Skip to content

reddit Prospect Tracker

The Browns Board
63 16 2.0k
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

    Not necessarily - before the heart I said late 1st. 20-25ish.   Not unrealistic to expect him available at 33 or 35

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not necessarily - before the heart I said late 1st. 20-25ish.   Not unrealistic to expect him available at 33 or 35

    Would you be interested in him there tia?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Not necessarily - before the heart I said late 1st. 20-25ish.   Not unrealistic to expect him available at 33 or 35

    Would you be interested in him there tia?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Would you be interested in him there tia?

    Depends on how the first round goes. 

    edit:  Most likely a big yes.  

  • Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

    I would consider him at #4...

  • It really all depends on how much stock they put in his heart getting flagged at the combine. Before that point, most people had him in the first, some even high first. I don't think I'd bank on him being around in the 2nd

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

    I would consider him at #4...

    @tour2ma said:

    I would consider him at #4...

    7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken?

    Ehhhh.......  

  • @mld-woody said:

    No, we've been over this. He had an irregular EKG or something that easily flagged at the combine. It then came out this was found out Michigan too, but he was cleared to play. NFL doctors have cleared him to play as well. While some GMs may be scared away, all indications say he's fine. 

    PFF likes him a lot too. 

    What do you mean NO?

    The answer is YES:   A.  Yes...he apparently did have  a heart issue....even if it is supposedly "cleared"  and YES....it could very well affect  where he would get picked. 

    He was rated a possible Top Ten pick.   With this info....he may still be a Top Ten pick....Top Ten in the second or third round.

    @the-gipper said:

    What do you mean NO?

    The answer is YES:   A.  Yes...he apparently did have  a heart issue....even if it is supposedly "cleared"  and YES....it could very well affect  where he would get picked. 

    He was rated a possible Top Ten pick.   With this info....he may still be a Top Ten pick....Top Ten in the second or third round.

    Not all irregular EKGs are significant Gip.   

    @nero said:

    Just when I wondered how many acronyms could an american use in a single post... 🙄

    I hope you got the EKG (electro cardio gram) part.  DRG- Diagnosis related group. (broken arm). PPO preferred provider organization. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Essentially USA privacy rights- you have to have a need to know before they release medical information. I couldn't even reorder my wife's prescriptions without her signing a form authorizing me to do so. Hehe- back in the good old 70s we had a celebrity patient in our hospital- George Carlin was in a car accident, and I mean everyone knew about it,  what room he was in & what was wrong with him. Now, you can get fired for spreading that information. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I would consider him at #4...

    7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken?

    Ehhhh.......  

    @tiamat63 said:

    7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken?

    Ehhhh.......  

    But now people are chasing for Donald 2.0

  • @tiamat63 said:

    7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken?

    Ehhhh.......  

    But now people are chasing for Donald 2.0

    @mld-woody said:

    But now people are chasing for Donald 2.0

    Like me some Mo, but he ain't Donald nor Don 2.0.      I'm not going top 5 for Donald Lite either.  

  • @mld-woody said:

    But now people are chasing for Donald 2.0

    Like me some Mo, but he ain't Donald nor Don 2.0.      I'm not going top 5 for Donald Lite either.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Like me some Mo, but he ain't Donald nor Don 2.0.      I'm not going top 5 for Donald Lite either.  

    I'm not saying he is. I'm saying a lot of teams are looking for their own Donald. Driving the price up of prospects in the mold of Donald

  • @tour2ma said:

    I would consider him at #4...

    7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken?

    Ehhhh.......  

    @tiamat63 said:

    7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken? Ehhhh.......  

    How is that relevant? Every draft is different. I'm pretty sure Donald would go at #4 in this draft... not that Hurst is Donald.

    I'm fully on record as not seeing elite, non-QB talent at #4 and wanting to trade down. But if I am stuck at #4, a medically cleared Hurst is in my mix. Do I end up taking him there? Dunno... it may come down to the drop off I see to my other candidates at varying stages in the draft, and DT is one of the deeper positions.

