Skip to content

reddit Prospect Tracker

The Browns Board
63 16 2.0k
  • @nero said:

    Has Rosen already visited Berea? He said he was visiting for private workouts.

    We privately worked out Rosen in Cali around the time we attended Darnold's pro day. I do not believe Rosen has visited Berea yet, but is scheduled to do so.

    I asked the poster about the meaning of the "Private" column designation. Here's the reply I received..

    Private is for private workouts regardless of location, as well as Cleveland's local pro day, and private visits to Berea. I did it that way because it's difficult to find information on workouts held, say, on campus and workouts held in Berea. Usually visits are specified as visits, but still.

    As for like, talking to prospects the day before or after a Pro Day, I mark that down under the Pro Day tab.

    Realistically speaking, a prospect could have multiple checks under the Private tab.

    @tour2ma said:

    We privately worked out Rosen in Cali around the time we attended Darnold's pro day.

    I wasn't aware.  I know that within a day of Darnold's pro day they were at Mayfield's...

  • Interesting that we took a private visit with Mom but didn't go to Michigan's pro day

    But then again I remember looking at this last year and bring disappointed there was nothing for Pep...

    Trade back into the 1st for Mo? Get a steal and I buy another jersey

  • Interesting that we took a private visit with Mom but didn't go to Michigan's pro day

    But then again I remember looking at this last year and bring disappointed there was nothing for Pep...

    Trade back into the 1st for Mo? Get a steal and I buy another jersey

    @mld-woody said:

    Interesting that we took a private visit with Mom but didn't go to Michigan's pro day

    But then again I remember looking at this last year and bring disappointed there was nothing for Pep...

    Trade back into the 1st for Mo? Get a steal and I buy another jersey

    Not sure there are any prospects that interest the Browns from FMU....though....I am still of the belief that they may still need/want another DT....and I am under the impression that the Top FMU prospect is that DT.   What say you?   Give us a scouting report on how you think he would/could fit on the Browns.

  • Haven't watched Ford from UT yet but he's dialed up on my list.  As expected with Hurst dropping figured we would show interest in a rotational 3tech.   Still don't expect Dorsey to go against trend and take a RB high left alone first round and Vita makes little sense given we shipped out a similar mold in Danny to the Pats. 

    Fingers crossed all the QB talk is smoke screen and the Browns do the smart thing here.

    @tiamat63 said:

    As expected with Hurst dropping figured we would show interest in a rotational 3tech.

    Read where Hurst has now been medically cleared for the heart thing ( a medical term) flagged at the Combine... so the fall may reverse.

    As I've said, I think our path to an improved pass rush this draft is via a penetrating DT... and while there are a few prospects that qualify,  that is Hurst's game.

    @orion said:

    I wasn't aware.  I know that within a day of Darnold's pro day they were at Mayfield's...

    In his interview with Rich Eisen, Rosen mentioned working out for a team in the rain the same day as Darnold's Pro Day.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Interesting that we took a private visit with Mom but didn't go to Michigan's pro day

    But then again I remember looking at this last year and bring disappointed there was nothing for Pep...

    Trade back into the 1st for Mo? Get a steal and I buy another jersey

    Not sure there are any prospects that interest the Browns from FMU....though....I am still of the belief that they may still need/want another DT....and I am under the impression that the Top FMU prospect is that DT.   What say you?   Give us a scouting report on how you think he would/could fit on the Browns.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not sure there are any prospects that interest the Browns from FMU....though....I am still of the belief that they may still need/want another DT....and I am under the impression that the Top FMU prospect is that DT.   What say you?   Give us a scouting report on how you think he would/could fit on the Browns.

    Yeah, he's clearly our best prospect. I mean, we barely had any seniors, and no one left early. I think we only have 3 guys looking to get drafted.

    He's the opposite of Shelton, but the best interior pass rusher in this draft. I'm not quite sure what fronts we're gonna run, but you can't have too much pass rush. While he isn't Arron Donald, he can provide pressure in that same way. 

    If Mo starts to fall, might move back into the first. But who knows where he'll go. I've seen him mocked between 3rd overall and the 3rd round. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not sure there are any prospects that interest the Browns from FMU....though....I am still of the belief that they may still need/want another DT....and I am under the impression that the Top FMU prospect is that DT.   What say you?   Give us a scouting report on how you think he would/could fit on the Browns.

    Yeah, he's clearly our best prospect. I mean, we barely had any seniors, and no one left early. I think we only have 3 guys looking to get drafted.

