Inside Info about a Divided Browns Org on our QB? Interesting stuff from a guy who (says he) knows a guy...
-
If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field
Because the summing of the addition of two individuals with 1 in 32 odds to "the field" with 1 in 32 odds does not keep the field's odds at 1 in 32.
The field's odds would rise to 3 in 32 or ~ +1000.
...he may be crazy in love...but he ain't stupid with his money. I guess.
Wanna bet?
-
I'm sure different folks in our FO and on our staff have "known" who they want at #1 for months. Very similar to folks here in that regard. The difference is that they've had new data to consider from visits and workouts... data to which we are not privy. Our last real data was provided by the Combine. Most Pro Days flew by unnoticed.
But sure... they are doing the same for pick #4, #33, etc... plus they've been feeling out deals and running scenarios. While knowing their own mind is job one, knowing the minds of 31 other teams, at least to the extent that we are not blindsided by a pick or deal, is just as important and more difficult.
Do we really need to find a long term answer at RB this draft? Is there a position that matters less and is less secure from a longevity standpoint than RB?
That's a fair point about the RB position. I think the interest for us stems in the obvious loss of Crowell, but equally because of the crop of RB's entering the draft lead by a unique, highly touted stud from Penn State. Now, I'm nowhere near as high on Barkley as many, but the fact remains that there are several RB's entering the draft that will be available when we pick, and we also have an abundance of early picks. If we didn't have the multiple 2nd rounders, then no, I don't think finding a RB would necessarily be at the top of the needs list. But, we DO have multiple 2nd rounders...three to be exact. To be honest, I think we'll move down to the 3rd round with one of those picks because we gave up our 3rd round for Tyrod, but still...finding a RB makes some sense to me. That being said, I'm not going to be too upset if we DON'T draft one, either.
The guy I like, Derius Guice, won't be available in the 2nd round from what I'm hearing. He's the "downhill" type back with a nasty attitude that I've been desperately wanting on our team, but I'm guessing somebody else will somewhat reach for him and he'll be gone long before the draft gets back to us. On paper, the guy from San Diego State appears interesting, but I don't know much about the guy.
That's a fair point about the RB position. I think the interest for us stems in the obvious loss of Crowell, but equally because of the crop of RB's entering the draft lead by a unique, highly touted stud from Penn State. Now, I'm nowhere near as high on Barkley as many, but the fact remains that there are several RB's entering the draft that will be available when we pick, and we also have an abundance of early picks. If we didn't have the multiple 2nd rounders, then no, I don't think finding a RB would necessarily be at the top of the needs list. But, we DO have multiple 2nd rounders...three to be exact.
Agree... and I have no issue with spending a 2nd round pick on one of the RB prospects.
I simply would not package picks to move up in a class where the talent roll off is so gradual for a given position as I see it being in this RB class.
-
If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field
Because the summing of the addition of two individuals with 1 in 32 odds to "the field" with 1 in 32 odds does not keep the field's odds at 1 in 32.
The field's odds would rise to 3 in 32 or ~ +1000.
...he may be crazy in love...but he ain't stupid with his money. I guess.
Wanna bet?
Wanna bet?
No....because neither am I stupid with my money.
Besides, what would be the bet? That we don't draft Barkley? But...OK.....I will go for the bet with a hot fudge sundae on the line. I say no we don't...not with one or four. You say we do with either one?
And you know....I still have not gotten my pitcher of Margaritas from Stan over my Trubisky bet last year.
-
If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field
They have specific odds, remember those numbers can change up to the event.
Everyone else not mentioned are the field.
-
Well... there's been a couple updates. And they are not good news for either the Rosen or Allen lovers...
Good news for you, but sh*** news for me.... Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law about an hour ago... he said the Giants are rebuffing even the Broncos current unbelievable trade offer because their personnel group is operating under belief that the Browns are taking Baker Mayfield at 1.
They will stay at number 2, Select Sam Darnold in a scenario that at the start of the draft season was only thought to be an unattainable fantasy.
The coaches desire for Josh Rosen has apparently cooled due to the neurology review and medical assessment during his private workout and private medical review at the hospital showing he may have some longterm risk having sustained 4 concussions in 3.5 years (2 in high school; 2 in college).
After the interviews and private workouts, Baker Mayfield has won the QB derby.....
Giants personnel group actually thinks the Browns will go 1. Baker Mayfield and 4. Denzel Ward.
At this point, my b.i.l. thinks the top 7 will go: 1. Browns: Baker Mayfield, 2. Giants: Sam Darnold, 3. Jets: Josh Rosen, 4. Browns: Denzel Ward, 5. Broncos: Quenton Nelson or Trade down with Buffalo who comes up to get Josh Allen, 6. Colts: Bradley Chubb, 7. Buccaneers: Saquon Barkley
1. The Oklahoma staff firmly believes that Baker is John Dorsey's guy... and that he's been so all along specifically because Dorsey called the coaches and private manager of Mayfield and told him to keep his head down and stay out of trouble more than once.
2. Supposedly, The O-Coaches & Eliot Wolf (Haley, Zampese, and Hue) wanted Rosen but now it's Darnold after private meetings and neurological assessments of Rosen... meanwhile the key Personnel group (Dorsey, Highsmith, McCloughan) all are full on Team Mayfield...
Well... there's been a couple updates. And they are not good news for either the Rosen or Allen lovers...
Another mock (CBS Sports) with this brilliant (not) insight. The Browns will draft Josh Allen at #1 because last year Dorsey drafted another cannon arm quarterback in Pat Mahomes....
-
Well... there's been a couple updates. And they are not good news for either the Rosen or Allen lovers...
Another mock (CBS Sports) with this brilliant (not) insight. The Browns will draft Josh Allen at #1 because last year Dorsey drafted another cannon arm quarterback in Pat Mahomes....
Another mock (CBS Sports) with this brilliant (not) insight. The Browns will draft Josh Allen at #1 because last year Dorsey drafted another cannon arm quarterback in Pat Mahomes....
Mahomes completed over 65% of his passes the last year with improvement every year over his 3 years there against better competition. Only thing they have in common is the cannon.
-
Well... there's been a couple updates. And they are not good news for either the Rosen or Allen lovers...
Another mock (CBS Sports) with this brilliant (not) insight. The Browns will draft Josh Allen at #1 because last year Dorsey drafted another cannon arm quarterback in Pat Mahomes....
-
Speaking of Radio Silence...
Simms & Lefkoe @SimmsAndLefkoe
Browns GM John Dorsey is keeping his intentions for the #1 pick a secret from everyone, including Owner Jimmy Haslam, until the night before the NFL Draft. According to Simms and
@SI_PeterKing -
-
Just wanted to point out that this guy who knew a guy nailed our Mayfield-Ward exacta.
I think in future years I will pay even more attention to him.
-
Just wanted to point out that this guy who knew a guy nailed our Mayfield-Ward exacta.
I think in future years I will pay even more attention to him.
Just wanted to point out that this guy who knew a guy nailed our Mayfield-Ward exacta.
I think in future years I will pay even more attention to him.
Where'd he say anything about Ward? Tea leaves said Ward was a strong consideration: multiple pre-draft visits w/ Ward, DB overhaul underway, and Dorsey asking for more speed on defense.
And one thing remains true, if this is true, Hue Jackson still can't pick QBs: Kessler, washed up RG3, Kizer, and now Rosen.
-
Just wanted to point out that this guy who knew a guy nailed our Mayfield-Ward exacta.
I think in future years I will pay even more attention to him.
Just wanted to point out that this guy who knew a guy nailed our Mayfield-Ward exacta.
I think in future years I will pay even more attention to him.
You want to ask him who he's got in the Exacta in the Derby? If I head to Northfield or Thistledown that day...it would be good to know!!

