Skip to content

Tyrod Tarkenton

The Browns Board
142 29 5.4k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Who were these "Great"   Free Agent QBs out there that we missed on?  Other than Drew Brees...who was an FA for a bit....but was never leaving N.O.....none of those QBs were by any means "great".

    Cousins?   lots of stats, losing record

    Keenum?  One flash of good....but most of his career a backup

    McCarron?  P-shaw!

    Again....name these great FA QBs that were possibly there for the Browns to get.

    We have Tie Rod. Checkmate.

    @ghoolie said:

    We have Tie Rod. Checkmate.

    Maybe better than all those others for a while checkmate in three dimensions

  • @ghoolie said:

    Boo, don't fret, but thanks for the props. People want the truth, UNTIL they realize that the truth exposes them as well, being full of schidt. My Father always put it this way, Dumb Kids don't like to play with smart kids. So when, as my posts often do, conventional wisdom is exposed as nothing more than bullschidt,  the lower IQ posters here (Dutch Oven, for example) get pissed off.

    Every year I have known Hoorta, he clenches his fists white and GUARANTEES ME that the Browns FINALLY have heir house in order.......... and that FINALLY we have THE RIGHT GUY calling the shots. They guy ruptured his Vulva when I guaranteed im that Holmgren, Sewage/Crennel, Policy, and more, were coffee fetchers.

    Do you believe me when I tell you that Dorkey is  Hue Jackson's testicle caretaker? Let me prove it to you, here and now, then, the jackoffs can make excuses for even though I was right about Hue lasting longer than Dorkey, it was for OTHER REASONS THAN WHAT I SAID. SO let's talk real life, and not this make-believe narrative, smoke-screen bullschidt that Hoorta believes.

    1) NOBODY in their right mind would take a GM job, put their reputation on the line, and willingly accept 0 - 31 Hue Jackson. Answer this............. Name me 1 single NFL team that would fire their coach and hire Hue Jackson. BUT BUT BUT............yet, this "wunderkiind", master craftsman Dorkey, is fine with Hue? Do you not find that a little fukcked up, and totally contrary to the image of Dorkey being a take-charge GM?

    2) As you pointed out, Hue Jackson went out of his way to acquire two black Tarkentons in the past. That the newest starter is also a black Tarkenton, and NOT a pocket passer, with solid intellectual skills, is a CLEAR INDICATION that Hue Jackson is the one who tells Dorkey what to do.

     3) THIS is the MOST telling. Did you see the NE offense when Tom Brady was suspended? They called the same basic plays, and ran the same type of offense. 

    So now, IF, as I am supposed to believe TieRod Tarkenton is just the bridge until we bring up a new kid................RED FLAGS ARE GOING UP EVERYWHERE.

    Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield are mostly classice pocket QBs, who can scramble, BUT win with their passing ability. The idea is that we draft one of the top three then they learn from TieRod? WTF? ? ? ? ? ? TieRod Tarkenton will create a certain type of offense. Plays and players will be selected for his style of play. Now, can yhou see Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen, stepping up into the shoes of TieRod and just taking over the offense that was built around him? Of course not. 

    Now, there are 2 possibilities here.

    a) The Browns are the dumbest bastards in the history of the NFL. They are going to put a run-first QB in to re-build, and then bring up a classic QB to play in that scenario. Really, you have to be dumber than donkey shidt

    b ) The Browns will trade #4 down and they will take Lamar Tarkenton. THEN........................... you hve a seasoned Tarkenton teaching a new tarkenton. 

    Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield? Being mentored by a improvisational, running QB?

    C'mon man, NOBODY can be that stupid.

    WRONG!!! LOL

    Am I the first to catch Ghoolie in a mistake??

    Jackson was 1-31....big difference!  I'm sure if Hugh was 0-32 Dorsey would have shown him the door! LOL

    @stinkhole said:

    WRONG!!! LOL

    Am I the first to catch Ghoolie in a mistake??

    Jackson was 1-31....big difference!  I'm sure if Hugh was 0-32 Dorsey would have shown him the door! LOL

    Almost makes putting up with you worthwhile... almost... 😉

  • @ghoolie said:

    The guy voted for Hillary. He is a liberal, a coward. When challenged on a topic, his lack of wit and wisdom find him attacking the poster. You posted a great Steeler trivia quiz. I didn't see him anywhere. Again, I have forgotten more about football that he has ever known.

