Skip to content

Browns sign drew stanton

The Browns Board
63 31 2.0k 1
  • I have this feeling this means they are leaning Allen...They want to give him the longest possible chance to develop

    @bigalow80 said:

    I have this feeling this means they are leaning Allen...They want to give him the longest possible chance to develop

    God I hope not.... that's a sure fire way the Browns could Browns it up with a pick at 1 and 4.

  • @bigalow80 said:

    I have this feeling this means they are leaning Allen...They want to give him the longest possible chance to develop

    God I hope not.... that's a sure fire way the Browns could Browns it up with a pick at 1 and 4.

    @d-bone said:

    God I hope not.... that's a sure fire way the Browns could Browns it up with a pick at 1 and 4.

    I fully expect the Browns to do something stupid and draft Allen #1 overall....

    If not, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I suspect I'm going to be shaking my head and murmuring: "You've got to be kidding me" come Thursday night, April 26... 

  • Bums to the left of me, bums to the right of me...

    ?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Bums to the left of me, bums to the right...Here I am, stuck in the middle with Hue!

    ?

    WSS

    FIXED!  😛

    Mike

  • Really you people are excited about a veteran QB that completes 52% of his passes and you want to complain about Allen’s completion %

    @7moses7 said:

    Really you people are excited about a veteran QB that completes 52% of his passes 

    Stanton is a proven veteran....................................................................................bum.  

    I'm not quite getting this signing....but nobody's' gonna like everything a GM does.

  • @7moses7 said:

    Really you people are excited about a veteran QB that completes 52% of his passes 

    Stanton is a proven veteran....................................................................................bum.  

    I'm not quite getting this signing....but nobody's' gonna like everything a GM does.

    @orion said:

    I'm not quite getting this signing...

    I'm nowhere close to getting it...

  • @orion said:

    I'm not quite getting this signing...

    I'm nowhere close to getting it...

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm nowhere close to getting it...

    But- as bad as he is, his career stats are still better than Kizer's. 😆 Nah- I'm with ya Tour why bring in pure garbage to back up Tyrod? I hope he's on a one year vet minimum deal...   

  • @d-bone said:

    God I hope not.... that's a sure fire way the Browns could Browns it up with a pick at 1 and 4.

    I fully expect the Browns to do something stupid and draft Allen #1 overall....

    If not, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I suspect I'm going to be shaking my head and murmuring: "You've got to be kidding me" come Thursday night, April 26... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I fully expect the Browns to do something stupid and draft Allen #1 overall....

    If not, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I suspect I'm going to be shaking my head and murmuring: "You've got to be kidding me" come Thursday night, April 26... 

    Man I freakin' hope not.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'm nowhere close to getting it...

    But- as bad as he is, his career stats are still better than Kizer's. 😆 Nah- I'm with ya Tour why bring in pure garbage to back up Tyrod? I hope he's on a one year vet minimum deal...   

    @hoorta said:

    But- as bad as he is, his career stats are still better than Kizer's. 😆 Nah- I'm with ya Tour why bring in pure garbage to back up Tyrod? I hope he's on a one year vet minimum deal...   

    It’s a two year deal 

    I haven’t got the majority of Dorsey’s moves so far this is just another to add to the list 🤔

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes the Browns might have a backup quarterback without wasting a top 4 pick!

    I don't follow. I think with this signing it is pretty clear they don't want the rookie thrust into action this year due to an injury to Taylor. So they get a journeyman to help teach the young guy and also take any emergency snaps while he learns.

    @bjh2130 said:

    I don't follow. I think with this signing it is pretty clear they don't want the rookie thrust into action this year due to an injury to Taylor. So they get a journeyman to help teach the young guy and also take any emergency snaps while he learns.

    Well last year they didn’t want to throw Kizer in and QB coach David Lee said numerous times he wasn’t ready. The FO said he wasn’t ready. 

    He started day one for Hue Jackson. 

    I think you and others are forgetting who the head coach still is in Cleveland. 

