■ 2018 - 2019 ODDS TO WIN THE NCAA FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ■
-
Our schedule is brutal
Well....there are two factors that do make your schedule more "brutal" than say OSUs: A. You DO have to play Wisconsin, and OSU does not. OSU has to play Minnesota instead. B. You DO have to play Ohio State....and OSU does not have to play itself....it just has to play Michigan instead.
On the other hand, OSU does play 2 P5 non conference games. (Ore St. and TCU) Mich only has to play one...P5 equivalent Notre Dame.
Well....there are two factors that do make your schedule more "brutal" than say OSUs: A. You DO have to play Wisconsin, and OSU does not. OSU has to play Minnesota instead. B. You DO have to play Ohio State....and OSU does not have to play itself....it just has to play Michigan instead.
On the other hand, OSU does play 2 P5 non conference games. (Ore St. and TCU) Mich only has to play one...P5 equivalent Notre Dame.
Anything I say about Michigan that isn't overtly negative you have to try and discredit... Lol
-
Well....there are two factors that do make your schedule more "brutal" than say OSUs: A. You DO have to play Wisconsin, and OSU does not. OSU has to play Minnesota instead. B. You DO have to play Ohio State....and OSU does not have to play itself....it just has to play Michigan instead.
On the other hand, OSU does play 2 P5 non conference games. (Ore St. and TCU) Mich only has to play one...P5 equivalent Notre Dame.
Anything I say about Michigan that isn't overtly negative you have to try and discredit... Lol
Anything I say about Michigan that isn't overtly negative you have to try and discredit... Lol
What are you talking about? I agreed with you. Wisconsin is a tougher opponent than Minnesota likely will be. FMU DOES have to play Ohio State.
At least ratings wise at this point, Notre Dame seems to be a potentially more difficult opponent than TCU. Of course that remains to be seen as the season goes on.
But, of course, I realize that actual facts are not your strong point. Or it depends on if you think that the non P5 SMU is on a level as the P5 Oregon State. That also remains to be seen. They are likely close enough that the fact that one is P5 and the other not may not be that big a difference. Its not like OSU is taking on the cream of the Pac 12....USC, Washington UCLA or the like.
Nevertheless....I understand your natural and rightful propensity to feel inferior.
-
Hahahahahaha. The guy least interested in facts is telling me I don't listen to facts. Hahahaha
You aren't bright man
Fact of the matter is, like I said, you have to try and undermine anything about Michigan.
Not to mention you're not even hitting on Home vs Away, which is a huge contributor here.
Our schedule is brutal
-
Hahahahahaha. The guy least interested in facts is telling me I don't listen to facts. Hahahaha
You aren't bright man
Fact of the matter is, like I said, you have to try and undermine anything about Michigan.
Not to mention you're not even hitting on Home vs Away, which is a huge contributor here.
Our schedule is brutal
Hahahahahaha. The guy least interested in facts is telling me I don't listen to facts. Hahahaha
You aren't bright man
Fact of the matter is, like I said, you have to try and undermine anything about Michigan.
Not to mention you're not even hitting on Home vs Away, which is a huge contributor here.
Our schedule is brutal
There is not a single fact that I haven't listened to. You just don't like the facts.
And, you are right....I didn't pay attention to home vs. away. Because it is not patricularly relevant. You have Wisconsin at home, you have Penn St. at home. You can't have every tough game at home. Same with OSU.....which has to go on the road to Penn St. So...as far as the Big Ten schedule is concerned....Michigan has the advantage in home vs. road.
And, FYI....I don't have to TRY at all to undermine anything about Michigan. They do it all on their own without one bit of help by me. I just report facts....the ones you hate to hear.
-
Gip, you can keep saying you're about facts, that doesn't make it true. Any unbiased person can see that. You've proven that time and time again whenever OSU or Michigan is involved.
Home Field Advantage is obviously relevant in college football. What are you talking about?
Plus, we play MSU and OSU on the road, so what are you even talking about? Plus ND on the road.
-
Just for comparison look at this killer Bama schedule.

Preseason 8, 13, 25.
