Skip to content

Fun things to do while waiting for the April 26th 2018 NFL Draft!

The Browns Board
66 16 1.3k 1
  • @mjp28 said:

    Sounds good,  I spent most of my working career in the steel industry starting in basic steel with US STEEL and ended up with NUCOR in their steel joist, girder and deck division before retiring. It was quite interesting and I liked NUCOR, great company.

    I did get my MBA finished while at NUCOR.

    I invested in it a few years back. It's done very well for me. I just reinvest the dividends.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @texasag1969 said:

    I invested in it a few years back. It's done very well for me. I just reinvest the dividends.

    NUCOR (NUE) has historically been a great stock,  never reduced a dividend, in my day never laid anyone off and used to split all the time. It has really grown especially after I retired. 

  • Well if any of you chose watch the INDIANS in Puerto Rico up 5-0 top 7 with Kluber.  Lindor scored first runs 2R HR and the place went wild.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mjp28 said:

    Well if any of you chose watch the INDIANS in Puerto Rico up 5-0 top 7 with Kluber.  Lindor scored first runs 2R HR and the place went wild.

    And tonight 0-0 top 13th,  wow and I've watched it all.  😕

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well if any of you chose watch the INDIANS in Puerto Rico up 5-0 top 7 with Kluber.  Lindor scored first runs 2R HR and the place went wild.

    And tonight 0-0 top 13th,  wow and I've watched it all.  😕

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @mjp28 said:

    And tonight 0-0 top 13th,  wow and I've watched it all.  😕

    And now 1-1 bottom of the 14th.😆

  • Well we BROWNS fans have been kicking around this draft stuff since the last CLE vs pit game, four long months we need something else to do until it's April 26....this is worse than waiting for Christmas when you're 6 years old, I know make a to do list!

      x    do taxes, done.

      x    make a quarterback list, done to death

            do another mock draft? 😮

            watch the INDIANS  play in Puerto Rico starting Tuesday, *4/17/18 and Wednesday  4/18/18, now that will be neat!  😁

            get ready for the Kentucky Derby 5/5/18, hey that's Cinco de Mayo too, woo-hoo 

            I know get ready for summer, now there's  something to look forward too in NE OHIO!

    Any other ideas? Please?

    *edit, the INDIANS are off Monday and play Tuesday (FS1) Wednesday (STO/ESPN) in Puerto Rico. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @mjp28 said:

    Well we BROWNS fans have been kicking around this draft stuff since the last CLE vs pit game, four long months we need something else to do until it's April 26....this is worse than waiting for Christmas when you're 6 years old, I know make a to do list!

      x    do taxes, done.

      x    make a quarterback list, done to death

            do another mock draft? 😮

            watch the INDIANS  play in Puerto Rico starting Tuesday, *4/17/18 and Wednesday  4/18/18, now that will be neat!  😁

            get ready for the Kentucky Derby 5/5/18, hey that's Cinco de Mayo too, woo-hoo 

            I know get ready for summer, now there's  something to look forward too in NE OHIO!

    Any other ideas? Please?

    *edit, the INDIANS are off Monday and play Tuesday (FS1) Wednesday (STO/ESPN) in Puerto Rico. 

    You don't have to put jack off on the list. Guys here got that one down to a science.

  • @mjp28 said:

    And tonight 0-0 top 13th,  wow and I've watched it all.  😕

    And now 1-1 bottom of the 14th.😆

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #49

    @texasag1969 said:

    And now 1-1 bottom of the 14th.😆

    Yeah getting all the milage  they can out of this trip. Top 15.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And now 1-1 bottom of the 14th.😆

    Yeah getting all the milage  they can out of this trip. Top 15.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @mjp28 said:

    Yeah getting all the milage  they can out of this trip. Top 15.

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Back to the topic.....

    At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

    Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

    Mike 

  • Back to the topic.....

    At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

    Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

    Mike 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #52

    @canton-mike said:

    Back to the topic.....

    At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

    Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

    Mike 

    Mike which list do you use? I often print drafttek list of the first 300. Each page has 100 players on it.

    https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2018.asp

  • @mjp28 said:

    Sounds good,  I spent most of my working career in the steel industry starting in basic steel with US STEEL and ended up with NUCOR in their steel joist, girder and deck division before retiring. It was quite interesting and I liked NUCOR, great company.

    I did get my MBA finished while at NUCOR.

    I invested in it a few years back. It's done very well for me. I just reinvest the dividends.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @texasag1969 said:

    I invested in it a few years back. It's done very well for me. I just reinvest the dividends.

    I sense the presence of Jim Cramer.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I invested in it a few years back. It's done very well for me. I just reinvest the dividends.

