Skip to content

Darnold at #1?

Locked The Browns Board
318 55 10.2k 1
  • I feel it's between Rosen and Darnold

  • I feel it's between Rosen and Darnold

    @domcucch1994 said:

    I feel it's between Rosen and Darnold

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    I feel it's between Rosen and Darnold

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

    @bigalow80 said:

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

    Allen has a great arm, but his accuracy is a$$
    Didn't we try to teach Kizer how to be accurate? How did that work out?

  • No no no no no, and no.

    4-44 last 3 years; a big reason is trading away picks and drafting the wrong talent. 

    Why continue that cycle? Makes no sense whatsoever.

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    I feel it's between Rosen and Darnold

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

    @bigalow80 said:

    .... with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue.

    LOLLOLOLLOLOL!  The QB whisperer lost his voice and all credibility in his "fix" of the Kaiser's similar strong armed inaccuracy issues.  And now he will "fix' Allen's???!!

    And you wanna be my latex salesman! I don't think so.🙄

  • ESPN Cleveland currently taking a vote on preferred next QB ....current results....lotta love for Baker

    60%  Sam Darnold
    00%  Baker Mayfield
    16%  Josh Rosen
    24%  Josh Allen
  • @bigalow80 said:

    .... with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue.

    LOLLOLOLLOLOL!  The QB whisperer lost his voice and all credibility in his "fix" of the Kaiser's similar strong armed inaccuracy issues.  And now he will "fix' Allen's???!!

    And you wanna be my latex salesman! I don't think so.🙄

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOLLOLOLLOLOL!  The QB whisperer lost his voice and all credibility in his "fix" of the Kaiser's similar strong armed inaccuracy issues.  And now he will "fix' Allen's???!!

    And you wanna be my latex salesman! I don't think so.🙄

    You're just lucky I swallowed my coffee before reading this. 

  • Hopefully these guys are smart enough to pick the best quarterback at number one. Then while we are hoping cross our fingers that the next two picks are also quarterbacks and Barkley falls to the Cleveland Browns. And we will stay on the Hope train wishing for the pundits to be right about him.

    WSS

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    I feel it's between Rosen and Darnold

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

    @bigalow80 said:

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

    I like the idea of a trade with the bills, I take both 1st's, there top 2nd. and a 1st next year, thats what I want, look at what the jets gave up to move 3 spots, then I trade one of my lower 2nd's for a next year 1st. go into next year with 3 first, plus im loaded this year. as for the QB's it seams like 3 are in play, with the 4th. being an out side chance. I really like Allen, but most of the so called experts say it's Darnold, I can be happy with that.... For the love of god...Please I.m begging.....pick the right one......

  • @domcucch1994 said:

    I feel it's between Rosen and Darnold

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

    @bigalow80 said:

    I disagree. I think it is Allen and Darnold with a big lean towards Allen. Dorsey and company love the big arm and I'm sure Hue feels he can fix the accuracy issue. Personally, I think Darnold is the safest of the big 4, although Allen has the most "potential". 

    As far as trading down goes, it all depends on the offer. I don't think the Broncos are trading up to #4. I think they are going to sit at #5 and take BPA whether that is Barkley or Nelson and then draft a qb in the second or trade-up into the late first. This is also assuming their are 4 qb's off the board at this point.  Keenum gives them at least 2 years of quality starting qb work and Lynch still has another cheap year to develop. Now, if their is a guy sitting  their at #5, I believe they might pull the trigger but they won't be moving up to get him.

    I think the only realistic team to trade-up with the Browns is going to be the Bills, assuming the Giants don't make that deal. If it was me making the deal, it would be both their #1's, both #2's and Tre'davious White. That would be the only deal I make. The bills may consider it due to the fact that they are not giving up any picks next year, and they still have the browns pick at #65 plus their own in the third round. It's a pretty fair deal to  go up and get your qb. If not, stand pat and draft BPA. I also do not think their is another team whom is going to want to trade-up that high or give Dorsey enough to pass on Chubb or Barkley.

    All other things being equal everyone loves "the big arm", but it's pretty clear in this class all other things are not equal. When you have the lowest floor and the biggest arm I can see the case for greatest potential... but the odds of reaching that potential? Pretty much nil, IMO...

    And if Hue is talking at all about fixing a QB, then he may as well be fired now, as he has still not elevated his function to his job level.

    Darnold? Different story because despite his obvious flaws, he has produced at the collegiate level. While I think he lacks the read ability to avoid a performance drop as he moves to the Pros, at least I see reasonable odds of him developing.

    Denver's interest in our #4 pick will entirely ride upon which QB(s) are still on the Board at #4. If one is there that they like, they have to defend the pick. They are in the same position as NYG. They believe they are Drafting this early thru happenstance and do not expect to be anywhere near the top five when 2015 is done.

    Same can be said IMO about NYG. I think they are hanging onto the #2 until they see what QB's name we turned in. If it's not their guy's name, then they tap dance to the podium. If it is their guy's name, then they start answering the phone and making calls.

    Just as no one puts together big offers to trade up for a non-QB, neither does anyone refuse big deals to select a non-QB.

  • and man was it pouring out a regular deluge 

  • That wind up is nerve racking though, i will admit. You watch rosen's pro day and it's a thing of beauty. TFIW, Rosen looks bulkier too me. He looks as though he has added about 20 lbs of muscle. 

  • I don't like Darnold's face. He looks confused all the time 

  • I don't like Darnold's face. He looks confused all the time 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't like Darnold's face. He looks confused all the time 

    well that's a fantastic way to evaluate a draft prospect maybe next time you could say something like hhmmm  his butt is either to big or to small ? or maybe the color of his car ? you know you may be on to something the scouts have been doing it wrong all along no wonder there are so many busts in the league

  • Draft Darnold with #1. Giants and Jets will take QBs at #2 & 3 (why would the Jets spend all that draft capital to move up, just to draft a RB?), then draft Barkley at #4 and you call it a day and job well done on the first day. This isn't rocket science.

  • sydS syd

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't like Darnold's face. He looks confused all the time 

    well that's a fantastic way to evaluate a draft prospect maybe next time you could say something like hhmmm  his butt is either to big or to small ? or maybe the color of his car ? you know you may be on to something the scouts have been doing it wrong all along no wonder there are so many busts in the league

    @syd said:

    well that's a fantastic way to evaluate a draft prospect maybe next time you could say something like hhmmm  his butt is either to big or to small ? or maybe the color of his car ? you know you may be on to something the scouts have been doing it wrong all along no wonder there are so many busts in the league

    Hey I'm not a scout so I feel like I can trust Dorsey to make the right decision on this and I'll stand by his pick. Darnold just looks like a doofus. Like the kind of guy that would get stuck under the flag.

  • @syd said:

    well that's a fantastic way to evaluate a draft prospect maybe next time you could say something like hhmmm  his butt is either to big or to small ? or maybe the color of his car ? you know you may be on to something the scouts have been doing it wrong all along no wonder there are so many busts in the league

    Hey I'm not a scout so I feel like I can trust Dorsey to make the right decision on this and I'll stand by his pick. Darnold just looks like a doofus. Like the kind of guy that would get stuck under the flag.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Hey I'm not a scout so I feel like I can trust Dorsey to make the right decision on this and I'll stand by his pick. Darnold just looks like a doofus. Like the kind of guy that would get stuck under the flag.

    hahahhahaa

  • I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves here, because we still haven't heard the opinion from the Carnac the Magnificent begging for change in Kinsman that is Jimmy's go to guy for draft advice. 😆