Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. New voting age

New voting age

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
48 Posts 10 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/17/washington-d-c-may-allow-16-year-olds-vote-president-2020-election/523301002/

    May as well include house pets. And mentally Retarded people. And plants.

    ?

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    StinkHoleS 1 Reply Last reply
    😢
    Quote Reply
    • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 15k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
      #2

      If you can't smoke or drink or own a firearm you have no business voting against other people's interests which is the only thing allowing 16 year olds to vote is designed to accomplish. 

      Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
        • 64k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
        #3

        like illegal immigrants- 16 yr olds - many of them - don't have the life experiences to know any better than to let themselves

        be emotionally manipulated by blatant falsehoods. Except most of the kids speak English.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • StinkHole StinkHoleS One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 3k Posts
          • 365 Reputation
          StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by StinkHole
          #4

          Stuart

          Guess how many will vote democrat?

          That's what its all about.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            exactly.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • W Westside Steve

              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/17/washington-d-c-may-allow-16-year-olds-vote-president-2020-election/523301002/

              May as well include house pets. And mentally Retarded people. And plants.

              ?

              WSS

              StinkHole StinkHoleS One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 3k Posts
              • 365 Reputation
              StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @westside-steve said:

              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/17/washington-d-c-may-allow-16-year-olds-vote-president-2020-election/523301002/

              May as well include house pets. And mentally Retarded people. And plants.

              ?

              WSS

              Stuart

              And dead people....oh wait, I think they already vote.

              W 1 Reply Last reply
              😂
              Quote Reply
              • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 23k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                It should be limited to 17 year old persons.......................................as long as their parents signed for them to join any military branch of their choice. If you are in the military you have earned the right to vote.

                1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • StinkHoleS StinkHole

                  @westside-steve said:

                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/17/washington-d-c-may-allow-16-year-olds-vote-president-2020-election/523301002/

                  May as well include house pets. And mentally Retarded people. And plants.

                  ?

                  WSS

                  Stuart

                  And dead people....oh wait, I think they already vote.

                  Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                  • 39k Posts
                  • 9k Reputation
                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @stinkhole said:

                  Stuart

                  And dead people....oh wait, I think they already vote.

                  And isn't it ironic that one brain activity stops they all seem to vote Democrat?

                  WSS

                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                    • 33k Posts
                    • 3k Reputation
                    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    16 is too young to vote

                    Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

                    Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

                    Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                    StinkHoleS W LogicIsForSquaresL T 4 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                      16 is too young to vote

                      Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

                      Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

                      StinkHole StinkHoleS One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 365 Reputation
                      StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @mld-woody said:

                      16 is too young to vote

                      Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

                      Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

                      Stuart

                      A competency test should be given to all democrats regardless of age.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      😂
                      Quote Reply
                      • StinkHole StinkHoleS One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 3k Posts
                        • 365 Reputation
                        StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Stuart

                        This test would do just fine as a competency test.

                        Got 23 of 24....missed the amendments question.

                          https://www.washingtontimes.com/quiz/2015/feb/11/us-citizenship-test-could-you-pass/result/445492/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                          16 is too young to vote

                          Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

                          Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

                          Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                          • 39k Posts
                          • 9k Reputation
                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @mld-woody said:

                          16 is too young to vote

                          Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

                          Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

                          I actually agree with they wood-man here. 

                          Of course we shouldn't pretend we are unaware of what would happen if a republican Administration would try to impose any of kind of literacy or competency restrictions.

                          WSS

                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                          T 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                            • 28k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
                            #13

                            I'm voting for Herbert Hoover in the next election.  Get off my grass!

                            "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • W Westside Steve

                              @mld-woody said:

                              16 is too young to vote

                              Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

                              Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

                              I actually agree with they wood-man here. 

                              Of course we shouldn't pretend we are unaware of what would happen if a republican Administration would try to impose any of kind of literacy or competency restrictions.

                              WSS

                              TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 23k Posts
                              • 6k Reputation
                              T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @westside-steve said:

                              I actually agree with they wood-man here. 

                              Of course we shouldn't pretend we are unaware of what would happen if a republican Administration would try to impose any of kind of literacy or competency restrictions.

