QBs-We'll know 4/26/18
-
IMHO, ANY of the top 4 QBs in 2018 would be a dramatic upgrade to ANY we have had since '99 save Tim Couch, who might be in this conversation had he been given anything to work with. We can't really lose with any of the 4, but I think 2 stand out intellectually. Those 2 are Rosen & Mayfield. I could be wrong, but those 2 guys seem to be the total packages of physical & mental skills required to lead & excel at the QB position. Physical attributes are only PART of the equation.
I'll accept & support any QB Dorsey & Co bring in, but I would be ELATED with Mayfield and/or Rosen (listed alphabetically).
Just an old guys opinion.
Mike
-
Man, that's so funny because I'd go with just the opposite. Allen then Darnold. Rosen has been injured way too much and doesn't want to be here. Mayfield is way too short and would be just another Manziel (slightly better). Great in college, but not at the NFL level.
-
-
-
IMHO, ANY of the top 4 QBs in 2018 would be a dramatic upgrade to ANY we have had since '99 save Tim Couch, who might be in this conversation had he been given anything to work with. We can't really lose with any of the 4, but I think 2 stand out intellectually. Those 2 are Rosen & Mayfield. I could be wrong, but those 2 guys seem to be the total packages of physical & mental skills required to lead & excel at the QB position. Physical attributes are only PART of the equation.
I'll accept & support any QB Dorsey & Co bring in, but I would be ELATED with Mayfield and/or Rosen (listed alphabetically).
Just an old guys opinion.
Mike
IMHO, ANY of the top 4 QBs in 2018 would be a dramatic upgrade to ANY we have had since '99...
Three out of four is as high as I can go...
... and with two "dramtic" gets iffy...
.. and then there's the issue of when...
-
-
Report: Cleveland Browns down to Sam Darnold or Josh Allen for No. 1 pick in 2018 NFL Draft
With one month to go until the draft, the Browns appear to have narrowed their quarterback decision to two. -
Man, that's so funny because I'd go with just the opposite. Allen then Darnold. Rosen has been injured way too much and doesn't want to be here. Mayfield is way too short and would be just another Manziel (slightly better). Great in college, but not at the NFL level.
Man, that's so funny because I'd go with just the opposite. Allen then Darnold. Rosen has been injured way too much and doesn't want to be here. Mayfield is way too short and would be just another Manziel (slightly better). Great in college, but not at the NFL level.
That's how I see it. They have the highest ceilings, with the love for the game, work ethic, toughness and leadership to match success in the NFL.
Second tier is Mayfield, and Rudolph.
Third tier - all the rest, except for Rosen - I don't see the hype and the lone criteria of completion %, given that he had plenty of seniors around him, his LT in the first round, his center drawing attention in a later round...etc etc.
Speaking of third tier, Jackson is going to be amazing to watch - but I just don't know for how long, and how much success he'll have.
Maybe the Seahawks draft him?
-
Man, that's so funny because I'd go with just the opposite. Allen then Darnold. Rosen has been injured way too much and doesn't want to be here. Mayfield is way too short and would be just another Manziel (slightly better). Great in college, but not at the NFL level.
That's how I see it. They have the highest ceilings, with the love for the game, work ethic, toughness and leadership to match success in the NFL.
Second tier is Mayfield, and Rudolph.
Third tier - all the rest, except for Rosen - I don't see the hype and the lone criteria of completion %, given that he had plenty of seniors around him, his LT in the first round, his center drawing attention in a later round...etc etc.
Speaking of third tier, Jackson is going to be amazing to watch - but I just don't know for how long, and how much success he'll have.
Maybe the Seahawks draft him?
That's how I see it. They have the highest ceilings, with the love for the game, work ethic, toughness and leadership to match success in the NFL.
Second tier is Mayfield, and Rudolph.
Third tier - all the rest, except for Rosen - I don't see the hype and the lone criteria of completion %, given that he had plenty of seniors around him, his LT in the first round, his center drawing attention in a later round...etc etc.