    He's the opposite of Shelton, but the best interior pass rusher in this draft. I'm not quite sure what fronts we're gonna run, but you can't have too much pass rush. While he isn't Arron Donald, he can provide pressure in that same way. 

    If Mo starts to fall, might move back into the first. But who knows where he'll go. I've seen him mocked between 3rd overall and the 3rd round. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah, he's clearly our best prospect. I mean, we barely had any seniors, and no one left early. I think we only have 3 guys looking to get drafted.

    He's the opposite of Shelton, but the best interior pass rusher in this draft. I'm not quite sure what fronts we're gonna run, but you can't have too much pass rush. While he isn't Arron Donald, he can provide pressure in that same way. 

    If Mo starts to fall, might move back into the first. But who knows where he'll go. I've seen him mocked between 3rd overall and the 3rd round. 

    Doesn't he have a heart issue or something?    I believe that will depress his draft status.  Teams would be unlikely to take a risk with their first round pick.....however, a team that, say, has multiple second round picks could be one that might take a flyer on him there.     I wonder if you can think of a team like that?

    In the CBS rankings...he is rated the #8 overall prospect..and the top DT.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    As expected with Hurst dropping figured we would show interest in a rotational 3tech.

    Read where Hurst has now been medically cleared for the heart thing ( a medical term) flagged at the Combine... so the fall may reverse.

    As I've said, I think our path to an improved pass rush this draft is via a penetrating DT... and while there are a few prospects that qualify,  that is Hurst's game.

    @orion said:

    I wasn't aware.  I know that within a day of Darnold's pro day they were at Mayfield's...

    In his interview with Rich Eisen, Rosen mentioned working out for a team in the rain the same day as Darnold's Pro Day.

    @tour2ma said:

    Read where Hurst has now been medically cleared for the heart thing ( a medical term) flagged at the Combine... so the fall may reverse.

    As I've said, I think our path to an improved pass rush this draft is via a penetrating DT... and while there are a few prospects that qualify,  that is Hurst's game.

    My thoughts on Mo are pretty well stated.     I think he falls outside the first because, though while cleared, you'll still have GM's with the "buuuuuut" in the back of their mind.    Be that the case then I'm all for it.  Having him and Brantley on the inside in sub packages intrigues the Shmuck out of me.  

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yeah, he's clearly our best prospect. I mean, we barely had any seniors, and no one left early. I think we only have 3 guys looking to get drafted.

    He's the opposite of Shelton, but the best interior pass rusher in this draft. I'm not quite sure what fronts we're gonna run, but you can't have too much pass rush. While he isn't Arron Donald, he can provide pressure in that same way. 

    If Mo starts to fall, might move back into the first. But who knows where he'll go. I've seen him mocked between 3rd overall and the 3rd round. 

    Doesn't he have a heart issue or something?    I believe that will depress his draft status.  Teams would be unlikely to take a risk with their first round pick.....however, a team that, say, has multiple second round picks could be one that might take a flyer on him there.     I wonder if you can think of a team like that?

    In the CBS rankings...he is rated the #8 overall prospect..and the top DT.

    @the-gipper said:

    Doesn't he have a heart issue or something?    I believe that will depress his draft status.  Teams would be unlikely to take a risk with their first round pick.....however, a team that, say, has multiple second round picks could be one that might take a flyer on him there.     I wonder if you can think of a team like that?

    In the CBS rankings...he is rated the #8 overall prospect..and the top DT.

    No, we've been over this. He had an irregular EKG or something that easily flagged at the combine. It then came out this was found out Michigan too, but he was cleared to play. NFL doctors have cleared him to play as well. While some GMs may be scared away, all indications say he's fine. 

    PFF likes him a lot too. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Read where Hurst has now been medically cleared for the heart thing ( a medical term) flagged at the Combine... so the fall may reverse.

    As I've said, I think our path to an improved pass rush this draft is via a penetrating DT... and while there are a few prospects that qualify,  that is Hurst's game.

    My thoughts on Mo are pretty well stated.     I think he falls outside the first because, though while cleared, you'll still have GM's with the "buuuuuut" in the back of their mind.    Be that the case then I'm all for it.  Having him and Brantley on the inside in sub packages intrigues the Shmuck out of me.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    My thoughts on Mo are pretty well stated.     I think he falls outside the first because, though while cleared, you'll still have GM's with the "buuuuuut" in the back of their mind.    Be that the case then I'm all for it.  Having him and Brantley on the inside in sub packages intrigues the Shmuck out of me.  

