Skip to content

Building the Browns 2018: Episode 4

The Browns Board
39 18 1.9k 1
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    It's draft time which is our time. Just keep on adding the players and we'll get there. With so many coming back from injuries and a totally new QB room plus what should be the best draft in Browns history, this will be a really great year to be a Browns fan. And down the line we will see that last year was also a great draft. It just takes time to develop a team out of great players in the NFL. As our weaknesses get filled we will become a force to prepare for or suffer the consequences of taking us too lightly. It's happening guys. Enjoy the ride!😁

  • It's draft time which is our time. Just keep on adding the players and we'll get there. With so many coming back from injuries and a totally new QB room plus what should be the best draft in Browns history, this will be a really great year to be a Browns fan. And down the line we will see that last year was also a great draft. It just takes time to develop a team out of great players in the NFL. As our weaknesses get filled we will become a force to prepare for or suffer the consequences of taking us too lightly. It's happening guys. Enjoy the ride!😁

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's draft time which is our time. Just keep on adding the players and we'll get there. With so many coming back from injuries and a totally new QB room plus what should be the best draft in Browns history, this will be a really great year to be a Browns fan. And down the line we will see that last year was also a great draft. It just takes time to develop a team out of great players in the NFL. As our weaknesses get filled we will become a force to prepare for or suffer the consequences of taking us too lightly. It's happening guys. Enjoy the ride!😁

    Add to all of that a Hard Knocks appearance and we just might begin the climb out from rock bottom. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #4

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Makes me  wonder who Wolf is finding "that the other teams didn't know about" for the Browns.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Njoku seems like a very nice young man

  • Makes me  wonder who Wolf is finding "that the other teams didn't know about" for the Browns.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @texasag1969 said:

    Makes me  wonder who Wolf is finding "that the other teams didn't know about" for the Browns.

    Hulk-Takes-The-Football-Field-43363.jpg

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Enjoyed both episodes.

    It is fun to embrace this team at this point in time, coming off 0-16 with a new GM in charge ... Truly a new beginning and not a reboot.

    Got a feeling this is going to be fun year and one of my favorite Browns eras coming up...

    Zombo

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I think we are about ready to rock and roll.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I think we might be 4-12 this year. 😛

  • I think we might be 4-12 this year. 😛

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @nickers said:

    I think we might be 4-12 this year. 😛

    We'll see how the draft goes before I think about the win record, but the major upgrades at QB and WR, bringing in a real free safety and having Garrett healthy and ready for his second season has us looking a LOT better already.

    We won't be a joke.

    Zombo

  • @nickers said:

    I think we might be 4-12 this year. 😛

    We'll see how the draft goes before I think about the win record, but the major upgrades at QB and WR, bringing in a real free safety and having Garrett healthy and ready for his second season has us looking a LOT better already.

    We won't be a joke.

    Zombo

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #12

    Zombo said:

    We'll see how the draft goes before I think about the win record, but the major upgrades at QB and WR, bringing in a real free safety and having Garrett healthy and ready for his second season has us looking a LOT better already.

    We won't be a joke.

    Zombo

    We already are a joke with a joke of a HC at the helm.. Puhleeze man... Again,,, Garrett and Healthy are complete strangers.. Let me know when they hook up...

  • Zombo said:

    We'll see how the draft goes before I think about the win record, but the major upgrades at QB and WR, bringing in a real free safety and having Garrett healthy and ready for his second season has us looking a LOT better already.

    We won't be a joke.

    Zombo

    We already are a joke with a joke of a HC at the helm.. Puhleeze man... Again,,, Garrett and Healthy are complete strangers.. Let me know when they hook up...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nickers said:

    We already are a joke with a joke of a HC at the helm.. Puhleeze man...

    You're just small-minded man.

    This team is being positioned for success.

    Zombo

  • @nickers said:

    We already are a joke with a joke of a HC at the helm.. Puhleeze man...

    You're just small-minded man.

    This team is being positioned for success.

    Zombo

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Zombo said:

    You're just small-minded man.

    This team is being positioned for success.

    Zombo

    Yeah.. Just like every year.. It always looks good on paper.. "SHOW ME" I'll believe it only when I see it.. It's all hot air to me right now.

  • Zombo said:

    You're just small-minded man.

    This team is being positioned for success.

    Zombo

    Yeah.. Just like every year.. It always looks good on paper.. "SHOW ME" I'll believe it only when I see it.. It's all hot air to me right now.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @nickers said:

    Yeah.. Just like every year.. It always looks good on paper.. "SHOW ME" I'll believe it only when I see it.. It's all hot air to me right now.

    Fine, sit back and enjoy ...

    Zombo

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I'm pretty damn optimistic myself.... but then again, I'm a Browns fan and it's the offseason. 

  • Zombo said:

    You're just small-minded man.

    This team is being positioned for success.

