Skip to content

Post Your Favorite Stoner/Doom Rock Albums!

Barber Shop Talk
13 8 705
  • Stoner/Doom rock albums 😕 when your to the point of singing about "Shelfs in the Room" and it's a hit..who wins? 

    everybody must get stoned    

  • I don't think I know what a "stoner/doom rock" album is.  

    I can tell you however  a couple of which albums I recall being....shall we say....under the influence of something while listening to and having them seem awesome. These were a long long time ago.

    51zJyUc+r6L._SX355_.jpg

    cover_14551529102017_r.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think I know what a "stoner/doom rock" album is.  

    I can tell you however  a couple of which albums I recall being....shall we say....under the influence of something while listening to and having them seem awesome. These were a long long time ago.

    51zJyUc+r6L._SX355_.jpg

    cover_14551529102017_r.jpg

    Not sure of the specific definition but it would be my guess that neither one of those come remotely close to being classified as Stoner Doom Rock.

    WSS

  • Metallica 

  • My favorite LED ZEPPELIN II followed by the original LED ZEPPELIN. If I had a tattoo it would have been that picture!

    led_zeppelin_-_led_zeppelin_II-front.jpg

    220px-Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_(1969)_front_cover.png

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't think I know what a "stoner/doom rock" album is.  

    I can tell you however  a couple of which albums I recall being....shall we say....under the influence of something while listening to and having them seem awesome. These were a long long time ago.

    51zJyUc+r6L._SX355_.jpg

    cover_14551529102017_r.jpg

    Not sure of the specific definition but it would be my guess that neither one of those come remotely close to being classified as Stoner Doom Rock.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Not sure of the specific definition but it would be my guess that neither one of those come remotely close to being classified as Stoner Doom Rock.

    WSS

    OK....like I said, I have no idea what that definition is......so I just went with what I listened to when I was tripping as a result of you spiking my hamburger. 😉

  • Monster Magnet

  • @westside-steve said:

    Not sure of the specific definition but it would be my guess that neither one of those come remotely close to being classified as Stoner Doom Rock.

    WSS

    OK....like I said, I have no idea what that definition is......so I just went with what I listened to when I was tripping as a result of you spiking my hamburger. 😉

    @the-gipper said:

    OK....like I said, I have no idea what that definition is......so I just went with what I listened to when I was tripping as a result of you spiking my hamburger. 😉

    I thought that was Alice Cooper. Oh well.

    WSS

  • The Doors first album. 

    BTW Steve I bought myself a harmonica on ebay this week, so I plan to renew my failed musical career from 61 years ago (Age 10 when the instructor never even showed me how to make noise through a trumpet, nor how to read music). Since that time I have learned about that biblical verse......"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord." That I'm sure I can do.?