The run game and blocking
-
Landry is a good blocker, we signed TE Darren Fells and today FB Vitale and WR Matt Hazel, supposedly a powerful blocker, signed exclusive free agent deals.
To my untrained eye these moves and deals suggest they’re going to try and establish the run much harder this year.
Landry is a good blocker, we signed TE Darren Fells and today FB Vitale and WR Matt Hazel, supposedly a powerful blocker, signed exclusive free agent deals.
To my untrained eye these moves and deals suggest they’re going to try and establish the run much harder this year.
So it is Barkley?

-
Ahem.... Carlos Hyde
-
Landry is a good blocker, we signed TE Darren Fells and today FB Vitale and WR Matt Hazel, supposedly a powerful blocker, signed exclusive free agent deals.
To my untrained eye these moves and deals suggest they’re going to try and establish the run much harder this year.
So it is Barkley?

-
Not if Dorseys track record with drafting backs at Chiefs is anything to go by
2013 - Knile Davis (3rd round)
2014 - DeAnthony Thomas (4th round)
2017 - Kareem Hunt (3rd round)
I really hope this trend continues.
-
no third round pick, unless they trade back. I would expect #64 being the RB though this year
-
-
no third round pick, unless they trade back. I would expect #64 being the RB though this year
no third round pick, unless they trade back. I would expect #64 being the RB though this year
I'm thinking 33 or 35 and if we really want him, a jump up into the 1st for Michel. I predict the top 3-4 RB's are gone by the start of round 2. Just too many good ones that teams now know can really impact a team a la Fornette, Elliot, Peterson, etc.
-
no third round pick, unless they trade back. I would expect #64 being the RB though this year
I'm thinking 33 or 35 and if we really want him, a jump up into the 1st for Michel. I predict the top 3-4 RB's are gone by the start of round 2. Just too many good ones that teams now know can really impact a team a la Fornette, Elliot, Peterson, etc.
I'm thinking 33 or 35 and if we really want him, a jump up into the 1st for Michel. I predict the top 3-4 RB's are gone by the start of round 2. Just too many good ones that teams now know can really impact a team a la Fornette, Elliot, Peterson, etc.
If all those RBs do go in the lower first....that means that good players at positions of need for the Browns may be there at the top of round 2: OT, DB, WR, OLB, DT.
-
Possibly so Gip. But Denver made a decision today that leads me to believe they think they have figured out the first 4 to be taken. They just dropped CJ Anderson. Why would they do that unless they know Barkley is dropping to them? I figured that out myself and then checked the internet and found this article that came to the same possible conclusion.
https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-release-rb-c-j-anderson-saquon-barkley-replacement-154444136.html
-
Possibly so Gip. But Denver made a decision today that leads me to believe they think they have figured out the first 4 to be taken. They just dropped CJ Anderson. Why would they do that unless they know Barkley is dropping to them? I figured that out myself and then checked the internet and found this article that came to the same possible conclusion.
https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-release-rb-c-j-anderson-saquon-barkley-replacement-154444136.html
Possibly so Gip. But Denver made a decision today that leads me to believe they think they have figured out the first 4 to be taken. They just dropped CJ Anderson. Why would they do that unless they know Barkley is dropping to them? I figured that out myself and then checked the internet and found this article that came to the same possible conclusion.
https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-release-rb-c-j-anderson-saquon-barkley-replacement-154444136.html
I was under the impression that it was more of a money dump....that Anderson would have been due some kind of big bonus that Denver did not want to pay.
Denver would look pretty silly if that is why they did that....but then the Browns take him out from under them. Well...John Elway always looked pretty silly anyway.....though he didn't play silly.
-
-
Releasing CJ cleared $4.5mm in cap. Not a lot until you consider they were only less than $11mm under the cap.
But they did not need to clear that space today, just by June 1, so it'd make more sense to keep CJ if Barky really is their focus.
Releasing CJ cleared $4.5mm in cap. Not a lot until you consider they were only less than $11mm under the cap.
But they did not need to clear that space today, just by June 1, so it'd make more sense to keep CJ if Barky really is their focus.
Maybe they just didn't want him. That happens.
-
Or were these blocking moves to help a rookie QB they have seen struggle at times against the blitz...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login