QBs-We'll know 4/26/18
-
-
-
I think it will be Darnold. But you never know.
-
At least Mayfield was great in college. Allen was barely average.
Means nothing in the NFL. If Allen get's to sit behind Taylor (and he should), he can be one of the greats. When was the last time the Browns could say we drafted a QB and let him sit and learn? I mean really sit and learn.
Means nothing in the NFL. If Allen get's to sit behind Taylor (and he should), he can be one of the greats. When was the last time the Browns could say we drafted a QB and let him sit and learn? I mean really sit and learn.
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
-
Report: Cleveland Browns down to Sam Darnold or Josh Allen for No. 1 pick in 2018 NFL Draft
With one month to go until the draft, the Browns appear to have narrowed their quarterback decision to two.Hue essentially said- "it's not decided yet". ^^^^ Click bait- all 4 are still being evaluated. Dorsey said going back, plenty to think about. Why would the Browns even bother bringing in Rosen and Mayfield, if it's narrowed down to Darnold or Allen? I doubt they'd waste that much time just to muddy the waters.
Hue essentially said- "it's not decided yet". ^^^^ Click bait- all 4 are still being evaluated. Dorsey said going back, plenty to think about. Why would the Browns even bother bringing in Rosen and Mayfield, if it's narrowed down to Darnold or Allen? I doubt they'd waste that much time just to muddy the waters.
It isn't unheard of to bring in players to get an idea about, for trade proposal perspective from other teams. As in,
this is guy is high on their list - we can get more from them
-
Means nothing in the NFL. If Allen get's to sit behind Taylor (and he should), he can be one of the greats. When was the last time the Browns could say we drafted a QB and let him sit and learn? I mean really sit and learn.
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
Chapman isn't in the draft til 2019. He's shorter than Mayfield...
-
Means nothing in the NFL. If Allen get's to sit behind Taylor (and he should), he can be one of the greats. When was the last time the Browns could say we drafted a QB and let him sit and learn? I mean really sit and learn.
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
The top 4 quarterbacks being discussed are Mayfield, Allen, Rosen, and Darnold according the experts. I assume you knew this.
-
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
The top 4 quarterbacks being discussed are Mayfield, Allen, Rosen, and Darnold according the experts. I assume you knew this.
The top 4 quarterbacks being discussed are Mayfield, Allen, Rosen, and Darnold according the experts. I assume you knew this.
Of course I know this. And you really believe that having success in college means nothing in the NFL? Really?
I'll take one of the QB's that has had some success over the guy who falls flat on his face against good competition in college.
-
Like when you have a very willing but really stupid classmate and you tell him 'Hey, leave that to us, you just sit and learn'?
Westside Steve was a classmate of mine in junior English....Mr. Harpool. Some people told him to sit and learn....and he sat down on a big gob of bubblegum. He learned.
-
-
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
The top 4 quarterbacks being discussed are Mayfield, Allen, Rosen, and Darnold according the experts. I assume you knew this.
-
The top 4 quarterbacks being discussed are Mayfield, Allen, Rosen, and Darnold according the experts. I assume you knew this.
Of course I know this. And you really believe that having success in college means nothing in the NFL? Really?
I'll take one of the QB's that has had some success over the guy who falls flat on his face against good competition in college.
Of course I know this. And you really believe that having success in college means nothing in the NFL? Really?
I'll take one of the QB's that has had some success over the guy who falls flat on his face against good competition in college.
I think a QB with more potential in college, can certainly surprise. I can be wrong, but I do think Allen can be they guy. Go back to the USC QBs over the years, they have been superlative in college, but haven't panned out in the NFL. Look at Ryan Leaf's stats coming out of Washington State. He was drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. College stats can be very misleading.
-
Of course I know this. And you really believe that having success in college means nothing in the NFL? Really?
I'll take one of the QB's that has had some success over the guy who falls flat on his face against good competition in college.
I think a QB with more potential in college, can certainly surprise. I can be wrong, but I do think Allen can be they guy. Go back to the USC QBs over the years, they have been superlative in college, but haven't panned out in the NFL. Look at Ryan Leaf's stats coming out of Washington State. He was drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. College stats can be very misleading.
