Skip to content

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

The Browns Board
738 40 24.9k 1
  • yes, it's all about politics. You visited over there - and you are just one of those people.

    and yes, you are a dickhead. and you are a fool. You argue and you can't win and you think you should because you are a judge?

        I sneeze in your obnoxious direction. Figuratively speaking, of course. btw, I said before - you have to love Mayfield for stuff,

    Allen is right up there with Darnold, different questions, and I like Rudolph and Jackson more than you know who. Have a nice bitchin day.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    yes, it's all about politics. You visited over there - and you are just one of those people.

    and yes, you are a dickhead. and you are a fool. You argue and you can't win and you think you should because you are a judge?

        I sneeze in your obnoxious direction. Figuratively speaking, of course. btw, I said before - you have to love Mayfield for stuff,

    Allen is right up there with Darnold, different questions, and I like Rudolph and Jackson more than you know who. Have a nice bitchin day.

    I didn't say a word about politics.  Not sure where you got that.  Or was it my use of the term dogma?    I forget that not everyone is as sophisticated in the use of the language as I am....as you demonstrate here.  Dogma in this case has nothing to do with politics....it was in reference to your strict adherence to your personal incontrovertable belief that Allen is the best QB going. 

    And two other things:  A. Any arguments I engaged in here  I can and did win.   And B.  My winning had nothing to do with my being a magistrate....it had all to do with my being right.

    On these QBs....there are things to like about ALL of them....and things not to like about ALL of them.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    And B.  My winning had nothing to do with my being a magistrate....it had all to do with my being right.

    = Dogma.

    😆

    WSS

  • And B.  My winning had nothing to do with my being a magistrate....it had all to do with my being right.

    = Dogma.

    😆

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    And B.  My winning had nothing to do with my being a magistrate....it had all to do with my being right.

    = Dogma.

    😆

    WSS

    Yes....precisely:   My accuracy is an undeniable precept!!

    😛😉😳

  • @syd said:

    wow Phipps that's harsh man

    I remember it like it was yesterday. Allen being Phipps II is a truly scary thought..... Should I start praying for Divine Intervention?   

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And some of you are puking out the same ESPN garbage repeatedly with no context or thought behind it.

    We currently don’t have any reliable receiver on our roster whatsoever. While it’s an overpayment for a typical slot receiver,  the benefit of a reliable handed, dynamic receiver to a young QB cannot be understated. 85% of passes in the NFL are thrown within 20 yards from the LOS.  Jarvis is one of the best within 20 yards of the LOS. 

    The view that “oh Jarvis can only run short routes, therefore he’s of no use to a guy who possesses the ability to throw downfield” is shortsighted. 

    In regard to the above...  Landry is a huge positive addition. But back to Josh. I understand the "wow"factor of Allen's arm- but it takes more than that to be a pro bowl level qb in the NFL. That's what we all want right?  It doesn't impress me he was throwing 80 yard rainbows at his pro day. I'm pretty sure I've never seen an 80 yard in the air completion in the 60 or so years I've been watching the NFL.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I remember it like it was yesterday. Allen being Phipps II is a truly scary thought..... Should I start praying for Divine Intervention?   

    In regard to the above...  Landry is a huge positive addition. But back to Josh. I understand the "wow"factor of Allen's arm- but it takes more than that to be a pro bowl level qb in the NFL. That's what we all want right?  It doesn't impress me he was throwing 80 yard rainbows at his pro day. I'm pretty sure I've never seen an 80 yard in the air completion in the 60 or so years I've been watching the NFL.

    allen put's a spin on his low completion rating said that the coach's had him throwing low completion pass's Ya You Go Girl,,,,Shmuck allen

  • sydS syd

    @hoorta said:

    I remember it like it was yesterday. Allen being Phipps II is a truly scary thought..... Should I start praying for Divine Intervention?   

    In regard to the above...  Landry is a huge positive addition. But back to Josh. I understand the "wow"factor of Allen's arm- but it takes more than that to be a pro bowl level qb in the NFL. That's what we all want right?  It doesn't impress me he was throwing 80 yard rainbows at his pro day. I'm pretty sure I've never seen an 80 yard in the air completion in the 60 or so years I've been watching the NFL.

    allen put's a spin on his low completion rating said that the coach's had him throwing low completion pass's Ya You Go Girl,,,,Shmuck allen

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    allen put's a spin on his low completion rating said that the coach's had him throwing low completion pass's

    FIFY... 😉

    Saw a stat yesterday in a segment on Lamar Jackson. It was for completion percentage for passes in the 5 to 20-yd range. Jackson was the clear leader followed by Rosen then (IIRC) Mayfield and Darnold with Allen bringing up the rear and well in the rear.

  • One very funny 1:08...

    charles (“you look good” - andy reid) mcdonald@FourVerts
    the great jim brockmire breaking down josh allen for le batard show
    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    One very funny 1:08...

    "He's got a rocket arm ... But it looks like it was designed by the North Koreans."

    LOL.

    Zombo

  • @syd said:

    allen put's a spin on his low completion rating said that the coach's had him throwing low completion pass's

    FIFY... 😉

    Saw a stat yesterday in a segment on Lamar Jackson. It was for completion percentage for passes in the 5 to 20-yd range. Jackson was the clear leader followed by Rosen then (IIRC) Mayfield and Darnold with Allen bringing up the rear and well in the rear.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    FIFY... 😉

    Saw a stat yesterday in a segment on Lamar Jackson. It was for completion percentage for passes in the 5 to 20-yd range. Jackson was the clear leader followed by Rosen then (IIRC) Mayfield and Darnold with Allen bringing up the rear and well in the rear.

