Skip to content

Trading down

The Browns Board
45 20 1.4k
  • @dawg2fan said:

    I'd be ok if they did, but just don't go down past #2.  The way I see it, picking either Josh Allen or Sam Darnold is a can't miss.  Either one can sit for a while and learn the game.  We have Tyrod and Drew ahead of them.  Now if they take anyone other than those two, then I have worries.  

    Unless, of course, Tour has been sleeping under the bridge, disguised as that homeless guy, and talking to Jimmy, advising him to take Rosen but to keep it quiet. That way the Giants take either Sam darnold or Josh Allen, the Browns get Rosen and we get an extra pick.

    ?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Unless, of course, Tour has been sleeping under the bridge, disguised as that homeless guy, and talking to Jimmy, advising him to take Rosen but to keep it quiet. That way the Giants take either Sam darnold or Josh Allen, the Browns get Rosen and we get an extra pick.

    ?

    WSS

    Yes, the problem with Rosen is he said he specifically doesn't want to be here.  So why would we want him?  I want someone that will give 100% to the team.  So please GM, don't take Rosen.  I would almost rather they take Mayfield (🙁). 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Unless, of course, Tour has been sleeping under the bridge, disguised as that homeless guy, and talking to Jimmy, advising him to take Rosen but to keep it quiet. That way the Giants take either Sam darnold or Josh Allen, the Browns get Rosen and we get an extra pick.

    ?

    WSS

    Yes, the problem with Rosen is he said he specifically doesn't want to be here.  So why would we want him?  I want someone that will give 100% to the team.  So please GM, don't take Rosen.  I would almost rather they take Mayfield (🙁). 

    @dawg2fan said:

    Yes, the problem with Rosen is he said he specifically doesn't want to be here.  So why would we want him?  I want someone that will give 100% to the team.  So please GM, don't take Rosen.  I would almost rather they take Mayfield (🙁). 

    If we knew that the Giants wanted Rosen and we really wanted somebody else, that would be the thing to do. Then trade him for the number two pick and take the guy we want, and reap the extra pic or two.

    I understand the question marks about Rosen but I tend to think he would like being the first pick in the draft. Maybe not. Also he may listen to reason when Browns management  show him all the movies we are making  to be winners finally. And if that doesn't convince him, who knows if his family is rich and arrogant enough for him to sit out the year or refuse to play.

    WSS

  • @dawg2fan said:

    Yes, the problem with Rosen is he said he specifically doesn't want to be here.  So why would we want him?  I want someone that will give 100% to the team.  So please GM, don't take Rosen.  I would almost rather they take Mayfield (🙁). 

    If we knew that the Giants wanted Rosen and we really wanted somebody else, that would be the thing to do. Then trade him for the number two pick and take the guy we want, and reap the extra pic or two.

    I understand the question marks about Rosen but I tend to think he would like being the first pick in the draft. Maybe not. Also he may listen to reason when Browns management  show him all the movies we are making  to be winners finally. And if that doesn't convince him, who knows if his family is rich and arrogant enough for him to sit out the year or refuse to play.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    If we knew that the Giants wanted Rosen that would be the thing to do. Then trade him for the number two pick and take the guy we want, and reap the extra pic or two.

    I understand the question marks about Rosen butt I tend to think he would like being the first pick in the draft. Maybe not. Also he may listen to reason when Browns management  show him all the movies we are making  to be winners finally. And if that doesn't convince him, who knows if his family is rich and arrogant enough for him to sit out the year or refuse to play.

    WSS

    The problem with Rosen is he wants to be in a big market and the Browns can't give that.  Everyone wants to be the first person drafted.  Now if we know that the Giants want him, then this could work.  But what if they don't?  What if they want Darnold or Allen?  Obviously, this could work out for us as well.  Still the reason I think swap the picks if they're interested.  But like you said, we need something worth the trade. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    If we knew that the Giants wanted Rosen that would be the thing to do. Then trade him for the number two pick and take the guy we want, and reap the extra pic or two.

    I understand the question marks about Rosen butt I tend to think he would like being the first pick in the draft. Maybe not. Also he may listen to reason when Browns management  show him all the movies we are making  to be winners finally. And if that doesn't convince him, who knows if his family is rich and arrogant enough for him to sit out the year or refuse to play.

    WSS

    The problem with Rosen is he wants to be in a big market and the Browns can't give that.  Everyone wants to be the first person drafted.  Now if we know that the Giants want him, then this could work.  But what if they don't?  What if they want Darnold or Allen?  Obviously, this could work out for us as well.  Still the reason I think swap the picks if they're interested.  But like you said, we need something worth the trade. 

    @dawg2fan said:

    The problem with Rosen is he wants to be in a big market and the Browns can't give that.  Everyone wants to be the first person drafted.  Now if we know that the Giants want him, then this could work.  But what if they don't?  What if they want Darnold or Allen?  Obviously, this could work out for us as well.  Still the reason I think swap the picks if they're interested.  But like you said, we need something worth the trade. 

    No Doubt. Negotiations could be nothing more than gambling. If New York wanted darnold and promised the Browns that they would trade they're number 2 and something else for our number one if we drafted Rosen and then pull out after we did.

    I don't know how honest anybody has to be in the NFL. Especially with the BS we hear every single minute of every day.

    WSS

  • I see this as a lot of smoke and mirrors that happen every year. Last year, we were taking Trubisky. Given the mandate from Haslam to find a QB and the amount of time invested in researching them and working them out, it doesn't make sense to pass over any QB and just get the guy you want. You trade back even one spot you could not get your guy. So don't trade back, we have enough picks.