    Anyone it would for Trump is a gutless coward Shmucking idiotAnyone it would for Trump is a gutless coward Shmucking idiot

    @the-gipper said:

    Anyone it would for Trump is a gutless coward Shmucking idiotAnyone it would for Trump is a gutless coward Shmucking idiot

    Because it would take great courage to vote for a habitual lying, corrupt, criminal?...who happens to be married to a liar and worked for even a bigger liar?

    btw...and take that fukking Obama sticker off your bumper.

    And that "COEXIST" one on the opposite side.

  • @orion said:

    So you think it's more important to draft a RB #1 than a QB?

    Do you realize that you sound just like PoeticG?  -  I want you to think about that for a minute.....

    If you drat #1 and #2, you take the RB first. You can set the tone for salary, as a RB is not going to get what a #1  #1 QB will get. If you pick #1  and #2, you don't risk losing the QB you want. You STILL get the guy you want. Rosen, Mayfield, etc? All the same risk, take your pick and spin the wheel. Take the QB #2,  pay him less, he will be around longer than the RB, if he is a great QB. Pay less now? Pay less 5 years from now.

    @ghoolie said:

    If you drat #1 and #2, you take the RB first. You can set the tone for salary, as a RB is not going to get what a #1  #1 QB will get. If you pick #1  and #2, you don't risk losing the QB you want. You STILL get the guy you want. Rosen, Mayfield, etc? All the same risk, take your pick and spin the wheel. Take the QB #2,  pay him less, he will be around longer than the RB, if he is a great QB. Pay less now? Pay less 5 years from now.

    Except the rookie pay scale is already set- and was pointed out your second contract is where you're going to make your money. Barkley is over rated. He can't break tackles going up the middle- and his Zumba Dancing is likely to get his knee blown out- just like that other #1 overall Penn State RB bust Ki-Jana Carter.  

    @ghoolie said:

    Every year I have known Hoorta, he clenches his fists white and GUARANTEES ME that the Browns FINALLY have their house in order.......... and that FINALLY we have THE RIGHT GUY calling the shots. They guy ruptured his Vulva when I guaranteed im that Holmgren, Sewage/Crennel, Policy, and more, were coffee fetchers.

    b ) The Browns will trade #4 down and they will take Lamar Tarkenton. THEN........................... you have a seasoned Tarkenton teaching a new tarkenton. 

    Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield? Being mentored by a improvisational, running QB?

    C'mon man, NOBODY can be that stupid.

    I'm willing to give Dorsey a chance- you're not. There's only 32 GM jobs in the NFL. It's a pretty good paying job. Then by your definition- Dorsey is crazy, because he had his choice of GM gigs, including, but not limited to the New York Giants. 

    😆 😆 😆 Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield being mentored by Tyrod? Been out in Vegas too much lately and missed the news? The Browns hired QB  Drew Stanton specifically to mentor the new qb. http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/25175/bruce-arians-qb-drew-stanton-is-perfect-for-backupmentor-role-in-cleveland  Drew mentored Matt Stafford and Andrew Luck, but I bet you didn't know that. 

    OK, Ghoolie the Troll, put your money where your fat mouth is, right now. I got $100 bucks that says the Browns aren't drafting Lamar (13 Wunderlich) Jackson. He's not even in the discussion. And it will prove my point Hue has only minimal say in what Dorsey is going to do. Wolf, Highsmith, and Scot McCloughan outrank him. 

    Regarding on being stupid- Jimmuh finally realized with his itchy trigger finger track record of firing coaches- he couldn't outright can Hue. He would have been looking at D III football guys, and Quality Control coaches for the job. With 20\20 hindsight Haslam realized Hue's badgering him to spend a second and third round pick on a soon to be UFA QB McCarron (a trade nixed by Sashi, one of his few smart moves) after the dust settled in 2018 free agency was beyond stupid- just like Hue's (lack of) talent evaluation on RG III, Kessler, (and possibly Kizer) was. All this talk about how well Hue and John get along is smoke. Dorsey will get the guys he perceives as "football players" and Hue will coach them. I've already said- Jackson knows he's on thin ice. It's no accident both Haley and Williams are former NFL head coaches, and either will easily be promoted by Dorsey mid season if Hue falls flat on his face again with improved talent. Speaking of improved talent- nice how you've been ignoring Dorsey went out and got the Browns a three time pro bowl WR, so you can stop ragging on no skilled players. 

