What I would consider a perfect draft
-
Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.
ENough of that schidt already.
-
Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.
ENough of that schidt already.
-
Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.
ENough of that schidt already.
Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.
ENough of that schidt already.
NO one knows who the stars will be
-
A perfect draft begins by locking Jimmy and Hue out of the draft room
FIFY.

BTW Tom I have not given up on Coleman yet. Broken hands take time to get back to normal in WR's. Start off the season with some great catches would cure a lot when it comes to regaining confidence. Adding a truly great slot will change all the dynamics in the WR room too.
-
A perfect draft begins by locking Jimmy and Hue out of the draft room
FIFY.

BTW Tom I have not given up on Coleman yet. Broken hands take time to get back to normal in WR's. Start off the season with some great catches would cure a lot when it comes to regaining confidence. Adding a truly great slot will change all the dynamics in the WR room too.
I have not given up on Coleman yet.
He lost us the Steelers game.
He's not just in my doghouse. He's BEHIND the doghouse.
-
I have not given up on Coleman yet.
He lost us the Steelers game.
He's not just in my doghouse. He's BEHIND the doghouse.
-
I still won't be surprised if Coleman is an ex-Brown by the time the season starts.
If he isn't some kind of trade bait or whatever the potential combo of Gordon (if still clean) - Landry - Coleman (if there's really a cure for the drop-sies) would be beneficial for the new BROWNS quarterback corp.
If Gordon isn't clean and the drop-sies aren't curable they may be back to Kizer-palooza with no reliable passing game.
Will the BROWNS get more WR help through the draft? Not likely with all their current 0-16 needs.
-
I still won't be surprised if Coleman is an ex-Brown by the time the season starts.
If he isn't some kind of trade bait or whatever the potential combo of Gordon (if still clean) - Landry - Coleman (if there's really a cure for the drop-sies) would be beneficial for the new BROWNS quarterback corp.
If Gordon isn't clean and the drop-sies aren't curable they may be back to Kizer-palooza with no reliable passing game.
Will the BROWNS get more WR help through the draft? Not likely with all their current 0-16 needs.
Will the BROWNS get more WR help through the draft? Not likely with all their current 0-16 needs.
...I don't think it's a very deep wr draft...and it doesn't appear that we'll be drafting when the better ones will be slotted to go. Perhaps one is there at the top of round 2 where we have a couple of picks. But it depends on what we did at #4. If we took a defensive player then we'd still be looking at a RB for round 2...and perhaps OT, or CB. Of course if we trade out of #4 and go way down to Buffalo, then a WR might be in play. But I'd rather not go down there. I want the best player that doesn't play QB or G.
-
It's a good WR class. It simply lacks elite talent at the top. There may only be two taken in the first round, but Day 2 will see a bunch go... perhaps a dozen... followed by 18 or so on Day 3. And a couple of those Day 3 guys could end up special, e.g., Dylan Catrell...
Meanwhile back at the Phoolie...
Truly amazes me how a guy who throws more shade around here than anyone starts a "Perfect Draft" thread without the balls to take stand on a single player.
What a fukin' tool...
-
Baker Mayfield at #1. Fitz at #4. We have quarterbacks on boht sides of the ball.
-
Best QB in the draft.
-
I may get roasted as this is my first reply on here... However, my perfect 1st round would involve Baker at 1 and then Barkley or Chubb at 4 and possibly trading back into the end of first round if someone appealing slides. Can you guys really see us going DB/S at 4 with all the free agent DB's we signed? Most importantly... If we trade down, I'm turning the draft off and going to a bar!!
-
Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.
ENough of that schidt already.
Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.
ENough of that schidt already.
Yeah, there's a large part of me that agrees with you. I've been saying for a while now that I'm fairly certain we're trading down from the #4 pick because having the 1 and 4 picks of the first round is simply too much draft capital to play with, and I really believe our GM won't be able to help himself. My experience with GM's is that they almost have to PROVE they can "get over" on another team, and they need to prove themselves. Where's the glory in holding still and not shaking and baking? Sure you get to pick someone at 4, but you don't get to prove that you're smarter than another GM, and that's what drives so many of these guys IMO.
-
Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.
ENough of that schidt already.
Yeah, there's a large part of me that agrees with you. I've been saying for a while now that I'm fairly certain we're trading down from the #4 pick because having the 1 and 4 picks of the first round is simply too much draft capital to play with, and I really believe our GM won't be able to help himself. My experience with GM's is that they almost have to PROVE they can "get over" on another team, and they need to prove themselves. Where's the glory in holding still and not shaking and baking? Sure you get to pick someone at 4, but you don't get to prove that you're smarter than another GM, and that's what drives so many of these guys IMO.
Sure you get to pick someone at 4, but you don't get to prove that you're smarter than another GM, and that's what drives so many of these guys IMO.
If he wants to prove he's smarter, then find the best player for the Browns right there @ #4 who turns out to be HOF quality.
-
I may get roasted as this is my first reply on here... However, my perfect 1st round would involve Baker at 1 and then Barkley or Chubb at 4 and possibly trading back into the end of first round if someone appealing slides. Can you guys really see us going DB/S at 4 with all the free agent DB's we signed? Most importantly... If we trade down, I'm turning the draft off and going to a bar!!
I may get roasted as this is my first reply on here... However, my perfect 1st round would involve Baker at 1 and then Barkley or Chubb at 4 and possibly trading back into the end of first round if someone appealing slides. Can you guys really see us going DB/S at 4 with all the free agent DB's we signed? Most importantly... If we trade down, I'm turning the draft off and going to a bar!!
Well...if we roast you, then what kind of seasoning would you prefer before we devour you? A little oregano, paprika, rosemary and thyme?
But, no, no reason to get the spit out for you just yet. While I am not sure that Mayfield would be the right choice....I am not sure that any of these QBs will turn out to be more than a sack of beans. And either Barkley or Chubb is pretty much the consensus of whom the Browns should take at #4.....add in Fitzpatrick.
-
Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.
ENough of that schidt already.
My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all.
I just found your post announcing how much you wanted Barkley at #1 overall! At just 2 weeks away from the draft above - every fan on the board was to understand this was Ghoolie Poker Face for he only has eyes for Barkley.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login