Skip to content

Talking to a Penn State fan last night...

The Browns Board
33 19 964 1
  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Talking to a Penn State fan last night...

    ...and the second that I mentioned Saquon his first words to me were "I don't think that he'll be a good pro."  When I asked why he replied "Because he can't get four yards.  Everything is either minus three or a breakaway.  And those breakaways will be limited because everyone in the NFL is so much faster."

    So there's that.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Interesting. And reflects what I think about his "between the tackles" abilities compared to others who are tougher inside.

  • B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Blocking is better in the Pros. Once through the hole, its usually daylight for 10 plus yards because LBs and DBs have to respect the pass.

    Schemes are better.

    QBs are better at selling play action.

    Yeah, defenses are faster and so is Barkley with 4.4 speed. If youre going to use him as a battering ram inside runner 3 yards and a cloud of dust then forget it. Not that type of player.

  • Talking to a Penn State fan last night...

    ...and the second that I mentioned Saquon his first words to me were "I don't think that he'll be a good pro."  When I asked why he replied "Because he can't get four yards.  Everything is either minus three or a breakaway.  And those breakaways will be limited because everyone in the NFL is so much faster."

    So there's that.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @suomi said:

    Talking to a Penn State fan last night...

    ...and the second that I mentioned Saquon his first words to me were "I don't think that he'll be a good pro."  When I asked why he replied "Because he can't get four yards.  Everything is either minus three or a breakaway.  And those breakaways will be limited because everyone in the NFL is so much faster."

    So there's that.

    Sounds like Barry Sanders.

    I am not pimping Barkley....just saying.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Trent Richardson

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #6

    He's ordinary..

  • Talking to a Penn State fan last night...

    ...and the second that I mentioned Saquon his first words to me were "I don't think that he'll be a good pro."  When I asked why he replied "Because he can't get four yards.  Everything is either minus three or a breakaway.  And those breakaways will be limited because everyone in the NFL is so much faster."

    So there's that.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @suomi said:

    Talking to a Penn State fan last night...

    ...and the second that I mentioned Saquon his first words to me were "I don't think that he'll be a good pro."  When I asked why he replied "Because he can't get four yards.  Everything is either minus three or a breakaway.  And those breakaways will be limited because everyone in the NFL is so much faster."

    So there's that.

    Yes the LBs and FSs will rock your world in the pros and they can all run faster than the NCAA dudes.

    A friend of mine, grew up two houses from me was a first team All Ohio DE went to a BIG 10 school and found out they were all "All Something" there, the pros are a mega jump from that.

    Barkley might work out but teams are more reluctant now to use a top draft pick on such a risky position.....again Trent Richardson. 

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Ding ding ding. Join the club. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #9

    How did the PSU fan like "Paterno" on HBO? 😆

    The Penn State fans in my family won't watch it, because its easier to deny the truth and be complicit I guess. 

  • How did the PSU fan like "Paterno" on HBO? 😆

    The Penn State fans in my family won't watch it, because its easier to deny the truth and be complicit I guess. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @dutch-oven said:

    How did the PSU fan like "Paterno" on HBO? 😆

    The Penn State fans in my family won't watch it, because its easier to deny the truth and be complicit I guess. 

    i watched die hard last night instead is the paterno movie any good ?

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #11

    My guess is teams see him very differently to the media or the popular mock draft guys, he's been way overhyped by the latter

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    How did the PSU fan like "Paterno" on HBO? 😆

    The Penn State fans in my family won't watch it, because its easier to deny the truth and be complicit I guess. 

    i watched die hard last night instead is the paterno movie any good ?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @syd said:

    i watched die hard last night instead is the paterno movie any good ?

    Watched it last nite... Not bad... a lot of stuff that I'd forgotten about the whole thing.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    The whole thing that freaks me out about that whole news.. Was how suddenly Paterno and his wife passed so suddenly afterword... Its almost uncanny..... Would love to read both autopsy reports on them.. I just find it too convenient.. They're deceased.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Chubb all the way please. Don’t need another blown top five pick. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Yup, I want Chubb.

    However, in Barley's defense, he's been compared to Marshall Faulk.  Well, Faulk wasn't a 'move the pile 4 yards' type of back either.  But he could run, make people miss and catch.  Kinda' like Duke.  We can pick up a RB later.

  • @syd said:

    i watched die hard last night instead is the paterno movie any good ?

    Watched it last nite... Not bad... a lot of stuff that I'd forgotten about the whole thing.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tour2ma said:

    Watched it last nite... Not bad... a lot of stuff that I'd forgotten about the whole thing.

    Is this the one on Netflix? 

    I found the outpouring of love toward Paterno that came from Penn State fans after the allegations very disturbing. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Watched it last nite... Not bad... a lot of stuff that I'd forgotten about the whole thing.

    Is this the one on Netflix? 

    I found the outpouring of love toward Paterno that came from Penn State fans after the allegations very disturbing. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @londonbrown said:

    Is this the one on Netflix? 

    I found the outpouring of love toward Paterno that came from Penn State fans after the allegations very disturbing. 

    You'd be surprised how many Americans will continue to love someone in power they support regardless of the avalanche of proof of how morally-bankrupt said person is.

    But no, it's not on Netflix, it's on HBO. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Wow AL Pacino has come a long way since the Godfather.....

    Al Pacino‘s performance as legendary Penn State football coach Joe Paterno in the HBO original movie Paterno is awfully impressive. Here he is, playing a guy known for being essentially a pair of sunglasses and a windbreaker jacket for the last 10 years of his career at least, who coached into his mid-80s and whose career was cut short by a sex scandal involving one of his assistant coaches, Jerry Sandusky, who was accused or raping many young boys via his position as a coach and director of a youth camp. As the scandal quickly unfolded in the fall of 2011, Paterno soon became embroiled as he was accused of ignoring evidence and claims that the abuse was happening and either turning a blind eye towards it or enabling........ 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Is this the one on Netflix? 

    I found the outpouring of love toward Paterno that came from Penn State fans after the allegations very disturbing. 

    You'd be surprised how many Americans will continue to love someone in power they support regardless of the avalanche of proof of how morally-bankrupt said person is.

    But no, it's not on Netflix, it's on HBO. 

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    You'd be surprised how many Americans will continue to love someone in power they support regardless of the avalanche of proof of how morally-bankrupt said person is.

    I thought you were talking about the current administration there for a minute. hmmmmmmm?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You'd be surprised how many Americans will continue to love someone in power they support regardless of the avalanche of proof of how morally-bankrupt said person is.

    I thought you were talking about the current administration there for a minute. hmmmmmmm?

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @furious-styles said:

    I thought you were talking about the current administration there for a minute. hmmmmmmm?

    I thought followers of the guy from Kenya.