What is the future of football?
-
Lawn Jarts. Did anybody EVER think that was a good idea? Even as a little kid I thought there was something wrong with that game.
-
-
Lawn Jarts. Did anybody EVER think that was a good idea? Even as a little kid I thought there was something wrong with that game.
-
It was an OK idea. We had them. You just had to be smart enough to stay out of the way. Some Kids were too stupid to do so.
...and some kids threw them really lousily. My neighbor had them. We played them as kids...and even as a kid the back of my mind knew that that game wasn't really a good idea.
But we digress.
I think today the NFL installed a targeting rule such that a player can be tossed from the game for targeting with his helmet.
-
It was an OK idea. We had them. You just had to be smart enough to stay out of the way. Some Kids were too stupid to do so.
...and some kids threw them really lousily. My neighbor had them. We played them as kids...and even as a kid the back of my mind knew that that game wasn't really a good idea.
But we digress.
I think today the NFL installed a targeting rule such that a player can be tossed from the game for targeting with his helmet.
...and some kids threw them really lousily.
Was always fun to see how far you could bury the nose of a Jart* in the lawn... either by throwing it up or down..
______________________________________________________________________________________________
* Why "Jart"? They were lawn darts so why not "Lart"? Did J stand for jugular?
-
-
New 'Jarts' non lethal type:
So now they knock ya unconscious.
-
Remember Jarts? They looked like large darts that you threw at a circle in the lawn? I wonder how many kids got impaled before the banned them? Used to have a set in my parents yard.

Remember Jarts?
If ya ever spear that loop in half with a Jart? Don't let your sister beat ya with it like a belt for ruining the game...MoM, I didn't do it on purpose!!(really?,double your pleasure, double your fun
)
-
Just my .02 cents given I'm a "younger" man on the board.
While football is on the decline, any talk of it being out on the outs in highly exaggerated. It's still by wide margin the preferred sport of my generation (who will soon have the buying power) and still the favorite of the generation after me. Sure, it may not be the absolute dominant sport it used to be, but I don't think we're even 20 years away from seeing any seismic shift in preferences. One thing that's really important to note is that many folks in my generation aren't watching on traditional TV either. This does a good job discussing that: http://deadline.com/2018/02/super-bowl-ratings-eagles-patriots-this-is-us-nbc-1202278181/. So when it's stated that viewership went down, they are talking in terms of traditional TV's. That's a really flawed metric to use.
To the point of safety, I think you gotta realize by in large fans don't care. I can't put my finger on a study I read recently but it was something like 80+% of people noted that the new data on CTE, injuries etc had NO impact on them watching football. Hell, if I'm being really honest I can't say it does for me. I'm definitely down to support safety measures, but it's not as though I feel "bad" for the guys either. I certainly don't wish evil on people but you gotta know bad things are gonna happen to your head mashing it against people for 20+ years.
Point is, I think we're decades (at minimum) before we see anything else than football dominating the landscape of american sports. It's gotta be realized that my generation (and beyond) are cutting the cord but still want football, which means not having stupid directv dominant the online sphere.
-
...and some kids threw them really lousily.
Was always fun to see how far you could bury the nose of a Jart* in the lawn... either by throwing it up or down..
______________________________________________________________________________________________
* Why "Jart"? They were lawn darts so why not "Lart"? Did J stand for jugular?
Was always fun to see how far you could bury the nose of a Jart* in the lawn... either by throwing it up or down..
______________________________________________________________________________________________
* Why "Jart"? They were lawn darts so why not "Lart"? Did J stand for jugular?
Hey we boomer kids were tough.....not like these weenie Millenials and their video games.

Besides I kind of liked Lawn Darts, sounds less lethal than let's say Lethal Weapon 4.
-
Two hand touch is the future of football bitche$!!
-
Was always fun to see how far you could bury the nose of a Jart* in the lawn... either by throwing it up or down..
______________________________________________________________________________________________
* Why "Jart"? They were lawn darts so why not "Lart"? Did J stand for jugular?
Hey we boomer kids were tough.....not like these weenie Millenials and their video games.

Besides I kind of liked Lawn Darts, sounds less lethal than let's say Lethal Weapon 4.
-
Two hand touch is the future of football bitche$!!
Two hand touch is the future of football bitche$!!
What and only the women will play tackle football?
-
Two hand touch is the future of football bitche$!!
What and only the women will play tackle football?
-
I can get behind this..
Then go back to page one.

-
I can get behind this..
Then go back to page one.

Then go back to page one.

Nah I think im gonna get a cannoli instead...
-
I can get behind this..
Behind this? Yeah it is a little different than the men's game but hey its football.
-
I can get behind this..
Then go back to page one.

Then go back to page one.

I am really glad I went back to page one.. Yo yo ma!!!
-
Two hand touch is the future of football bitche$!!
What and only the women will play tackle football?
-
I'm pretty sure that whacking a fast moving soccer ball with your head is NOT gonna be good for your brain. The elimination of the header is in soccer's future.
I'm pretty sure that whacking a fast moving soccer ball with your head is NOT gonna be good for your brain. The elimination of the header is in soccer's future.
Just read an article on this and it’s by a coach in USA
https://thesetpieces.com/features/should-heading-the-ball-be-banned-until-the-professional-level/
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login