                              WSS

                              Anyone over 70 should not be able to vote or hold office. I will be happy to sacrifice mine if it gets trumpy out!😆

                              W 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • T TexasAg1969

                                @westside-steve said:

                                I actually agree with they wood-man here. 

                                Of course we shouldn't pretend we are unaware of what would happen if a republican Administration would try to impose any of kind of literacy or competency restrictions.

                                WSS

                                Anyone over 70 should not be able to vote or hold office. I will be happy to sacrifice mine if it gets trumpy out!😆

                                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                • 39k Posts
                                • 9k Reputation
                                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                #15

                                @texasag1969 said:

                                Anyone over 70 should not be able to vote or hold office. I will be happy to sacrifice mine if it gets trumpy out!😆

                                Same as driving I guess. After a certain age the requirements get harder to attain.

                                I would also consider an employment requirement. Consider.

                                Of course that would probably put him back in.

                                WSS

                                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                T 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                  • 28k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I'm not voting in anymore elections.  I removed myself from the voters registration.  Sick of getting jury duty.

                                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                  T 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • W Westside Steve

                                    @texasag1969 said:

                                    Anyone over 70 should not be able to vote or hold office. I will be happy to sacrifice mine if it gets trumpy out!😆

                                    Same as driving I guess. After a certain age the requirements get harder to attain.

                                    I would also consider an employment requirement. Consider.

                                    Of course that would probably put him back in.

                                    WSS

                                    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 23k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @westside-steve said:

                                    Same as driving I guess. After a certain age the requirements get harder to attain.

                                    I would also consider an employment requirement. Consider.

                                    Of course that would probably put him back in.

                                    WSS

                                    Got a funny story on that. My paternal grandmother lived to 98. She and her sister were driving from the country where they lived on the way to church one morning and my grandmother just could not get around some pokey old lady with my grandmother's F-85 V-8 Olds. When she finally did she made the comment that they should not let little old ladies like that drive. Her sister asked how old she thought the woman was and she answered, "At least 70 or so!" Her sister then reminded her that they themselves were then in their mid 80's. My grandmother got a kick out of that even when driving to town in her 90's. You are only as old as you feel she always told me.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    😂
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                      I'm not voting in anymore elections.  I removed myself from the voters registration.  Sick of getting jury duty.

                                      TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 23k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                      I'm not voting in anymore elections.  I removed myself from the voters registration.  Sick of getting jury duty.

                                      You don't know what you're missing. I got to put some guy away who raped a woman he had abducted to a junk yard out in the country from Austin who managed to get away before he could shoot her. Gave him minimum of 40 to maximum of life. And if he gets out he gets deported to Mexico. The woman he raped and planned to kill was Mexican-American. I helped the jury understand he had told about 13 different lies on the stand. A preacher on the jury wanted to give him life without parole, but we could not hand that one down since she lived without actually being shot. We found him guilty of aggravated sexual assault (rape while threatening her life with a pistol). It was a pleasure. We made sure she was likely to be dead by the time he was eligible for parole since she was in her mid-40s. Ironically some of her friends told us afterwards they were not sure we the jury would give her justice since she was Mexican 2nd gen and he was over the border illegally. They were pleasantly surprised we could do what we did to ensure her future safety from that butt-hole.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                        16 is too young to vote

                                        Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

                                        Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

                                        LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 10k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @mld-woody said:

                                        16 is too young to vote

                                        Of course...  I think you can get too old at some point too... 

                                        Both of which could be solved with the implementation of a competency test that I've brought up before

                                        Neither side would want that. Dems would cry that black people didn't get a good enough education to read the test, can't drive to the test, don't own a pencil, any other list of insulting sh-it they could say about minorities while trying to be condescending. Republicans would list out a line of complaints but it would be pertaining to "older citizens". 

                                        None of them want to have informed voters making decisions.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        👍
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                          • 33k Posts
                                          • 3k Reputation
                                          MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          I never said either side would want it. I just said it's a good idea. 

                                          Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                          W LogicIsForSquaresL 2 Replies Last reply
                                          👍
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate