Skip to content

Inside Info about a Divided Browns Org on our QB? Interesting stuff from a guy who (says he) knows a guy...

The Browns Board
119 30 6.5k 1
  • I'll put my take from what I got out of the NFL.com article in another post. Until we hear something from Dorsey himself press conference Thursday, all this chatter we're hearing is pure speculation and heavy predraft smoke...  

  • And you are not getting jacksh!t from Dorsey Thursday either...

  • @tour2ma said:

    I actually think DePo is in that room as well, but not McCloughan.

    Highsmith? Maybe, but if he is in, then I'm not sure the identically titled Barry and Kovash aren't as well... and suddenly the room is getting bigger.

    As for considering Allen... that'd only take someone believing he's seen something. If that someone is Dorsey and that something is enough, then it may be hard to push him off "his guy". And that, in a nutshell, is the other edge of the double-edged, "football guy" sword.

    What’s the first edge?

    Hue... lol... still thinks he's getting in on the decision... that he'll be brought into the light.

    And exactly how does Hue know how Dorsey operates?

    @wargograw said:

    What’s the first edge?

    Infallibility...

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    This picture gives this scenario a lot more credibility. Look who is directly to the left of Dorsey, yeah that’s Scot McCloughan

    58C8BE9A-03D9-4E01-BD95-26C61B0E53EC.jpeg

    Maybe Hue is the photographer for these events.

    @ballpeen said:

    Maybe Hue is the photographer for these events.

    And he can't sneak in a selfie?

  • Hue... lol... still thinks he's getting in on the decision... that he'll be brought into the light.

    And exactly how does Hue know how Dorsey operates?

    @wargograw said:

    What’s the first edge?

    Infallibility...

    @tour2ma said:

    Hue... lol... still thinks he's getting in on the decision... that he'll be brought into the light.

    And exactly how does Hue know how Dorsey operates?.

    But despite the (now) overwhelming evidence- in a large part supplied by Jackson himself, a certain troll still thinks Hue is the one calling the draft shots. 😆

    EDIT: And if that's not enough...  https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Hue-Jackson-leaves-little-doubt-as-to-whos-leading-the-Browns-in-the-upcoming-NFL-Draft-117435973?utm_source=Scout Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180418_102626_Cleveland Browns&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=CA-1F-A7-07-02-43-35-CA-71-7D-7D-AF-89-03-3E-6C180418_102626ClevelandBrowns

  • Betting odds on 1st pick ...Darnold still odds on despite rumors

    • Sam Darnold (QB) -300
    • Josh Allen (QB) +175
    • Saquon Barkley (RB) +400
    • Josh Rosen (QB) +1000
    • Baker Mayfield (QB) +3300
    • Bradley Chubb (DE) +3300
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB) +6600
    • Field (Any Other Player) +3300

    @darren15 said:

    Betting odds on 1st pick ...Darnold still odds on despite rumors

    • Sam Darnold (QB) -300
    • Josh Allen (QB) +175
    • Saquon Barkley (RB) +400
    • Josh Rosen (QB) +1000
    • Baker Mayfield (QB) +3300
    • Bradley Chubb (DE) +3300
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB) +6600
    • Field (Any Other Player) +3300

    Mayfield and Rosen seem like good bets.....

  • Damn good odds on it being Barkley as well!

  • Damn good odds on it being Barkley as well!

    @poeticg said:

    Damn good odds on it being Barkley as well!

    Wanna bet?

  • @ballpeen said:

    Maybe Hue is the photographer for these events.

    And he can't sneak in a selfie?

    @mjp28 said:

    And he can't sneak in a selfie?

    Image result for uncle fester burnt face

  • @poeticg said:

    Damn good odds on it being Barkley as well!

    Wanna bet?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Wanna bet?

    Whoa I'd back off those odds and try the even up stuff...... +400 could get expensive -but- still probably safe.

    MY BEST BETS Rosen +1,000 or Mayfield or Chubb a big +3,300. 😁

  • If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field 

  • Damn good odds on it being Barkley as well!

    @poeticg said:

    Damn good odds on it being Barkley as well!