    I sense the presence of Jim Cramer.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @tour2ma said:

    I sense the presence of Jim Cramer.

    Since he is on TV he will become what?  Our new Treasury Secretary?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I invested in it a few years back. It's done very well for me. I just reinvest the dividends.

    I sense the presence of Jim Cramer.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @tour2ma said:

    I sense the presence of Jim Cramer.

    jim_cramer-1.jpg

  • @canton-mike said:

    Back to the topic.....

    At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

    Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

    Mike 

    Mike which list do you use? I often print drafttek list of the first 300. Each page has 100 players on it.

    https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2018.asp

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @texasag1969 said:

    Mike which list do you use? I often print drafttek list of the first 300. Each page has 100 players on it.

    https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2018.asp

    Second Draft I'm going to watch. Maybe I'll print that! Though I think I'll only watch Rounds 1-2 and probably all of them sound familiar to me .

  • @tour2ma said:

    What? CBS isn't carrying it, too? lol...

    The crowd sound.... kind of a collective "WHOOO"... when it was clear the ball had cleared the fence was unlike any crowd noise I'd heard before. It was really cool.

    While I admire your self control nonetheless that must be the world's smallest wine glass...

    We'll see. Opening it tonight. Good thing the old winefridge has backups available. Plus I had yesterday confused with today so there's one less day for it to last. Fortunately no one else here likes dry red wines and I have a good air sucker with corks to keep it decent for a week.😁

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @texasag1969 said:

    We'll see. Opening it tonight. Good thing the old winefridge has backups available. Plus I had yesterday confused with today so there's one less day for it to last. Fortunately no one else here likes dry red wines and I have a good air sucker with corks to keep it decent for a week.😁

    Well, as the original board wino, I had a vacu-vin once upon a time, didn't like it. Here's why. When you create a vacuum on top of wine, it sucks all those nice volatile aromas out of the wine into the vacuum too. LOL, most bottles don't last long enough around here for me to do multiple tastings out of them. If I was going to try and preserve a great wine, I'd get a can of compressed nitrogen (same principle as those really pricey Cruvinets). The really old (20+ y.o.) wines I have start changing the minute you open them. I do have a bottle of Kenwood Sonoma chardonnay that's been sitting in the 'fridge for a week or two. I don't worry about the everyday swill $10 Cline Old Vine zinfandel I keep lying around when the wife wants something to drink while she's watching House Hunters International. 🙂 

    Draft Day I'll probably stick with some 2013 Napa Cellars "V" (their top of the line) Cabernet I got at a massive post off sale. Nothing like getting an $80 wine for $25 bucks- and it tastes like a $80 cab. If I hear any QBs name that isn't Allen or (unlikely) Jackson at #1, it will be time to break out the Diplomatico or Lagavullin.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    I sense the presence of Jim Cramer.

    Since he is on TV he will become what?  Our new Treasury Secretary?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @the-gipper said:

    Since he is on TV he will become what?  Our new Treasury Secretary?

    I know you're joking but that is one scary thought...

  • @canton-mike said:

    Back to the topic.....

    At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

    Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

    Mike 

    Mike which list do you use? I often print drafttek list of the first 300. Each page has 100 players on it.

    https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2018.asp

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @texasag1969 said:

    Mike which list do you use? I often print drafttek list of the first 300. Each page has 100 players on it.

    https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2018.asp

    Bill,

    I was just going to Google one, but now I'll probably just use this one you posted. THANKS!

    Mike

  • @texasag1969 said:

    We'll see. Opening it tonight. Good thing the old winefridge has backups available. Plus I had yesterday confused with today so there's one less day for it to last. Fortunately no one else here likes dry red wines and I have a good air sucker with corks to keep it decent for a week.😁

    Well, as the original board wino, I had a vacu-vin once upon a time, didn't like it. Here's why. When you create a vacuum on top of wine, it sucks all those nice volatile aromas out of the wine into the vacuum too. LOL, most bottles don't last long enough around here for me to do multiple tastings out of them. If I was going to try and preserve a great wine, I'd get a can of compressed nitrogen (same principle as those really pricey Cruvinets). The really old (20+ y.o.) wines I have start changing the minute you open them. I do have a bottle of Kenwood Sonoma chardonnay that's been sitting in the 'fridge for a week or two. I don't worry about the everyday swill $10 Cline Old Vine zinfandel I keep lying around when the wife wants something to drink while she's watching House Hunters International. 🙂 

    Draft Day I'll probably stick with some 2013 Napa Cellars "V" (their top of the line) Cabernet I got at a massive post off sale. Nothing like getting an $80 wine for $25 bucks- and it tastes like a $80 cab. If I hear any QBs name that isn't Allen or (unlikely) Jackson at #1, it will be time to break out the Diplomatico or Lagavullin.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @hoorta said:

