Skip to content

Pick Six

The Browns Board
59 20 1.5k
  • OK, Guys, here is where we stand at this point on the Pick 6 contest:

    After 5 selections, we have a 3 way tie:

    Canton Mike,   Tour,   and Louisville Slugger  each got two picks correct.

    Myself, LondonBrown, Nero, TheNew23, Zombo, TexasAg, and mjp.....we all struck out.  Not one right.

    Darren, Gumby, and SissyBoyfloyd  each got one right.

    At this point it seems that  it now comes down perhaps to which one:  Canton Mike, Tour or LS......get the pick of Mason Rudolph correct.

    Canton Mike had him going to the Cards....so that is looking bad for him since they took Rosen in round 1

    Tour said the Pats,  and LS  said the Saints.    I think both of these are clearly, clearly in play and possible. So....one of them could be the winner likely.

    The other possibility is if these 3 guys all miss....and either Darren, Gumby or SBF  hits it on Rudolph.

    Gumby took him going to the Bills....so that looks bad.   Both Darren and SBF have him going to the Steelers.  A long shot at this point. 

  • Well we did quite well with that. 😕

    Actually as one idiot on this board repeatedly said this was a subpar quarterback class......and then beat several dead houses to dust (oh that was me).  😆

  • OK, Guys, here is where we stand at this point on the Pick 6 contest:

    After 5 selections, we have a 3 way tie:

    Canton Mike,   Tour,   and Louisville Slugger  each got two picks correct.

    Myself, LondonBrown, Nero, TheNew23, Zombo, TexasAg, and mjp.....we all struck out.  Not one right.

    Darren, Gumby, and SissyBoyfloyd  each got one right.

    At this point it seems that  it now comes down perhaps to which one:  Canton Mike, Tour or LS......get the pick of Mason Rudolph correct.

    Canton Mike had him going to the Cards....so that is looking bad for him since they took Rosen in round 1

    Tour said the Pats,  and LS  said the Saints.    I think both of these are clearly, clearly in play and possible. So....one of them could be the winner likely.

    The other possibility is if these 3 guys all miss....and either Darren, Gumby or SBF  hits it on Rudolph.

    Gumby took him going to the Bills....so that looks bad.   Both Darren and SBF have him going to the Steelers.  A long shot at this point. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Gumby took him going to the Bills....so that looks bad.   

    You,Me & Mason know Rudolph is the better starter than Allen in Buffalo 🥷..thanks & good stuff Gip.

  • FROM ODDS SHARK.....

    NO. 1 OVERALL:  

    Sam Darnold (USC) -250 
    Josh Allen (Wyoming) +120 
    Saquon Barkley (Penn State) +380 
    Josh Rosen (UCLA) +1100 
    Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma) +1300 <----- WOW what a big payoff for a little wager thanks to those wacky BROWNS 
    Bradley Chubb (NC State) +2000 

    NO. 2 OVERALL: 

    Saquon Barkley +175 <----- no surprise there but I thought Chubb or a quarterback  had a shot
    Bradley Chubb +300 
    Sam Darnold +275 
    Josh Allen +350 
    Josh Rosen +400 
    Baker Mayfield +1500 
    Lamar Jackson +4000 

    NO. 3 OVERALL PICK: 

    Josh Rosen +140 
    Baker Mayfield +150 <----- I thought BM might go here or better yet fall to #4 for the impatient BROWNS, oh well....
    Sam Darnold +400 
    Josh Allen +500 
    Saquon Barkley +650 
    Bradley Chubb +1100 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Gumby took him going to the Bills....so that looks bad.   

    You,Me & Mason know Rudolph is the better starter than Allen in Buffalo 🥷..thanks & good stuff Gip.

    @gumby73 said:

    You,Me & Mason know Rudolph is the better starter than Allen in Buffalo 🥷..thanks & good stuff Gip.

    That may be....but they won't take him.  So it really is not over.    Tour and Louisville Slugger. 

    Now, what happens if there is a tie?  I have to figure that out. 

    Any suggestions for a tie breaker....or do I owe all three lunch at Al's? ...or somewhere else?

  • OK, Guys, here is where we stand at this point on the Pick 6 contest:

    After 5 selections, we have a 3 way tie:

    Canton Mike,   Tour,   and Louisville Slugger  each got two picks correct.

    Myself, LondonBrown, Nero, TheNew23, Zombo, TexasAg, and mjp.....we all struck out.  Not one right.

    Darren, Gumby, and SissyBoyfloyd  each got one right.

    At this point it seems that  it now comes down perhaps to which one:  Canton Mike, Tour or LS......get the pick of Mason Rudolph correct.

    Canton Mike had him going to the Cards....so that is looking bad for him since they took Rosen in round 1

    Tour said the Pats,  and LS  said the Saints.    I think both of these are clearly, clearly in play and possible. So....one of them could be the winner likely.

    The other possibility is if these 3 guys all miss....and either Darren, Gumby or SBF  hits it on Rudolph.

    Gumby took him going to the Bills....so that looks bad.   Both Darren and SBF have him going to the Steelers.  A long shot at this point. 

