What is the future of football?
-
Soccer is just plain boring. So boring you think your teeth are gonna fall out.....and then they go to EXTRA time. It's like a penance.
I DID hear a funny line while watching a game, the announcer was talking about one of the teams being so bad that, they were lucky to have nil.

Soccer is just plain boring. So boring you think your teeth are gonna fall out.....and then they go to EXTRA time. It's like a penance.
I DID hear a funny line while watching a game, the announcer was talking about one of the teams being so bad that, they were lucky to have nil.

If you guys think Soccer is boring (when a NFL game, which I love, takes four hours) I dread the day you discover Cricket. . .
-
Soccer is just plain boring. So boring you think your teeth are gonna fall out.....and then they go to EXTRA time. It's like a penance.
I DID hear a funny line while watching a game, the announcer was talking about one of the teams being so bad that, they were lucky to have nil.

If you guys think Soccer is boring (when a NFL game, which I love, takes four hours) I dread the day you discover Cricket. . .
If you guys think Soccer is boring (when a NFL game, which I love, takes four hours) I dread the day you discover Cricket. . .
Sometimes on a late summer night I have a beer outside and listen to their mating calls. I'm sure some of 'em score.

-
If you guys think Soccer is boring (when a NFL game, which I love, takes four hours) I dread the day you discover Cricket. . .
Sometimes on a late summer night I have a beer outside and listen to their mating calls. I'm sure some of 'em score.

Sometimes on a late summer night I have a beer outside and listen to their mating calls. I'm sure some of 'em score.

I prefer to watch fireflies....or lightning bugs....whichever you prefer

-
The answer is oh so simple: Bubble wrap

-
What is the future of (AMERICAN) football?
Well as long as there is money on the table it essentially stays as is for the near future, if/when viewership and attendance continue to drop (yes even in Super Bowls, 3 straight down years), the sponsors start backing away, moms continue to refuse to let their little boys play tackle football and the younger generations keep staying away from the sport in increasing numbers changes will happen.
So let's look at the mjp list of exciting world and AMERICAN sports......unofficial of course:
1. NCAA FOOTBALL
2. NFL FOOTBALL
3. MLB
4. NHL
5. NCAA BASKETBALL
6. NBA, except if the Cavaliers are in it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
98. CRICKET (new)
99. SOCCER
100. anything else left
So there you go........
-
What is the future of (AMERICAN) football?
Well as long as there is money on the table it essentially stays as is for the near future, if/when viewership and attendance continue to drop (yes even in Super Bowls, 3 straight down years), the sponsors start backing away, moms continue to refuse to let their little boys play tackle football and the younger generations keep staying away from the sport in increasing numbers changes will happen.
So let's look at the mjp list of exciting world and AMERICAN sports......unofficial of course:
1. NCAA FOOTBALL
2. NFL FOOTBALL
3. MLB
4. NHL
5. NCAA BASKETBALL
6. NBA, except if the Cavaliers are in it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
98. CRICKET (new)
99. SOCCER
100. anything else left
So there you go........
What is the future of (AMERICAN) football?
Well as long as there is money on the table it essentially stays as is for the near future, if/when viewership and attendance continue to drop (yes even in Super Bowls, 3 straight down years), the sponsors start backing away, moms continue to refuse to let their little boys play tackle football and the younger generations keep staying away from the sport in increasing numbers changes will happen.
So let's look at the mjp list of exciting world and AMERICAN sports......unofficial of course:
1. NCAA FOOTBALL
2. NFL FOOTBALL
3. MLB
4. NHL
5. NCAA BASKETBALL
6. NBA, except if the Cavaliers are in it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
98. CRICKET (new)
99. SOCCER
100. anything else left
So there you go........
I often get excited watching a good golf match. My wife even more so....and she hates just about all the other sports, except baseball.
-
What is the future of (AMERICAN) football?
Well as long as there is money on the table it essentially stays as is for the near future, if/when viewership and attendance continue to drop (yes even in Super Bowls, 3 straight down years), the sponsors start backing away, moms continue to refuse to let their little boys play tackle football and the younger generations keep staying away from the sport in increasing numbers changes will happen.
So let's look at the mjp list of exciting world and AMERICAN sports......unofficial of course:
1. NCAA FOOTBALL
2. NFL FOOTBALL
3. MLB
4. NHL
5. NCAA BASKETBALL
6. NBA, except if the Cavaliers are in it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
98. CRICKET (new)
99. SOCCER
100. anything else left
So there you go........
I often get excited watching a good golf match. My wife even more so....and she hates just about all the other sports, except baseball.
I often get excited watching a good golf match. My wife even more so....and she hates just about all the other sports, except baseball.
Now golf is a real pussified game. The object is to put it in the hole with a long stick right?
And they set up all kinds of barriers to keep you from doing that. Yep that there is some game!

-
Remember Jarts? They looked like large darts that you threw at a circle in the lawn? I wonder how many kids got impaled before the banned them? Used to have a set in my parents yard.

-
I often get excited watching a good golf match. My wife even more so....and she hates just about all the other sports, except baseball.
Now golf is a real pussified game. The object is to put it in the hole with a long stick right?
And they set up all kinds of barriers to keep you from doing that. Yep that there is some game!

Now golf is a real pussified game. The object is to put it in the hole with a long stick right?
And they set up all kinds of barriers to keep you from doing that. Yep that there is some game!

It is not a physical/contact/collision sport....but I don't know about pussified. It takes tremendous skill.
-


-

-
Remember Jarts? They looked like large darts that you threw at a circle in the lawn? I wonder how many kids got impaled before the banned them? Used to have a set in my parents yard.

Remember Jarts? They looked like large darts that you threw at a circle in the lawn? I wonder how many kids got impaled before the banned them? Used to have a set in my parents yard.
LAWN DARTS! Now those suckers were fun......might have to move them up to #3 or 4 on the mjp list.
-
Now golf is a real pussified game. The object is to put it in the hole with a long stick right?
And they set up all kinds of barriers to keep you from doing that. Yep that there is some game!

It is not a physical/contact/collision sport....but I don't know about pussified. It takes tremendous skill.
It is not a physical/contact/collision sport....but I don't know about pussified. It takes tremendous skill.
Pool is fun, so is the World Poker Tour.

Golf was fun during the Arnie, Jack, Chi-chi era for me.
Actually some games are just more fun to do than watch......like sock-her. "Professional flopping".
-
-
Lawn Jarts. Did anybody EVER think that was a good idea? Even as a little kid I thought there was something wrong with that game.
-
-
Lawn Jarts. Did anybody EVER think that was a good idea? Even as a little kid I thought there was something wrong with that game.
-
It was an OK idea. We had them. You just had to be smart enough to stay out of the way. Some Kids were too stupid to do so.
...and some kids threw them really lousily. My neighbor had them. We played them as kids...and even as a kid the back of my mind knew that that game wasn't really a good idea.
But we digress.
I think today the NFL installed a targeting rule such that a player can be tossed from the game for targeting with his helmet.
-
It was an OK idea. We had them. You just had to be smart enough to stay out of the way. Some Kids were too stupid to do so.
...and some kids threw them really lousily. My neighbor had them. We played them as kids...and even as a kid the back of my mind knew that that game wasn't really a good idea.
But we digress.
I think today the NFL installed a targeting rule such that a player can be tossed from the game for targeting with his helmet.
...and some kids threw them really lousily.
Was always fun to see how far you could bury the nose of a Jart* in the lawn... either by throwing it up or down..
______________________________________________________________________________________________
* Why "Jart"? They were lawn darts so why not "Lart"? Did J stand for jugular?
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