    BTW, I have a nice Paxton Lynch turd sandwich in the kitchen waiting to be served up for you when the Broncos cut him. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Anyone it would for Trump is a gutless coward Shmucking idiotAnyone it would for Trump is a gutless coward Shmucking idiot

    Because it would take great courage to vote for a habitual lying, corrupt, criminal?...who happens to be married to a liar and worked for even a bigger liar?

    btw...and take that fukking Obama sticker off your bumper.

    And that "COEXIST" one on the opposite side.

    @stinkhole said:

    Because it would take great courage to vote for a habitual lying, corrupt, criminal?...who happens to be married to a liar and worked for even a bigger liar?

    btw...and take that fukking Obama sticker off your bumper.

    And that "COEXIST" one on the opposite side.

    Ooh ooh ooh! 

    A Trump supporter who also is a Steelers fan!

    One of the few people on the planet more disgusting than an ISIS member. 

  • @stinkhole said:

    Because it would take great courage to vote for a habitual lying, corrupt, criminal?...who happens to be married to a liar and worked for even a bigger liar?

    btw...and take that fukking Obama sticker off your bumper.

    And that "COEXIST" one on the opposite side.

    Ooh ooh ooh! 

    A Trump supporter who also is a Steelers fan!

    One of the few people on the planet more disgusting than an ISIS member. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Ooh ooh ooh! 

    A Trump supporter who also is a Steelers fan!

    One of the few people on the planet more disgusting than an ISIS member. 

    Looks like you dodged a bullet...😆

    WSS

  • Here is last year's pff top 100. Notice #24. And  we stole #43.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-draft-board-top-100-prospects-of-2017

  • Here is last year's pff top 100. Notice #24. And  we stole #43.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-draft-board-top-100-prospects-of-2017

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is last year's pff top 100. Notice #24.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-draft-board-top-100-prospects-of-2017

    I still wish the Browns would have taken #21 as Joe's replacement at LT, instead of Njoku... 

  • Here is last year's pff top 100. Notice #24. And  we stole #43.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-draft-board-top-100-prospects-of-2017

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is last year's pff top 100. Notice #24. And  we stole #43.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-draft-board-top-100-prospects-of-2017

    LOL, talk out both sides of his mouth Ghoolie wants us to take BPA in 2018, but we take BPA in 2017 and he's a bust Zumba instructor. Of course, he's always right. 😆 I tend to agree with Brian Billick who actually knows what he's talking about. 

    "There is no player, now or ever, in the National Football League, no matter what his ranking coming out of the draft that trumps if you need a quarterback, taking a quarterback if you think he is a franchise quarterback...Are they a franchise quarterback? If they are, you take them before you take [Penn State running back Saquon] Barkley or [NC State defensive end Bradley] Chubb or [Alabama defensive back Minkah] Fitzpatrick or any of those guys."

  • @boo-fagley said:

    A lot of what he says is spot on the money and you guys don't want to hear it. Tyrod is very much like Kiser but he is better.

    That's troubling because the only guy to draft in that mold is Lamar Jackson. 

    BT4

    Congrats.

    You've managed to lump three black guys together who are QBs. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Congrats.

    You've managed to lump three black guys together who are QBs. 

    ..........I guess they all QB alike.

  • Tyrod took a middling team to the playoffs. This thread is asinine.

  • Tyrod took a middling team to the playoffs. This thread is asinine.

    @comical2me said:

    Tyrod took a middling team to the playoffs. This thread is asinine.

    As I've said before if that's the case I can't imagine why Buffalo wouldn't have invested the capital they have into building the team around the guy who was The Shining spot of the organization. 

    I'm not completely worried because I figure any quarterback with a little bit of experience would have more success than we had last year. Especially with the upgrades. But I'm probably 80% convinced that he is just a bridge.

    WSS

  • @comical2me said:

    Tyrod took a middling team to the playoffs. This thread is asinine.