      Again, stats are data. Information is what is meaningful, derived from the stats. Jackson, Louisville. Mayfield, Oklahoma. Darnold, USC.

    The guy that "hoorta can't stand being brought up in an Allen thread" - UCLA, with his LT probly' being a first round draft pick, his center being a later round draft pick.

       And Allen with a bunch of guys who won't get drafted, mebbe? Mitigating factors, says I.

  • @tour2ma said:

    FIFY... 😉

    Saw a stat yesterday in a segment on Lamar Jackson. It was for completion percentage for passes in the 5 to 20-yd range. Jackson was the clear leader followed by Rosen then (IIRC) Mayfield and Darnold with Allen bringing up the rear and well in the rear.

      Again, stats are data. Information is what is meaningful, derived from the stats. Jackson, Louisville. Mayfield, Oklahoma. Darnold, USC.

    The guy that "hoorta can't stand being brought up in an Allen thread" - UCLA, with his LT probly' being a first round draft pick, his center being a later round draft pick.

       And Allen with a bunch of guys who won't get drafted, mebbe? Mitigating factors, says I.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

      Again, stats are data. Information is what is meaningful, derived from the stats. Jackson, Louisville. Mayfield, Oklahoma. Darnold, USC.

    The guy that "hoorta can't stand being brought up in an Allen thread" - UCLA, with his LT probly' being a first round draft pick, his center being a later round draft pick.

       And Allen with a bunch of guys who won't get drafted, mebbe? Mitigating factors, says I.

    I did a "statistics" comparison of the Top 6 QBs here like a month or so ago.   Mayfield was tops.  Rudolph was #2.....perhaps that is the "Big 12 thing", The two LA guys  were in the middle, with  Jackson and Allen bringing in the rear.  So, I get why you don't want to address stats.  

    You know....its like lawyering:   When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.  When the law is on your side, argue the law.  When neither are on your side....Bullshite like hell. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Data vs. Information - Differences in Meaning. Data are simply facts or figures — bits of information, but not information itself. When data are processed, interpreted, organized, structured or presented so as to make them meaningful or useful, they are called information. Information provides context for data.

    data-information.jpg

  • Data vs. Information - Differences in Meaning. Data are simply facts or figures — bits of information, but not information itself. When data are processed, interpreted, organized, structured or presented so as to make them meaningful or useful, they are called information. Information provides context for data.

    data-information.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Data vs. Information - Differences in Meaning. Data are simply facts or figures — bits of information, but not information itself. When data are processed, interpreted, organized, structured or presented so as to make them meaningful or useful, they are called information. Information provides context for data.

    data-information.jpg

    Ah...yes....I see how it works:

    giphy.gif

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Garbage in Garbage out.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

  • @tour2ma said:

    FIFY... 😉

    Saw a stat yesterday in a segment on Lamar Jackson. It was for completion percentage for passes in the 5 to 20-yd range. Jackson was the clear leader followed by Rosen then (IIRC) Mayfield and Darnold with Allen bringing up the rear and well in the rear.

      Again, stats are data. Information is what is meaningful, derived from the stats. Jackson, Louisville. Mayfield, Oklahoma. Darnold, USC.

    The guy that "hoorta can't stand being brought up in an Allen thread" - UCLA, with his LT probly' being a first round draft pick, his center being a later round draft pick.

       And Allen with a bunch of guys who won't get drafted, mebbe? Mitigating factors, says I.

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

      Again, stats are data. Information is what is meaningful, derived from the stats. Jackson, Louisville. Mayfield, Oklahoma. Darnold, USC.

    The guy that "hoorta can't stand being brought up in an Allen thread" - UCLA, with his LT probly' being a first round draft pick, his center being a later round draft pick.

       And Allen with a bunch of guys who won't get drafted, mebbe? Mitigating factors, says I.

    Defenses have to respect Jackson as a rusher in college.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    "And he can't even beat Eastern Michigan... the worst of the Michigan Directional schools..." 😆

    Best line of all...

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Best line of all...

    Hank Azaria found a gem with that character.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Best line of all...

    Hank Azaria found a gem with that character.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Hank Azaria found a gem with that character.

    He's criminally underrated.

    He said that this is his favorite role he's ever had. 

  • B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Well if he is a Cleveland Brown I hope he's Rookie of the Year. If he ain't I hope he sucks Canal water

    WSS

  • Well if he is a Cleveland Brown I hope he's Rookie of the Year. If he ain't I hope he sucks Canal water

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @westside-steve said:

    Well if he is a Cleveland Brown I hope he's Rookie of the Year. If he ain't I hope he sucks Canal water

    WSS

    Or Swamp Water.    The Meadowlands is in the swamps of Jersey....so it would be swamp water.😉

    Or maybe he will play for the Venice team of NFL Europe.......err, oh, wait....you say there is no more NFL Europe?  My bad.

    What city in the US has a lot of canals?   Fort Lauderdale.   The Dolphins stadium is closer to Ft. Lauderdale than it is to Miami. Maybe he gets taken by the Dolphins.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Hank Azaria found a gem with that character.

    He's criminally underrated.

    He said that this is his favorite role he's ever had. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    He's criminally underrated.

    He said that this is his favorite role he's ever had. 

    Saw an ad for the series on IFC last nite... I did not know it was a thing. DVR set...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by