Speaking of third tier, Jackson is going to be amazing to watch - but I just don't know for how long, and how much success he'll have.
Maybe the Seahawks draft him?
huh?
-
Keith BrittonVerified account @KeithBritton86
.
@KenCarman on#Browns No. 1 pick: “I’ve talked to several people over there, it’s just about settled, it’s Sam Darnold. I’ll put my reputation on it. It’s gonna be Sam Darnold.”3:48 AM - 28 Mar 2018 -
That's how I see it. They have the highest ceilings, with the love for the game, work ethic, toughness and leadership to match success in the NFL.
Second tier is Mayfield, and Rudolph.
Third tier - all the rest, except for Rosen - I don't see the hype and the lone criteria of completion %, given that he had plenty of seniors around him, his LT in the first round, his center drawing attention in a later round...etc etc.
Speaking of third tier, Jackson is going to be amazing to watch - but I just don't know for how long, and how much success he'll have.
Maybe the Seahawks draft him?
huh?
huh?
Kolton Miller - predicted first round in plenty of mocks.
Projected: Top-15
Pro Comparison: Jake Matthews - Atlanta Falcons
-
-
Report: Cleveland Browns down to Sam Darnold or Josh Allen for No. 1 pick in 2018 NFL Draft
With one month to go until the draft, the Browns appear to have narrowed their quarterback decision to two.Report: Cleveland Browns down to Sam Darnold or Josh Allen for No. 1 pick in 2018 NFL Draft
With one month to go until the draft, the Browns appear to have narrowed their quarterback decision to two.Hue essentially said- "it's not decided yet". ^^^^ Click bait- all 4 are still being evaluated. Dorsey said going back, plenty to think about. Why would the Browns even bother bringing in Rosen and Mayfield, if it's narrowed down to Darnold or Allen? I doubt they'd waste that much time just to muddy the waters.
-
Source is w"ky"c. With ky in it, sounds like a good followup for Seinfeld's "spongeworthy".
All we got was Allen and a case of ky from Mel "Ky"per

-
Man, that's so funny because I'd go with just the opposite. Allen then Darnold. Rosen has been injured way too much and doesn't want to be here. Mayfield is way too short and would be just another Manziel (slightly better). Great in college, but not at the NFL level.
That's how I see it. They have the highest ceilings, with the love for the game, work ethic, toughness and leadership to match success in the NFL.
Second tier is Mayfield, and Rudolph.
Third tier - all the rest, except for Rosen - I don't see the hype and the lone criteria of completion %, given that he had plenty of seniors around him, his LT in the first round, his center drawing attention in a later round...etc etc.
Speaking of third tier, Jackson is going to be amazing to watch - but I just don't know for how long, and how much success he'll have.
Maybe the Seahawks draft him?
That's how I see it. They have the highest ceilings, with the love for the game, work ethic, toughness and leadership to match success in the NFL.
Second tier is Mayfield, and Rudolph.
Third tier - all the rest, except for Rosen - I don't see the hype and the lone criteria of completion %, given that he had plenty of seniors around him, his LT in the first round, his center drawing attention in a later round...etc etc.
Speaking of third tier, Jackson is going to be amazing to watch - but I just don't know for how long, and how much success he'll have.
Maybe the Seahawks draft him?
Agree with all points Cal. I think Jackson is a bit small, not as much girth as Russell Wilson. Just don't see him lasting in the NFL. He might get a shot at QB, but I see him serving better as a receiver.
-
At least Mayfield was great in college. Allen was barely average.
Means nothing in the NFL. If Allen get's to sit behind Taylor (and he should), he can be one of the greats. When was the last time the Browns could say we drafted a QB and let him sit and learn? I mean really sit and learn.
-
At least Mayfield was great in college. Allen was barely average.
Means nothing in the NFL. If Allen get's to sit behind Taylor (and he should), he can be one of the greats. When was the last time the Browns could say we drafted a QB and let him sit and learn? I mean really sit and learn.
-
-
-
I think it will be Darnold. But you never know.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
)