I think a QB with more potential in college, can certainly surprise. I can be wrong, but I do think Allen can be they guy. Go back to the USC QBs over the years, they have been superlative in college, but haven't panned out in the NFL. Look at Ryan Leaf's stats coming out of Washington State. He was drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. College stats can be very misleading.
Ryan Leaf was not drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. Allen is Kizer 2.0 and we all saw how that worked out.
-
I think a QB with more potential in college, can certainly surprise. I can be wrong, but I do think Allen can be they guy. Go back to the USC QBs over the years, they have been superlative in college, but haven't panned out in the NFL. Look at Ryan Leaf's stats coming out of Washington State. He was drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. College stats can be very misleading.
Ryan Leaf was not drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. Allen is Kizer 2.0 and we all saw how that worked out.
-
Of course I know this. And you really believe that having success in college means nothing in the NFL? Really?
I'll take one of the QB's that has had some success over the guy who falls flat on his face against good competition in college.
I think a QB with more potential in college, can certainly surprise. I can be wrong, but I do think Allen can be they guy. Go back to the USC QBs over the years, they have been superlative in college, but haven't panned out in the NFL. Look at Ryan Leaf's stats coming out of Washington State. He was drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. College stats can be very misleading.
I think a QB with more potential in college, can certainly surprise. I can be wrong, but I do think Allen can be they guy. Go back to the USC QBs over the years, they have been superlative in college, but haven't panned out in the NFL. Look at Ryan Leaf's stats coming out of Washington State. He was drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. College stats can be very misleading.
Leafs stats were not good. 53. 8% for his career at wsu. 48% in the NFL.
6'5 235.... He sounds a lot more similar to Allen than Rosen or Darnold.
-
I think a QB with more potential in college, can certainly surprise. I can be wrong, but I do think Allen can be they guy. Go back to the USC QBs over the years, they have been superlative in college, but haven't panned out in the NFL. Look at Ryan Leaf's stats coming out of Washington State. He was drafted ahead of Peyton Manning. College stats can be very misleading.
Leafs stats were not good. 53. 8% for his career at wsu. 48% in the NFL.
6'5 235.... He sounds a lot more similar to Allen than Rosen or Darnold.
-
Could you call Allen something like a newer version of Leaf? How about:
A Leaflet?

Plus Leaf was kind of a fly off the handle nut job, got waaaaay to much money as a signing bonus (back then) a motivation killer.
.......edit add, (how not to evaluate a franchise quarterback)
1998 NFL Draft
Peyton Manning and Leaf were widely considered the two best players available in the 1998 draft,[5] and scouts and analysts debated who should be selected first.[9][10][7] Many favored Leaf's stronger arm and greater potential,[5][11] while others deemed Manning the more mature player and the safer pick.[12] Most observers, however, believed that it would not greatly matter.......
........The San Diego Chargers needed a new quarterback after having scored the fewest touchdowns in the league in the previous season. To obtain the second draft pick, the team traded its third overall pick, a future first round pick, a second round pick, and three-time Pro Bowler Eric Metcalf to the Arizona Cardinals, guaranteeing the Chargers the right to draft whichever of the two quarterbacks Indianapolis did not take first. Manning was drafted first by the Colts and Leaf second by the Chargers,[13] who signed him to a four-year contract worth $31.25 million, including a guaranteed $11.25 million signing bonus, the largest ever paid to a rookie at the time.[15] Leaf said, "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl, and a parade through downtown San Diego."[11] The night after the draft, Leaf flew to Las Vegas, Nevada on the jet of Chargers owner Alex Spanos and partied all night; the following day Leaf yawned during his first news conference......[16]
-
Means nothing in the NFL. If Allen get's to sit behind Taylor (and he should), he can be one of the greats. When was the last time the Browns could say we drafted a QB and let him sit and learn? I mean really sit and learn.
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
It means nothing? So based on that, we could pick Christian Chapman instead of Allen because he's going to "sit and learn". He's an average QB from the mountain west conference, why aren't we talking about drafting him in round 1?
I can almost guarantee his stats were better against power 5 teams than Allen's.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

