Skip to content

Athlon 2018 Draft Guide's QB Rankings...

The Browns Board
6 4 386
  • There's some head scratchers in the Athlon list so I added a little world according to Flugel to the demographics

    1. Josh Rosen, UCLA, 6'4" 220 lbs, 1st round - Can't say FAW-Q to his IQ, mechanics or accuracy.
    2. Sam Darnold, USC, 6'4" 225 lbs, 1st round - Sported a 20-4 record with 57 TD:22 INT with 64.9 cmp%
    3. Josh Allen, Wyoming, 6'5" 230 lbs, 1st round - has Jamarcus Russell arm strength so here he is folks.
    4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma, 6'0" 220 lbs, 1st round - "I make guys around me better. I push them hard."
    5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville, 6'3" 210 lbs, 1st/2nd round - He's a 1 read passer that just ran again as we speak.
    6. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State, 6'4" 225 lbs, 2nd/3rd round - Gips pronounces the 1st name MySon.
    7. Riley Ferguson, Memphis, 6'3" 210 lbs, 3rd/4th round - Nice value here IMO.
    8. Kurt Benkert, Virginia, 6'3" 225 lbs, 4th/5th round - 46 TD:21 INT with comp % of 57.7 and record of 8-16
    9. Luke Falk, Washington State, 6'3" 205 lbs, 4th/5th round - once he spells his last name right, LOOK OUT!
    10. Mike White, Western Kentucky, 6'4" 215 lbs, 4th/5th round - very tempting to double dip here at this value.
    11. Tanner Lee, Nebraska, 6'4" 225 lbs, 5th round - did he set a record for INTs in the Senior Bowl? Felt bad 4 him.
    12. Kyle Lauletta, Richmond, 6'2" 215 lbs, 6th/7th round - better #s than Allen vrs same level of competition
    13. Matt Linehan, Idaho, 6'2" 220 lbs, 7th round - the son of Dallas OC Scott Linehan and might also be a son of betchya thought I was gonna swear.
    14. Jeremiah Briscoe, Sam Houston State, 6'2" 220 lbs, 7th round - 14 TD:5 INT, 57 TD:10 INT, 47 TD:16 INT
    15. J.T. Barrett, Ohio State, 6'1" 220 lbs, 7th round - worth a look this late.
    16. Kyle Allen, Houston, 6'3" 215 lbs, 7th round - don't understand why this transfer gone wrong made the list but this is the year to overrate QBs named Allen I suppose.

    I'd replace #16 with Logan Woodside of Toldeo, 6'1" 213 lbs with the following numbers he put up his last 2 years: 2016  69.1 comp % 4129 yds 45 TD 9 INT and  2017  64.2 comp % 3882 yds 28 TD 8 INT. Aside from that, he impressed me at the Combines as well. I think it was Mayock that said "this kid's got something" at the Combine. I agree.

  • Got curious about Athlon's method, takes, etc. Looks like subscription is required, but did find this sneak peek into their top five:

    https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-draft-rankings-quarterbacks-2018

    Thanks for the full list...

  • There's some head scratchers in the Athlon list so I added a little world according to Flugel to the demographics

    1. Josh Rosen, UCLA, 6'4" 220 lbs, 1st round - Can't say FAW-Q to his IQ, mechanics or accuracy.
    2. Sam Darnold, USC, 6'4" 225 lbs, 1st round - Sported a 20-4 record with 57 TD:22 INT with 64.9 cmp%
    3. Josh Allen, Wyoming, 6'5" 230 lbs, 1st round - has Jamarcus Russell arm strength so here he is folks.
    4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma, 6'0" 220 lbs, 1st round - "I make guys around me better. I push them hard."
    5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville, 6'3" 210 lbs, 1st/2nd round - He's a 1 read passer that just ran again as we speak.
    6. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State, 6'4" 225 lbs, 2nd/3rd round - Gips pronounces the 1st name MySon.
    7. Riley Ferguson, Memphis, 6'3" 210 lbs, 3rd/4th round - Nice value here IMO.
    8. Kurt Benkert, Virginia, 6'3" 225 lbs, 4th/5th round - 46 TD:21 INT with comp % of 57.7 and record of 8-16
    9. Luke Falk, Washington State, 6'3" 205 lbs, 4th/5th round - once he spells his last name right, LOOK OUT!
    10. Mike White, Western Kentucky, 6'4" 215 lbs, 4th/5th round - very tempting to double dip here at this value.
    11. Tanner Lee, Nebraska, 6'4" 225 lbs, 5th round - did he set a record for INTs in the Senior Bowl? Felt bad 4 him.
    12. Kyle Lauletta, Richmond, 6'2" 215 lbs, 6th/7th round - better #s than Allen vrs same level of competition
    13. Matt Linehan, Idaho, 6'2" 220 lbs, 7th round - the son of Dallas OC Scott Linehan and might also be a son of betchya thought I was gonna swear.
    14. Jeremiah Briscoe, Sam Houston State, 6'2" 220 lbs, 7th round - 14 TD:5 INT, 57 TD:10 INT, 47 TD:16 INT
    15. J.T. Barrett, Ohio State, 6'1" 220 lbs, 7th round - worth a look this late.
    16. Kyle Allen, Houston, 6'3" 215 lbs, 7th round - don't understand why this transfer gone wrong made the list but this is the year to overrate QBs named Allen I suppose.

    I'd replace #16 with Logan Woodside of Toldeo, 6'1" 213 lbs with the following numbers he put up his last 2 years: 2016  69.1 comp % 4129 yds 45 TD 9 INT and  2017  64.2 comp % 3882 yds 28 TD 8 INT. Aside from that, he impressed me at the Combines as well. I think it was Mayock that said "this kid's got something" at the Combine. I agree.

    @flugel said:

    1. Kurt Benkert, Virginia, 6'3" 225 lbs, 4th/5th round - 46 TD:21 INT with comp % of 57.7 and record of 8-16
    2. Mike White, Western Kentucky, 6'4" 215 lbs, 4th/5th round - very tempting to double dip here at this value.
    3. Kyle Lauletta, Richmond, 6'2" 215 lbs, 6th/7th round - better #s than Allen vrs same level of competition

    If Dorsey is a "take a flyer on a QB" late or a UDFA.^^.Due to my TV surrounding area I've watched some Kyle Lauletta games.2 Hour drive.The kid is impressive in the pocket.Had quite a Senior Bowl week also. Good numbers & dug this back up, that writes him up well.. https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/7/17091340/qb1-the-kyle-lauletta-chronicle  I'd put him against Kevin Hogan as a camp arm..(frame video #5/#6, he's got some McCown in him) 

  • Logan Woodside put up some great numbers at Toledo. 

  • Got curious about Athlon's method, takes, etc. Looks like subscription is required, but did find this sneak peek into their top five:

    https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-draft-rankings-quarterbacks-2018

    Thanks for the full list...

    @tour2ma said:

    Got curious about Athlon's method, takes, etc. Looks like subscription is required, but did find this sneak peek into their top five:

    https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-draft-rankings-quarterbacks-2018

    Thanks for the full list...

    Thanks Tour!  I bought the Draft Guide Magazine at Walmart a couple weeks ago. It's the one pictured in your link with Baker on the cover.  I have to look and see what other guides are out there.

    In the the next couple weeks or so - I'll try to provide lists of other positions from it.