  • I'd be fine with trading down at 4 too

  • Mo Hurst is certainly in the mix.. https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/1/17185674/with-the-4th-pick-in-the-2018-nfl-draft  Most Bills fan forums think it will take 2 more trades to get a top 4 QB..I'd suggest the Bills get to Colts first.(sure it takes two) I'd let Bills screw Elway #5 from screwing the pooch again at QB, sliding back from #4 to #6 with Bills.most Bills fans like Allen in whether of Buffalo possiblly saving Elway(again) But Am not a big fan, of passing up this kind of falling talent (Ward/Chubb included) due to QB madness. I'd drink a 6 pack sweating it out to pick #12 🙂. #DorseyDungeonofmisery..    

  • .....so we had Baykrr in for a meeting today.  Wonder how it went.....

  • @tiamat63 said:

    7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken? Ehhhh.......  

    How is that relevant? Every draft is different. I'm pretty sure Donald would go at #4 in this draft... not that Hurst is Donald.

    I'm fully on record as not seeing elite, non-QB talent at #4 and wanting to trade down. But if I am stuck at #4, a medically cleared Hurst is in my mix. Do I end up taking him there? Dunno... it may come down to the drop off I see to my other candidates at varying stages in the draft, and DT is one of the deeper positions.

    @tour2ma said:

    How is that relevant? Every draft is different. I'm pretty sure Donald would go at #4 in this draft... not that Hurst is Donald.

    I'm fully on record as not seeing elite, non-QB talent at #4 and wanting to trade down. But if I am stuck at #4, a medically cleared Hurst is in my mix. Do I end up taking him there? Dunno... it may come down to the drop off I see to my other candidates at varying stages in the draft, and DT is one of the deeper positions.

    Fair point that every draft is different and I, like you, don't see that "franchise" level player outside of our first time agreement on a QB.      Chubb, to me, will be a very good player and will sniff a pro bowl or two.  So I realize I have to over pick a tad.  But getting a potential Griffin or as another article referenced, Chris long type - is worth top 5 right now simply because of the strength it adds to our edge rush.

    I don't see Mo as worth the... "over investment"  (let's call it that)  

    Should we trade down from 4? Shmuck yeah ill be interested.   But before that? Not so much. 

  • Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

    rumors oh those wacky rumors one that i read was being that seattle has so few picks this year is that the Browns were in talks with them about moving up

  • .....so we had Baykrr in for a meeting today.  Wonder how it went.....

    @orion said:

    .....so we had Baykrr in for a meeting today.  Wonder how it went.....

    We should ask Po... he has a "source"... 😉

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?

    rumors oh those wacky rumors one that i read was being that seattle has so few picks this year is that the Browns were in talks with them about moving up

    @syd said:

    rumors oh those wacky rumors one that i read was being that seattle has so few picks this year is that the Browns were in talks with them about moving up

    It wouldn't shock me if the Browns traded down out of the #4 spot, but that seems like quite the trade down. 

  • @syd said:

    rumors oh those wacky rumors one that i read was being that seattle has so few picks this year is that the Browns were in talks with them about moving up

    It wouldn't shock me if the Browns traded down out of the #4 spot, but that seems like quite the trade down. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It wouldn't shock me if the Browns traded down out of the #4 spot, but that seems like quite the trade down. 

    Hey Dutch are you still thinking about a draft questions list?

    Pick no, player, team in R1? This might be fun!

  • @orion said:

    .....so we had Baykrr in for a meeting today.  Wonder how it went.....

    We should ask Po... he has a "source"... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    We should ask Po... he has a "source"... 😉

    If Po outsourced his source, what would that be?😛

    Maybe a Buddhist monk chanting, "Saquaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn"

  • @syd said:

    rumors oh those wacky rumors one that i read was being that seattle has so few picks this year is that the Browns were in talks with them about moving up

    It wouldn't shock me if the Browns traded down out of the #4 spot, but that seems like quite the trade down. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It wouldn't shock me if the Browns traded down out of the #4 spot, but that seems like quite the trade down. 

    oh excuse me my bad I meant the Browns trading back up into the first round for the Seahawks pick