  • No surprise there. 😁

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/27/jim-mora-josh-rosen-sam-darnold/

    Yes, I know Colin Cowherd said this months ago ... Darnold is a gritty AFC North rust bowl QB and Rosen is coastal, big media town guy. Could be. I just think Darnold is the better pro with everything added up, but the Browns need to make their own choice, and it won't have anything to do with where Rosen wants to play. My feeling is that only Darnold and Allen are in play right now, and Darnold is the leader in the clubhouse.

    Zombo

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/27/jim-mora-josh-rosen-sam-darnold/

    Yes, I know Colin Cowherd said this months ago ... Darnold is a gritty AFC North rust bowl QB and Rosen is coastal, big media town guy. Could be. I just think Darnold is the better pro with everything added up, but the Browns need to make their own choice, and it won't have anything to do with where Rosen wants to play. My feeling is that only Darnold and Allen are in play right now, and Darnold is the leader in the clubhouse.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Yes, I know Colin Cowherd said this months ago ... Darnold is a gritty AFC North rust bowl QB and Rosen is coastal, big media town guy. Could be. I just think Darnold is the better pro with everything added up, but the Browns need to make their own choice, and it won't have anything to do with where Rosen wants to play. My feeling is that only Darnold and Allen are in play right now, and Darnold is the leader in the clubhouse.

    Zombo

    That would be my take even though I worry about Allen being Kizer.2. 

    WSS

  • Zombo said:

    Yes, I know Colin Cowherd said this months ago ... Darnold is a gritty AFC North rust bowl QB and Rosen is coastal, big media town guy. Could be. I just think Darnold is the better pro with everything added up, but the Browns need to make their own choice, and it won't have anything to do with where Rosen wants to play. My feeling is that only Darnold and Allen are in play right now, and Darnold is the leader in the clubhouse.

    Zombo

    That would be my take even though I worry about Allen being Kizer.2. 

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    That would be my take even though I worry about Allen being Kizer.2. 

    WSS

    I'm not sold on Allen either. I'm sure his arm is spectacular in person, and tantalizing, but Darnold had a great track record of moving the ball and making plays at a major school, in addition to prototypical size and skills and seemingly an A+ in "gets along well with others" and leadership.

    He feels like the guy.

    Zombo

  • "When a floor as high as Rosen's is starring you in the face, quit trying to sell yourself ceilings." - Tour2ma

  • “I can’t wait to tell all of you how stupid you are, again” - Tour2ma

  • Again?

  • When you have almost 4 months and 12 draft picks a lot of dumb ideas get kicked around.

    But I'll grade the BROWNS moves so far an A or A+  (that is a typical draft grade, right?).  😆

  • Hopefully this is nothing more than a fishing expedition to see if they can land Moby Finger on a 25lb line....... If not, (won't know until we know) then it speaks volumes to me about what they think of the QB class, and it tells me they won't select even one of them with either pick in the 1st round.

    "So how we gonna Browns it up again this year?" - D Bone 

    EDIT: LOL at Finger! 

  • I think the odds are greater that we take a QB at #1 and #4, than they are that we trade out of the #1 overall.

  • I think the odds are greater that we take a QB at #1 and #4, than they are that we trade out of the #1 overall.

    @tour2ma said:

    I think the odds are greater that we take a QB at #1 and #4, than they are that we trade out of the #1 overall.

    Yeah, why would we trade out of the #1? If we're happy with either Darnold or Rosen- hell, just take Chubb at #1, and unlike Po's Saquon dream, one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield will be there at #4. 

    Actually, take the QB you want at #1, and one of Barkley, Chubb, or Fitzpatrick will be there at #4.  You probably know by now the more I see of objective tape on Saquon, the less I like...   

  • @tour2ma said:

    I think the odds are greater that we take a QB at #1 and #4, than they are that we trade out of the #1 overall.

    Yeah, why would we trade out of the #1? If we're happy with either Darnold or Rosen- hell, just take Chubb at #1, and unlike Po's Saquon dream, one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield will be there at #4. 

    Actually, take the QB you want at #1, and one of Barkley, Chubb, or Fitzpatrick will be there at #4.  You probably know by now the more I see of objective tape on Saquon, the less I like...   

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, why would we trade out of the #1? If we're happy with either Darnold or Rosen- hell, just take Chubb at #1, and unlike Po's Saquon dream, one of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield will be there at #4. 

    Actually, take the QB you want at #1, and one of Barkley, Chubb, or Fitzpatrick will be there at #4.  You probably know by now the more I see of objective tape on Saquon, the less I like...   

    It would be hard for me to imagine that our front office and coaching staff would not have one of the three major quarterbacks in their sites rather than just shrug their shoulders and say whoever's there at 4?

    WSS

  • There was a QB who, after drafted by a franchise he wanted nothing to do with in the 1st round, was so distraught he went to his bedroom and wept. 

    The QB was Jim Kelly, and the team was the Buffalo Bills. He's practically known as Mr. Buffalo today. 

  • There was a QB who, after drafted by a franchise he wanted nothing to do with in the 1st round, was so distraught he went to his bedroom and wept. 

    The QB was Jim Kelly, and the team was the Buffalo Bills. He's practically known as Mr. Buffalo today. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    There was a QB who, after drafted by a franchise he wanted nothing to do with in the 1st round, was so distraught he went to his bedroom and wept.

    ... and then he dried his tears in Houston for three years...

    Go Gamblers!