Alabama football schedule 2018
Date Opponent Location April 21 A-Day Spring Game Tuscaloosa, Ala. Sept. 1 Louisville Orlando, Fla. Sept. 8 Arkansas State Tuscaloosa, Ala. Sept. 15 at Ole Miss Oxford, Miss. Sept. 22 No. 25 Texas A&M Tuscaloosa, Ala. Sept. 29 Louisiana-Lafayette Tuscaloosa, Ala. Oct. 6 at Arkansas Fayetteville, Ark. Oct. 13 Missouri Tuscaloosa, Ala. Oct. 20 at Tennessee Knoxville, Tenn. Oct. 27 Bye Off Nov. 3 at No. 13 LSU Baton Rouge, La. Nov. 10 Mississippi State Tuscaloosa, Ala. Nov. 17 The Citadel Tuscaloosa, Ala. Nov. 24 No. 8 Auburn Tuscaloosa, Ala. Dec. 1 SEC championship Atlanta Bold denotes SEC games
Oh I can't wait for college football!
-
Just for the latest 5/12/2018 vegasinsider.com odds on D-1A football here's the whole lineup, remember too that the oddsmakers don't really care who wins as long as the money gets bet evenly......and that they don't lose money.
ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (1/7/19)Team Odds Alabama 9/4 Clemson 6/1 3. Ohio State......THE BIG TWO AGAIN? 15/2 Georgia 8/1 5. Michigan......DON'T LOOK PAST M 15/1 6. Penn State....... EH? NO BARKLEY 15/1 Oklahoma 22/1 Washington 22/1 Auburn 28/1 Florida State 30/1 11. Wisconsin. ......NOT SURE YET, WAS 20/1 30/1 LSU 35/1 Texas 35/1 Miami, Fl. 45/1 Michigan State........NOW #15, THE UPPER ECHELON OF THE B10... 45/1 Virginia Tech 45/1 West Virginia 45/1 18. USC 50/1 19. Notre Dame 55/1 Stanford 55/1 Texas A&M 70/1 Florida 100/1 UCLA 110/1 Arizona 120/1 Boise State 120/1 Kansas State 120/1 Mississippi State 120/1 Missouri 120/1 Oklahoma State 120/1 Oregon 120/1 TCU 120/1 Nebraska......MISS BO YET? YSU WENT TO THE 1-AA NC YEAR 2 150/1 South Carolina 175/1 Iowa State 225/1 North Carolina State 225/1 Utah 225/1 Wake Forest 225/1 Central Florida 300/1 Iowa.......THESE NEXT FOUR LUMPED TOGETHER ? 300/1 Purdue...... ? 300/1 Louisville 350/1 Minnesota...... ? 350/1 Northwestern....... ? 350/1 Syracuse 350/1 Washington State 350/1 Colorado 500/1 Ole Miss 500/1 Arizona State 600/1 Arkansas 600/1 Boston College 600/1 Duke 600/1 Georgia Tech 600/1 Houston 600/1 Indiana......ANOTHER CELLAR DWELLER.....AGAIN THE HC ! 600/1 Kentucky 600/1 Maryland.......NEARLY AS BAD AS RUTGERS.... 600/1 Memphis 600/1 North Carolina 600/1 Pittsburgh 600/1 South Florida 600/1 Tennessee 600/1 Texas Tech 600/1 Vanderbilt 600/1 Virginia 600/1 Florida Atlantic 750/1 BYU 1200/1 Baylor 1200/1 California 1200/1 Colorado State 1200/1 Fresno State 1200/1 Illinois.....WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ILLINI? ( THE HC! )... 1200/1 Kansas 1200/1 Oregon State 1200/1 Rutgers.....OMG WAS THIS A LOUSY BIG TEN ADDITION. .... 1200/1 San Diego State 1200/1 Appalachian State 9999/1 Nevada 9999/1 UNLV 9999/1 How To Bet College Futures
The “Odds to Win” wager in college football is also commonly referred to as a future wager. Bettors must correctly select a team to win an event that takes place a later time. The money wagered will be tied up until there is an outcome and bettors will receive fixed odds when they place the wager. The future odds are normally updated on a weekly basis and wagers can be placed throughout the season.
-
Were those odds before or after Shae was made eligible?
-
Were those odds before or after Shae was made eligible?
I just pulled that up this Saturday morning, those numbers do move quite often as necessary.
-
Gip, you can keep saying you're about facts, that doesn't make it true. Any unbiased person can see that. You've proven that time and time again whenever OSU or Michigan is involved.
