#1 Overall Pick Trivia (Short)
-
4. Which team has made the most #1 overall picks in history?
5. Which 2 colleges are tied for having the most players selected #1 throughout history?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just for a start you always have to think about the great old football powerhouses like ND, USC maybe Ohio State.
Well....when you are done being wishy washy....tell us if those are the answers you want to go with.
Well....when you are done being wishy washy....tell us if those are the answers you want to go with.
Sorry Gip, I'm not going back to the days of Jay Berwanger.... I doubt anyone else will either. #1 overall SB MVP Aikman? There, I'm done.
-
Well....when you are done being wishy washy....tell us if those are the answers you want to go with.
Sorry Gip, I'm not going back to the days of Jay Berwanger.... I doubt anyone else will either. #1 overall SB MVP Aikman? There, I'm done.
Sorry Gip, I'm not going back to the days of Jay Berwanger.... I doubt anyone else will either. #1 overall SB MVP Aikman? There, I'm done.
Well...that is one. (on the question you answered you only have to go back to when the Super Bowl got its name). FYI....Berwanger IS one of the answers to one of the questions....now you just have to figure out which question. Hint: he was never SB MVP.
-
I’ll take a shot at 8. P Manning Cam Newton Troy Aikman Terry Bradshaw....
-
Same for number 6. Maybe Andrew Luck
-
3. Bradshaw
-
I’ll take a shot at 8. P Manning Cam Newton Troy Aikman Terry Bradshaw....
Newton and Bradshaw and Peyton are on the list......Aikman is not.
Also...I have to revise my question, there are 8, not 7 names.
-
Same for number 6. Maybe Andrew Luck
No....Luck did not win R.O.Y. Maybe RGIII did, but not Luck.
-
3. Bradshaw
No.....recall the question is: Schools that are not NOW FBS......La. Tech is FBS (but when Bradshaw played, I do not believe it was Div 1A)
-
Well....Notre Dame is one. Notice the question asks for two.
OK I'm back ND and USC.Final, well you know......
-
Well....Notre Dame is one. Notice the question asks for two.
OK I'm back ND and USC.Final, well you know......
-
Same for number 6. Maybe Andrew Luck
No....Luck did not win R.O.Y. Maybe RGIII did, but not Luck.
No....Luck did not win R.O.Y. Maybe RGIII did, but not Luck.
Yeah I think that’s right
-
3. Bradshaw
No.....recall the question is: Schools that are not NOW FBS......La. Tech is FBS (but when Bradshaw played, I do not believe it was Div 1A)
No.....recall the question is: Schools that are not NOW FBS......La. Tech is FBS (but when Bradshaw played, I do not believe it was Div 1A)
In that case... No Shmucking clue
-
Here are Trivia Questions about the #1 overall pick in the draft. A comparatively short set of questions, remember, these can go back to 1936:
1. Who are the first and last #1 picks in the draft.....alphabetically?
2. How many #1 overall picks have been Heisman Trophy winners (margin of error: 2)
3. Which 4 #1 overall picks came from schools that are not now FBS (Div 1A) schools?
4. Which team has made the most #1 overall picks in history?
5. Which 2 colleges are tied for having the most players selected #1 throughout history?
6. Which 4 #1 overall picks won Rookie of the Year Award?
7. Which 5 #1 overall picks won Super Bowl MVP?
8. Which #1 overall picks won the NFL MVP award? 8 names.
Here are Trivia Questions about the #1 overall pick in the draft. A comparatively short set of questions, remember, these can go back to 1936:
Is it just me...or is the group on here getting dumber...or just lazier?
Whichever, here are the answers to this....some of which were basic easy...others not so much:
1. Who are the first and last #1 picks in the draft.....alphabetically?
Troy Aikman is first......Ron Yary is last.
2. How many #1 overall picks have been Heisman Trophy winners (margin of error: 2)
Jay Berwanger, Tom Harmon, Frank Sinkwich, Angelo Bertelli, Billy Cannon, Ernie Davis, Terry Baker, Sam Bradford, Jamies Winston, Leon Hart, Billy Sims, Bo Jackson, Vinny Testaverde, Carson Palmer, Cam Newton, Jim Plunkett, George Rogers, OJ Simpson, Earl Campell, Paul Hornung.
I count 20.. Per Rumors, could Browns make Baker Mayfield #21?
3. Which 4 #1 overall picks came from schools that are not now FBS (Div 1A) schools?
Jay Berwanger: University of Chicago...now Division III
Chuck Bednarik: Penn.....FCS divison
Too Tall Jones: Tennessee St. FCS division
John Matuszak: Tampa University......no longer has any football program.
4. Which team has made the most #1 overall picks in history?
The Colts....be they in Balt. or Indy....have had 7 #1 picks in history.
The Rams have had it 6 times. The Buccaneers 5 times. The Browns tie that mark of 5 this year.
5. Which 2 colleges are tied for having the most players selected #1 throughout history?
USC and Notre Dame. 5 each. If the Browns take Darnold....that will put USC alone at the top.
6. Which 4 #1 overall picks won Rookie of the Year Award?
Billy Sims, Cam Newton, Earl Campbell, George Rogers.
7. Which 5 #1 overall picks won Super Bowl MVP?
Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw
8. Which #1 overall picks won the NFL MVP award? 8 names.
Bill Dudley; OJ Simpson; Paul Hornung; Earl Campbell; Terry Bradshaw; John Elway, Peyton Mannng; Cam Newton Note: All of these are in the HOF except Peyton...yet...but he will be, and Newton. So....being #1 overall....and winning MVP.....looks like that makes the HOF a shoe in for Newton. Fair to say?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login