Pluto this week
-
Then again I tend to root for Notre Dame guys unless they are going up against the Buckeyes and for anybody with a Mc or O' in his name.
WSS
-
LaDexter said:
This OT class is a flat out disaster.
4 go 1st round next season..what's your option on Pitts. LT Brian O'Neill? could be had in 2nd or 3rd round..has not miss a game in 38 straight. lots of game film,including Chubb, easy to gain weight at 6'7"
-
LaDexter said:
This OT class is a flat out disaster.
McGlinchey is tall with high hips and doesn't have great bend, and was consistently beaten in pass protection as a result.
Connor Williams has injury issues, short arms, and erratic tape.
Rankins of Miss St. may not make it in the NFL as either an OG or an OT.
Orlando Brown Jr. is stiff and unathletic.
I personally think NE will reach for Austin Corbett of Nevada in Round 1 for their OLT. He may not be worth that pick, but he isn't a complete disaster either.
Best long term OL and OLT prospect in this Draft = Matt Gono of Wesley College, who will need a year to learn NFL OL scheme.
Desmond Harrison ....... if he can stay clean ........ been a model student for a while now.......
-
-
I honestly want us to take shock and awe at 1 and 4 which to me is the best QB and then Barkley at 4. I have to say though you could build a case to take Nelson at 4 and push Bitonio to LT.
I know Bitonio played some LT in college, but there's a very good chance he's not LT-caliber in the pros. I think that would be a very questionable move.
-
I don't want to trade out of #4. I want a blue chipper who will contribute from day one there. No gettin' cute. We've got two picks at the top of round two to add more pretty decent talent. That's three guys that should pretty much help right away. And our QB of the future at #1 overall.
-
I honestly want us to take shock and awe at 1 and 4 which to me is the best QB and then Barkley at 4. I have to say though you could build a case to take Nelson at 4 and push Bitonio to LT.
I know Bitonio played some LT in college, but there's a very good chance he's not LT-caliber in the pros. I think that would be a very questionable move.
I know Bitonio played some LT in college, but there's a very good chance he's not LT-caliber in the pros. I think that would be a very questionable move.
Joel was a LT option once, but no longer. He's now a square bodied interior OL.
It's not a very good OT class. Most days I think there may be one prospect that's worth a late first... and most of those days it's Rankins, who I've watched for two years.
There are Day 2 developmental prospects, including Pitt's O'Neill in addition to the Round One projections who should fall.
Day 3? A couple there as well led by TCU's Joe Noteboom.
-
Hopefully Shon Coleman can be a nice surprise at LT. JT seems to think he might, but JT also is a bit more positive than he should be sometimes.
-
Hopefully Shon Coleman can be a nice surprise at LT. JT seems to think he might, but JT also is a bit more positive than he should be sometimes.
Hopefully Shon Coleman can be a nice surprise at LT. JT seems to think he might, but JT also is a bit more positive than he should be sometimes.
Good chance he performs better. His Auburn tape at LT looked better than he showed at RT for us... movement was smoother, more natural on the left side.
-
LaDexter said:
O'Neill is a good athlete with thin legs who gets overpowered.
Height has nothing to do with weight potential. FRAME matters. O'Neill is not a naturally big framed guy. He and Erving are somewhat similar prospects. If we take O'Neill, perhaps Hue and Co will put him inside and watch him get even more overpowered....
I thought the same thing about McGlitchey - standing next to Quenton Nelson- McC looks a little taller but narrowly built. Just an observation.
I still believe Barkley is the guy #1 and then you add the QB. Whichever one you draft @ 4 turns into a combo upgrade on offense, and if that's the goal- improving the offense- that does it. Not only improving the offensive firepower while Taylor is here but Barkley becomes a Veteran player when the rook is ready to take the reigns. Flame me all you want for Hogan but this philosophy is solid.
-
LaDexter said:
O'Neill is a good athlete with thin legs who gets overpowered.
Height has nothing to do with weight potential. FRAME matters. O'Neill is not a naturally big framed guy. He and Erving are somewhat similar prospects. If we take O'Neill, perhaps Hue and Co will put him inside and watch him get even more overpowered....
I thought the same thing about McGlitchey - standing next to Quenton Nelson- McC looks a little taller but narrowly built. Just an observation.
I still believe Barkley is the guy #1 and then you add the QB. Whichever one you draft @ 4 turns into a combo upgrade on offense, and if that's the goal- improving the offense- that does it. Not only improving the offensive firepower while Taylor is here but Barkley becomes a Veteran player when the rook is ready to take the reigns. Flame me all you want for Hogan but this philosophy is solid.
I still believe Barkley is the guy #1 and then you add the QB. Whichever one you draft @ 4 turns into a combo upgrade on offense, and if that's the goal- improving the offense- that does it. Not only improving the offensive firepower while Taylor is here but Barkley becomes a Veteran player when the rook is ready to take the reigns. Flame me all you want for Hogan but this philosophy is solid.
Taking a RB #1 is never a solid philosophy, and I like Barkley.
Regardless, it isn't happening.
-
I still believe Barkley is the guy #1 and then you add the QB. Whichever one you draft @ 4 turns into a combo upgrade on offense, and if that's the goal- improving the offense- that does it. Not only improving the offensive firepower while Taylor is here but Barkley becomes a Veteran player when the rook is ready to take the reigns. Flame me all you want for Hogan but this philosophy is solid.
Taking a RB #1 is never a solid philosophy, and I like Barkley.
Regardless, it isn't happening.
Taking a RB #1 is never a solid philosophy, and I like Barkley.
Regardless, it isn't happening.
Especially when you look at the depth of the class.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login