Home Field Advantage is obviously relevant in college football. What are you talking about?
Plus, we play MSU and OSU on the road, so what are you even talking about? Plus ND on the road.
Gip, you can keep saying you're about facts, that doesn't make it true. Any unbiased person can see that. You've proven that time and time again whenever OSU or Michigan is involved.
Home Field Advantage is obviously relevant in college football. What are you talking about?
Plus, we play MSU and OSU on the road, so what are you even talking about? Plus ND on the road.
Unbiased? You expect me to be unbiased about OSU/Michigan? What fuyucking planet have you been living on? Hello...McFly...is anybody home?
Besides....I agreed with you that the FMU schedule was brutal. WTF was it about that that you did not understand.
Nevertheless.....It is a FACT that FMU plays only one P5 non conf. game...OSU plays 2. It is also a FACT that you DO have those tough games vs. Wisconsin and Penn State at home. OSU has to play Penn St. on the road...and they too have to play Mich. St. on the road.
As I said....the ONLY factor that I can see that gives FMU a more "brutal" schedule than OSU is that Wisconsin game. (if you count the game vs. each other as a wash....though playing OSU on the road is another factor.)
Your problem....apparently...is that you just cannot handle someone agreeing with you. Mich. does have a brutal schedule, for sure.
So what do you think, with that brutal schedule: 7-5? 6-6?
-
Heard he's visiting LSU and Cincinnati
I hope he goes to Cincy
I don't want him in Cincy with Fickell.
I think LSU would be a better fit.
I think LSU would be a better fit.
Why not Oklahoma with Lincoln Riley? Sooners better Qb Kyler Murray is playing baseball & looking more like MLBaseball. Riley and Sooners still have talent & with Burrow it would close the gap with Bama at #1. Burrow may even play Michigan or Buckeyes in major bowl at Homa..
-
I think LSU would be a better fit.
Why not Oklahoma with Lincoln Riley? Sooners better Qb Kyler Murray is playing baseball & looking more like MLBaseball. Riley and Sooners still have talent & with Burrow it would close the gap with Bama at #1. Burrow may even play Michigan or Buckeyes in major bowl at Homa..
Why not Oklahoma with Lincoln Riley? Sooners better Qb Kyler Murray is playing baseball & looking more like MLBaseball. Riley and Sooners still have talent & with Burrow it would close the gap with Bama at #1. Burrow may even play Michigan or Buckeyes in major bowl at Homa..
I think he would be a great fit the Sooners, but I haven't heard any rumors about Joe going to Norman.
No matter where Burrow goes, the Buckeye's AD must sign off on the transfer.
That will probably put the nix on the Nebraska rumor (since Joe has family working for the Cornhuskers) because I can't see OSU letting him go to another Big 10 team.
-
Why not Oklahoma with Lincoln Riley? Sooners better Qb Kyler Murray is playing baseball & looking more like MLBaseball. Riley and Sooners still have talent & with Burrow it would close the gap with Bama at #1. Burrow may even play Michigan or Buckeyes in major bowl at Homa..
I think he would be a great fit the Sooners, but I haven't heard any rumors about Joe going to Norman.
No matter where Burrow goes, the Buckeye's AD must sign off on the transfer.
That will probably put the nix on the Nebraska rumor (since Joe has family working for the Cornhuskers) because I can't see OSU letting him go to another Big 10 team.
I think he would be a great fit the Sooners, but I haven't heard any rumors about Joe going to Norman.
It' been brewing https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Bolt/Joe-Burrow-to-Oklahoma-if-Kyler-Murray-leaves-Greg-Mcelroy-says-118095930 Kyler being a 1st round baseball pick? it'd be hard for Kyler to pass up that kind of pocket $change$.Russell Wilson was a 3rd round baseball pick.
-
I think he would be a great fit the Sooners, but I haven't heard any rumors about Joe going to Norman.
It' been brewing https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Bolt/Joe-Burrow-to-Oklahoma-if-Kyler-Murray-leaves-Greg-Mcelroy-says-118095930 Kyler being a 1st round baseball pick? it'd be hard for Kyler to pass up that kind of pocket $change$.Russell Wilson was a 3rd round baseball pick.
