or make plays.”
https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/one-draft-qb-spared-in-scouts-scathing-draft-take-cow-on-ice/
From the "Darnold is like a cow on ice" guy...
As for Allen, Wyoming’s strapping, strong-armed quarterback, ask Shonka about him and duck for cover. He does not buy into him, at all.
“Zero,’’ Shonka said. “I saw Allen live this year at Iowa and he looks pretty. If you want a guy on the sidelines warming up, he looks pretty good. At the Senior Bowl, he did not have a good week in practice. He hit a few routes, but there’s nobody really covering. I think Josh Allen is like driving a covered wagon on the Autobahn. When he gets out there with all that speed and all the changing defenses, he can’t see it. He can’t process things fast enough. It doesn’t ever slow down for him. Everything’s so fast. He’s never thrown for a high percentage. If I hear one more time about Josh Allen’s strong arm — he can’t read defenses or make plays.”
https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/one-draft-qb-spared-in-scouts-scathing-draft-take-cow-on-ice/
^^^ THIS Tour. If us schmucks can see it, why in the hell are guys with 10X more football cred saying- Oh, that Josh Allen, GREAT PROSPECT. In the third round? MHO? If anyone deserves to free fall in the first round- the Wyoming Wonder should be it.
-
From the "Darnold is like a cow on ice" guy...
As for Allen, Wyoming’s strapping, strong-armed quarterback, ask Shonka about him and duck for cover. He does not buy into him, at all.
“Zero,’’ Shonka said. “I saw Allen live this year at Iowa and he looks pretty. If you want a guy on the sidelines warming up, he looks pretty good. At the Senior Bowl, he did not have a good week in practice. He hit a few routes, but there’s nobody really covering. I think Josh Allen is like driving a covered wagon on the Autobahn. When he gets out there with all that speed and all the changing defenses, he can’t see it. He can’t process things fast enough. It doesn’t ever slow down for him. Everything’s so fast. He’s never thrown for a high percentage. If I hear one more time about Josh Allen’s strong arm — he can’t read defenses or make plays.”
https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/one-draft-qb-spared-in-scouts-scathing-draft-take-cow-on-ice/
^^^ THIS Tour. If us schmucks can see it, why in the hell are guys with 10X more football cred saying- Oh, that Josh Allen, GREAT PROSPECT. In the third round? MHO? If anyone deserves to free fall in the first round- the Wyoming Wonder should be it.
^^^ THIS Tour. If us schmucks can see it, why in the hell are guys with 10X more football cred saying- Oh, that Josh Allen, GREAT PROSPECT. In the third round? MHO? If anyone deserves to free fall in the first round- the Wyoming Wonder should be it.
Funny you should say that because the NFL Radio guys had a 3rd round darkhorse they thought might end up being the best QB of the whole bunch. And I chose him as Denver's new QB @ # 113 overall. Luke Falk, Wash.St. They compared him favorably to Nick Foles who came out of a similar air-raid college system, some of which was adapted in the last SB according to them.
-
^^^ THIS Tour. If us schmucks can see it, why in the hell are guys with 10X more football cred saying- Oh, that Josh Allen, GREAT PROSPECT. In the third round? MHO? If anyone deserves to free fall in the first round- the Wyoming Wonder should be it.
Funny you should say that because the NFL Radio guys had a 3rd round darkhorse they thought might end up being the best QB of the whole bunch. And I chose him as Denver's new QB @ # 113 overall. Luke Falk, Wash.St. They compared him favorably to Nick Foles who came out of a similar air-raid college system, some of which was adapted in the last SB according to them.
Funny you should say that because the NFL Radio guys had a 3rd round darkhorse they thought might end up being the best QB of the whole bunch. And I chose him as Denver's new QB @ # 113 overall. Luke Falk, Wash.St. They compared him favorably to Nick Foles who came out of a similar air-raid college system, some of which was adapted in the last SB according to them.
I have said all along that I would not be surprised if it is one of the quarterbacks down the list that actually becomes the best quarterback of this class and not one of these "" top five.
-
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/luke-falk?id=32462018-0002-5599-38f9-753dda1f2cc9
OverviewTall, rhythm passer with good natural accuracy and years of quality production who is much more comfortable working the perimeter and against man coverage. Falk's lack of protection and average mobility has lead to a tremendous amount of sacks and quarterback hits that may have taken a toll on him. While he can throw with touch and accuracy, his deep and intermediate accuracy dipped this season. There are some holes that could be hard to correct in Falk's game and "average starter" may be his ceiling.
Weaknesses
- Quick release disguises inconsistent arm strength
- Field side throws and attempts to deep middle will float allowing defenders time to close
- Needs to work on driving ball with lower trajectory between the hash
- Too willing to make ill-advised, off-balance throws down the field
- Inconsistency with anticipatory throws is a concern
- Waits too long to cut it loose leading receivers into oncoming traffic
- Slow to see blitzers and misses hot routes
- Mobility is below average
- Sacked 125 times in his career
- Pocket poise took downturns at various points during season
- Decision making stalls out after getting through early reads
- Majority of interceptions came against zone
- Nonchalant short touch throws defaulting to back foot releases
- Must prove he can win beyond his system
- Almost 74 percent of his pass attempts were less than 10 yards
Sources Tell Us
"He's gotten so beat up in that offense that his health and poise are huge concerns for me moving forward. I was really high on him after his sophomore year but he hasn't gotten any better." -- NFC team West Coast scout
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


