Skip to content

Our Draft CHAT Thread

The Browns Board
160 12 5.5k
  • @poeticg said:

    I had the 49ers taking Fitzpatrick, easily the best player on the board at #9. The 49ers now have a super safety that can do it all. They can use him all over the field. Added to what they have already been building on defense the last couple drafts, this should be a good pick for them. 

    I had the Raiders taking Roquan Smith... it was a tough call between Vea and Roquan- I decided to go with Smith. 

    I liked both picks. I think both fit really well as both teams need to work on their defense. 

    I think Chubb is going to be there at #4, so I don't understand what Darren did. 

    @nero said:

    I liked both picks. I think both fit really well as both teams need to work on their defense. 

    I think Chubb is going to be there at #4, so I don't understand what Darren did. 

    I took him at 1 just before the Jets/Colts trade ....... as Indy really need a pass rush....I could not decide between 2 QB's so I thought take Chubb 1 and get 1 of my QB's at 4 .......but between picking at 1 and 4 the trade was made.....and its only fair I made the changes as it happened before the picks for those teams...... even if it did mean screwing me up.... my wish was Chubb and Darnold who I had just as my preferred QB ... I thought if I go Darnold at 1 I might miss Chubb....I took Chubb then the Jets trade happened ...if the Jets had not traded to 3 I would of took Darnold at 4 as the Colts were not taking a QB

  • @nero said:

    I liked both picks. I think both fit really well as both teams need to work on their defense. 

    I think Chubb is going to be there at #4, so I don't understand what Darren did. 

    I took him at 1 just before the Jets/Colts trade ....... as Indy really need a pass rush....I could not decide between 2 QB's so I thought take Chubb 1 and get 1 of my QB's at 4 .......but between picking at 1 and 4 the trade was made.....and its only fair I made the changes as it happened before the picks for those teams...... even if it did mean screwing me up.... my wish was Chubb and Darnold who I had just as my preferred QB ... I thought if I go Darnold at 1 I might miss Chubb....I took Chubb then the Jets trade happened ...if the Jets had not traded to 3 I would of took Darnold at 4 as the Colts were not taking a QB

    @darren15 said:

    I took him at 1 just before the Jets/Colts trade ....... as Indy really need a pass rush....I could not decide between 2 QB's so I thought take Chubb 1 and get 1 of my QB's at 4 .......but between picking at 1 and 4 the trade was made.....and its only fair I made the changes as it happened before the picks for those teams...... even if it did mean screwing me up....

    Now that you have explained it, I see where are you coming from. Yeah, many teams see the Colts as a potential landing for Chubb, so if you have 3 QBs rated the same, I would go Chubb on #1. I just hope the real Browns don't do that 😛 

  • Chubb was wa-a-a-a-ay easier to understand thanAllen... 😛

    @londonbrown said:

    The Colts are moving to a 4-3 so cant believe their luck as they select Harold Landry at #34 

    You're welcome... really thought hard about him at #31 for Bill.

    Colts are having a helluva draft...

  • Who has the Broncos? 

  • Texas I have messaged him

  • PoG-Good pick on the OT from Texas. He was one of the 3 I was debating about and came within a hair of taking him. But Talib left Denver and they really needed the best CB on the board worse. Since I already helped the OL with Nelson, I had to help the D next.

  • I get Connor Williams falling, but he's still the best of a weak OT class.

    My R2 NE pick is ready assuming 200lbMumford isn't psychic...

  • Thanks for taking Sony Michel darren. Let's hope the real life Browns do too.

  • Thanks for taking Sony Michel darren. Let's hope the real life Browns do too.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Thanks for taking Sony Michel darren. Let's hope the real life Browns do too.

    Is his name pronounced Sony....like the electronics maker.....or Sunny.....like  "have a piece of candy, sonny boy".

  • Little rush on running backs between picks 56 and 59

  • I get Connor Williams falling, but he's still the best of a weak OT class.

    My R2 NE pick is ready assuming 200lbMumford isn't psychic...

    @tour2ma said:

    I get Connor Williams falling, but he's still the best of a weak OT class.

    You might (or might not) enjoy the Ross Tucker pod this week on the O Line class

    http://www.rosstucker.com/podcasts/ross-tucker-football-podcast/

  • Maylock was talking up ND's OT Mike McGlinchy this morning as the best OT in this class. He was also saying that Nelson the guard is the best to come along in many years and has All-Pro written all over him. He thinks NYG need to seriously consider taking him #2 overall rather than a QB or trade down.

  • Denver traded their 6th round pick to the Cardinals for an offensive tackle....amendment made to our draft

  • Denver traded their 6th round pick to the Cardinals for an offensive tackle....amendment made to our draft

    @darren15 said:

    Denver traded their 6th pick to the Cardinals for an offensive tackle....amendment made to our draft

    6th round pick

  • @darren15 said:

    Denver traded their 6th pick to the Cardinals for an offensive tackle....amendment made to our draft

    6th round pick

    @sissyboyfloyd said:

    6th round pick

    Thats what I said look again 🙂   

  • I'm okay with draft going this slow, but it does seem like we could go allot faster if everyone would turn in their top 3 or 4 picks ahead of time, especially whenever it gets within 3 or 4 picks from your upcoming one.  I find it quite easy to do.  Before I go to sleep if its getting close to my turn, or if I am going out or being away from my pc for hours.

    Just something to consider.

  • I'm okay with draft going this slow, but it does seem like we could go allot faster if everyone would turn in their top 3 or 4 picks ahead of time, especially whenever it gets within 3 or 4 picks from your upcoming one.  I find it quite easy to do.  Before I go to sleep if its getting close to my turn, or if I am going out or being away from my pc for hours.

    Just something to consider.

    @sissyboyfloyd said:

    I'm okay with draft going this slow, but it does seem like we could go allot faster if everyone would turn in their top 3 or 4 picks ahead of time, especially whenever it gets within 3 or 4 picks from your upcoming one.  I find it quite easy to do.  Before I go to sleep if its getting close to my turn, or if I am going out or being away from my pc for hours.

    Just something to consider.

    It normally takes a few weeks......we tend to get it done in plenty of time before the draft......sometimes we have time to do another 1 or 2 rounder

  • Leaving for a hospital procedure pre night stay in Orlando ....... procedure tomorrow.....will be home Tuesday early afternoon ....if I wake up from it ....... if I dont you will have to nominate another Commish 🙂

    The 3 threads will be updated when I get home ........... I have left my Chiefs picks with Tour who also has the Bengals pick from Mumford....should be home by the Bills pick at the end of the round ...... you dont have to rush as we have weeks to complete 🙂   have a good day

  • I'll start a separate thread to track Round 3 picks during your sex change... hope everything comes out... errr... off OK.

    So far I've no PMs with any proxy picks in my nearly empty Inbox.

  • resent them tour