    As I've said before if that's the case I can't imagine why Buffalo wouldn't have invested the capital they have into building the team around the guy who was The Shining spot of the organization. 

    I'm not completely worried because I figure any quarterback with a little bit of experience would have more success than we had last year. Especially with the upgrades. But I'm probably 80% convinced that he is just a bridge.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    As I've said before if that's the case I can't imagine why Buffalo wouldn't have invested the capital they have into building the team around the guy who was The Shining spot of the organization. 

    I'm not completely worried because I figure any quarterback with a little bit of experience would have more success than we had last year. Especially with the upgrades. But I'm probably 80% convinced that he is just a bridge.

    WSS

    Well as long as he is convinced he can prove that perception wrong. Fine by me.

  • @westside-steve said:

    As I've said before if that's the case I can't imagine why Buffalo wouldn't have invested the capital they have into building the team around the guy who was The Shining spot of the organization. 

    I'm not completely worried because I figure any quarterback with a little bit of experience would have more success than we had last year. Especially with the upgrades. But I'm probably 80% convinced that he is just a bridge.

    WSS

    Well as long as he is convinced he can prove that perception wrong. Fine by me.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well as long as he is convinced he can prove that perception wrong. Fine by me.

    Yeah well as long as the brass isn't considering passing up yet another top rated quarterback.

    WSS

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well as long as he is convinced he can prove that perception wrong. Fine by me.

    Yeah well as long as the brass isn't considering passing up yet another top rated quarterback.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yeah well as long as the brass isn't considering passing up yet another top rated quarterback.

    WSS

    I would not want them to pass either, but most of them seem 2-3 years away from being ready to step in. If Taylor gives us at least 3 (or more) of quality play, I'd be elated.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Yeah well as long as the brass isn't considering passing up yet another top rated quarterback.

    WSS

    I would not want them to pass either, but most of them seem 2-3 years away from being ready to step in. If Taylor gives us at least 3 (or more) of quality play, I'd be elated.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would not want them to pass either, but most of them seem 2-3 years away from being ready to step in. If Taylor gives us at least 3 (or more) of quality play, I'd be elated.

    If the number one pick in the draft isn't playing and playing well at least by year number 2... Well I guess you understand.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Yeah well as long as the brass isn't considering passing up yet another top rated quarterback.

    WSS

    I would not want them to pass either, but most of them seem 2-3 years away from being ready to step in. If Taylor gives us at least 3 (or more) of quality play, I'd be elated.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would not want them to pass either, but most of them seem 2-3 years away from being ready to step in. If Taylor gives us at least 3 (or more) of quality play, I'd be elated.

    Yeah but- Tyrod plays well this year- he's going to get expensive to keep around in 2019, thanks for nothing Kirk. Best possible scenario is the KC model- (whoever) is ready to play by the end of the season ala Mahomes. 

  • @ghoolie said:

    Boo, don't fret, but thanks for the props. People want the truth, UNTIL they realize that the truth exposes them as well, being full of schidt. My Father always put it this way, Dumb Kids don't like to play with smart kids. So when, as my posts often do, conventional wisdom is exposed as nothing more than bullschidt,  the lower IQ posters here (Dutch Oven, for example) get pissed off.

    Every year I have known Hoorta, he clenches his fists white and GUARANTEES ME that the Browns FINALLY have heir house in order.......... and that FINALLY we have THE RIGHT GUY calling the shots. They guy ruptured his Vulva when I guaranteed im that Holmgren, Sewage/Crennel, Policy, and more, were coffee fetchers.

    Do you believe me when I tell you that Dorkey is  Hue Jackson's testicle caretaker? Let me prove it to you, here and now, then, the jackoffs can make excuses for even though I was right about Hue lasting longer than Dorkey, it was for OTHER REASONS THAN WHAT I SAID. SO let's talk real life, and not this make-believe narrative, smoke-screen bullschidt that Hoorta believes.

    1) NOBODY in their right mind would take a GM job, put their reputation on the line, and willingly accept 0 - 31 Hue Jackson. Answer this............. Name me 1 single NFL team that would fire their coach and hire Hue Jackson. BUT BUT BUT............yet, this "wunderkiind", master craftsman Dorkey, is fine with Hue? Do you not find that a little fukcked up, and totally contrary to the image of Dorkey being a take-charge GM?