It' been brewing https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Bolt/Joe-Burrow-to-Oklahoma-if-Kyler-Murray-leaves-Greg-Mcelroy-says-118095930 Kyler being a 1st round baseball pick? it'd be hard for Kyler to pass up that kind of pocket $change$.Russell Wilson was a 3rd round baseball pick.
I’ve heard the rumors of UC, Florida, LSU, and Nebraska but haven’t heard about Oklahoma.
I think Riley could use a QB of Burrow’s caliber...I hope he lands there.
-
Burrows should go play in the MAC.
-
Burrows should go play in the MAC.
Burrows should go play in the MAC.
Joe has the talent to play in one of the P5 conferences, so if he went to the MAC it would be a step down.
Urban never felt the need to play Burrows because he didn't recruit him.
Which in hindsight, is probably better for Burrow's being developed as a QB elsewhere.
Its not like Urban Meyer is a QB whisperer...just look at JT Barrett.
-
Well to be fair to Urban, whether he is or isn't, his system doesn't require it.
It will be interesting to see if they utilize the passing game more now with Haskins at QB.
-
Burrows should go play in the MAC.
Joe has the talent to play in one of the P5 conferences, so if he went to the MAC it would be a step down.
Urban never felt the need to play Burrows because he didn't recruit him.
Which in hindsight, is probably better for Burrow's being developed as a QB elsewhere.
Its not like Urban Meyer is a QB whisperer...just look at JT Barrett.
Joe has the talent to play in one of the P5 conferences, so if he went to the MAC it would be a step down.
Urban never felt the need to play Burrows because he didn't recruit him.
Which in hindsight, is probably better for Burrow's being developed as a QB elsewhere.
Its not like Urban Meyer is a QB whisperer...just look at JT Barrett.
Sure, look at him: one of the most successful college QBs of all time. As was Braxton Miller before him. And don't forget that he had Tebow at FLA.
And that he developed Alex Smith at Utah.
So, while it may not be said that he develops a lot of QBs that end up doing well in the NFL....he has had some. Smith: #1 overall pick...still starting in the NFL. Tebow....one game when he punked the Steelers...that was good enough for me out of him. His OSU QBs? Not designed to really move to the next level.
He coaches QBs to win at Ohio State....not necessarily beyond that.
I mean, honestly....some of the best pro QBs ever were not necessarily the cream of the crop when it came to their college careers. Brady....had to fight for a starting job his whole time at Mich. Brees...went to Purdue....where they likely won nothing. Ben R. Good in college, likely underrecruited.
Favre, Marino, the Mannings....Rivers, etc. Not great success per se in College.
And, FYI, here is the list of QBs who have won the national championships since 2000:
Josh Heupel Okla
Ken Dorsey Miami
Craig Krenzel Ohio St.
Matt Mauck LSU
Matt Leinert USC
Vince Young Texas
Chris Leak Florida
Matt Flynn LSU
Tim Tebow Florida
Greg McElroy Alabama
Cam Newton Auburn
AJ McCarron Alabama
Jameis Winston FSU
Cardale Jones OSU
Jake Coker Ala.
DeShaun Watson Clemson
Jalen Hurt Ala.
Only one single proven quality NFL starter there. Newton. Others, like Winston and Watson still have the book out on them. A couple were thought to be strong pro QB candidates, but flamed out: Young, Leinert. One became a decent backup QB at best: Flynn.
So, I think I can say this with some confidence: total success in the college game does not really translate into success in the NFL. And vice versa....QBs have to be good....but their NFL prowess may have little with how they ...or their team, did in college.
-
It' been brewing https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Bolt/Joe-Burrow-to-Oklahoma-if-Kyler-Murray-leaves-Greg-Mcelroy-says-118095930 Kyler being a 1st round baseball pick? it'd be hard for Kyler to pass up that kind of pocket $change$.Russell Wilson was a 3rd round baseball pick.
I’ve heard the rumors of UC, Florida, LSU, and Nebraska but haven’t heard about Oklahoma.
I think Riley could use a QB of Burrow’s caliber...I hope he lands there.
I’ve heard the rumors of UC, Florida, LSU, and Nebraska but haven’t heard about Oklahoma.
I think Riley could use a QB of Burrow’s caliber...I hope he lands there.
Joe announced going to LSU. That will move the LSU odds..Hoping Joe does well there..
-
I bet he does well there. LSU is usually everything but a QB
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