    Call Vegas now and put $1,000 down on your guy if you want to lose money fast...  

  • I'm betting it's Darnold and Chubb for the Browns with the Giants rolling the dice for "now" with Barkley and Jets on a QB not named Darnold.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    You know what I think?  I believe we've known who we're taking #1 for a while, and we've been working on every other pick for the past few weeks/months.  Yeah, nothing is more important than the QB selection, but we have SO MANY other picks, high picks, that I can't imagine we're still spending time on who we're picking #1.  The biggest intrigue now is probably what we're doing at #4.  We're going to be getting a ton of phone calls, so we have to decide if we're willing to move down, how far we'd be willing to go, and exactly what we need to make the trade. 

    I'm sure different folks in our FO and on our staff have "known" who they want at #1 for months. Very similar to folks here in that regard. The difference is that they've had new data to consider from visits and workouts... data to which we are not privy. Our last real data was provided by the Combine. Most Pro Days flew by unnoticed.

    But sure... they are doing the same for pick #4, #33, etc... plus they've been feeling out deals and running scenarios. While knowing their own mind is job one, knowing the minds of 31 other teams, at least to the extent that we are not blindsided by a pick or deal, is just as important and more difficult.

    @texasag1969 said:

    The biggest intrigue to me now is who we go for at RB. Hyde is ok but he's not our long term answer. I don't want us to sit back and take the "remaining" RB. Get the 2nd best after Barkley if we don't take him. We will need to spend a little draft capital to do that IMO.

    Do we really need to find a long term answer at RB this draft? Is there a position that matters less and is less secure from a longevity standpoint than RB?

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm sure different folks in our FO and on our staff have "known" who they want at #1 for months. Very similar to folks here in that regard. The difference is that they've had new data to consider from visits and workouts... data to which we are not privy. Our last real data was provided by the Combine. Most Pro Days flew by unnoticed.

    But sure... they are doing the same for pick #4, #33, etc... plus they've been feeling out deals and running scenarios. While knowing their own mind is job one, knowing the minds of 31 other teams, at least to the extent that we are not blindsided by a pick or deal, is just as important and more difficult.

    Do we really need to find a long term answer at RB this draft? Is there a position that matters less and is less secure from a longevity standpoint than RB?

    That's a fair point about the RB position.  I think the interest for us stems in the obvious loss of Crowell, but equally because of the crop of RB's entering the draft lead by a unique, highly touted stud from Penn State.  Now, I'm nowhere near as high on Barkley as many, but the fact remains that there are several RB's entering the draft that will be available when we pick, and we also have an abundance of early picks.  If we didn't have the multiple 2nd rounders, then no, I don't think finding a RB would necessarily be at the top of the needs list.  But, we DO have multiple 2nd rounders...three to be exact.  To be honest, I think we'll move down to the 3rd round with one of those picks because we gave up our 3rd round for Tyrod, but still...finding a RB makes some sense to me.  That being said, I'm not going to be too upset if we DON'T draft one, either.

    The guy I like, Derius Guice, won't be available in the 2nd round from what I'm hearing.  He's the "downhill" type back with a nasty attitude that I've been desperately wanting on our team, but I'm guessing somebody else will somewhat reach for him and he'll be gone long before the draft gets back to us.  On paper, the guy from San Diego State appears interesting, but I don't know much about the guy.  

  • @poeticg said:

    Damn good odds on it being Barkley as well!

    Call Vegas now and put $1,000 down on your guy if you want to lose money fast...  

    @hoorta said:

    Call Vegas now and put $1,000 down on your guy if you want to lose money fast...  

    He's been offered nearly $1000 in bets here and he doesn't want any part of it.  Even friendly bets have been offered that he won't take.  Seems he's not as confident about his boy as he wants us all to believe.

  • @hoorta said:

    Call Vegas now and put $1,000 down on your guy if you want to lose money fast...  

    He's been offered nearly $1000 in bets here and he doesn't want any part of it.  Even friendly bets have been offered that he won't take.  Seems he's not as confident about his boy as he wants us all to believe.