    @the-gipper said:

    After 5 selections, we have a 3 way tie:

    Canton Mike,   Tour,   and Louisville Slugger  each got two picks correct.

    @tour2ma said:

    • Mayfield to us at #1
    • Darnold to NYG at #2
    • Allen to Jets at #3 ----> Darnold
    • Rosen to Bills at #4 via trade up ----> Allen
    • Jackson to AZ Cards at #15... or lower via trade down. ---> Rosen
    • Jackson to Ravens
    • Rudolph to Pats at #43.

    Appreciate the gift, Gip, but I only picked one...

  • @gumby73 said:

    You,Me & Mason know Rudolph is the better starter than Allen in Buffalo 🥷..thanks & good stuff Gip.

    That may be....but they won't take him.  So it really is not over.    Tour and Louisville Slugger. 

    Now, what happens if there is a tie?  I have to figure that out. 

    Any suggestions for a tie breaker....or do I owe all three lunch at Al's? ...or somewhere else?

    @the-gipper said:

    Now, what happens if there is a tie?  I have to figure that out. 

    Any suggestions for a tie breaker....or do I owe all three lunch at Al's? ...or somewhere else?

      this king is going to change 2 mower blades & 2 belts on the troy-bilt..your throne decision awaits..

  • @the-gipper said:

    After 5 selections, we have a 3 way tie:

    Canton Mike,   Tour,   and Louisville Slugger  each got two picks correct.

    @tour2ma said:

    • Mayfield to us at #1
    • Darnold to NYG at #2
    • Allen to Jets at #3 ----> Darnold
    • Rosen to Bills at #4 via trade up ----> Allen
    • Jackson to AZ Cards at #15... or lower via trade down. ---> Rosen
    • Jackson to Ravens
    • Rudolph to Pats at #43.

    Appreciate the gift, Gip, but I only picked one...

    @tour2ma said:

    Appreciate the gift, Gip, but I only picked one...

    • Mayfield to us at #1
    • Darnold to NYG at #2
    • Allen to Jets at #3
    • Rosen to Bills at #4 via trade up
    • Jackson to AZ Cards at #15... or lower via trade down.
    • Rudolph to Pats at #43.

    Oh....OK...I must have misread.  Maybe I though NYG was NYJ.

    So...its down to Canton Mike and Louisville Slugger.    With Slugger having the best chance for an outright win.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Now, what happens if there is a tie?  I have to figure that out. 

    Any suggestions for a tie breaker....or do I owe all three lunch at Al's? ...or somewhere else?

      this king is going to change 2 mower blades & 2 belts on the troy-bilt..your throne decision awaits..

    @gumby73 said:

      this king is going to change 2 mower blades & 2 belts on the troy-bilt..your throne decision awaits..

    What does this have to do with anything here?

    No Coronation yet however.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Appreciate the gift, Gip, but I only picked one...

    • Mayfield to us at #1
    • Darnold to NYG at #2
    • Allen to Jets at #3
    • Rosen to Bills at #4 via trade up
    • Jackson to AZ Cards at #15... or lower via trade down.
    • Rudolph to Pats at #43.

    Oh....OK...I must have misread.  Maybe I though NYG was NYJ.

    So...its down to Canton Mike and Louisville Slugger.    With Slugger having the best chance for an outright win.

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh....OK...I must have misread.  Maybe I though NYG was NYJ.

    So...its down to Canton Mike and Louisville Slugger.    With Slugger having the best chance for an outright win.

    Pretty sure I can climb into a tie, tho...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Oh....OK...I must have misread.  Maybe I though NYG was NYJ.

    So...its down to Canton Mike and Louisville Slugger.    With Slugger having the best chance for an outright win.

    Pretty sure I can climb into a tie, tho...

    @tour2ma said:

    Pretty sure I can climb into a tie, tho...

    Yes...that is true as well.   We shall see.  

  •  Forgot to handle this yesterday.

    What we have in the Pick 6 contest is a 4 way tie:

    Canton Mike

    Louisville Slugger

    Darren

    Sissy Boy Floyd

    each got 2 picks right.

    Darren and SissyBoy pulled out the tie when the Steelers took Rudolph.   Before that it was just a two way tie between Canton Mike and LS. 

    So....here was my deal if you recall:

      I will buy the winner of this little effort lunch at Al's as well.

    And if anyone did not follow....Al's Corner Diner here in Barberton Ohio is like the very best certain ethic restaurant in NE Ohio. You just gotta get here.

    https://www.alscornerrestaurant.com/al-s-corner-restaurant-1

    I don't know where you are all from....I guess I could look it up.  But my offer stands....If you want to claim your prize by coming to Barberton and having lunch on me at Al's, we can do that.

    If that is not possible....I am still willing to buy you the equivalent of lunch at Al's.  Remember, if you went on the website....lunch there is only $7.50.   You need to PM me with your preference...and instructions on how to get things to you.   (note: McDonald's gift certs. could do the job.....but I won't hold you all to that.)

  • I appreciate the offer but I haven't even made it up for a game yet. Hopefully that changes this season but my work schedule is crazy. At very least I'm going to make it to one of our games in cincy