    I think he'll still go late first because teams are looking for interior pressure. I agree though, that pairing him with our DL now is intriguing. He'd be a luxury pick though.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Doesn't he have a heart issue or something?    I believe that will depress his draft status.  Teams would be unlikely to take a risk with their first round pick.....however, a team that, say, has multiple second round picks could be one that might take a flyer on him there.     I wonder if you can think of a team like that?

    In the CBS rankings...he is rated the #8 overall prospect..and the top DT.

    No, we've been over this. He had an irregular EKG or something that easily flagged at the combine. It then came out this was found out Michigan too, but he was cleared to play. NFL doctors have cleared him to play as well. While some GMs may be scared away, all indications say he's fine. 

    PFF likes him a lot too. 

    @mld-woody said:

    No, we've been over this. He had an irregular EKG or something that easily flagged at the combine. It then came out this was found out Michigan too, but he was cleared to play. NFL doctors have cleared him to play as well. While some GMs may be scared away, all indications say he's fine. 

    PFF likes him a lot too. 

    What do you mean NO?

    The answer is YES:   A.  Yes...he apparently did have  a heart issue....even if it is supposedly "cleared"  and YES....it could very well affect  where he would get picked. 

    He was rated a possible Top Ten pick.   With this info....he may still be a Top Ten pick....Top Ten in the second or third round.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Doesn't he have a heart issue or something?    I believe that will depress his draft status.  Teams would be unlikely to take a risk with their first round pick.....however, a team that, say, has multiple second round picks could be one that might take a flyer on him there.     I wonder if you can think of a team like that?

    In the CBS rankings...he is rated the #8 overall prospect..and the top DT.

    No, we've been over this. He had an irregular EKG or something that easily flagged at the combine. It then came out this was found out Michigan too, but he was cleared to play. NFL doctors have cleared him to play as well. While some GMs may be scared away, all indications say he's fine. 

    PFF likes him a lot too. 

    @mld-woody said:

    No, we've been over this. He had an irregular EKG or something that easily flagged at the combine. It then came out this was found out Michigan too, but he was cleared to play. NFL doctors have cleared him to play as well. While some GMs may be scared away, all indications say he's fine. 

    PFF likes him a lot too. 

    This brought to mind a funny EKG memory. Back in the '70s, while working in patient accounts mgmt at Aultman Hospital in Canton, the husband of one of my employees was admitted to have a circumcision done (he was in his 30s). My boss & I snuck a 6 pack into his room & after we each drank 2, a knock came on the door, which we had locked. It was a Tech to do an EKG. Of course, we excused ourselves & left, laughing. Next morning my boss, John, & I were still chuckling about our "good deed" when the patient's wife walked in & demanded to know what the hell we had done to Tim cuz his EKG was "all f**ked up!". Those damned things can be sensitive!

    Obviously, that was before DRGs, PPOs, HIPA, etc, etc. back when life was still fun & laughter wasn't offensive. I miss those days but treasure the memories.

    Mike

  • @mld-woody said:

    No, we've been over this. He had an irregular EKG or something that easily flagged at the combine. It then came out this was found out Michigan too, but he was cleared to play. NFL doctors have cleared him to play as well. While some GMs may be scared away, all indications say he's fine. 

    PFF likes him a lot too. 

    This brought to mind a funny EKG memory. Back in the '70s, while working in patient accounts mgmt at Aultman Hospital in Canton, the husband of one of my employees was admitted to have a circumcision done (he was in his 30s). My boss & I snuck a 6 pack into his room & after we each drank 2, a knock came on the door, which we had locked. It was a Tech to do an EKG. Of course, we excused ourselves & left, laughing. Next morning my boss, John, & I were still chuckling about our "good deed" when the patient's wife walked in & demanded to know what the hell we had done to Tim cuz his EKG was "all f**ked up!". Those damned things can be sensitive!

    Obviously, that was before DRGs, PPOs, HIPA, etc, etc. back when life was still fun & laughter wasn't offensive. I miss those days but treasure the memories.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    This brought to mind a funny EKG memory. Back in the '70s, while working in patient accounts mgmt at Aultman Hospital in Canton, the husband of one of my employees was admitted to have a circumcision done (he was in his 30s). My boss & I snuck a 6 pack into his room & after we each drank 2, a knock came on the door, which we had locked. It was a Tech to do an EKG. Of course, we excused ourselves & left, laughing. Next morning my boss, John, & I were still chuckling about our "good deed" when the patient's wife walked in & demanded to know what the hell we had done to Tim cuz his EKG was "all f**ked up!". Those damned things can be sensitive!