    @mark-o said:

    He's been offered nearly $1000 in bets here and he doesn't want any part of it.  Even friendly bets have been offered that he won't take.  Seems he's not as confident about his boy as he wants us all to believe.

    Because in his heart he knows  Barky aint coming here.  So....he may be crazy in love...but he ain't stupid with his money.  I guess.

  • If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field 

    @browns149 said:

    If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field 

    Because the summing of the addition of two individuals with 1 in 32 odds to "the field" with 1 in 32 odds does not keep the field's odds at 1 in 32.

    The field's odds would rise to 3 in 32 or ~ +1000.

    @the-gipper said:

    ...he may be crazy in love...but he ain't stupid with his money.  I guess.

    Wanna bet?

  • @tour2ma said:

    I'm sure different folks in our FO and on our staff have "known" who they want at #1 for months. Very similar to folks here in that regard. The difference is that they've had new data to consider from visits and workouts... data to which we are not privy. Our last real data was provided by the Combine. Most Pro Days flew by unnoticed.

    But sure... they are doing the same for pick #4, #33, etc... plus they've been feeling out deals and running scenarios. While knowing their own mind is job one, knowing the minds of 31 other teams, at least to the extent that we are not blindsided by a pick or deal, is just as important and more difficult.

    Do we really need to find a long term answer at RB this draft? Is there a position that matters less and is less secure from a longevity standpoint than RB?

    That's a fair point about the RB position.  I think the interest for us stems in the obvious loss of Crowell, but equally because of the crop of RB's entering the draft lead by a unique, highly touted stud from Penn State.  Now, I'm nowhere near as high on Barkley as many, but the fact remains that there are several RB's entering the draft that will be available when we pick, and we also have an abundance of early picks.  If we didn't have the multiple 2nd rounders, then no, I don't think finding a RB would necessarily be at the top of the needs list.  But, we DO have multiple 2nd rounders...three to be exact.  To be honest, I think we'll move down to the 3rd round with one of those picks because we gave up our 3rd round for Tyrod, but still...finding a RB makes some sense to me.  That being said, I'm not going to be too upset if we DON'T draft one, either.

    The guy I like, Derius Guice, won't be available in the 2nd round from what I'm hearing.  He's the "downhill" type back with a nasty attitude that I've been desperately wanting on our team, but I'm guessing somebody else will somewhat reach for him and he'll be gone long before the draft gets back to us.  On paper, the guy from San Diego State appears interesting, but I don't know much about the guy.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    That's a fair point about the RB position.  I think the interest for us stems in the obvious loss of Crowell, but equally because of the crop of RB's entering the draft lead by a unique, highly touted stud from Penn State.  Now, I'm nowhere near as high on Barkley as many, but the fact remains that there are several RB's entering the draft that will be available when we pick, and we also have an abundance of early picks.  If we didn't have the multiple 2nd rounders, then no, I don't think finding a RB would necessarily be at the top of the needs list.  But, we DO have multiple 2nd rounders...three to be exact.

    Agree... and I have no issue with spending a 2nd round pick on one of the RB prospects.

    I simply would not package picks to move up in a class where the talent roll off is so gradual for a given position as I see it being in this RB class.

  • @browns149 said:

    If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field 

    Because the summing of the addition of two individuals with 1 in 32 odds to "the field" with 1 in 32 odds does not keep the field's odds at 1 in 32.

    The field's odds would rise to 3 in 32 or ~ +1000.

    @the-gipper said:

    ...he may be crazy in love...but he ain't stupid with his money.  I guess.

    Wanna bet?

    @tour2ma said:

    Wanna bet?

    No....because neither am I stupid with my money.  

    Besides, what would be the bet?  That we don't draft Barkley?   But...OK.....I will go for the bet with a hot fudge sundae on the line. I say no we don't...not with one or four.  You say we do with either one?  

    And you know....I still have not gotten my pitcher of Margaritas from Stan over my Trubisky bet last year.

  • If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field 

    @browns149 said:

    If Mayfield and Chubb are +3300 and the field is +3300. Why aren’t they in the field 

    They have specific odds, remember those numbers can change up to the event.

    Everyone else not mentioned are the field.