    2) As you pointed out, Hue Jackson went out of his way to acquire two black Tarkentons in the past. That the newest starter is also a black Tarkenton, and NOT a pocket passer, with solid intellectual skills, is a CLEAR INDICATION that Hue Jackson is the one who tells Dorkey what to do.

     3) THIS is the MOST telling. Did you see the NE offense when Tom Brady was suspended? They called the same basic plays, and ran the same type of offense. 

    So now, IF, as I am supposed to believe TieRod Tarkenton is just the bridge until we bring up a new kid................RED FLAGS ARE GOING UP EVERYWHERE.

    Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield are mostly classice pocket QBs, who can scramble, BUT win with their passing ability. The idea is that we draft one of the top three then they learn from TieRod? WTF? ? ? ? ? ? TieRod Tarkenton will create a certain type of offense. Plays and players will be selected for his style of play. Now, can yhou see Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen, stepping up into the shoes of TieRod and just taking over the offense that was built around him? Of course not. 

    Now, there are 2 possibilities here.

    a) The Browns are the dumbest bastards in the history of the NFL. They are going to put a run-first QB in to re-build, and then bring up a classic QB to play in that scenario. Really, you have to be dumber than donkey shidt

    b ) The Browns will trade #4 down and they will take Lamar Tarkenton. THEN........................... you hve a seasoned Tarkenton teaching a new tarkenton. 

    Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield? Being mentored by a improvisational, running QB?

    C'mon man, NOBODY can be that stupid.

    WRONG!!! LOL

    Am I the first to catch Ghoolie in a mistake??

    Jackson was 1-31....big difference!  I'm sure if Hugh was 0-32 Dorsey would have shown him the door! LOL

    @stinkhole said:

    WRONG!!! LOL

    Am I the first to catch Ghoolie in a mistake??

    Jackson was 1-31....big difference!  I'm sure if Hugh was 0-32 Dorsey would have shown him the door! LOL

    Only in Cleveland can you make a mistake about the head coach................ and it doesn't really make a difference in the discussion.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Here is last year's pff top 100. Notice #24. And  we stole #43.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-draft-board-top-100-prospects-of-2017

    LOL, talk out both sides of his mouth Ghoolie wants us to take BPA in 2018, but we take BPA in 2017 and he's a bust Zumba instructor. Of course, he's always right. 😆 I tend to agree with Brian Billick who actually knows what he's talking about. 

    "There is no player, now or ever, in the National Football League, no matter what his ranking coming out of the draft that trumps if you need a quarterback, taking a quarterback if you think he is a franchise quarterback...Are they a franchise quarterback? If they are, you take them before you take [Penn State running back Saquon] Barkley or [NC State defensive end Bradley] Chubb or [Alabama defensive back Minkah] Fitzpatrick or any of those guys."

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, talk out both sides of his mouth Ghoolie wants us to take BPA in 2018, but we take BPA in 2017 and he's a bust Zumba instructor. Of course, he's always right. 😆 I tend to agree with Brian Billick who actually knows what he's talking about. 

    "There is no player, now or ever, in the National Football League, no matter what his ranking coming out of the draft that trumps if you need a quarterback, taking a quarterback if you think he is a franchise quarterback...Are they a franchise quarterback? If they are, you take them before you take [Penn State running back Saquon] Barkley or [NC State defensive end Bradley] Chubb or [Alabama defensive back Minkah] Fitzpatrick or any of those guys."

    We didn't take the BPA in 2017. WTF are you talking about? Are you that much of a fukcing moron? THe Browns got snookered into wasting their #1 #1 so the REAL BPA, Trubisky, could go to a team where he had a chance at a career. Just because YOU think our Two Tackle Texas Zumba Homosexual Cowgiel wannabe was the BPA DOES NOT MAKE IT SO.  Trubisky was the BPA in 2017. Barkley is in 2018.

    The Browns need to manuver to pick #1 and #2   Get Barkely, get a QB, then get a WR at 4 or 5. 

  • Same fukcing cowpoop.

    Our newest Black Tarkenton will play a few games, get hurt, and we will throw Lamar, another black Tarkenton to the Wolves.

    Tie Rod is a dikweed. ANother waste of energy. PERFECT for the shitstains.