    Well, as the original board wino, I had a vacu-vin once upon a time, didn't like it. Here's why. When you create a vacuum on top of wine, it sucks all those nice volatile aromas out of the wine into the vacuum too. LOL, most bottles don't last long enough around here for me to do multiple tastings out of them. If I was going to try and preserve a great wine, I'd get a can of compressed nitrogen (same principle as those really pricey Cruvinets). The really old (20+ y.o.) wines I have start changing the minute you open them. I do have a bottle of Kenwood Sonoma chardonnay that's been sitting in the 'fridge for a week or two. I don't worry about the everyday swill $10 Cline Old Vine zinfandel I keep lying around when the wife wants something to drink while she's watching House Hunters International. 🙂 

    Draft Day I'll probably stick with some 2013 Napa Cellars "V" (their top of the line) Cabernet I got at a massive post off sale. Nothing like getting an $80 wine for $25 bucks- and it tastes like a $80 cab. If I hear any QBs name that isn't Allen or (unlikely) Jackson at #1, it will be time to break out the Diplomatico or Lagavullin.  

    Had to share that bottle of Napa Cab with my son in law tonight so I'm down to about 2 glasses left. Thinking about one of my Bordeauxs next. And if I hear Allen it will be a triple shot of Diplomatico.😵

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, as the original board wino, I had a vacu-vin once upon a time, didn't like it. Here's why. When you create a vacuum on top of wine, it sucks all those nice volatile aromas out of the wine into the vacuum too. LOL, most bottles don't last long enough around here for me to do multiple tastings out of them. If I was going to try and preserve a great wine, I'd get a can of compressed nitrogen (same principle as those really pricey Cruvinets). The really old (20+ y.o.) wines I have start changing the minute you open them. I do have a bottle of Kenwood Sonoma chardonnay that's been sitting in the 'fridge for a week or two. I don't worry about the everyday swill $10 Cline Old Vine zinfandel I keep lying around when the wife wants something to drink while she's watching House Hunters International. 🙂 

    Draft Day I'll probably stick with some 2013 Napa Cellars "V" (their top of the line) Cabernet I got at a massive post off sale. Nothing like getting an $80 wine for $25 bucks- and it tastes like a $80 cab. If I hear any QBs name that isn't Allen or (unlikely) Jackson at #1, it will be time to break out the Diplomatico or Lagavullin.  

    Had to share that bottle of Napa Cab with my son in law tonight so I'm down to about 2 glasses left. Thinking about one of my Bordeauxs next. And if I hear Allen it will be a triple shot of Diplomatico.😵

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @texasag1969 said:

    Had to share that bottle of Napa Cab with my son in law tonight so I'm down to about 2 glasses left. Thinking about one of my Bordeauxs next. And if I hear Allen it will be a triple shot of Diplomatico.😵

    A fifth of JamisonA fifth of Jamison

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Money meet mouth? Not gonna happen!😛

    Try Ghoolie!

    The human equivalent of herpes isn't betting anyone based off one of his troll takes. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @dutch-oven said:

    The human equivalent of herpes isn't betting anyone based off one of his troll takes. 

    Go back to sucking your Mom's wiener. Only an idiot would bet on what another man is going to choose. Thanks for the compliment though. I am equivalent to herpes. I stay with you forever and there isn't a goddamned thing you can do to stop it.

  • Back to the topic.....

    At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

    Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

    Mike 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @canton-mike said:

    Back to the topic.....

    At this point, buy large amounts of food & drink, stock up on Browns' paper plates/bowls & napkins, clean Mancave & print up prospect lists for all guests.

    Only ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!

    Mike 

    Geeezzz this seems like Opening Day in football or even baseball,  I don't really remember this kind of hoopla just for a draft.

    We might get out our CHICAGO ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICH recipe, four pounds of top round seared then cooked for hours in the oven, featuring Italian seasonings and roasted red peppers  sliced very thin  served up on sourdough  bagettes. Haven't had it in years and plenty for the neighbors and day two.

    See GAMEDAY food if you're interested in the recipe. Ummmmm.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The human equivalent of herpes isn't betting anyone based off one of his troll takes. 

    Go back to sucking your Mom's wiener. Only an idiot would bet on what another man is going to choose. Thanks for the compliment though. I am equivalent to herpes. I stay with you forever and there isn't a goddamned thing you can do to stop it.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @ghoolie said:

    Go back to sucking your Mom's wiener. Only an idiot would bet on what another man is going to choose. Thanks for the compliment though. I am equivalent to herpes. I stay with you forever and there isn't a goddamned thing you can do to stop it.

    I think its safe to say that when your mother passed, she felt relief that she would no longer have to deal with you.