    Zombo

    Yeah.. Just like every year.. It always looks good on paper.. "SHOW ME" I'll believe it only when I see it.. It's all hot air to me right now.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #17

    @nickers said:

    Yeah.. Just like every year.. It always looks good on paper.. "SHOW ME" I'll believe it only when I see it.. It's all hot air to me right now.

    Well that's the Ghoolie attitude, we've sucked for 20 years no difference now. I think there is a difference. Won't fully buy in until after the draft though. We've upgraded QB, brought in a pro bowl WR, and dumped malcontents  (Britt). Get most of the draft right things will be better for a change.

  • @nickers said:

    Yeah.. Just like every year.. It always looks good on paper.. "SHOW ME" I'll believe it only when I see it.. It's all hot air to me right now.

    Well that's the Ghoolie attitude, we've sucked for 20 years no difference now. I think there is a difference. Won't fully buy in until after the draft though. We've upgraded QB, brought in a pro bowl WR, and dumped malcontents  (Britt). Get most of the draft right things will be better for a change.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @hoorta said:

    Well that's the Ghoolie attitude, we've sucked for 20 years no difference now. I think there is a difference. Won't fully buy in until after the draft though. We've upgraded QB, brought in a pro bowl WR, and dumpt malcontents  (Britt). Get most of the draft right things will be better for a change.

    Again.. Seeing with thine own eyes is believing.. Tie Rod Tarkenton isnt the answer...

  • Enjoyed both episodes.

    It is fun to embrace this team at this point in time, coming off 0-16 with a new GM in charge ... Truly a new beginning and not a reboot.

    Got a feeling this is going to be fun year and one of my favorite Browns eras coming up...

    Zombo

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Zombo said:

    Enjoyed both episodes.

    It is fun to embrace this team at this point in time, coming off 0-16 with a new GM in charge ... Truly a new beginning and not a reboot.

    Got a feeling this is going to be fun year and one of my favorite Browns eras coming up...

    Zombo

    I get that feeling a lot as well and then.....WHACK, I remember that the Browns head coach is Hue Jackson

  • @hoorta said:

    Well that's the Ghoolie attitude, we've sucked for 20 years no difference now. I think there is a difference. Won't fully buy in until after the draft though. We've upgraded QB, brought in a pro bowl WR, and dumpt malcontents  (Britt). Get most of the draft right things will be better for a change.

    Again.. Seeing with thine own eyes is believing.. Tie Rod Tarkenton isnt the answer...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @nickers said:

    Again.. Seeing with thine own eyes is believing.. Tie Rod Tarkenton isnt the answer...

    Not saying he is- but sure is an improvement over Kizer...  

  • @nickers said:

    Again.. Seeing with thine own eyes is believing.. Tie Rod Tarkenton isnt the answer...

    Not saying he is- but sure is an improvement over Kizer...  

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @hoorta said:

    Not saying he is- but sure is an improvement over Kizer...  

    I've been saying this for a while now, and I truly believe Tyrod has a chance to be here for a few years. Yes, he's on a 1 year deal, but let's say lightning strikes and Tyrod plays like he normally does, and the Browns win something like...6 games. I realize that sounds like blasphemy after rolling out the freaking bagel last season, but hear me out. Browns win 6 games, lose a handful of others by the skin of our teeth, and are essentially in the wildcard hunt deep into November. Does anyone REALLY see us throwing in a QB with essentially zero NFL experience in 2019? Immediately after we possibly win some games and deliver some FUN to the fans?! Not only that, but we're still so young. We could start BUILDING something. Tyrod is 28 years old. Browns offense is starting to put together some legit pieces. 

    Something people need to remember is that Tyrod is a WORKER. He's apparently a terrific human being and is literally the first person in the building and the last one out. There was a recent clip of Tyrod walking into the facility and it was flat out DARK out, lol. There was nobody else around. 

    My biggest concern has nothing to do with the offense, which sounds crazy considering we were borderline anemic last year. I think we'll be good enough with the ball, but I'm worried about defense. Can Gregg Williams adjust his perpetual blitzing tendencies and get his young guys to play better quicker than last year. We need QB pressure without sending more than 4. Is Jamie Collins healthy? Can Randall be effective at FS? Will Peppers remove his head from his azz now that he's at SS? Can Garrett remain healthy all year? (Myles looked like King Kong in that Adidas shirt he was wearing this week...Jesus) Can Schobert continue to develop and improve against the pass? In fact, all of our linebackers need to improve there. Can we find a way to get more freaking turnovers? That's so big in the NFL, and now that we'll HOPEFULLY have an offense that doesn't turn it over as much, every turnover we force could be important. And what about the red zone? I think we got A LITTLE better as the season went on, but we were still awful, and we started out so miserably. 

    I've got plenty of concerns about the Browns, but Tyrod isn't one of them. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what he brings, and I'm thinking Browns fans are going to be THRILLED about having a first class individual at QB who doesn't turn it over and will keep us in games.