-
-
Just wanted to point out that this guy who knew a guy nailed our Mayfield-Ward exacta.
I think in future years I will pay even more attention to him.
Where'd he say anything about Ward? Tea leaves said Ward was a strong consideration: multiple pre-draft visits w/ Ward, DB overhaul underway, and Dorsey asking for more speed on defense.
And one thing remains true, if this is true, Hue Jackson still can't pick QBs: Kessler, washed up RG3, Kizer, and now Rosen.
Where'd he say anything about Ward? Tea leaves said Ward was a strong consideration: multiple pre-draft visits w/ Ward, DB overhaul underway, and Dorsey asking for more speed on defense.
He put up a poll a week or so ago over on Football'sFuture.com covering all the combos of the top five QBs with Barkley, Chubb and Ward... 15 pairings in all. When I voted there were around 50 votes and he was the only one to cast his vote for Mayfield - Ward.
Weeks prior to that he was alerting our deep interest n Ward at 4.
-
No....it is more exactamundo. Is that Spanish? Or Italian?
Exactamente is Spanish for sure. Esattamente is Italian.
Therefore Exactamundo is either Texmex or Spanglish.

-
No....it is more exactamundo. Is that Spanish? Or Italian?
Exactamente is Spanish for sure. Esattamente is Italian.
Therefore Exactamundo is either Texmex or Spanglish.

Exactamente is Spanish for sure. Esattamente is Italian.
Therefore Exactamundo is either Texmex or Spanglish.

Actually....it is "Italian"....as apparently it is a slang term that was originally used by one Arthur Fonzarelli.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