    Obviously, that was before DRGs, PPOs, HIPPA, etc, etc. back when life was still fun & laughter wasn't offensive. I miss those days but treasure the memories.

    Mike

    Just when I wondered how many acronyms could an american use in a single post... 🙄

  • @canton-mike said:

    This brought to mind a funny EKG memory. Back in the '70s, while working in patient accounts mgmt at Aultman Hospital in Canton, the husband of one of my employees was admitted to have a circumcision done (he was in his 30s). My boss & I snuck a 6 pack into his room & after we each drank 2, a knock came on the door, which we had locked. It was a Tech to do an EKG. Of course, we excused ourselves & left, laughing. Next morning my boss, John, & I were still chuckling about our "good deed" when the patient's wife walked in & demanded to know what the hell we had done to Tim cuz his EKG was "all f**ked up!". Those damned things can be sensitive!

    Obviously, that was before DRGs, PPOs, HIPPA, etc, etc. back when life was still fun & laughter wasn't offensive. I miss those days but treasure the memories.

    Mike

    Just when I wondered how many acronyms could an american use in a single post... 🙄

    @nero said:

    Just when I wondered how many acronyms could an american use in a single post... 🙄

    Exactly why American English is the most difficult language to learn.  😉

    Mike

  • As unenthused as I was at the idea of drafting Peppers last season, I'm enthused at the idea of drafting Hurst. 

    Like Woody said, he's the anti-Shelton... Gotta think Williams would love to add him. 

  • @nero said:

    Just when I wondered how many acronyms could an american use in a single post... 🙄

    Exactly why American English is the most difficult language to learn.  😉

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Exactly why American English is the most difficult language to learn.  😉

    Mike

    No it's the idioms that do it................................opps I let the cat out of the bag.🙄

  • As unenthused as I was at the idea of drafting Peppers last season, I'm enthused at the idea of drafting Hurst. 

    Like Woody said, he's the anti-Shelton... Gotta think Williams would love to add him. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    As unenthused as I was at the idea of drafting Peppers last season, I'm enthused at the idea of drafting Hurst. 

    Like Woody said, he's the anti-Shelton... Gotta think Williams would love to add him. 

    There should be more enthusiasm now that he'll be in position. Especially if you just look at the two games we had him there at the end of last season.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    As unenthused as I was at the idea of drafting Peppers last season, I'm enthused at the idea of drafting Hurst. 

    Like Woody said, he's the anti-Shelton... Gotta think Williams would love to add him. 

    There should be more enthusiasm now that he'll be in position. Especially if you just look at the two games we had him there at the end of last season.

    @mld-woody said:

    There should be more enthusiasm now that he'll be in position. Especially if you just look at the two games we had him there at the end of last season.

    I didn't really notice that much of an improvement to be honest, but whatever, the kid was put in a dumb situation that he didn't cause. Kind of like Kizer. 

    Thrilled he'll be at strong safety from Day 1 of this season. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    My thoughts on Mo are pretty well stated.     I think he falls outside the first because, though while cleared, you'll still have GM's with the "buuuuuut" in the back of their mind.    Be that the case then I'm all for it.  Having him and Brantley on the inside in sub packages intrigues the Shmuck out of me.  

    I think he'll still go late first because teams are looking for interior pressure. I agree though, that pairing him with our DL now is intriguing. He'd be a luxury pick though.

    @mld-woody said:

    I think he'll still go late first because teams are looking for interior pressure. I agree though, that pairing him with our DL now is intriguing. He'd be a luxury pick though.

    Not seeing the luxury unless we go Chubb at #4. IMO a gap-shootin', 3-tech DT is just what the Dr. ordered for our pass rush.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I think he'll still go late first because teams are looking for interior pressure. I agree though, that pairing him with our DL now is intriguing. He'd be a luxury pick though.

    Not seeing the luxury unless we go Chubb at #4. IMO a gap-shootin', 3-tech DT is just what the Dr. ordered for our pass rush.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not seeing the luxury unless we go Chubb at #4. IMO a gap-shootin', 3-tech DT is just what the Dr. ordered for our pass rush.

    I just think we have bigger needs. But if Mo starts to fall, it would be a steal. 

  • At this point I'll take any kind of QB pressure from where ever I can find it.   Interior? Great?  Edge? Works for me.        We just need to affect the QB more than we have without having to send additional rushers.