Kessler traded
-
Like many things it's a combo of knowing something exists, but not being able to get it... in a word it's mystique.
Other examples... Coors and In n Out Burger... both were much better before I tried them.
I hate to say it, but Melt falls in this category for me. Its not bad, but for the hype I heard about it for years, I'm a little underwhelmed.
I hate to say it, but Melt falls in this category for me. Its not bad, but for the hype I heard about it for years, I'm a little underwhelmed.
I agree....my wife and I went into the one in Montrose and were totally underwhelmed.
-
Melt? Is that the Grilled Cheese thing?
I like my "melt" with a patti in it... Whataburger style... so fine after a nite of imbibing.
In n Out was pretty weak IMO... but y'all did give us Jack.
I freakin' forgot about Del Taco.
Whataburger is one of my favorites. So is Colter's BBQ. I realize they are changed but still they're good.
WSS
Whataburger is one of my favorites. So is Colter's BBQ. I realize they are changed but still they're good.
WSS
I have always like Culver's when I have been in like Wisconsin, Illinois..etc....those areas. There are none here in NEOhio.
-
I hate to say it, but Melt falls in this category for me. Its not bad, but for the hype I heard about it for years, I'm a little underwhelmed.
I agree....my wife and I went into the one in Montrose and were totally underwhelmed.
I agree....my wife and I went into the one in Montrose and were totally underwhelmed.
The thing about melt is that when it started it was a little bit ahead of its time. Up in Lakewood those big fat cheese sandwiches we're pretty damn good and they had a huge selection of beer. Somebody that's not a beer connoisseur probably wouldn't be all that impressed. These days there are plenty of places who have caught up with and surpassed their draft selection.
WSS
-
I don't know why you would do whatever, but the state you posted had Kessler with the best completion pct. of all those listed....but also an 0-8 record. I was simply comparing his winning record to that of Otto G.
Otto G! That's my son's name!

-
I agree....my wife and I went into the one in Montrose and were totally underwhelmed.
The thing about melt is that when it started it was a little bit ahead of its time. Up in Lakewood those big fat cheese sandwiches we're pretty damn good and they had a huge selection of beer. Somebody that's not a beer connoisseur probably wouldn't be all that impressed. These days there are plenty of places who have caught up with and surpassed their draft selection.
WSS
The thing about melt is that when it started it was a little bit ahead of its time. Up in Lakewood those big fat cheese sandwiches we're pretty damn good and they had a huge selection of beer. Somebody that's not a beer connoisseur probably wouldn't be all that impressed. These days there are plenty of places who have caught up with and surpassed their draft selection.
WSS
Well.....my wife..being from Wisconsin... fancies herself as a grilled cheese sandwich connoisseur....and she didn't care much about their grilled cheese....which, after all is supposed to be their signature dish. I would have never thought of them much as being a place for a beer fancier like you.
-
The thing about melt is that when it started it was a little bit ahead of its time. Up in Lakewood those big fat cheese sandwiches we're pretty damn good and they had a huge selection of beer. Somebody that's not a beer connoisseur probably wouldn't be all that impressed. These days there are plenty of places who have caught up with and surpassed their draft selection.
WSS
Well.....my wife..being from Wisconsin... fancies herself as a grilled cheese sandwich connoisseur....and she didn't care much about their grilled cheese....which, after all is supposed to be their signature dish. I would have never thought of them much as being a place for a beer fancier like you.
Well.....my wife..being from Wisconsin... fancies herself as a grilled cheese sandwich connoisseur....and she didn't care much about their grilled cheese....which, after all is supposed to be their signature dish. I would have never thought of them much as being a place for a beer fancier like you.
Only reason we didn't hit them often back when I used to play McCarthy's Ale House in Lakewood was that the Buckeye Beer Engine was right across the street.
We just haven't gone to the one in Fairlawn because of loyalty to the Winking Lizard and And Ray's place.
WSS
-
Melt? Is that the Grilled Cheese thing?
I like my "melt" with a patti in it... Whataburger style... so fine after a nite of imbibing.
In n Out was pretty weak IMO... but y'all did give us Jack.
I freakin' forgot about Del Taco.
Whataburger is one of my favorites. So is Colter's BBQ. I realize they are changed but still they're good.
WSS
Whataburger is one of my favorites.
They aren't in Ohio, are they?
-
I don't know why you would do whatever, but the state you posted had Kessler with the best completion pct. of all those listed....but also an 0-8 record. I was simply comparing his winning record to that of Otto G.
Otto G! That's my son's name!

-
I had a Great Uncle Otto... he came from the "Old country" on a boat as the oldest of three kids of a widow, my Great Grandmother.
Settled in NYC until the youngest developed a respiratory issue that the NYC air was aggravating.
The cure? Move to Cleveland...
True story...
-
Whataburger is one of my favorites.
They aren't in Ohio, are they?
-
I'm with Gip regarding "Melt". The one in Fairlawn was not good & I didn't care for the one in Canton either. I also had the bread pudding for desert & it was like a heavy cake....pretty bad.
I will say that I was pleased they had Sierra Nevada Kellerweis on tap. It's a good wheat beer (available year 'round) but hard to find.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
