Darnold at #1?
-
I'm now to the point where I'm fine with THREE of the QB's.
Different order and I can only get to two...
What separates Rosen from the pack in my mind are his demonstrated abilities to go thru progressions and anticipate throws... two skills that none of the other top four QBs have shown. This overwhelms my minimal concern about concussion potential. Pocket QBs, which is what Rosen is, are concussed less frequently than running QBs. When you have a floor this high starring you in the face, you don't go looking for ceilings.
Second, a distant second for me, is Mayfield. In part it's the "chip-on-his-shoulder"... in part it's his accuracy... in part it's his solid fundamentals... and in part it's simply that once I took a hard look any reminder of JFF faded away. While I do not see "NFL ready", his transition will be among the toughest of this year's crop, I do see him making it eventually.
Darnold? I tried to accept him in large part due to a building, resignation-fueled inevitability. I tried to convince myself that a guy who can post his numbers with this many flaws has upside. I wish I had not watched his Pro Day. I wish I had seen what almost everyone else says they saw. But I did watch and so I just can't hop on the Darnold train.
Allen? Another Pro Day I should not have watched because again it left questions in my mind about what is wrong. If we want to get as close as we can to Kizer 2.0, look no further.
Different order and I can only get to two...
What separates Rosen from the pack in my mind are his demonstrated abilities to go thru progressions and anticipate throws... two skills that none of the other top four QBs have shown. This overwhelms my minimal concern about concussion potential. Pocket QBs, which is what Rosen is, are concussed less frequently than running QBs. When you have a floor this high starring you in the face, you don't go looking for ceilings.
Second, a distant second for me, is Mayfield. In part it's the "chip-on-his-shoulder"... in part it's his accuracy... in part it's his solid fundamentals... and in part it's simply that once I took a hard look any reminder of JFF faded away. While I do not see "NFL ready", his transition will be among the toughest of this year's crop, I do see him making it eventually.
Darnold? I tried to accept him in large part due to a building, resignation-fueled inevitability. I tried to convince myself that a guy who can post his numbers with this many flaws has upside. I wish I had not watched his Pro Day. I wish I had seen what almost everyone else says they saw. But I did watch and so I just can't hop on the Darnold train.
Allen? Another Pro Day I should not have watched because again it left questions in my mind about what is wrong. If we want to get as close as we can to Kizer 2.0, look no further.
Passes the eye test many times over.
-
Did you guys see this report that we are baiting the Giants to trade with us so they can take Darnold and we take Allen. Nightmare city if true.
-
I saw that as well. It's interesting that there seem to be quite a few reports out there about how much the browns really like Allen. Would it shock you if the giants swapped #2 and OBJ for #1 and Coleman? I personally don't want anything to do with OBJ as I think he is a cancer, but that is the type of deal that the browns could make and people would find a way to think it was ok. Also, the signing of Stanton just screams to me they want a guy whom is not going to see the field for at least 1 year and that guy is Josh Allen.
-
Did you guys see this report that we are baiting the Giants to trade with us so they can take Darnold and we take Allen. Nightmare city if true.
Did you guys see this report that we are baiting the Giants to trade with us so they can take Darnold and we take Allen. Nightmare city if true.
Yup... sent me right to the couch for recuperation...
-
I saw that as well. It's interesting that there seem to be quite a few reports out there about how much the browns really like Allen. Would it shock you if the giants swapped #2 and OBJ for #1 and Coleman? I personally don't want anything to do with OBJ as I think he is a cancer, but that is the type of deal that the browns could make and people would find a way to think it was ok. Also, the signing of Stanton just screams to me they want a guy whom is not going to see the field for at least 1 year and that guy is Josh Allen.
I saw that as well. It's interesting that there seem to be quite a few reports out there about how much the browns really like Allen. Would it shock you if the giants swapped #2 and OBJ for #1 and Coleman? I personally don't want anything to do with OBJ as I think he is a cancer, but that is the type of deal that the browns could make and people would find a way to think it was ok. Also, the signing of Stanton just screams to me they want a guy whom is not going to see the field for at least 1 year and that guy is Josh Allen.
Agree on OBJ... availability is low and he's turned out to be a real diva.
Allen may be the least prepared to start in the NFL, but Darnold needs time as well and any QB could benefit from some learning time... so I don't read that much into the Stanton move.
-
I saw that as well. It's interesting that there seem to be quite a few reports out there about how much the browns really like Allen. Would it shock you if the giants swapped #2 and OBJ for #1 and Coleman? I personally don't want anything to do with OBJ as I think he is a cancer, but that is the type of deal that the browns could make and people would find a way to think it was ok. Also, the signing of Stanton just screams to me they want a guy whom is not going to see the field for at least 1 year and that guy is Josh Allen.
Agree on OBJ... availability is low and he's turned out to be a real diva.
Allen may be the least prepared to start in the NFL, but Darnold needs time as well and any QB could benefit from some learning time... so I don't read that much into the Stanton move.
Agree on OBJ... availability is low and he's turned out to be a real diva.
Allen may be the least prepared to start in the NFL, but Darnold needs time as well and any QB could benefit from some learning time... so I don't read that much into the Stanton move.
The only thing to consider is that the Browns will almost certainly have 3 QB's on the 53 man roster, which Hue has been very opposed to most weeks.
-
Did you guys see this report that we are baiting the Giants to trade with us so they can take Darnold and we take Allen. Nightmare city if true.
Did you guys see this report that we are baiting the Giants to trade with us so they can take Darnold and we take Allen. Nightmare city if true.
If true, this is the moment we look back at and point to as the beginning of the end of John Dorsey, GM of the Cleveland Browns.
I can't stress how bad a fit Josh Allen is for the Browns, and vice versa.
-
If the Giants give us ODB and the #2, I would be fine with letting them draft #1... as long as they promise not to draft Saquon there.

-
Jim Mora thinks Darnold is the best fit for the Browns. Pretty interesting. He has stated before that he thinks Rosen and Darnold are both going to be awesome.
-
Think he wished he got darnold at ucla
-
If the Giants give us ODB and the #2, I would be fine with letting them draft #1... as long as they promise not to draft Saquon there.

If the Giants give us ODB and the #2, I would be fine with letting them draft #1... as long as they promise not to draft Saquon there.

Already told you once Po- when teams trade- you can't ask them who they're trading for. I posted this in another thread, 2019 salaries, let's see- assuming Josh stays clean RFA- $10 million. Landry $16 million. OBJ $19 million. That's $45 million tied up in one position. IT'S NOT HAPPENING. That's 1\4th of your cap room on three players.
-
USC may have scored 27 but, to me at least, this is the game I watched that most scares me about Darnold's ability at the pro level. If you haven't watched the game vs Washy St. I suggest you do. So many things here that just aren't good which would show their ugly head again and various points throughout the season.
-
USC may have scored 27 but, to me at least, this is the game I watched that most scares me about Darnold's ability at the pro level. If you haven't watched the game vs Washy St. I suggest you do. So many things here that just aren't good which would show their ugly head again and various points throughout the season.
USC may have scored 27 but, to me at least, this is the game I watched that most scares me about Darnold's ability at the pro level. If you haven't watched the game vs Washy St. I suggest you do. So many things here that just aren't good which would show their ugly head again and various points throughout the season.
Reminded me of the Ohio State game.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