  • @hoorta said:

    But- as bad as he is, his career stats are still better than Kizer's. 😆 Nah- I'm with ya Tour why bring in pure garbage to back up Tyrod? I hope he's on a one year vet minimum deal...   

    It’s a two year deal 

    I haven’t got the majority of Dorsey’s moves so far this is just another to add to the list 🤔

    @londonbrown said:

    It’s a two year deal 

    I haven’t got the majority of Dorsey’s moves so far this is just another to add to the list 🤔

    Two year deal doesn't  mean much London. As a 10+ year vet, the contract will have to have around a $900k base. It's all about guaranteed money, and I have a feeling the second year isn't guaranteed. We'll see when the numbers come out. 🙂  

    Or who knows? Picking this guy up off the scrap heap- maybe nothing is guaranteed.

  • This means the end of both Hogan and Kessler. 

    @jcam222 said:

    This means the end of both Hogan and Kessler. 

    Which explains why they resigned Hogan huh.. POG  must be jizzing all over himself... The poor kid needs a doily to sit on...

  • Vet backup to keep the rookie off the field. It is Cleveland. Sign three more backups. 

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    After reading other members post I can see the racist though the screen. Sad world we live in now.

    People dissing, Hogan, Kessler and Allen are racists? I did not read any of those guys referred to as "dumb crackers".😛

  • His stats blow, but he is 11-6 as a starter in Detroit and Arizona, so he must handoff pretty well.

    Obviously, they have no interest in Hogan or Kessler and they are going to sandwich the rookie between a veteran starter and a veteran journeyman.

    Stanton will hold a clipboard and be a player/coach/cheerleader.

    Hogan will compete in camp. Kessler will get dropped when we draft the guy that used to back him up.

    Zombo

  • Will Cleveland ever figure out what to do? Taylor & Stanton ????   I'm so confused !

  • Will Cleveland ever figure out what to do? Taylor & Stanton ????   I'm so confused !

    @bammer said:

    Will Cleveland ever figure out what to do? Taylor & Stanton ????   I'm so confused !

    It means the rookie will be thoroughly protected year one. I don’t know how people are confused by this. How often have the Browns ended up playing their 3rd QB? Likely more than any other team in the league.

  • Really you people are excited about a veteran QB that completes 52% of his passes and you want to complain about Allen’s completion %

    @7moses7 said:

    Really you people are excited about a veteran QB that completes 52% of his passes and you want to complain about Allen’s completion %

    His completion percentage sucks but his winning percentage (11-6) doesn't. Granted, he got those wins on a team that was much better than the Browns, but as a backup QB, I'll take it over Kessler and Hogan.

  • I swear you guys crack me up with the back and forth. All last year it was clamor (which I didn't disagree with) that this team obviously needed veteran QB leadership. So the new regime snags a consistent mid-tier starter, a seasoned back-up, and will take a QB #1 who gets all the support. And yet despite doing exactly what you clowns asked for there's still complaining.

    I honestly believe some of you think we could have traded Brady for Kessler and a 6th, snagged Russell Wilson for cash considerations, and resurrected the ghost of Otto Graham to mentor them. 

  • Guys, they didn’t sign Stanton to play.

    Tyrod is the starter, and he’ll be busy trying to win games and won’t have time to mentor our rookie. That’s where Stanton comes in, he’ll be attached at the hip to whatever QB we draft for the entire year. Very smart.

  • Guys, they didn’t sign Stanton to play.

    Tyrod is the starter, and he’ll be busy trying to win games and won’t have time to mentor our rookie. That’s where Stanton comes in, he’ll be attached at the hip to whatever QB we draft for the entire year. Very smart.

    @lionofbuddha said:

    Guys, they didn’t sign Stanton to play.

    Tyrod is the starter, and he’ll be busy trying to win games and won’t have time to mentor our rookie. That’s where Stanton comes in, he’ll be attached at the hip to whatever QB we draft for the entire year. Very smart.

    I agree.   Kessler is atrocious, not sure he ever recovered from the beatings he took as a rookie.  Hogan has a noodle arm and also isn't very good.  Stanton isn't great either but he's actually won games in the NFL, something no other backup QB on our roster can say.